• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cornelia

Lady Cornelia begins...again

It's been ages since I've been on here, but I have about had it with being sick, tired, and weak! