Hi all! 

I dont know if there are any other rebels signing in from Italy but here is at least one... ciao! 

I'm trying to get back on track, actually I'm trying to get better than I ever was before. I've been a runner for a while but have slacked off recently... my diet was never great and it showed in my performance and energy levels. 

I finally ditched the desk job I hated and am teaching and translating freelance. Psychologically speaking I'm in a much better place than I have been in the past to make some serious changes to my lifestyle. My aims are to bring my distance back up to marathon level (I had almost hit the distance before I threw in the towel before) and lower my times on the 5 and 10ks. To do so, I need to lose fat and gain muscle so I'm hitting the gym a couple of times a week and going as paleo as possible (pizza once a month is simpler unavoidable here)... keep your fingers crossed for me and if anyone is on a similar journey or has completed one please let me know, I'd love to hear from you!

ciao for now

la scozzese

• Like 1

From one newbie to another, just wanted to say hi and wish you luck on your quest, brave step ditching your job and jumping into freelance, fingers are crossed! I'm also going as paleo-ish as possible and am so far enjoying the change (so many new recipes to try). I'm also just beginning strength training, totally new experience and a little confusing but luckily there's a ton of good advice on here to tap into! Once again good luck!

Ciao for now

Veleda

Thanks and good luck to you as well! I'm wanting to get fit of course and lose about 20 pounds... I'm getting married in August so am hoping to get as much off as possible by then. I'm so much happier and healthier with my job now it's unreal, I'm not as well off financially but we are managing, and I've only just started so all in all things are looking good 

I'm not Italian, but I happen to find myself in Italy at the moment. Ciao (that's about the extent of my Italian).

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)