• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie gets de-lovely

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

thanks! and i actually have one of those but i think i like the armbands better for headphones that need to attached. i actually ALSO have bluetooth headphones but i don't like them haha

do you think headphone cords would get in the way if plugged in to my waist area? i dunno, i already have issues with my workout pants falling down, i feel like something around my waist would exacerbate that...

I'm trying to remember what I wore when I used to have plug in headphones, I just remember whipping them out of my ears by accident all the time! DARN on the bluetooth ones being sucky! I have over the ear ones which are nice because they act like ear muffs in the winter but probably wouldn't work for HIIT or anything like that.

53 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

I'm trying to remember what I wore when I used to have plug in headphones, I just remember whipping them out of my ears by accident all the time! DARN on the bluetooth ones being sucky! I have over the ear ones which are nice because they act like ear muffs in the winter but probably wouldn't work for HIIT or anything like that.

I bought a pair of the jaybird sport bluetooth earbuds when I was deployed. They've been absolute beasts since. Any and all workout they have taken like a champ, but you're paying for that privilege. 

I have a flip belt and I like it - I did use it with wired headphones, but it sounds like you picked an armband already so that probably works.

I mostly also use my flip belt with my wireless headphones these days so, eh.

Yay for ciderfest, that sounds super fun! I love cider :)

18 hours ago, Leigh said:

Arm bands are all well and good, but they can be a total bitch too. In my case I have to tighten the binding on it so much to keep it from sliding off that I can't bend my arm enough to do bench or rows or a pile of other things, bit if I loosen it it becomes a floppy braclet in about two minutes.

I have had flip belts recommended highly by a pile of different nerds and it doesn't seem to interfere with my pants at all. :) If it does start to get annoying I swear I'm making a bandoleer emoji14.png

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

Mpow makes a $20 pair of bluetooth headphones that get good reviews. Might be worth it to switch to that?

18 hours ago, Deciduous said:

15 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I have a flip belt and I like it - I did use it with wired headphones, but it sounds like you picked an armband already so that probably works.

I mostly also use my flip belt with my wireless headphones these days so, eh.

Yay for ciderfest, that sounds super fun! I love cider :)

heyooooo! should have specified that i only listen to my phone when i'm running. i don't need distractions when i'm lifting or doing anything else really.

the bluetooth headphones that i don't like are the SO's rejects so there wasn't much hope for them in the first place. SINCE i only need them for running, i didn't feel it was worth it to look into new headphones for myself. i only need the armband for outdoors running (since on the treadmill, i'll put my phone in the little tray). so it really all comes down to, i'm not going to be using this super much and don't want to try 5 different headphone to make sure they're comfortable and will stay in my ears yadda yadda. the white earbuds that come with the iPhone seriously work just fine! :D 

all that said, i still could try a flip belt... haven't made the purchase yet

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Week 2 – Sunday

breakfast was grilled filet mignon and toast at my mom's house. said no to the strawberry shortcake. very little snacks throughout the day. did my 10 burpees - getting a bit out of breath now compared to just 5.

went shopping to return a dress i bought last year, never wore or took off the tags or anything. good thing they took it back. bought a pair of sporty type pants that I could feasibly also wear to client meetings when those are on a boat or something. all i had were dress pants and leggings which do not fit that type of occasion. jeans would work if I liked any of my jeans or any jeans at all. i did try on a bunch of my jeans and got rid of a pair that will probably never fit again. switched out my winter dresses/sweaters for my rompers and summer dresses :D

SO was super successful at eddie bauer. it's hard to find her style in her body type so I was v excited. jorts, casual slip ons, short sleeve button down and a long sleeve button down!

dinner was restaurant food. i got chicken tenders and a warm brussel slaw. really good, weird waiter... then we munched on snacks at home, watched de-lovely(!), and went to bed early

Calories: 2,011/14,000

Weights: 0/3

Cardio: 0/2

Burpees: 10/30

Yoga: 0/60; 0/3

Week 2 – Monday

stayed home from work for mental health and really bad shark cramps. did get to the gym for deload DLs

80x5

100x5

120x5x5 - first time trying a 5x5 routine. figured one set of 5 just wasn't enough and may as well get in some extra volume on deload numbers

RDLs

70x10x4

ABZ

did a 15 min yoga video for cramps after that. made eggs and bacon for breakfast alongside a protein coffee. ventured out to whole foods to restock on coconut oil and grabbed food for the rest of the day: chicken soup and smores halo top. necessities.

watched a bunch of The Magicians (am I starting to enjoy Martin Chatwin? does his beautiful singing voice have anything to do with it? maybe the surprise of finding out this actor, who's a one shot character in everything, has an amazing singing voice just really excited me. IDK QUESTIONS TO PONDER)

and went to vag mons rehearsal. productive stuff.

