Dagger Metamorphose Into a Nomad

Dagger

My hands smells of ketchup and barbeque sauce despite a couple of washings and a shower. I prepared pulled pork that is currently slow cooking. I'll hopefully have a pull porky dinner tonight. (Well, I will unless something goes terribly wrong.)

This will be the last time I use the slow cooker before it is sold. Well, technically it is already sold, but I won't part with it until the weekend.

• Like 3

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

28 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I prepared pulled pork that is currently slow cooking.

tenor.gif

36 minutes ago, Dagger said:

This will be the last time I use the slow cooker before it is sold.

Dr.-Who.gif

• Like 7

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Following for the adventures. 

Still trying to wrap my head around the concept of the icecream truck delivering while its snowing. Actually, to be honest, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of snow :P

• Like 3

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/

1 hour ago, Wolfen said:

tenor.gif

Dr.-Who.gif

Hehe. You get an A in the gif skill.

I'm not that sad about it. Well, it is very convenient, but I'd rather someone use it that it be collecting dust. :)

• Like 3

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

An excellent choice for a slow cooker send off!

Don't tell anyone that I bought the meat for this pulled pork like months ago and had to throw it in the freezer because I didn't start cooking my pulled pork. So it is a double whammy. Last use of it and emptying my freezer more. Trying to see if I can use up most of the freezer and fridge goods. :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kvedulf said:

Following for the adventures. 

Still trying to wrap my head around the concept of the icecream truck delivering while its snowing. Actually, to be honest, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of snow :P

Well today it has: rained, hailed, snowed and now the sun is shining. The only thing missing is some thunder and lightning I suppose. :P Plus it is really windy or it was anyway.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dagger said:

Well, they are sending their husband, so perhaps he's a little more reliable, I'll see tomorrow. It isn't a big sum we're talking about anyway, so we'll see. ^____^

Waiting for the husband who according to the time span I got should be here in 20 minutes at the latest...

While waiting I listened to a podcast while sewing on two buttons on coats (am I just hard on coat buttons?) and packed a box full of stuff a friend bought. Now I'm browsing NF and thinking of having fika. Waiting is a kind of useless game, but now that it is so "close" if he even comes I have a hard time ignoring it.

Plus, now one coat can go to charity and the other coat goes in my winter clothes bag I'll keep at my parents.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Fika is always the right choice! :D 

Haha, spoken like a true Swede. :D

I decided I'd start decluttering the kitchen and fika after the husband finally arrived. He is supposed to show up an hour late, who knows? :P

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dagger said:

fika after the husband finally arrived. He is supposed to show up an hour late, who knows? :P

Husband arrived! Husband bought the things.

I have tea, I have a piece of prinsesstårta, and I will be watching a Sims 4 Lets play. Ohm nom nom.

2660165870_a80e565a3b_o.jpg

(Not picture taken by me. It was on the interwebz.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Fika is always the right choice! :D 

I just had to google fika and I am jealous. North American workaholic culture can go suck it.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Dagger said:

I noticed it was raining so I opened a window so I could listen to it and my brain said: "Do you hear that? That is the sound of life."

That's beautiful.

5 hours ago, Dagger said:

Husband arrived! Husband bought the things.

I have tea, I have a piece of prinsesstårta, and I will be watching a Sims 4 Lets play. Ohm nom nom.

2660165870_a80e565a3b_o.jpg

(Not picture taken by me. It was on the interwebz.)

I watched the episode of the Great British Bake Off where they made that :D  It looked really hard. But tasty.

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
5 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

I just had to google fika and I am jealous. North American workaholic culture can go suck it.

Fika is wonderful. I haven't done it much related to work. But we have birthday fika, advent fika, etc. Plus we don't go out for coffee with friends, we go out for fika. ^____^

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Severine said:

I watched the episode of the Great British Bake Off where they made that :D  It looked really hard. But tasty.

Ohm nom nom. Although as I said, I have them without jam and my was without jam so that picture was inaccurate in that manner but I couldn't find a picture without jam (ok, so I only checked like the first few rows of pictures).

• Like 2

Day 7 of Before the Move

2017-04-26

I feel like I buried the lead about my tea. Really? No one will comment on it? Are my amount of different loose leaf tea the normal amount among NF nerds? I'd be almost disappointed, I want to be the crazy have-too-many-teas nerd. :P

Anyway, so progress of today. Sold some stuff, decluttered most of the kitchen (only the pesky cleaning and supply closet left :P), sewed those buttons I've been meaning to sew for a week, packed the items I sold to some friends for shipping tomorrow, coaching call with Kate, started sorting through all the papers and receipts I need to go through.

I probably have up to two hours of papers left to sort, depending on how closely I have to look at papers. That'll have to happen tomorrow. Along with packing the books a friend will keep for me and packing my travel stuff... dummm dummm dummm. There is NO way I can fit everything I have in the travel pile and it doesn't even include most of the clothes... ouch. So it'll be interesting. :P

How I felt today? Mostly pretty good, actually so good that I had nothing pressing to discuss with Kate and instead we could talk about how to anchor my new more expansive existence. Like I've shed so much and becoming more like me—brief tangent needed, I choose the wording of that sentence specifically. She said that I'm not becoming a new person, I'm just becoming more me. And I liked that and felt that to be true. I'm not shifting into a different person from who I was, although I'm sure some people might think so, instead I'm becoming the me that have always been inside and I'm finding ways to me more expressively me. tangent ending—but this feeling hasn't anchored yet, it hasn't arrived. I'm still in a moment of flux. So we discussed how I could help anchor that feeling, how I could work on arriving or feeling like I've arrived.

