• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Hymnusal

[CAT TAKEOVER] Hymnusal has purrrfect teatimes

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

On the BBWW, where did you find the dances? I am curious now what these look like since I don't do WarCraft.

 

I'm pretty sure most of the dances are based on real dances that people have done (my husband thinks one is Justin Timberlake for example, and another is the macarena).

 

 

The female dances aren't that hard, but some of the male ones are ridiculous (no, I can't do the troll [the skinny ones with tusks] one ... yet :P )

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

 

I'm pretty sure most of the dances are based on real dances that people have done (my husband thinks one is Justin Timberlake for example, and another is the macarena).

 

The female dances aren't that hard, but some of the male ones are ridiculous (no, I can't do the troll [the skinny ones with tusks] one ... yet :P )

 

 

OMG.. I am so going to watch this when I get home. I could see it being a good workout however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are still going pretty good. Hubby skipped the BBWW yesterday because he was too tired from helping me and the youth group bake (which is amusing to me since he mostly just stood around and sampled the product, but okie... :P ), I endured and finished one round. Still need to find time to do yoga this week - although some of my cool downs have been rather long yoga stretches, I don't think they can count...
Food tracking continues to reveal the shocking lack of vegetables. I thought I was way better than that... no wonder the Lbs haven't budged in a long time (been hanging out around 150-155Lbs for about 2 years now after dropping from 180Lbs to 140Lbs in 2012 and slowly sliding back up to 160Lbs by 2014 and dropping 5-10Lbs for my wedding in 2015). On the other hand I've been feeling a little better lately and it is strongly correlated with days when I do eat lots of vegetables. I've GOT to make them a priority next challenge if I want to see my mental fog / periodic anxiety attacks go away.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Things are still going pretty good. Hubby skipped the BBWW yesterday because he was too tired from helping me and the youth group bake (which is amusing to me since he mostly just stood around and sampled the product, but okie... :P ), I endured and finished one round. Still need to find time to do yoga this week - although some of my cool downs have been rather long yoga stretches, I don't think they can count...
Food tracking continues to reveal the shocking lack of vegetables. I thought I was way better than that... no wonder the Lbs haven't budged in a long time (been hanging out around 150-155Lbs for about 2 years now after dropping from 180Lbs to 140Lbs in 2012 and slowly sliding back up to 160Lbs by 2014 and dropping 5-10Lbs for my wedding in 2015). On the other hand I've been feeling a little better lately and it is strongly correlated with days when I do eat lots of vegetables. I've GOT to make them a priority next challenge if I want to see my mental fog / periodic anxiety attacks go away.

 

I have noticed if I don't get my vegetables I am the same way. Hopefully they will be easy to add in.

Great job getting the BBWW done even if Hubby wasn't feeling it. I know I have had a couple of days where I decide to keep going and Hubby is all "Hey look, something else."

Your doing great. Keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AhhhhhhhH! Weekends, when will you calm down?!?!?

Sooooooo some things slipped on the weekend due to exhaustion/no access to good things (There was a fundraiser bake sale for my youth group, I stayed up really late one night packing baked goods for the sale, stayed up really late the next night going to a musical that one of my youth kids were in, etc.) Next weekend looks even better (sarcasm) since I'm doing a road trip with my youth (who I love to death, but who are not a particularly healthy bunch and like not sleeping on said trips). Just need to remain calm, get through this horridly busy week, and then I will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel (summer break from youth group).

What did go wellish?:

  • Hubby and I recovered the missed BBWW from Saturday on Sunday.
  • I tracked my foods (no matter how bad they were).
  • I tried to do my reading and meditation, but usually fell asleep on my book...
  • I drank tea and did use it as a pre-snack barrier
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 7:10 AM, Hymnusal said:

AhhhhhhhH! Weekends, when will you calm down?!?!?

Sooooooo some things slipped on the weekend due to exhaustion/no access to good things (There was a fundraiser bake sale for my youth group, I stayed up really late one night packing baked goods for the sale, stayed up really late the next night going to a musical that one of my youth kids were in, etc.) Next weekend looks even better (sarcasm) since I'm doing a road trip with my youth (who I love to death, but who are not a particularly healthy bunch and like not sleeping on said trips). Just need to remain calm, get through this horridly busy week, and then I will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel (summer break from youth group).

What did go wellish?:

  • Hubby and I recovered the missed BBWW from Saturday on Sunday.
  • I tracked my foods (no matter how bad they were).
  • I tried to do my reading and meditation, but usually fell asleep on my book...
  • I drank tea and did use it as a pre-snack barrier

 

Oh. how I understand the weekend problem all so well. They start out with good intentions... and then life hits. 

 

It sounds like you did really well considering how crazy the weekend was. And remember, you are not grading yourself on the food right now, just the recording of it. And great job making up the missed BBWW. Hopefully this week is slowing down some.. hopefully

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then all of the feels hit.

giphy.gif

 

So long story short, one of my friends told me that one of the kids in our youth group tried to commit suicide. This turns out to be only half true (and I wondered if it was since people in that grape vine like exaggeration), but she did end up in the hospital for the night because she didn't know how to deal with her depression and anxiety over a bully from school essentially messaging her to "go kill herself" over social media. She's worked it out with a therapist, and has been allotted more counseling hours to help her, so that is good.
This is all really hard for me because I love all of those kids I work with, but I know that I'm not qualified to help them, and I want them all to know how amazing and valuable they are. *sigh* So this has wreaked havoc on my mood and topped with the INSANE volume of meetings I've had this week I'm just barely hanging in there.

 

Food tracking is still happening, so that's good.

BBWW was missed on Tuesday. By the time I got out of my last meeting it was after 9:30 and I just wanted to go to bed. I didn't recover it yesterday either because of the exact same story re: meetings. I'm just going to call it a wash and pick up again today with the regularly scheduled one.

Tea has been really helpful. I've been fluxing between a want to binge because I'm upset, or not eat anything because I'm upset, but tea is okay no matter the mood and is preventing the binge at least.

On 2017-05-08 at 9:10 AM, Hymnusal said:

I tried to do my reading and meditation, but usually fell asleep on my book...

And this is still happening. I am literally exhaustion crashing. I'm counting the effort as a yes towards reading, but a no towards meditation (since I've generally passed out before I would get to it).

 

Tonight may be my only chance at sleep before I take a group of youth kids to a weekend long rally a city about 1.5 hours away (aka, haha sucker, you aren't sleeping that night!). Next week there are no meetings planned (except for the usual Monday one), yay! Sleep might happen!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about that girl. :( bullies suck. And I totally get the wanting to help but not being able to. It's so frustrating. 

 

I hope you manage some slepe before the chaos hits!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

And then all of the feels hit.

giphy.gif

 

So long story short, one of my friends told me that one of the kids in our youth group tried to commit suicide. This turns out to be only half true (and I wondered if it was since people in that grape vine like exaggeration), but she did end up in the hospital for the night because she didn't know how to deal with her depression and anxiety over a bully from school essentially messaging her to "go kill herself" over social media. She's worked it out with a therapist, and has been allotted more counseling hours to help her, so that is good.
This is all really hard for me because I love all of those kids I work with, but I know that I'm not qualified to help them, and I want them all to know how amazing and valuable they are. *sigh* So this has wreaked havoc on my mood and topped with the INSANE volume of meetings I've had this week I'm just barely hanging in there.

 

Food tracking is still happening, so that's good.

BBWW was missed on Tuesday. By the time I got out of my last meeting it was after 9:30 and I just wanted to go to bed. I didn't recover it yesterday either because of the exact same story re: meetings. I'm just going to call it a wash and pick up again today with the regularly scheduled one.

Tea has been really helpful. I've been fluxing between a want to binge because I'm upset, or not eat anything because I'm upset, but tea is okay no matter the mood and is preventing the binge at least.

And this is still happening. I am literally exhaustion crashing. I'm counting the effort as a yes towards reading, but a no towards meditation (since I've generally passed out before I would get to it).

 

Tonight may be my only chance at sleep before I take a group of youth kids to a weekend long rally a city about 1.5 hours away (aka, haha sucker, you aren't sleeping that night!). Next week there are no meetings planned (except for the usual Monday one), yay! Sleep might happen!



I am sorry to hear about the kid from your youth group. I keep telling my kids that other kids are jerks, but really they can be so much worse. As someone who watches at least one of her kids fight this fight, its nice to know other people care too. I know we have struggled with people telling him to "toughen up".

Good luck on your weekend trip and make sure your taking care of you. Your no good to those kids if your not getting at leas some sleep.