Calories: 4,015/14,000

Weights: 1/3

Yoga: 15/60; 1/3

unfortunately woke up at midnight last night and threw up a bunch. mixture of really bad cramps again and weird/late food snacks. home again today.

• Like 4

meant to mention that on sunday i cooked up nomnompaleo's pork carnitas in the pressure cooker, also the reg. egg bake, and @Taddea Zhaan's oatmeal egg bake! I made them in my silicone baking trays and they came out like cute little muffins!

eB-0dyS89KGFY2YyjegLT-OtqjdFxdqfNuVV2JLw

or, as @Laghail so generously pointed out, dino poops.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

meant to mention that on sunday i cooked up nomnompaleo's pork carnitas in the pressure cooker

I immediately had to look this up and bookmark it. Carnitas are BAE.

22 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

meant to mention that on sunday i cooked up nomnompaleo's pork carnitas in the pressure cooker, also the reg. egg bake, and @Taddea Zhaan's oatmeal egg bake! I made them in my silicone baking trays and they came out like cute little muffins!

or, as @Laghail so generously pointed out, dino poops.

Um, I've been wanting to try that Nom Nom recipie, but it's super involved? How did you make it in the pressure cooker?!

Inquiring minds want to know.

43 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

I immediately had to look this up and bookmark it. Carnitas are BAE.

yes! came out great. will be trying them crisped up in a cast iron for lunch today

37 minutes ago, raptron said:

Aw man! I'm sorry you got sick last night. :( 

so weird. i usually do have pretty bad cramps but never to the point of throwing up.

35 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Um, I've been wanting to try that Nom Nom recipie, but it's super involved? How did you make it in the pressure cooker?!

it was actually pretty easy! i used boneless country pork ribs bc that's what i had. rubbed them down with the spices she mentioned in a big bowl. plopped into the cooker with a quartered onion, some garlic, a couple bay leaves. i didn't have an orange so i used about a cup of hard cider instead lol

cooked for 30mins under pressure! let it come down from pressure naturally. good stuff!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yes! came out great. will be trying them crisped up in a cast iron for lunch today

so weird. i usually do have pretty bad cramps but never to the point of throwing up.

it was actually pretty easy! i used boneless country pork ribs bc that's what i had. rubbed them down with the spices she mentioned in a big bowl. plopped into the cooker with a quartered onion, some garlic, a couple bay leaves. i didn't have an orange so i used about a cup of hard cider instead lol

cooked for 30mins under pressure! let it come down from pressure naturally. good stuff!

Ooooooh, this is good to know. I ended up with 5 bottles of hard cider as leftovers from a going away party this past weekend and I don't drink at home often (or ever, really), so now I have a use for it!

Also, sorry to hear you got sick! That line just completely failed to process in my brain the first time.

44 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

I just read through it, assuming we're talking about the same one it's simple to make the meat, but then she details out making lettuce wraps with avocado to top them (plus crisping up the carnitas after they're cooked), which made the recipe look super long and involved at first.

2 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Ooooooh, this is good to know. I ended up with 5 bottles of hard cider as leftovers from a going away party this past weekend and I don't drink at home often (or ever, really), so now I have a use for it!

perfect! yeah i figured it'd be a fiiiiine substitute :D who doesn't like pork with apple?! and who doesn't like a liquored up meal?! win-win-win.

Also, sorry to hear you got sick! That line just completely failed to process in my brain the first time.

no worries! luckily work is slow and i don't feel bad taking two days off in a row

I just read through it, assuming we're talking about the same one it's simple to make the meat, but then she details out making lettuce wraps with avocado to top them (plus crisping up the carnitas after they're cooked), which made the recipe look super long and involved at first.

ahhh, yes! i forgot about those parts. no need to get fancy. i threw some pork on top of spinach and frozen veggies for lunch tomorrow. but i do bet it'll be worth it to crisp it up. we'll see!

• Like 1

1 - I had never heard of the magicians! This sounds like something spouse and I might both like, could watch after parks and rec. So thanks!
2 - I loooove Eddie Bauer. Their stuff holds up so well, too
3 - re running only for headphones, got it! I vouch for going to tj maxx and trying on a bunch and doing little slow jogs through the aisles.

3 hours ago, raptron said:

It is definitely good crisped up and takes like no time! Cider is great with pork. <3 

yes! mine actually took longer than i liked because there was too much gelatinous broth stuck to the meat that needed to evaporate off before maximum crispness could be achieved

it was pretty out of this world though.

2 hours ago, Deciduous said:

1 - I had never heard of the magicians! This sounds like something spouse and I might both like, could watch after parks and rec. So thanks!

