• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SirJoshHafer

SirJoshHafer: Nuptials Edition

4 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Don't sweat the rough start, these things happen. It's called "life". ;)  The important thing is that you haven't let it derail you, that's a good sign.  Did you know that you can start your challenge on Monday if you want?  Lots of people still prefer to do it that way.  I'm not a fan of the new Sunday start either, I like it to go mon-sun. 

I didn't know that haha, thanks for the heads up. I agree, it would be easier to start on a Monday which is usually when my focus is at its best.

• Like 1

Day 2

Quest 1: Fail

Quest 2: Pass

Quest 3: Pass

Life Quest: Fail

Workout

Bench Press

15 x bar (warm-up)

15 x 61.2 kg (warm-up)

6 x 83.9 kg (warm-up)

3 x 93 kg

3 x 93 kg

3 x 93 kg

3 x 93 kg

3 x 93 kg

3 x 93 kg

3 x 93 kg

Incline Dumbbell Press

10 x 24.9 kg

10 x 24.9 kg

10 x 24.9 kg

8 x 24.9 kg

Incline Dumbbell Fly

10 x 11.3 kg

10 x 11.3 kg

10 x 11.3 kg

Dips (chest variation)

Pec Deck

10 x 27.2 kg

10 x 27.2 kg

10 x 27.2 kg

So the second day wasn't quite as bad as the first. Sleep is still an issue as is making time to work on the Android Development course (I played Destiny for most of the evening after the gym). I did manage to get my eggs cooked and coffee set to brew this morning and tracked my workout so there's progress at least.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SirJoshHafer said:

I didn't know that haha, thanks for the heads up. I agree, it would be easier to start on a Monday which is usually when my focus is at its best.

Honestly, the rules/guidelines/suggestions they post are just that. It's a good format to follow when you have no idea what you're doing, but you're totally free to do whatever you want for your challenge, including tweaking the number/types of goals and starting/ending when it's convenient for you. :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

Honestly, the rules/guidelines/suggestions they post are just that. It's a good format to follow when you have no idea what you're doing, but you're totally free to do whatever you want for your challenge, including tweaking the number/types of goals and starting/ending when it's convenient for you. :)

This is good to know, thanks for the advice. I may be modifying my Life Quest then because with wedding plan and such over the course of the next few weeks it's looking less likely I'll have a full hour block to dedicate to course work.

• Like 1

Day 3

Quest 2: Pass

Workout

Deadlift

15 x 61.2 kg (warm-up)

6 x 93 kg (warm-up)

3 x 124.7 kg

3 x 124.7 kg

3 x 124.7 kg

3 x 124.7 kg

3 x 129.2 kg

3 x 129.2 kg

3 x 129.2 kg

Reverse-Grip Bent-over Row

10 x 61.2 kg

10 x 61.2 kg

10 x 61.2 kg

10 x 61.2 kg

Wide-Grip Cable Row

12 x 54.4 kg

10 x 54.4 kg

10 x 54.4 kg

Straight-arm Pushdown

10 x 49.9 kg

10 x 54.4 kg

8 x 54.4 kg

Lat Pulldown

10 x 54.4 kg

10 x 54.4 kg

10 x 54.4 kg

Basically the same result as yesterday. I'm considering updating the Life Quest to something that doesn't require as much of a time commitment.

• Like 2

Day 4

Quest 1: 50%

Quest 2: Fail

Quest 3: Rest day

I actually managed to get out of bed on time, but due to work (I had to clean install Windows 10 and setup my dev environment) I was up until around 1:00 AM. Nothing else was accomplished. Blah, hopefully I can refocus this weekend and get on track.

• Like 1

Day 5

Quest 3: Rest day

It's a good thing these aren't scores counting towards a degree haha... Anyway I almost hit my getting out of and into bed targets, missing each by less than 25 minutes so I'm at least getting closer to hitting those goals. Yesterday should have been a workout day, but some of the people helping with our wedding were available to have a meeting to go over some stuff. Legs today and arms/shoulders tomorrow to finish out the week.

• Like 3

On 2017-04-27 at 10:55 AM, SirJoshHafer said:

but due to work (I had to clean install Windows 10 and setup my dev environment)

bleh, I hate it when that becomes necessary.

Hopefully your weekend had less life hiccups (although I usually find they have more).

On 28/04/2017 at 1:21 PM, SirJoshHafer said:

I almost hit my getting out of and into bed targets, missing each by less than 25 minutes so I'm at least getting closer to hitting those goals.

Progress is progress even if it's not as much as you would like.

Confucius say:

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. 

• Like 1

Sooo....

It's been almost two weeks since my last post and I'm fairly certain I haven't achieved any daily goal since. Between an overdue project at work and the final stretch of wedding planning (less than two weeks!) my mental bandwidth and willpower have been zapped. Getting my sleep and workouts in have been my priority, even if I haven't met any targets, and will continue through the rest of the challenge.

• Like 3

Day 17

Horray! I finally passed a quest for the first time in almost two weeks haha.

Workout

Incline Dumbbell Press

15 x 13.6 kg (warm-up)

10 x 20.4 kg (warm-up)

10 x 27.2 kg

10 x 27.2 kg

10 x 27.2 kg

Incline Dumbbell Fly

10 x 15.9 kg

10 x 15.9 kg

10 x 15.9 kg

Lateral Dumbbell Raise

10 x 11.3 kg

10 x 11.3 kg

10 x 11.3 kg

Reverse Dumbbell Fly

10 x 9.1 kg

10 x 9.1 kg

10 x 9.1 kg

Lat Pull-down Machine

10 x 54.4 kg (warm-up)

10 x 61.2 kg (warm-up)

10 x 68 kg

10 x 68 kg

10 x 68 kg

Seated Machine Row

10 x 68 kg

10 x 68 kg

10 x 68 kg

One-arm Cable Curl

10 x 22.5 kg

10 x 22.5 kg

10 x 22.5 kg

Overhead One-arm Cable Curl

8 x 17.5 kg

8 x 17.5 kg

8 x 17.5 kg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SirJoshHafer said:

Horray! I finally passed a quest for the first time in almost two weeks haha.

Yay! Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm remembering the weeks leading up to my wedding as rather chaotic, so I imaging you're rather busy :)

Keep focusing on sleep and workouts and taking care of yourself for this last week and a half. Especially, the sleep, you're probably going to need it. :D

On 5/8/2017 at 10:57 PM, SirJoshHafer said:

Sooo....

It's been almost two weeks since my last post and I'm fairly certain I haven't achieved any daily goal since. Between an overdue project at work and the final stretch of wedding planning (less than two weeks!) my mental bandwidth and willpower have been zapped. Getting my sleep and workouts in have been my priority, even if I haven't met any targets, and will continue through the rest of the challenge.

Basic workouts + sleep, that's always a win. The other goals will be there when your bandwidth recovers.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 7:47 AM, Hymnusal said:

Hope you're having a happy honeymoon @SirJoshHafer!

Thanks! We got back last night and it was amazing. When I get time this week I'm going to get my Battlelog started and write about it there.

So, considering the craziness involved with the wedding and honeymoon I'm going to chalk this challenge up to a trial run. I didn't hit very many targets and completely fell off the wagon the last two or three weeks. Now that I'll have more time and mental bandwidth on my hands it's time to pick myself up and get back at it.  

• Like 1