Basically, because I know you guys will ask, it is doing two meditations along with mindfulness things I've been adding into my day:

• Energy clearing meditation to clear out the parts of me I'm shedding, but also to clear my space of other people's energy (selling stuff gets me in contact with a lot of people) and calling back the energy I spread around.
  • Total Body Tune-in. The meditation I did a couple of days ago that made me feel so great. Doing that regularly will help anchor that feeling. What if I could feel like that for several hours in a row? That would be awesome (in the modern sense ;)). 
  • Mindfulness "habit" one is what I thought I'd do during a mindfulness challenge. I listed a few ideas for future challenges on my battle log. And one of those practices was that every morning I'd set up to a window (or outside if that is possible or open window) and I'd look out at the daily weather/landscape and I'd take at least three breathes.
  • Another of the mindfulness habits is just to stop and check in with what I'm sensing, generally done right now by walking out on my stoop. I'll stand and stare into the distance (good since I spend a lot of time staring at screens or things close to me). I'll feel the sun or snow on my face (actually I did not stop and feel the snow on my face when I was out when snowing, but you get the idea :P), I'll see what I hear, I'll look for birds.
  • Also mindful walking which I didn't mention to Kate, but that I intend to do more of, which is basically connecting with my senses as I walk. What do the ground feel like under my feet? What do my body feel while walking, is something stiff or cranky or feel good? What do I hear, smell, see, touch, taste?

Basically connecting with myself in the now to firmly connect me to how I feel now, how my experience and my reality look now, and a couple of guided meditations to further help develop that. And the intention is to do the meditations daily or every other day. I'll feel my way to what fits.

At the end, we also practiced some body negotiation. Which is basically talking to your body either when it is trying to tell you something and asking what it needs, but also to ask it what it needs for something to feel good when it doesn't really want to do something. Kate's example was when she was in a specific country in Europe (that escapes me at the moment) and she wanted to eat waffles and drink beer every day, so even on the days her body said no this will not feel good. She basically said "It is happening, so what do I need to do to still feel good?" and then she'd commit to do it some time in the day. On the days she did, she felt great; on the days she didn't, she didn't feel good. Intuition, instincts. Whatever you call it, it can be used to do stuff you really want even if the first reaction would be that it wouldn't feel good.

And I guess I managed to bury the lead with the tea again. Damnit. :P 

PS. I did not catch up today either and I don't care. My plan is still doable with perhaps a little more get-to-it needed tomorrow. :) Shit is getting done, so that is all good.

• Like 8

I just got stuck with some needles and now I am fully vaccinated for my adventure. Well, I know there are more possible ones to take, but I've taken quite a few of them today (one of the two stick was multiple vaccines).

Driving there and back today though... I wouldn't even call myself distracted because that implies I had my attention on something. I have no idea why my mind was not there while driving, but I'm so glad I have no more driving to do today. This made me think of everyone who drives every day, they got to have drives like this regularish because of the number of times they drive. Scary thought.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Dagger said:

eat waffles and drink beer every day

Belgium?

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

43 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Belgium?

Well it was Belgium waffles, so I assumed Belgium, but then I was: am I really sure? And does it really matter? And I decided no and went with European country. :P

• Like 3

Accidentally chocking on the last sip of tea kinda negated the calming and nice feeling from tea. Took 15 minutes to calm down again (I wasn't upset but it wasn't very nice, was it?) and now I'll have another cup of tea.

Sorry, to-do list, you just got to wait.

• Like 4

I get up to make my second cup of tea and what happens? I knock over a glass full of water.

If I could have rage quit the day, I would have. But I still have about 1 hour of sorting papers left and then probably 1,5 hours of packing plus probably 30 minutes of sorting trash. And I just checked my schedule and I can't really delay any of the tasks.

I don't know if I should just resign myself to this being a sucky day or what.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I don't know if I should just resign myself to this being a sucky day or what.

Do not do that. Rage if you want, it can be fun and get the frustration out of your system, but do not resign to the day being sucky. 

DECIDE what kind of day it's going to be, and then make it happen. How amazing would the day be if from the fires of suck the phoenix of a good day rose from the ashes?

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Do not do that. Rage if you want, it can be fun and get the frustration out of your system, but do not resign to the day being sucky. 

DECIDE what kind of day it's going to be, and then make it happen. How amazing would the day be if from the fires of suck the phoenix of a good day rose from the ashes?

I totally hear what you say. And if I had an ounce of energy over to spend on improving my mood, even a simple thought, I would. Well, I'll breathe and stuff in a second.

• Like 3

Finished going through my papers. And it is 20:45. I need to eat dinner.

Then I need to pack books.

Then I need to pack travel stuff or at least 95% of it so I know how much fits.

Then I need to declutter fucking supply/cleaning closet.

Then I'm probably going to ignore sorting trash and see what happens tomorrow.

Because I can't sleep in tomorrow. I have until 14:00 to do my charity and recycle trips. I need to be somewhat awake for that.

I wish I could turn this day around, but right now I just need to eat and then work hard until I am done and try not to procrastinate too much because then I'll be up so fucking late.

Today will just be a total cluster fuck because if I do, tomorrow won't be.

Oh, and did I mention the plan is to do my taxes tomorrow, because I have until May 2nd. Although right now I'm thinking I should move it until the evening of May 2nd... fun times. (Btw, May 2nd is move day, so while I don't have anything planned after taking a train ride down to Stockholm in the afternoon...)

Also, shit I still need to book that train ride...

Can it be tomorrow already? As in I've slept and somehow finished everything in a timely manner?

• Like 5