Jump to content

[CAT TAKEOVER] Hymnusal has purrrfect teatimes


Hymnusal

Recommended Posts

giphy.gif



I love tea. I love to sample all the different kinds, I love to mix and match the loose-leaf teas, I love the smell, the warmth, the flavour. Tea is awesome. Tea is calming.



Since I'm hoping to use the calming benefits of tea to help me this challenge, and since I have other calming elements scattered throughout this challenge then I think tea shall be my theme. Well, tea and cats. The cat gifs are addicting. >.> You cat people have won me over.



Tea before Treats


giphy.gif


I may have a snack whenever I please - I just must have a cup of tea first.


What do I hope this will accomplish? First: to make sure I'm not snacking when I'm actually thirsty. Second: to make myself a little more full before snacking so I will not have as much. Third: to give myself a chance to change my mind if I don't actually want the snack. And fourth: to replace the snacking habit with the superior tea one when I'm not really hungry.


Grading: A = snacks had, B = intentions to eat snacks that tea mitigated, C = snacks with teas before hand, D = teas that prevented snacking; (C+D) / (A+B) - I know this sounds complicated, but it should be easy enough to track with my next goal.



What do Death Knights eat?


giphy.gif


I will track everything that goes in my face for the next four weeks. No judgments, no trying to change things, just information gathering.


What do I hope this will accomplish? Hopefully it will inform future food goals and maybe even allow me to make food issues to things like acne, and stomach pain. If nothing else I will learn a little bit about myself.


Grading: daysTracked/28



Catlike flexibility, Death Knight strength


giphy.gif


Continue the BBWW 3 times a week. Add Yoga once a week. Even 10 minutes counts, I just need to do it. I learned last challenge that I don't really enjoy running, but I did enjoy when I finished the BBWW with a short stretch yoga routine (3 mins). I would love to add more ease to my week so instead of running, let's try making one extra yoga session instead.


What do I hope this will accomplish? awesomeness++, strength++, recovery++


Grading: bbwwDoneInWeek/3 - average of 4 weeks, worth 75% of grade; yogaSessionDoneInWeek/1 - average of 4 weeks, worth 25% of grade;



Contemplate the Word


giphy.gif


Read scripture and meditate on a key theme or verse from the reading daily. Attempt to find a consistent time to do this, but it isn't part of the grading.


What do I hope this will accomplish? Meditating on God's word should bring better clarity and draw me closer to him, mediating should help me clear my mental fog.


Grading: (readingDays + mediationDays)/56



Bonus: Eat like a cat


giphy.gif


Eat a can of sardines. They've been following me around (literally in my purse), and sitting on my desk staring at me. The aversion to bones should not stop a true rebel, plus they are good for you, and ... *stares at tin of fish in fear*


What do I hope this will accomplish? I break a food fear and open new doors of cooking.


 

Grading:  The fishies get nommed (pass) or they don't (fail)

 


 

  • Like 1
Link to post

The Summary Box

 

giphy.gif

 

Week 1:

Tea: 6/7

Food tracking: 7/7

BBWW: 2/3 + 1/3 planned sunday recovery = 3/3

Yoga: 1/1

Reading and Mediation: 13/14

 

Week 2:

Tea: 6/8 - barely passable, sunday really screwed me here

Food tracking: 7/7

BBWW: 2/3 + 1/3 planned sunday recovery = 3/3

Yoga: 0/1

Reading and Mediation: 12/14

Sardines? YES!

 

Week 3:

Tea: 9/11

Food tracking: 7/7

BBWW: 3/3

Yoga: 0/1

Reading and Mediation: 9/14

 

Week 4:

Tea: 11/11

Food tracking: 7/7

BBWW: 3/3

Yoga: 1/1

Reading and Mediation: 9/14

  • Like 1
Link to post

Thought I would continue to push last challenge's foundation before starting this one, logs so far:

 

Week 0 Day 1 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading and meditation ✖ - It seems I was correct about the habit not being solid yet

- Chopping - nothing to chop

- Brush and floss ✔

- Workout - nothing scheduled

 

Week 0 Day 2 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading ✔ and meditation ✖ - (I passed out - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

- Chopping ✔ - happy salad vegetables!

- Brush and floss ✔

- Workout - nothing scheduled

 

Week 0 Day 3 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading and meditation ✔

- Chopping ✔ - happy salad vegetables again

- Brush and floss ✔

- Workout ✔ **************!

 

Week 0 Day 4 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading and meditation ✔

- Chopping - nothing to chop

- Brush and floss ✔

- Workout - nothing scheduled

 

Re: - Workout ✔ **************!

