• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

elizevdmerwe - Not quite the Bear Grylls' way

tumblr_no4k66MZge1urd0eno1_500.jpg

Ok, ok, we're not going to be quite up to his level of shenanigans out in the wild, but we'll hopefully be exploring some unfamiliar terrain. We'll be trying out this geocaching-thing. The "we" are again, the boys and I, as I try to up their activity level this challenge round. Due to my choice to take over the gardening the last month and a bit, I haven't had time to really get out there walking or playing or just get out with them that much. With geocaching, we'll be looking for that cache or "treasure" which should be fun, or at least adventurous.

HEALTH : DAILY

• Water/Tea
  • Food (the boys and I)
  • Sleep
  • Bible Study

The boys don't have a problem drinking a lot of water. I need to drink at least 1x bottle of water, preferably some rooibos during the day as well.

I'll be tracking our food. Mine is more serious, to establish a maintenance level where I can function normally while still doing gardening, some strength, walking, etc.

Sleep is usually a struggle. R5 for me, and R2 each for the boys for each night we manage to go to bed on time! Me: 22h00 - Boys: 21h00

WORK : WEEKLY

4079190857.jpg

The Must Do's Every Week

• Gardening: Mowing OR pruning OR weeding OR planting (1-2x/week)
  • My Strength Circuit (1x/week)
  • Geocaching (1x/week)
  • Dry Fire Drills (1x/week)

Rocco does Playball, and may join the jnr soccer team. We'll see. Adam walks with me while Rocco does Playball.

I need to get them a bit more active, since we've all gotten a bit lax since I took over the garden work.

That is why I decided to introduce geocaching to them. (All thanks goes to @Elastigirl for all the ups and downs we might encounter :panda: )

Seriously, it sounds like the right kind of thing for us: not too much wild, some adventure and looking for "treasure"!

If the boys help me in the garden, I'll pay them R10 each/day.

When we all go on a geocache (successful or not), we each earn R10.

If they do any of the active XBox Kinect games, or play by themselves/together outside for 30min. and more, I'll pay them R5 each.

TO DO LIST:

the-island-pic-2-euroconnection-south-af

The Must Do's During the Challenge

• Finances: Update spreadsheet - March - April
  • Proof Reading: +- 1hr = 1x session (not the whole book at once, which is 400+ pages)
  • Update telephone and birthdays books
  • Sewing: block out filter covers - slippers - fix Serenity's seat
  • Other things that pop up - they usually do

I'll give myself R10 for every month of finances I update. Yeah, I suck at keeping up to date on finances.

Wanna Do's During the Challenge

• Camp in the garden with the boys, even for half a night's sleep under the stars (ok, tent or shelter will be preferable)
  • Chop some fire wood
  • Climb high up on the ladder to pick some avo's (mil would be very happy)
  • EDIT: Added
  • Learn some rope knots
  • Look at the stars (search for known constellations)

I'll give myself R10 for everything I manage to do on this list.

Edited by elizevdmerwe
fix spelling
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

First to follow! Love the theme.

Woot! Woot! You get the best spot around the camp fire.

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yay geocaching! I love that first gif

I felt a bit like Chuck Norris posting it :D, but really, SA's love their wild camping.

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Oh following! Love the theme!

We'll probably experience a watered-down version, but Bear rules! :P

• Like 3

Hi Elize! This is a great looking challenge and I'm happy to see Elizevdmerwe vs Wild. Bear is cool and all, but you have to routinely battle angry monkeys on leisurely strolls....you've been a badass in the making for quite some time now ;) 

Wolf

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Hi Elize! This is a great looking challenge and I'm happy to see Elizevdmerwe vs Wild. Bear is cool and all, but you have to routinely battle angry monkeys on leisurely strolls....you've been a badass in the making for quite some time now ;) 

Wolf

Wolfy! I was wondering just this past weekend how you're doing and told myself "Myself, you have to check up on the guy!" Unfortunately myself is a bit behind at the moment, trying to catch up on everything.

