• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

.TIFF

Tiffany D Goes On An Adventure - Pasta Will be There

giphy.gif

So I currently have less than 3 weeks until I leave for my trip to Italy, I am going to try to lose a little over 1lb a week in order to get to the goal of 180(180.whatever works too) before I head to pasta land :D

In order to get this done I will be focusing on 3 things...

Meals:

giphy.gif

Prep all breakfasts and lunches using the containers that help with portion sizes, and plan all dinners in advance including my 1 "cheat meal" which can be anything but must be portioned well.

Training:

giphy.gif

I am doing a 15 day HIIT challenge starting in 2 days (along with my usual training), after that I will make sure I do 2 days of cardio for at least 45 min (stair master, max trainer, low impact) per week, and 25 min on the stair master after every normal workout.

Culture Crash Course:

giphy.gif

I failed at properly preparing for this trip language wise, time to focus and get as much learning in as possible.  Italian lessons every day until the trip, with at least a solid 30 min to an hour on weekends. 

I will be posting updates daily for accountability on meals (which start on Saturday since I have my catered stuff until Friday), and language.

Starting Weight 185.4

• Like 5

I studied abroad in Italy when I was in undergrad. I lived there for 4 months Jan - May. The winter break just before I taught myself an entire semester's worth of Italian and tested into taking Italian 102 when I arrived there. I was the only student in my program who bothered to learn much of anything! People baffle me. 

TL;DR it can be done!

*caveat, I had already studied several years of spanish before that. 

• Like 1

Well I was in a good mood today until I went to input in my log info on the ETP site.  The founder still does reviews on the web app, and now I can say he is kind of a dick, or at least doesn't understand some forms of progress are not always the most obvious.

The calorie goals and carbs are pretty damn high over at ETP, and I have been on the catered meals which I will agree are a bit small, but I add a 4th meal to that usually.  He decided to say I was trying to starve myself because I wasn't following the plan closely enough and that my own plan was a fools gold of "starve myself more" because of my initial weight loss progress.  

The thing is, I've made some great progress.  I actually have tracked somewhat consistently, and this week was the week I would start tracking on weekends too which I used to be like "f that, it's the weekend".  I have also started writing my goals of each macro for the day down, and really tried to get there (but seriously, so many carbs).  And my real goal to eat proper portions is now there, when I splurge I don't splurge nearly as much as I used to because I can stop before I have stuffed myself like a turkey on thanksgiving.  He said he was putting me on weekly reviews and if I don't make "progress" he will cut me off of them.  

I really wanted to send him this

giphy.gif

... but I can't send gifs on the web app.

Yesterday I failed at Italian because the boyfriend surprised me with Mass Effect Andromeda installed on my computer when I got home, and he wanted to make me food and feed me mojitos and watch my playthrough.  Funny thing is, I finally hit my ETP carb goal due to them and the hot dog buns, LOL.

Down to 184.8 this morning, and I have a proper workout tonight.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

UMMMMMMMMM Isn't his damn fault for making the meals so skimpy? 

No, ETP is different than the catered meals thing.  ETP just gives you macro, and step goals to hit daily.

Yesterday I got in some heavy (205lb) triples on squats for 4-5 sets after working up to that, and then hit the stair master for 25 min.

Talked with my coach about the ETP thing, and struggling to find my passion for working out again. He said to stop overthinking things and to get back on the nutrition plan I got from Tara where I didn't have to track my calories, but to follow it like I'm supposed to.

6e9dcb2abe5cfd7b940ee51f6b6a6aee.jpg

I don't take too many full body pics, but I do notice some progress which is nice :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 6

GIRL!!!! SO excited for you!!! For your trip and all the progress!!! You're looking awesome!! And thank you for sharing. The people want to know! :D Here obvs! (I'm a little slow at warrioring this month, but making the rounds!) HAI!!!

omg this is mesmerizing...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

On 4/21/2017 at 10:15 AM, TiffanyD said:

Yesterday I got in some heavy (205lb) triples on squats for 4-5 sets after working up to that, and then hit the stair master for 25 min.

For once I am on your challenge on time, and I am here to say DAAAAAAAAAMN GUUUUUURL 

large.giphy.gif.9f0a51d8e5685b70fe75e72db9e74577.gif

• Like 1

Yesterday was full of mainly good choices, and a couple bad ones.

I prepped my breakfast and lunch Sunday night, and put everything into MFP early to make sure I was getting my macro goals, or at least close enough.  Everything was set, but I remembered a co-worker was turning 40 so I grabbed some fancy ass awesome donuts.  They were probably the size of 2.5 regular donuts, and fantastic...  lol

Workout was good, though I didn't hit 155 again on bench even though I have done it for a double twice now...  Did a couple triples of 135 before that, and a few singles of it after the 155 attempt.  Hit up the max trainer at home since someone was on the stair master (this is a first by the way, usually I say I will and then get home and play video games).