I DID A PUSHUP FROM MY TOES! (only one, but still) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D:D:D

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I like tea too! I just started my tea love, so I'm still new to tea. What tea do you like? Do you like tisanes (I totally had to look up the word.) and other non-tea teas? Do you make other stuff with tea? They make a good liquid for smoothies. There's a tea I use as a base (instead of water) for miso soup. Matcha Green Tea makes for a great tasting banana ice cream (aka nice cream).

 

Last year (using Black Friday deals), I bought too much tea. I didn't know pu-erh and oolong could be steeped multiple times. Where do you get your tea? I ordered online from Art of Tea. I want to try some Harney and Sons flavors. I should also find a nice tea shop around here. No shipping costs then.

 

I want to steal your cat in the bathtub with fish picture.

 

Congratutions on your push up!

  • Like 1
Link to post

I have a lot of tea kicking around the house but I think my favourites are the chai teas, green teas, and herbals/fruity teas (is that what tisane means?). If they are looseleaf I sometimes add green tea to my herbals/fruity teas. We didn't have any good tea shops around this area until about 2 years ago. My favourite is called Tasha tea, which I think is just in Fredericton (http://www.tashatea.com/), the people who run it are much less pushy than the chain tea shops in the mall. :) I get my loose leaf sencha green tea from an organic grocery in town too.

 

6 hours ago, Meushell said:

Do you make other stuff with tea? They make a good liquid for smoothies. There's a tea I use as a base (instead of water) for miso soup. Matcha Green Tea makes for a great tasting banana ice cream (aka nice cream).

 

WHY HAS THIS IDEA NEVER OCCURRED TO ME! :o *determines to make nice cream in the near future*

 

3 hours ago, Athaclena said:

 For my London trip, I knocked "Having High Tea in London" off my bucket list :)

 

Haha! I did something similar when visiting Bristol, and was delighted to order an English Breakfast Tea and be able to leave the "English" off and just order Breakfast Tea. ;) (such a dork)

 

jSyODhx.jpg

 

4 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I should drink more tea - love the idea of requiring tea before snacks!

 

I know I struggle really hard with goals that involve cutting something out so I thought I would try rephrasing it in my mind as a replacement instead. Much less stressful. :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post

I've found a biscotti recipe with unanimous good reviews.  I haven't done the calorie calculations, but if I can get that calorie count to 120 or less, I am totally going to savor an afternoon (or afterwork) cup of Egyptian Chamomile with almond biscotti on a regular basis....

  • Like 2
Link to post

Week 0 Day 5 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading ✔ and meditation ✖ - (I passed out - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

- Chopping ✔ salad vegetables

- Brush and floss ✔

- Workout ✖ - visited one of my youth after work (she just got out of the hospital), stayed out too late and decided sleep was more important when I got back

 

Week 0 Day 6 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading and meditation ✔

- Chopping ✔ salad vegetables (husband is starting to hate salad, lol)

- Brush ✔ and floss ✖ - soooo tired

- Workout - none scheduled

* Was not feeling great when I got home after youth program, pretty sure I was getting sick.

 

Week 0 Day 7 (continuation of last challenge):

- Reading and meditation ✔

- Chopping - nothing to chop

- Brush and floss ✔

- Workout ✖ - Fever around 99-101 all day, no exercise, just sleeps.

 

So I start the challenge on the first day of shark week coming off of a fever... sure, I can handle this (I hope).

  • Like 1
Link to post

I think your goals look good and very doable. I especially like the one about just gathering information on what you eat so you can make decisions about what to change that is well informed. Hopefully you feel better soon and you are rocking those goals in no time.

Link to post
On 4/24/2017 at 9:52 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Hopefully you feel better soon and you are rocking those goals in no time.

 

On 4/24/2017 at 2:27 PM, Meushell said:

Fevers suck. Hope you feel better.

 

On 4/24/2017 at 7:03 PM, fleaball said:

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the push-up. 

 

Thanks guys! I do feel better, but it seems like it's going to be a slow recovery. Apparently this cold/flu took out 6 of the people at work and the original plague bearer hasn't been to work since Thursday :( poor fellow. I only took yesterday off, and made it through most of the day today (though by about 3 I was just googling random crap re: bucket lists and brainstorming how to do more things on my list because my brain was fried).

 

I have been tracking my foods and I did a 15 minute yoga routine yesterday. That is honestly all the energy I had, but I give myself effort points - I tried.

Today I did the BBWW but one round wiped me out. *pants* Sick recovery sucks. Again, I tried, so giving credit where credit is due.