Aww, thanks Wolf. Nice to know I'm a badass in the making :D I was almost in a fight with them monkeys on Wednesday. One tried to get close to my very bright pink water bottle while I mowed the lawn. Luckily the noise of the machine scared it away. I was contemplating throwing avo's at it but scared he'd start throwing back and have better aim than me :P

I was also cross because someone had thrown small pieces of concrete on our lawn, and I of course managed to hit it with the lawn mower, bent the blade a bit and now it sings to me. Also the bits that flew out the back hit my thigh very hard. Broke the skin through my pants, but nothing serious. Neither Brandt or the boys are apparently guilty of throwing the small pieces (about palm size) of concrete there, so either the monkeys were throwing it at themselves, or the neighbours on the one side did it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My final kcal(g) food numbers (using this Macro Calculator) to be tracking this challenge:

• Protein: 106g (424kcal)
    • Relatively easy to reach. At the moment I'm either just over, or under.
  • netCarbs: 35g (140kcal)
    • On a normal day it's easy to stay around 30g, when I eat what I normally eat. Including cream or milk in my coffee/tea.
  • Fat: 127g (1143kcal)
    • Again on a normal day, I manage to come close. For two days, in the evening I added a bit of fat (nut butter) before going to bed, to get closer to this target.
  • kCal: 1700

My numbers for yesterday:

• Protein: 86.9g - a little low, but that was because of the Hot Cross Bun and thick home made butter.
  • netCarbs: 70.5g - double, because of H.C.B.
  • Fat: 140.55g - over a lot. Couldn't eat more protein (just didn't feel like it), but I had a bit more cream and butter in my coffee, and butter on the bun, and cream with the small cup of berries.

In the last couple of days I've come down from 86.6kg to 84.?kg 2kg! I'll measure and way again on (Saturday or) Sunday for consistency.

I'm just checking the boys' numbers so that they see how it influences the numbers. Both have lost a little weight as well, which for Rocco is very good. But I'm going to try not to stress about the numbers. Please remind me not to stress about their numbers - to focus for them, on healthy eating and being active.

Oops! Was reminded that the Earth Day Exhibition is on this morning at the Botanical Gardens. A lot of the schools attended yesterday, and they invited us home schoolers today (less other children there supposedly). Better run, and get there. Then off to town to buy Adam a new pair of tekkies (running shoes).

Also made a decision w.r.t. our anniversary next week - and everything that is happening all around that day and that weekend. Will chat later.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I was almost in a fight with them monkeys on Wednesday.

Whenever you nonchalantly say things like this it makes me realise that I really do need to come see SA sooner rather than later :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Whenever you nonchalantly say things like this it makes me realise that I really do need to come see SA sooner rather than later :) 

You're always welcome!

It is just a fact of life. If you live in certain areas in South Africa, you are going to have vervets on your property, whether you like it or not. Their especially a nuisance when you camp close to (eastern) coastal areas. Down in the Western Cape province (and some places in Kruger National Park) the baboons are a menace. They are even worse than the monkeys, mostly because they are bigger with bigger teeth. Basically the size to back up the aggression, when they feel like it.

This man accidentally showed them how to open the door, thinking their afraid of humans, and they'll run away. Maybe if he had been able to press the hooter.

• Like 1

Electricity cut out - municipality were trying to fix neighbour's problem, and they cut our electricity off by mistake. Wiped everything I typed about our Earth Day visit. You were saved from a longish narrative!

Here we go - Take two!

We got there, I had to answer a lot of questions from the ladies at registration w.r.t. home schooling. Yeah, that usually happens. Where ever we go. At least they didn't say: "but they look so normal", that happens a lot too :D We first visited the new Zulu exhibition, but as we've recently watched the introduction video on Zulu, which included some of this info (and also at the museum), they were a bit bored. That is a typical traditional Zulu hut behind them. The door is of wooden lats tied together, and covered in an animal skin to keep out the weather. This one was just done as an example, leaving big open spaces for people to look inside.

18056146_10155376982827079_4929283071068

We walked through the stalls, stopping here and there to chat, listen to the discussion, or for Adam to ask questions and talk to some of the representatives there. Those were not surprise! surprise! the animal (conservation and marine life) or bird (crane institute) stalls. Rocco joined a small school group at the drums stall, where the guide showed them some moves, and taught them a basic rhythm. The man was very patient and gave Rocco some time to get it right. Afterwards we chatted a bit and he said he was actually from Mozambique and hasn't been long in the country. He started a small business where they make these drums and xylophones, and then also give classes in them. Guess what Rocco is interested in doing?

