Snickie survives finals (hopefully) and graduates

Snickie

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Gonna tame some monkeys so I can catch back up in my classes, ace the finals, ace my scale jury, graduate, and figure out what I'm going to do with my life!

• Like 3

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Well I have an idea for what I want to do now (it's more than an idea, but anyway), but actually doing the things that I need to do to get there is another matter entirely... one of the unfortunate things is that right now I'm using updating this thread as an excuse to not work on one of those things - finishing my biology paper which is already two weeks overdue.

On that note, I found out that I can add almost any kind of fruit/vegetable to my frozen cherry and orange combo and it will still be thin enough that I don't have to use juice in my smoothies. Win!

• Like 1

Three weeks now.... >>

All that's really left are the introduction, graph interpretation, and conclusion (and citations but I do those as I go).  Problem is the introduction actually requires me to do research which is why I've put it off for so long and continue to do so now......

Spanish is in a good place. I've written and edited and proofed my speech and now I just have to practice and memorize it.

Clarinet Literature paper is zilch.  Zero.  Zip. Zebras.  That's due on Wednesday.  I also need to expand my program notes - they're supposed to be like 3-4 pages per piece... Draeseke will be fine.  It's everything else. o.o

My bio paper comes first though, since I'm teetering at the edge of a letter grade there and if the professor is nice enough to give me any points on it I'll be that much closer to solidifying a B for that class.

I'm doing random exercises here and there for the mini.  I can do push-ups again so that's fun, even though it's just making my posture worse since my pecs are tight and my shoulders rest forward already. >> All the shoulder stretches in the world haven't helped either, though I'm pretty (really) inconsistent about doing them so....

Oh. Got a 98.6 on my scale jury.  That's yay.  Just the orchestra concert tomorrow night and I am officially done playing clarinet here unless I get an unexpected gig or something.

Just dropped a ton of money on an emergency vet visit so I'm trying to help by living almost ramen noodle diet - BOGO pasta (ily Publix), eating the three bags of rice already in my pantry, and BOGO oatmeal.  And maybe a fruit smoothie?

• Like 1

So busy! But so accomplishments! I want to give you encouragement, but it sounds like you already have got this. 

But I'm gonna encourage you anyway: YOU GOOOOOOO! :D

• Like 1

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

21 hours ago, Snickie said:

And maybe a fruit smoothie?

Always pro Fruit Smoothie. :D

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Pulse is climbing again - must be time for some more RED MEAT!

I may also have to start adding spinach to my smoothies again, which sucks because spinach wilts fast in my fridge.

8 hours ago, Snickie said:

Pulse is climbing again - must be time for some more RED MEAT!

It's always time for red meat. ;) 

I may also have to start adding spinach to my smoothies again, which sucks because spinach wilts fast in my fridge.

Would you consider frozen spinach? That way you can keep a baggie in your freezer and it helps make the smoothie cold.

• Like 2

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

1 hour ago, otterbyte said:

Would you consider frozen spinach? That way you can keep a baggie in your freezer and it helps make the smoothie cold.

I used to use frozen spinach until there was a recall for like 2 years supply of frozen spinach for some terrible disease and now I can't find it anywhere. Now I use frozen cherries, sometimes other frozen fruit.  But since I use a NutriBullet and the blender thing becomes my drinking cup, I tend to use fresher ingredients because I can pack them into the cup.  I have an actual blender but... you know. XD

When I buy fresh spinach I have to eat a smoothie every day which is nice and healthy but also gets boring really fast.  It might help if I change up the recipe every day but I'm having trouble finding combinations other than frozen cherries and oranges (and one or two other things) that gets the consistency I like without having to add water/juice/coconut milk.  Frozen blueberries work pretty well most of the time but I don't like them very much so I don't eat them a lot.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 8:28 AM, Snickie said:

Frozen blueberries work pretty well most of the time but I don't like them very much so I don't eat them a lot.

Heathen. :) What about other tropical fruits? There's usually frozen mango and pineapple in the freezer section, and they pack a heck of a flavor punch. Grats on your scale jury, and I hope the concert went well. I hear you on procrastinating - I've been "working" on a simple, probably 2-page report for the past three weeks that just doesn't interest me much. I know if I sit down and get it over with, I'll be much happier but it's hard to find the motivation. Hang in there! So close to done!

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

@Manarelle Frozen mangos seem to not be juicy enough for me to use them in place of frozen cherries so usually when I use those I do half mango and half cherries.  I've yet to see frozen pineapple here and cutting up a fresh one yields more fruit than I can eat before it rots, but maybe if I freeze it.... hmmm.

It might also have to do with how I load the cup though.  For example I tend to put the frozen stuff at the top (bottom of the cup, which gets turned over and becomes the top of the blender) and try to put some of the juicier things at the bottom and that works fine for cherries and blueberries but those are also shaped differently.  Loading mango closer to the bottom might help it blend... though I don't know about overall texture since that tends to be pretty thick anyway.

In other news, CLA paper is going surprisingly well.  It's due tomorrow but I might be able to finish it tonight.

• Like 1

Averagers,

Hear my plea!  Without an effort from the Whole team, we are not Wholly Averagers, but Some Averagers.  I'd settle for Mostly Averagers; however, I know we can pull together and be the best team in this Mini!  Ramp up the effort! 

• Like 1

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

How did the paper go? One step closer to done! Hang in there!

Well the paper was part of a larger binder that was due on Wednesday.  I finished the paper but I didn't have time to expand my program notes and I also didn't have a listening log (on the one semester she actually checks for one >> ).  So overall B+.

Started watching Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix.  Since I'm not worried about finals being hard, I can binge-watch it with only a moderate amount of shame.  I'm going to try to work it into my challenge though - push-ups or squats during the opening and end credits of every episode.  Greasing the groove.  Productivity!

One more thing - Steven Bomb 6 went on YouTube and I watched it this morning and OH MY GOD. SCREAMING AND FLAILING.

But I'll have to save that for later because my friends are taking me out for something this afternoon.

I MADE THE DEAN'S LIST.

HOORAH.

B+ in Bio, As in everything else.

Earned 3.8 this semester to close out my time as an undergrad here.  Final undergrad GPA is 3.2 which, considering I had 3 bad semesters (GPAs in the 2s) is pretty darn good. :D Graduation is on Saturday at *sigh* 8am.  All that's left really is to decorate my cap (what to do, what to do...?) and walk. \o/

How is it supposed to hit me that I'm graduating?  I'm expecting like this big emotional teary moment when it hits me that I'm never coming back here as a student but I'm pretty meh toward the idea.  Like I'm just off for summer just like every year, which I'm kind of dreading since I'm always so useless and lazy when I'm on any kind of extended break.  I'm under no illusion that I'll be back in the fall of course and that's probably when it'll hit me for real.  My mom texts me like, "Omg you're graduating, it took me nearly 30 years to do that and you finished in just 4, wow wow wow wow cry.  Has it hit you yet?  Has it?  Has it?  Has it?"

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 8:22 AM, Snickie said:

I MADE THE DEAN'S LIST.

HOORAH.

Woot! Congrats! And very much congratulations on graduating! As far as the "when will it hit that you're graduating," that depends on your plans. If your entire goal was to make it to graduation, then yeah, it'll be a big deal. If you have plans past that, and it's just another step in that direction, there probably won't be a big emotional hit. 

Did you end up walking for graduation? I avoided both of mine, not a big pomp and ceremony fan. I know you're probably sick of this question but... what's next? Definitely take some time to recognize your accomplishments, though. You did it!

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current