The only hiccup so far was getting a biscuit out to have after my tea and then realizing that the biscuit was half gone and I hadn't touched my tea <_<. Lesson learned, don't even fish the potential snack out unless the tea is gone. 

  • Like 5
Link to post

I'm half home sick, half home with a sick kitty and mostly unmotivated and even though I'm supposed to be working (my boss was generous and let me work from home today), apparently I needed a break... or I've reached that 3pm era and I too am just not able to keep up so to the forums I turn. Your thread resonated with me so I don't really have anything to offer except moral support from afar. Tea is especially great when you're sick and I think I shall make a cup here very soon. I love the idea of making a cup of tea and then seeing if you still want a snack, I'll have to try that. I think it probably cuts off the boredom eating because it still provides a meaningful distraction, especially if you have a good routine for making your tea. Great idea. Must try. Hope you feel better!

  • Like 2
Link to post
13 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Thanks guys! I do feel better, but it seems like it's going to be a slow recovery. Apparently this cold/flu took out 6 of the people at work and the original plague bearer hasn't been to work since Thursday :( poor fellow. I only took yesterday off, and made it through most of the day today (though by about 3 I was just googling random crap re: bucket lists and brainstorming how to do more things on my list because my brain was fried).

 

I have been tracking my foods and I did a 15 minute yoga routine yesterday. That is honestly all the energy I had, but I give myself effort points - I tried.

Today I did the BBWW but one round wiped me out. *pants* Sick recovery sucks. Again, I tried, so giving credit where credit is due.

The only hiccup so far was getting a biscuit out to have after my tea and then realizing that the biscuit was half gone and I hadn't touched my tea <_<. Lesson learned, don't even fish the potential snack out unless the tea is gone. 

 

We had that bug hit our house at midterm for me. Youngest was down for a solid week and she didn't want a thing but cuddled. I mean seriously a week of her on my lap and nothing we could do to help. Hopefully your feeling better today although I am very impressed that you still managed to get through your BBWW and yoga. It sounds like whatever you have going around the office could of easily meant "And COUCH" after getting home. Great job doing something.

As far as the biscuit and tea, I would probably do the same thing. well, now you know its tea then get out food.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 4/26/2017 at 8:45 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

We had that bug hit our house at midterm for me. Youngest was down for a solid week and she didn't want a thing but cuddled.

:( I hope everyone is back on their feet now. It really takes it out of you, my head is still fuzzy.

 

Other than a cough, some snuffles, and the occasional brain fuzzies I am back in business. I'm also busy to the point of melt down, but tea is helping. Tea and lists. 0_0

 

I'm so glad I set up most of my tracking book for these 4 weeks or I would never track my food. As it is I have done so within reasonable approximations. I managed 2 real pushups in the BBWW today, and have kept the snacking away with tea. They shutdown the water in our building today though so I've been rationing the cold water in the fridge and haven't had tea tonight. Luckily I also haven't been hungry.

 

I'm also having a hard time meditating lately... I can't decide if the fuzzies cause the lack of focus, or if the fuzzies come from not meditating well, or if the fuzzies are because I have a cold/flu/whatever this thing is... I think I'll go to bed. :P

  • Like 2
Link to post
19 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

:( I hope everyone is back on their feet now. It really takes it out of you, my head is still fuzzy.

 

Other than a cough, some snuffles, and the occasional brain fuzzies I am back in business. I'm also busy to the point of melt down, but tea is helping. Tea and lists. 0_0

 

I'm so glad I set up most of my tracking book for these 4 weeks or I would never track my food. As it is I have done so within reasonable approximations. I managed 2 real pushups in the BBWW today, and have kept the snacking away with tea. They shutdown the water in our building today though so I've been rationing the cold water in the fridge and haven't had tea tonight. Luckily I also haven't been hungry.

 

I'm also having a hard time meditating lately... I can't decide if the fuzzies cause the lack of focus, or if the fuzzies come from not meditating well, or if the fuzzies are because I have a cold/flu/whatever this thing is... I think I'll go to bed. :P

 

We are okay now. but yeah, it took a us out for a week, and then another before we felt human. Hopefully yours does not take as long. It sounds like even with the fact that your not feeling well, your still doing pretty good on tracking your food and trying to meditate and do your BBWW. I know the last one will be the hardest since it requires you to want to move in the first place.

Be kind, remember that you are allowed ot be sick and feel better. Better to lose a full day now than be sick like this for a few more weeks trying to push though.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I really love your Death Knight-Theme and I like cats and enjoy tea as well. And I admire your awesome braveness in the face of the plague. Such things tends to throw me off the waggon quite fast.

 

The Lich King would be proud of you!