One of the other stalls was the Botany department from the University of KwaZulu-Natal. The lady and I looked at each other, then recognised and remembered the mutual friend (who now lives in UK). While she was waiting for a school group to gather and take their places, she chatted to me a bit on medicinal herbs, which is her specialty. She gave me a leaf from the indigenous Warburgia salutaris (Pepper Bark) tree to chew. A small, small piece only. And boy! Just as I thought, ok, not so bad, it hit the centre of my tongue and WOW! The boys enjoyed this part *roll eyes*. She gave me a small cutting from the tree and said I could try to plant it, as they are now mostly found only in protected gardens or nature conservancies. Then she invited the boys and I to visit her at the university for a tour of her medicinal garden there.

I got a lot of activity sheets from some of the other stalls, which I'll go through and we can do next week in Science time. The lady from the Umgeni Valley Nature Reserve thought she recognised us from Nature Club. Oh my! She was right! Don't know how to feel about that. Didn't think we stood out that much. She told me about a Jnr Ranger's group (certificate and all) which Adam can join in about two years' time, when he turns 12.

At uShaka Marine stall the lady tried to show Rocco how to use the chop sticks to eat sushi. These were plastic and paper models, and she was terrified he would break it. He didn't.

We stopped at the water/juice table and the man said, no parents, only teachers and school kids. So I told him we home school so I'm their teacher too. He wasn't happy, but after I asked a second time, he let me have a glass of juice. I wouldn't have asked again, but it was warm, I was parched, and we still had to walk all the way back to the entrance of the Botanical Gardens, and I'd forgotten my water bottle in the car.

it was a nice morning, the boys had a good enough time, so we left for town. I got Adam a great pair of tekkies (end of range), on a ridiculous special (50% off), so my day was made.

Edited by elizevdmerwe
add link, fix spelling, delete image
  • Like 6

Ok, maybe I need to get my daily reporting setup:

Friday 21 April 2017:

DAILY:

• Bible Study: X - tried to read a piece on the internet but I couldn't concentrate. I was continually distracted. It was frustrating beyond words!
  • Water/Tea: √
  • Track Food: √ mine here. Carbs a bit high. Oh yes, fried banana with bacon sausage, topped with cheese: lunch. Smelled the bacon and banana toasted sandwhich when in town, and settled for this rather, so no gluten. The only thing I didn't add was the "fruit juice" we had at the Earth Day thing. That will probably push the carbs higher. The boys' numbers were really good yesterday, and they weren't hungry last night at all!
    • Protein: 95.35 (106g)
    • Net Carbs: 50.7 (35g)
    • Fat: 118.4 (127g)
  • Sleep: √ for all of us. Slept in this morning, and as usual got coffee in bed.

WORK - WEEKLY:

• Nothing this whole week, except mowing on Wednesday :(. Oh yeah, I had a cold/sinus until about Tuesday. Wasn't feeling good at all.

TO DO - CHALLENGE:

• Started on updating the telephone book, can't remember what else. Didn't mark it off.

WANNA DO'S - IF I/WE CAN:

• Nothing, but I really want to try and build a rough shelter with all the cut branches before Brandt gets the chainsaw. Rocco built one or two "make shift" shelters to play in this week. Basically moved the smaller branches with lots of leaves into a position over the big branches to form a roof/hiding place. And of course Stampy Cat hides there and jumps at us whenever we pass. Scared the "dinges" out of us a couple of times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simba is doing fine. He has his up and down days. The cold nights are however taking its toll on him despite the pain tablets.

Snippie's asthma is worse due to the cold. She will always be on the heart pill, but I started giving her asthma meds again for her cough. It definitely helped and she slept well again last night. I think she also had some water build up because she seemed swollen, but it is gone this morning.

Brandt went to watch the first stages of a rally close by, this morning. He is at a point where he needs to install the windshield of Skedonk, and wants to talk to some of the guys there.

With our finances being stretched, mil coming down next week, a friend's birthday the morning of our anniversary, the cycling race (and all that surrounds it) over the weekend, and mil (supposedly with Brandt) organising to meet and go out to a restaurant with friends (whom we haven't seen in years) at the cycling, I decided to rather make the most of what we have. Brandt scoffs at going to a restaurant. I don't agree with him, but he says he gets better food at home. Don't know whose cooking he's been eating (but yes, he scored major Brownie points with that comment :D ). Anyway, at first thought to make the best of the birthday picnic, but then it hit me, I can pack a small "dessert picnic" just for the two of us, for after the boys have gone to bed. This would be for Wednesday night. Thursday is the public holiday and our anniversary. Create a sheltered spot in the garden, light some candles, and just enjoy some of our favourites as dessert. And maybe tell him to get me at least one rose while at work. If I don't tell him, he won't think to do it. We normally don't buy each other gifts on our anniversary, we sometimes buy tools for the house/hobbies/projects.

Should work?

• Like 6

Did I ever tell you that some baboons stole my chapstick while I was in Kruger? I was not intimidated or rushed, so eventually they moved away from our car and left the chapstick behind. I felt very accomplished. :D Here for all the awesome!

Oh, yay for Rocco wanting to drum. Music for all!

• Like 2

On 2017/04/23 at 0:02 AM, annyshay said:

Did I ever tell you that some baboons stole my chapstick while I was in Kruger? I was not intimidated or rushed, so eventually they moved away from our car and left the chapstick behind. I felt very accomplished. :D Here for all the awesome!

Oh, yay for Rocco wanting to drum. Music for all!

No you didn't! Good for you for waiting it out. They are very curious, but eventually tire and move on. On one hike I went on in the Drakensberg, we came across a group of baboons. We had to walk around a huge bolder, and the one male baboon (probably the alarm guard) sat on top of the boulder, jumped down on to the man in front of me, and pulled his day pack off. We saw them too late, chatting, admiring the view... We scattered away from them as fast as our legs could carry us. The baboon ripped the man's day pack open and helped himself to the food/snacks in there. They ate, made a mess, but left within a short while. He collected what was left of his pack and we made for the hut. Luckily his wife had his big rucksack and she was driving it from hut to hut every day. He wasn't allowed to carry a heavy pack due to heart/health reasons. I can't remember exactly why anymore. At other times the baboons ignored us totally, didn't even come close. *shrug* The few times I've been in Kruger, we've seldom had trouble with baboons, but I know others did. I think @Jakkals mentioned them as well, when he and his brother were there recently.

On 2017/04/23 at 2:59 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

It sounds like a lovely anniversary. I can relate to Brandt, I'd need to be told too.

I told Brandt and he gave me a warm hug and a huge smile. I take it he likes the idea. :D At a stage Brandt would buy me flowers but I immediately got a bad hay fever reaction and then would sit for days with a bad sinus/chest infection. So he stopped buying me flowers :( Then he bought chocolates, but with me trying to cut down on sweets with Banting, he stopped buying those as well. What is a man to do when your wife can't handle the gifts you try to give her?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realised yesterday that I had to use the last of the stone mill cake flour otherwise it would go past the expiry date. So I decided to bake us some goodies. Ok, it isn't gluten free, but at least it is preservative free and hasn't been bleached like ordinary cake flour. And it doesn't give me tummy ache, or bloating. If you don't want to see sweetish, baked stuff, don't look in the spoiler. I didn't add to our food tracking, because I just don't know what the numbers are. Suffice to say we would have been way over. I had two slices of the bread, and only two wheels.

Spoiler

The top picture is a vanilla loaf, to which I added roasted macadamia nut butter, some mixed seeds, and rough desiccated coconut (fibre). The recipe only calls for vanilla and peanut butter. I tinkered a bit... as usual... You couldn't really taste the nuts or seeds (except the few pumpkin seeds), but it was yummy with the home made butter. It didn't even have time to cool off before Brandt and the boys dug into it. The middle and bottom are the small caramel wheels (2-3" across), before and after drizzling chocolate cream over it. I used half a sachet of dry yeast but over-kneed the dough, so it lost some of its elasticity. Again, I had to grab and freeze these before they were finished, so that there are some left for when mil comes this week.