I've been going to the tanner for about a week in hopes that my pale behind can get some color before my trip... I overdid it yesterday and am quite toasty, but I think even with being a light shade of lobster last night my skin has calmed down enough that I shouldn't peel :D 

Still kind of feeling like this today though

giphy.gif

I also got in my Italian last night!

• Like 5

Well my toasted rear got in some squats yesterday, worked up to 235lb doubles, and then hit the stair master for 25 min afterwards.

I was exhausted when I got home but I still managed to make homemade chicken wings and we had "hot sauce" night, It was actually a lot of fun and a more interactive dinner than we usually do at home.  I was then ready to crash so I skipped Italian and went to sleep, because sleep wins over all other things.

giphy.gif

So I am already thinking about what I am going to do next training wise, and I feel that I have at least enough knowledge to do the lifts myself without breaking things so I think I am going to go for an online trainer and see how that goes.  I really want a more regimented routine, and I see my trainer not pushing me as much as I know I can go which is a real problem because it should be the other way around.  I've also been feeling like an outsider more in that gym lately as well, so I think it's just time for a change overall. 

Today I go to the spiffy gym right after work, and it was a full on cardio day but I feel like training DLs so that is what I am going to do...  If I can find chalk on my lunch break that is.

• Like 5

Hit a new deadlift PR yesterday of 315lbs!

giphy.gif

That was about the only thing I did within my goals though. 

Today will be better!  Lunch prep was attempted last night but the ground turkey I had was bad :( I still got my breakfast set up properly, and I'll be hitting up Chipolte for a burrito bowl for lunch.  Dinner is already planned, and I have training with my coach tonight.  I'm going to try to get home with enough time to hit up Italian before training since I have been so tired afterwards so far this week.

• Like 6

On 04/25/2017 at 8:02 AM, TiffanyD said:

I also got in my Italian last night!

Really, no one is calling phrasing on that?  Not even a "that's what he said"??

Do I even know you people anymore?

All kidding aside, that squat is effing fabulous.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

11 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Lunch prep was attempted last night but the ground turkey I had was bad :(

Eh... I hate when that happens. I ALWAYS buy too much and end up throwing some away... Luckily, Mrs Blocky has every Wednesday off for now, so we only have to think about 3 days at a time and then she can restock midweek.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blocky said:

Eh... I hate when that happens. I ALWAYS buy too much and end up throwing some away... Luckily, Mrs Blocky has every Wednesday off for now, so we only have to think about 3 days at a time and then she can restock midweek.

This is what I try to do, especially now since my trainer had to switch up days so I don't have a scheduled workout on Wednesdays anymore... It's my own fault for not cooking the discounted ground meat the night I got it.  Lesson learned!  Next week will be better since I am forcing myself to plan out the whole week on Saturday, I seem to falter when I am not 100% organized with a solid plan.

11 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Really, no one is calling phrasing on that?  Not even a "that's what he said"??

Do I even know you people anymore?

All kidding aside, that squat is effing fabulous.

giphy.gif

Right!  I even kind of said it that way on purpose, though I am the Italian of the household so logistics may not be right on that one :D lol.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

YAY! Deadlift PRs are the best PRs :D

So true, they are my favorite PR though bench PRs are worth a bit more to me since they are the most difficult to get.

• Like 2

Yesterday was better food wise than Wednesday, but still not 100%, and now I keep fluctuating from 185-187 every other day which is annoying.  I found the trainer I will be working with come July, so I am looking forward to the change of pace.

Workout was shoulders mainly, cable pulldowns and rows with different grips and as slow as I could go without locking out for lots of sets/reps.  Then I attempted the stair master, but only got to 5 min before I was like NOPE, or at least my back was anyway.

Cooked breakfast for dinner with the only "bad" decision being the bagel with cream cheese...  And an assist from Ben since he didn't let me munch on Doritos while watching TV.

• Like 3

just checking in, you may already be in Bella Tuscany and eating all the pasta, in which case I am very jealous.

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

So the weeks leading up to my trip got kind of crazy and I was working late days trying to learn my yet again new position at the company.  I walked like crazy in Lucca, made some fantastic food, ate some other fantastic food, turned 32, and generally had a great time.  If anyone wants to see pictures there are plenty on my instagram and it's public so you don't have to get permission to check them out.  And I broke out pretty damn even because I am at 185 lbs this morning (this may even be less than when I left, lol).

Currently I am now awake from sleeping in my bed for the first time in a week and a half which was great, except that I am also sick as a dog.  This weekend I will be formulating a new plan of action when it comes to my fat loss journey and giving my trainer a real chance to change his tune and give me what I am looking for before I completely decide to switch to a different one.  The goal is to have a set training schedule, this way I know what is going on through the week so that I can eat appropriately.  

• Like 4