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 4/28/2017 at 5:03 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Be kind, remember that you are allowed ot be sick and feel better. Better to lose a full day now than be sick like this for a few more weeks trying to push though.

 

Yeah, I've been trying to take it easy, or at the very least forgive myself if I just can't.

 

On 4/29/2017 at 0:00 PM, Thura said:

I really love your Death Knight-Theme and I like cats and enjoy tea as well. And I admire your awesome braveness in the face of the plague. Such things tends to throw me off the waggon quite fast.

 

The Lich King would be proud of you!

 

Thanks! Err... I think? :P

 

So week 1 finished out, I tracked all days, read every night, meditated every night except last night (when I passed out after reading), I did the BBWW Thursday, didn't do it yesterday because I was too busy, but caught up on the missed one today (which is okay since Monday is technically a rest day). Today I did 2 rounds of the BBWW, which included one real push up each round! Huzzah! As for tea and snacks... I did really well until just now when I realised that I am snacking and I see no tea. *puts snacking on hold and goes to get a glass of tea*.

 

On the nerd side of things... my pathfinder group actually finished their campaign last night. (The poor DM didn't even get to have their villain monologue... our summoner summoned a hound archon before we knew she was a demon - being angelic, he attacked her on sight) 0_0 Cross finishing a pen and paper rpg campaign off my bucket list! Next campaign I will be the dungeon master (muahahahahahahahahaha), should be fun! :D

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
4 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

On the nerd side of things... my pathfinder group actually finished their campaign last night. (The poor DM didn't even get to have their villain monologue... our summoner summoned a hound archon before we knew she was a demon - being angelic, he attacked her on sight) 0_0 Cross finishing a pen and paper rpg campaign off my bucket list! Next campaign I will be the dungeon master (muahahahahahahahahaha), should be fun! :D

Sounds like something my group would do.  We're pretty infamous for breaking modules.

Want to see a DM lose their shit?  Let them spend hours and hours building a dungeon maze (complete with minotaurs) that should take us weeks to wade through.  At the start of the dungeon (since I'm kind of leading D&D n00bs through), I ask - search left or search right?  Blank stares.  Flip a coin.  Search right it is - then lead them through.  We went through the entire maze, skipping EVERY encounter - except the one where we surprised the minotaurs (because we found the secret door).  In one session.

Moral of the story?  If you spend a lot of time making a kick-ass maze, make sure a pure search right\left doesn't skip all of the encounters.

  • Like 5
Link to post
16 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

So week 1 finished out, I tracked all days, read every night, meditated every night except last night (when I passed out after reading), I did the BBWW Thursday, didn't do it yesterday because I was too busy, but caught up on the missed one today (which is okay since Monday is technically a rest day). Today I did 2 rounds of the BBWW, which included one real push up each round! Huzzah! As for tea and snacks... I did really well until just now when I realised that I am snacking and I see no tea. *puts snacking on hold and goes to get a glass of tea*.

 

The most important part of this, besides the fact that you are doing so well is that last sentence. You REALIZED you were snacking as opposed to not and then you have sneaky calories. Your doing great. Keep it up.

  • Like 3
Link to post

 OK, I caught up on your thread. Glad you are feeling better.  I hope what you have left doesn't linger too long.

 

On 4/30/2017 at 0:10 PM, Hymnusal said:

I did really well until just now when I realised that I am snacking and I see no tea. *puts snacking on hold and goes to get a glass of tea*.

 

Sounds like something I would do, but like @Bean Sidhe said, the important thing is, you caught yourself.

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 2017-04-30 at 8:49 PM, Athaclena said:

Moral of the story?  If you spend a lot of time making a kick-ass maze, make sure a pure search right\left doesn't skip all of the encounters.

Memo to self: Don't do this. (Thanks for the warning! I spend a lot of time frustrating my DM <Befriending mindless oozes (the ooze triple botched and couldn't resist us!), learning how to grow wings (when she said that I had to roll a 20 I did so), popping oak trees out of thin air to crush my foes>, so it would be just desserts for them to mess with me :P )
 

On 2017-05-01 at 8:52 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

The most important part of this, besides the fact that you are doing so well is that last sentence. You REALIZED you were snacking as opposed to not and then you have sneaky calories. Your doing great. Keep it up.

 

21 hours ago, Meushell said:

Sounds like something I would do, but like @Bean Sidhe said, the important thing is, you caught yourself.

I hope you guys are right. The snacking at work has definitely been reigned in by this challenge since I don't have time to code, drink, and munch. The evenings are much harder.