I managed to finish updating the telephone book, did all the laundry, including the guest room's bedding. We'll see what today brings.

Saturday 22 April 2017:

DAILY:

• Bible Study: √ Long discussion on Fb with a friend. We got not so friendly comments from some of her church people for "reinventing the wheel" on this particular topic.
  • Track Food: √ mine here - before the baked goods. They were much higher afterwards.
    • Protein: 77.1 (106g)
    • Net Carbs: 13.4 (35g)
    • Fat: 112.5 (127g)
  • Sleep: √ for Adam and I. Rocco went to bed late, but we all got up late too.

WORK - WEEKLY:

• Nothing on the list.

TO DO - CHALLENGE:

• Updated the telephone book - took an hour or two because I cross reference with cellphone, etc. Telephone book is usually next to the landline and very quick to grab and find a number. I don't have all those numbers on my cellphone, and the computer isn't always on (or electricity off), for me to keep it on the computer.

• Nothing.

Edited by elizevdmerwe
deleted image
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Forgot to answer: I sent the man an email requesting prices and class availability. We'll see how it works out.

:D

As a former drum line member, this makes my heart happy. I was playing marimba and vibraphone, but it's always nice to see another young Padawan learn to make some joyful noise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

:D

As a former drum line member, this makes my heart happy. I was playing marimba and vibraphone, but it's always nice to see another young Padawan learn to make some joyful noise. 

Eish, ja this one loves making noise :P It's right up his ally. He is actually very good keeping rhythm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maegs said:

It seems like you never have a dull day! 

giphy.gif

It's our normal now :crazy:

Long school day today. Extra things to do because yet again, Playball starts tomorrow, so little school time. Thursday is public holiday, with mil arriving the afternoon, so no school on Friday either (silent agreement not to do school while she visits). Brandt's clients are also closed on Friday, as everybody seems to want to have a long weekend. He isn't happy. Monday is also public holiday, so no work for him either. We can start school after mil has left.

Garden this afternoon: hopefully be able to jump in with the weed whacker (I like this name!) if it doesn't rain. And some other stuff. Will see.
Cheers for now! :D:love_heart:

• Like 4

On 23/04/2017 at 8:47 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

The top picture is a vanilla loaf, to which I added roasted macadamia nut butter, some mixed seeds, and rough desiccated coconut (fibre).

Oh boy, do I regret opening that spoiler :P They all look so amazing!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Oh boy, do I regret opening that spoiler :P They all look so amazing!

You were warned! And there is nothing left! Nothing! Apparently I was too busy checking out school books on the internet last night and Brandt and the boys had a ball in the kitchen with the treats. *oh well*

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Some folks also call it a WeedEater.

We normally do :P , but at the rate I go through those lines, and the way it sometimes whacks through the thick grass and weeds against the fence, I now want to call it a weed whacker.

-------------------------------------------------

Sunday 23 April 2017:

DAILY:

• Bible Study: √
  • Track Food: √ mine here
    • Protein: 101.3 (106g)
    • Net Carbs: 21 (35g)
    • Fat: 147.6 (127g) That must be that extra piece of pork fat (skin grilled to not dried crackling, just almost crispy fat)
  • Sleep: √ for Adam and Rocco. I sat up, lost in possible new school books for the future. Planned for the boys until Adam finishes primary level at 14yrs. *sigh* I love looking at these books.

WORK - WEEKLY:

• Nothing on the list. OFF Day (although there's been too many of them lately)

TO DO - CHALLENGE:

• Sewing by hand: fixed clothing, took out seems, sewed on buttons for Thoko's uniform... kept me busy for an hour or two. This included fixing Serenity's driver seat cover that was torn. I could hear my gr. 6-7 teacher telling me (not so patiently) not to put the needle in from the outside to the inside, but from the inside out, so that you can't see the thread when you pull it through... I barely passed sewing class then...

• Nothing.

--------------------------------------------------

I forgot to track food today. Yeah, I don't know how, but I did. It turned icy cold this afternoon and by the time I've finished school and Thoko had left early, it started drizzling, so no garden work. I made myself a steaming hot mug of coffee, and did the longer strength circuit, but only 1x circuit (shark week). My legs are stiff. I might not have warmed up sufficiently.

