Flemm's rebooted reboot

Good morning all,

I feel like I have pressed the reboot button so many times that there should be a dent in the button.  I've really let my health and fitness slide over the past year.  I'm hoping to use this challenge as a springboard to get things back on track.  My goals are very basic but should give me a good start.

Health Related:

1. Replace the starch at one meal with an extra vegetable
  2. Replace one snack a day with a vegetable.
  3. Walk the dogs for 30 minutes every day. 

Life Related:

1. Spend 15 minutes a day in prayer and Bible reading.

I'll try to update this post at least every other day.  My ADHD doesn't always play nice with message boards and I don't want to sabotage myself.

• Like 2
On 4/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, Flemming Underhill said:

I feel like I have pressed the reboot button so many times that there should be a dent in the button.

Or, maybe you're just stuck in a time loop. There may be an ancient alien artifact somewhere that you need to destroy to escape.

Looks like good, practical goals!

• Like 1

So your reboot button is a little worn down - it happens to the best of us!

Love that you have set your challenge up to be basic, but achievable AND setting yourself up to do even better going forward!

Checking in here is less important than staying consistent, so all is well with this! I'll check in occasionally to see how you are doing!

• Like 1

Good morning all,

Here I am 2 days into this challenge and I have to say that I'm happy with my results so far. 

Sunday:

• I hit both of my eating goals that day.  I even skipped the baked potato at dinner and had an extra helping of veggies with my steak.
  • Myself, my fiancee, and the dogs got a nice walk in.
  • Unfortunately, I did not get into the Word at all.

Monday:

• My afternoon snack was a couple of pickle spears.  I think pickles will make a nice replacement snack for chips and pretzels.
  • Even though we ate out I again replaced a baked potato with an extra veggie.
  • I made up for skipping church and Bible reading today.  I was in my Step Study for an hour, then at CR for almost 3 hours, then spend time in the Word at home.
  • Monday's are a very long day for me.  I think I'll need to move my walk to the mornings.  There just may not be time after work.
  • Like 1

Greeting fellow Nerds!

The last 3 days have been OK...not great but OK.

I'm doing good with replacing a starch with a veggie.  Although Wednesday I did have pasta but added a double service of veggies as well as the pasta.  I just realized that I ate no veggies yesterday which has me very bummed.

It seems that the veggie snack is the hardest.  I need to so shopping and stock up on snackable options.

The one part I'm doing well on is my Prayer and bible reading.  My only issue has been waiting too late in the day.  I need to start earlier in the evening.

• Like 2

Good morning all,

Last week sucked.  That's the best way to put it.  I'm going to use this post to open up about something that I still don't feel comfortable talking about IRL.

I am in Recovery for a sexual addiction.  This is something that has been a part of my life since my teens.  It played a huge part in the death my marriage and is something that I've only been seriously working on since August.  At that time my fiancee (then girlfriend) and I found Celebrate Recovery.  CR is a Christian based 12-Step Program that aims to help with a variety of life issues (not just addiction).  Together we have been working on our issues.

For the most part, it's been a good 10 months, I've struggled, but there were more successes that failures.  Until last week.  Early last week I fell off the wagon big time and the feelings of shame and guilt afterward completely derailed my goals.  I respawned yesterday with a focus on my Life Goal.  I need to be in God so that my addiction cannot defeat me. I did walk the dogs last night and even added a weighted backpack for more of a workout.  I purposely ignored my food goals but was intentional about making batter choices than I had last week.

Thanks for listening to anyone who reads this.  The guys in my Sexual integrity group often joke that it's cool to be a recovering alcoholic but someone in out situation still has to hide our recovery.  It feels good to talk about it in any way.

Have a great day! 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! 

28 minutes ago, Flemming Underhill said:

Thanks for listening to anyone who reads this.  The guys in my Sexual integrity group often joke that it's cool to be a recovering alcoholic but someone in out situation still has to hide our recovery.  It feels good to talk about it in any way.

I'm glad you guys are able to joke about it like that! I can totally see how that would be true. 

Onward and upward from here! Relapses are just speed bumps along the way!