 

> Still keeping up with my tracking. The data so far has been rather surprising to me, I thought I ate way more vegetables than I do. Poor veggies are going to need some love in future challenges.
> Did the BBWW last night. Warm up was a silly session of trying to recreate the racial dances from World of Warcraft which was almost more tiring than the workout.
> Snacking is messing with my head this week. For some reason I wanted chocolate so bad that I chugged tea just so I could have it, I wasn't even hungry, I was just stressed out. I don't even know what I'm stressed out about. Clutter maybe? Need to think on this.

> Reading and meditating still going strong, but hard to do on late nights. Found a way to do them without disturbing the hubby if he is already in bed, so hopefully this will keep up.

> Sardines. Ah sardines, we still need to work through some issues, but I think we can be friends. Maybe. Pretty much stared at the can for 20 minutes before I convinced myself to open it. I made sure to eat some ribs and spine (since that's what I'm squeamish about). It's more filling than I thought it would be so I only managed to eat half the can, but stopped because I was full, not because I couldn't stomach it. I packed the rest up to maybe make into some kind of mushy bread spread. I could see it making okay sandwiches, but I'm not sure that I'm over the nervousness of the bones yet. I guess I need to eat it more frequently and get used to it. Still I did what I set out to do!

Fishes nommed! ✔

vihSNog.jpgrFQkco4.jpgdegN8Cj.jpg

If I keep going at the current rate I'll have quite a few Adventure List items ticked off by the end of the challenge (or maybe it is all just coincidence).

590a171cdf942_Screenshotfrom2017-05-0213-12-21.png.c0df3b99115629b3d78fa1fac1955e23.png

590a171f81b67_Screenshotfrom2017-05-0213-15-50.png.e8eaa4a2d9031a0058773b300cd49b6b.png

 

> Finally, re last challenge's brushing and flossing habit: April looks pretty good! I only got 1 small sticker one day for just brushing, but I had the flu and that was all the energy I could muster for my teeth. Huzzah habits that stick! I have unicorn stickers now also so this is just going to get more whimsical. Unicorns + stormtroopers = awesome.

2vqVW3J.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
18 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

> Still keeping up with my tracking. The data so far has been rather surprising to me, I thought I ate way more vegetables than I do. Poor veggies are going to need some love in future challenges.

> Did the BBWW last night. Warm up was a silly session of trying to recreate the racial dances from World of Warcraft which was almost more tiring than the workout.
> Snacking is messing with my head this week. For some reason I wanted chocolate so bad that I chugged tea just so I could have it, I wasn't even hungry, I was just stressed out. I don't even know what I'm stressed out about. Clutter maybe? Need to think on this.

> Reading and meditating still going strong, but hard to do on late nights. Found a way to do them without disturbing the hubby if he is already in bed, so hopefully this will keep up.

> Sardines. Ah sardines, we still need to work through some issues, but I think we can be friends. Maybe. Pretty much stared at the can for 20 minutes before I convinced myself to open it. I made sure to eat some ribs and spine (since that's what I'm squeamish about). It's more filling than I thought it would be so I only managed to eat half the can, but stopped because I was full, not because I couldn't stomach it. I packed the rest up to maybe make into some kind of mushy bread spread. I could see it making okay sandwiches, but I'm not sure that I'm over the nervousness of the bones yet. I guess I need to eat it more frequently and get used to it. Still I did what I set out to do!

Fishes nommed! ✔

 

If I keep going at the current rate I'll have quite a few Adventure List items ticked off by the end of the challenge (or maybe it is all just coincidence).

590a171cdf942_Screenshotfrom2017-05-0213-12-21.png.c0df3b99115629b3d78fa1fac1955e23.png

590a171f81b67_Screenshotfrom2017-05-0213-15-50.png.e8eaa4a2d9031a0058773b300cd49b6b.png

 

> Finally, re last challenge's brushing and flossing habit: April looks pretty good! I only got 1 small sticker one day for just brushing, but I had the flu and that was all the energy I could muster for my teeth. Huzzah habits that stick! I have unicorn stickers now also so this is just going to get more whimsical. Unicorns + stormtroopers = awesome.

 

 

Okay, first I love your sticker chart. I think unicorns and storm trooper go together perfectly.

I am glad you are seeing trends in the food department. Hopefully the changes will be easy to make.

 

On the BBWW, where did you find the dances? I am curious now what these look like since I don't do WarCraft.

I am very in awe here that you did the sardine thing. Good job. Honestly I am not sure I could since I have a problem with my food having eyes. It freaks me out. And really, I can't do bones I can identify because all the sudden I get guilt ridden and then I stop eating. I am glad your finding it as a maybe. Maybe give it another try and see if you could do it regularly.

Great job on getting things crossed off your list. I think it is awesome you have something that planned out.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...