2 - I loooove Eddie Bauer. Their stuff holds up so well, too
3 - re running only for headphones, got it! I vouch for going to tj maxx and trying on a bunch and doing little slow jogs through the aisles.

1- Magician's is... well nothing like parks and rec lol it gets into some pretty uncomfortable topics, can be very brash and gorey. just a disclaimer! i liked the books (mostly books 2 and 3) but like any tv show from a book series, they are way off page. it's not bad! just different and i'm enjoying the alternate plot paths

2- right?! they also have a lifetime return policy. oh and the guy at our store remembers us each time we go (and it had been like a year!) kind of just a great shopping experience all around :D

3- haha! nah i'm gunna stick to my free white earbuds and just figure out somewhere to stick my phone

• Like 1

1- Magician's is... well nothing like parks and rec lol it gets into some pretty uncomfortable topics, can be very brash and gorey. just a disclaimer! i liked the books (mostly books 2 and 3) but like any tv show from a book series, they are way off page. it's not bad! just different and i'm enjoying the alternate plot paths

OHHHH good to know!!!!!! Might be too heavy for us lol!

2- right?! they also have a lifetime return policy. oh and the guy at our store remembers us each time we go (and it had been like a year!) kind of just a great shopping experience all around :D

I only started shopping with them last year and yeah, I'm in love! They do tall sizes offline too which is the best.

3- haha! nah i'm gunna stick to my free white earbuds and just figure out somewhere to stick my phone

Oh no, I was so unclear! I meant to try the phone holder running bands on! They always have stuff like that!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

SO was super successful at eddie bauer. it's hard to find her style in her body type so I was v excited. jorts, casual slip ons, short sleeve button down and a long sleeve button down!

EDDIE BAUER DA BOMB YO. Damn straight I have a rewards card :P 

did a 15 min yoga video for cramps after that.

Oooo I'd be interested in which poses were involved? We could pool resources, I have some cramp go toes

I'm sorry :( Really, so so sorry...

unfortunately woke up at midnight last night and threw up a bunch. mixture of really bad cramps again and weird/late food snacks. home again today.

OOFFF girl. All the love. Death to sharks. Please feel better soon! <3

12 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Oh no, I was so unclear! I meant to try the phone holder running bands on! They always have stuff like that!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH actually this is a good idea...

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

EDDIE BAUER DA BOMB YO. Damn straight I have a rewards card :P 

sames!

Oooo I'd be interested in which poses were involved? We could pool resources, I have some cramp go toes

it was really nice actually, here it is! lots of spinal twists, legs up the wall, happy baby, etc.

I'm sorry :( Really, so so sorry...

haha! don't be! it's actually been a great goal for me as i tend to skip all sunday movement. this is a good way to incorporate a quick thing if i don't have time for a full sesh :D

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Will totally try this over the weekend! I am restocking my freezer after moving so all the instant pot stuff is happening :)

• Like 2

Week 2 – Tuesday

as mentioned, stayed home after another terrible night's sleep. did laundry. researched new bodyweight scales. did my burpees. did a bit of yoga while binging The Magicians.

Food was pretty good until the afternoon. Bfast was the bake, lunch was the crispy carnitas and bok choy, snacks is where things got messy… a green juice, a homemade frappe (banana, cold brew, maple syrup, milk), some cashews, and two of those oatmeal muffins. Not bad things, just probably too much of them. dinner was cod and a bacon/brussel slaw (ermuhgahd so good). I think I can course-correct some damage before Saturday.

Calories: 6,178/14,000

Burpees: 20/30

Yoga: 23/60; 2/3

• Like 5

Week 2 – Wednesday

And we’re back to regularly scheduled programming.

treadmill for EXACTLY 35 MINUTES! (seeee @Blocky, I can do it!) went 3.34 miles and climbed 88 ft.

food was the same as yesterday except dinner was beef and broccoli. did some yoga before dinner. I did snack on cashews while cooking. But then I also didn’t end up finishing my dinner because I was full. and that never happens. Like I’ll usually just keep eating to eat, so success!

Calories: 8,076/14,000

Cardio: 1/2

Burpees: 20/30

Yoga: 35/60; 3/3

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 2 – Wednesday

And we’re back to regularly scheduled programming.

treadmill for EXACTLY 35 MINUTES! (seeee @Blocky, I can do it!) went 3.34 miles and climbed 88 ft.

now your next goal is to the get the time and the miles even :P it should have been 35 min and 3.35 miles. c'mon gurl, get. it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

When I saw the even time I was thinking that this is how runners must get addicted - vicious cycle, you got the time even, then try and even out the distance, then the time is off, etc etc etc run until we drop literally dead.

Glad you slept/are feeling better! That sounded sucktacular :(

• Like 4