• Joint Circles
  • Incline Push Ups 10x
  • Farmer's Carry (inside the house) 2x6kg 10x up and down passage
  • Step Ups 2x6kg 10x
  • Ab Roll Out 10x
  • Stretch Band Rows 10x
  • Lunges 2x6kg 10x each leg
  • Floor Presses 2x6kg 10x
  • Rev.Flyes 2x4.5kg 10x
  • Adduction 2x10 each leg

Then some YouTube video the boys were watching triggered them into wanting to continue with their English alphabet/phonics work on Starfall, so guess what we did for the next 30min? More school work. But now they've worked through the whole alphabet, and we can start on parts of words and short words, followed by little English books. I suspect we are going to fly through these! I forgot to mention (I think) that Adam surprised me this weekend, by reading some English words on my computer screen over my shoulder! These were not frequently used words, it was on Diet Doctor site. He's been typing short descriptions for his alien-creatures in Spore (Steam game), with me spelling the words for him. Between this typing and what they do in Scribblenauts, he is learning to read! He is actually remembering the words without us having to use the card-method. I'm so, so proud of him!

Going to try and bring Stampy back into the house. He wasn't happy with me (again) when I put the flee flea drops on his back, so he ran out of the house. EDIT: Yip the flea drops made him flee in haste.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

He wasn't happy with me (again) when I put the flee drops on his back, so he ran out of the house.

My dogs always swim, so the drops never work. Last time at the Vet they recommended a chew type anti-flea thingy. I gave it to the dogs, they ate it without complaining and the fleas were gone in a few days.

Once my brain starts to work again I will try to remember the name. But it is expensive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jakkals said:

My dogs always swim, so the drops never work. Last time at the Vet they recommended a chew type anti-flea thingy. I gave it to the dogs, they ate it without complaining and the fleas were gone in a few days.

Once my brain starts to work again I will try to remember the name. But it is expensive.

Yes, I got Nexguard for the dogs and it works great!, but they don't give that to the cat. The cat still get drops, because you can't make him eat something if he doesn't want to.

Monday 24 April 2017:

DAILY:

• Bible Study: √
  • Track Food: √ mine not here
    • Protein: forgot (106g)
    • Net Carbs: forgot (35g)
    • Fat: forgot (127g)
  • Sleep: X No, none of us went to bed on time.

WORK - WEEKLY:

• Strength circuit mentioned above in a previous post.

TO DO - CHALLENGE:

• Nope.

• Nothing.

--------------------------------------------------

Sent a message early on (an hour before I had to leave) to Playball coach (coach-parents-group) to ask what the weather was like out there. Didn't get any answer back. Sent another message, and tried to phone my friend when it was just about time to leave. She also didn't answer the call or message. So I decided to skip Playball. Usually (90% of the time) if we are cloudy and wet, drizzling, then the Playball venue is sopping wet with rain, so I assumed the no response was because Playball wasn't on. When it was supposed to start, I received a message from the coach saying oh, the weather was actually nice and we can come quickly. So I said, sorry, will skip this one and attend next week. I mean it takes 30min. just to drive there. By then the lesson is 3/4 done. The other parents live close to the venue. When Playball was finished, my friend sent a reply saying that if the coach doesn't specifically send a message early on saying the weather is bad, we must assume that Playball is on. Apparently they decided on this at one of the "after-lesson-sport-games" which we didn't attend first term. Thanks for telling me. :(

So we continued with school work. The boys decided they wanted to finish up the English worksheets for which they did the computer lessons yesterday. Next week we start with the new phase. Then we worked through the Fighting Fires booklet I got at Earth Day thing. We STOPped, DROPped, COVERed FACE, ROLLed a couple times, then CRAWLED out the house because "the room was filled with smoke". The dogs thought we were crazy, because they came to inspect our faces while we did this ^^^. Don't know what they saw on our faces, but they decided it was safer outside than inside the house at that stage  :D And after returning from fetching the milk, Adam read more words by himself on Minecraft! Woot! Woot! 

I'm ok after yesterday's workout. No stiffness, nothing is sore, just twinges here and there.

• Like 4