Dagger Metamorphose Into a Nomad

Dagger

Just tried to get a hotel room in Norway for before and after my adventure trip there. The place closest to the airport, the place the airport is named after, have exactly one hotel and it is full. Because this is like the best tourist season for that area and it is the hotel closest to the airport... *le sigh*

I'm looking into other options but this just showed me that if I'm going in high tourist season I need to be on the ball earlier. Of course, I will have a tent and sleeping bag so I could maybe find a camp ground nearby, and I'm assuming taxis can pick you up at camp grounds, but still... After a week of adventuring, I have a feeling my body will probably want to sleep in a bed if at all possible.

• Like 5

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

So what I did instead? Canceled my booked flights (thankfully SAS have 24 hour free cancel from time of booking, so I booked them this morning). Then I changed so the overnight stays are in one of the connection cities instead, since I would have needed to change planes there anyway and the last little stretch to the adventure city is 25 minutes by plane, no harm no foul. So now I have new plane tickets, hotels booked and everything is ready for that trip except a few purchases of gear. :)

• Like 6

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

2017-05-04

So many bookings today. So I booked flights to Norway (technically I did it twice) plus hotel nights I needed. I booked flights to Italy and will during the commercials of this movie (maybe one more) look at accommodations for the nights I need.

I also got yes from Roam.co London, so I'll be staying there in August and one week into September.

I took a walk to a nearby bank to fix with some things. And I still have packing to finish. But at least I feel more optimistic about that.

Oh, and I bought travel insurance for Costa Rica.

I also meditated today. :)

TOMORROW IS COSTA RICA!!! :D <3

• Like 11

Wow!  I'm so excited for you!!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

I'm currently in the air and close to landing in NYC where I have my last connection to Costa Rica. I wanted to mention that I'll be very scarce on the forum during the retreat, so until Saturday next week. I hope you all have a good week and will try to at least come in to say hi from time to time in my challenge.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

I'm currently in the air and close to landing in NYC where I have my last connection to Costa Rica. I wanted to mention that I'll be very scarce on the forum during the retreat, so until Saturday next week. I hope you all have a good week and will try to at least come in to say hi from time to time in my challenge.

ENJOY!!!!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Enjoy your retreat!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 05/05/2017 at 4:16 AM, MichiruSedai said:

Wow!  I'm so excited for you!!

On 05/05/2017 at 0:08 PM, annyshay said:

ENJOY!!!!

On 05/05/2017 at 8:37 PM, Vibrantella said:

Hey, we are/were both in NYC at the same time! :D

Have fun in Costa Rica!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

On 06/05/2017 at 1:57 AM, zenLara said:

Enjoy your retreat!

Thank you all! I will. :D

• Like 3

Guys... I got to Costa Rica a day late because we got diverted to Panama at the last minute because San Jose's airport was closed due to problems with the runway lights.

But the next day flight was early enough that I didn't miss my afternoon flight to Nosara. I and the rest of the retreaters arrived safe and sound in Nosara yesterday. I'm spending my morning hour to myself updating and checking in at multiple places.

<3 you all.

• Like 15

10 hours ago, Dagger said:

<3 you all.

<3 you back! Hope it's awesome! Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Yesterday was my first nerdversary here on the forums!!!

I have a post I will post when I have some time about the changes I've gone through and such over the past year. It'll probably go up on Saturday or Sunday or possibly some evening this week.

Thanks for a year of support, you guys. <3

• Like 11

Happy nerdversary! Hope you're having an awesome time in Costa Rica. :)

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 07/05/2017 at 10:57 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Have fun at the retreat!!

16 hours ago, Wolfen said:

<3 you back! Hope it's awesome! Keep us posted.

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Have an awesome time!!

Thank you!!! :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Happy nerdversary! Hope you're having an awesome time in Costa Rica. :)

1 hour ago, Plazmotic said:

Happy nerdaversary! Hope CR is amazing!

Thanks! :D 

• Like 1

So Kate and Amy had planned a mystery adventure for yesterday and it was paddle boarding along a river. It was amazing!!!

Plus we got to visit a black sand beach that is only accessible by that river or the Pacific Ocean. The ocean is so warm down here!

Oh, and I tried fresh coconut water: delicious!

• Like 9

A lot of involved emotional and energy work is happening right now. So I don't really have much to say.

• Like 7

HI DAGGER!

I found you super late this time, but I'm following now and I'll catch up later! 

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Today is the last day of the retreat. I feel kinda sad about that, but I am sure Amy and Kate can pull it together to finish the course they set for these days. Plus this retreat came with 6-months of support after so it isn't over yet. :)

• Like 5

And now end of day and it definitively feel like it all came together very well. I'm looking forward to pampering myself at the next hotel here in Nosara. Although I think the food might be hard to top. I'm not a vegetarian but the food have been good or amazing most meals (always buffet style). Now I'll get to choose every day and there will be more meat options. Plus a hammock. Who can say no to a hammock? :D

• Like 8

That sounds so amazing.  I'm loving reading about your adventures!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

6 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

That sounds so amazing.  I'm loving reading about your adventures!

Glad to hear it!

• Like 2