Otherwise, it sounds like your doing fairly well so keep it up.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

 

Okay, I think the big scary hurdles are past. And I'm starting to regain some momentum here. Stuck to the tea rule. Fit the BBWW in, barely. Failed to find time for yoga. Tracked all of the Food and Unidentified Food-like Objects. Read, but failed to stay awake for the mediate again. Some insomniac out there must hate me -_- but I just can't seem to stay awake. Maybe I'll catch up on sleep soon :P

 

The girl I mentioned last time had a really good week this past week. She confronted some of the social media issues and has decided to start blocking hateful people. It was super important that she decide this on her own and I was surprised she made the decision so quickly. She ended a friendship with some toxic people, and she even felt good enough to go on the trip with us. We kept an emergency make-up kit around for when tears ruined the mascara, but she did really good - only to need to go home and to the hospital for an infection in her pinky (which she had previously had surgery on). Curse you pinky finger infection! Very proud of the progress she's made though. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

Okay, I think the big scary hurdles are past. And I'm starting to regain some momentum here. Stuck to the tea rule. Fit the BBWW in, barely. Failed to find time for yoga. Tracked all of the Food and Unidentified Food-like Objects. Read, but failed to stay awake for the mediate again. Some insomniac out there must hate me -_- but I just can't seem to stay awake. Maybe I'll catch up on sleep soon :P

 

The girl I mentioned last time had a really good week this past week. She confronted some of the social media issues and has decided to start blocking hateful people. It was super important that she decide this on her own and I was surprised she made the decision so quickly. She ended a friendship with some toxic people, and she even felt good enough to go on the trip with us. We kept an emergency make-up kit around for when tears ruined the mascara, but she did really good - only to need to go home and to the hospital for an infection in her pinky (which she had previously had surgery on). Curse you pinky finger infection! Very proud of the progress she's made though. :)


First off, I am glad your student is doing so much better. Hopefully she continues to do well and the pinky finger learns to behave and not mess around with bacteria.

You are doing great. I don't know what it is either but I have been having similar problems of just collapsing exhausted every night before I finish everything. I hope you finally get a chance to rest and sleep soon and keep up the good work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RETROSPECTIVE

 

Tea = 32/37 = 86.4 % - PASS

The tea habit got definitively more solid towards the end of the challenge such that the only time I snacked without vetting through tea first was when there was no tea around (road trip)

Complete?: This goal is complete for now. I'll monitor it like the flossing, but I think it will stick.

Food tracking = 28/28 = 100% - PASS

Not judging myself here was kind of hard, and now that I do get to judge myself I have a lot of data to go through. I eat A LOT more sweets than I thought I did and A LOT fewer vegetables than I thought I did. The point was to get the data, so I did succeed at this, and have a lot of work to do now to decide HOW to break these habits that I see.

Complete?: This goal is complete.

Fitness = 81.3/100 = 81.3% - PASS (BBWW = 68.8/75, Yoga = 12.5/25)

The point was to maintain, and I did that well with 91.7% on BBWW, but the addition of Yoga was poorly done on my part. I would have been better off adding it to the end or beginning of a BBWW when I'm already moving rather than trying to squeeze in one more day of workouts that I don't have time for.

Complete?: This goal will continue, tweaked to be with BBWW not separated from it.

Reading and Mediation: 40/56 = 71.4% - FAIL

This was not for lack of trying, I got all but one reading started, but lost a lot of meditation to sleeping. I know what to do to fix this, but it's kind of hard to sort it out since my husband wants to go to bed, so I've been using an audio bible to let him turn the lights out. Seems I need to read it with my eyes to really stay awake long enough to do this.

Complete?: This goal will continue, and I will be considering options to make it work.

Sardines! - PASS (bonus)

Meow.

Complete?: Complete

 

So I guess I would be a level 2 and 3/4 after this challenge. I'm not going to count the Sardines for anything since they were a bonus. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, just catching up on your posts. Sorry to hear about your student. It's really horrible when people exaggerate on important issues. I think at that point, they must not know what they are doing. I know a couple people like that, and that's what I tell myself anyway. I'm glad she's doing well.

 

I just noticed your adventure list included eating an insect. The "intentionally" bit made me laugh. :)

 

Overall, you did well. I'm sure you will get it all next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.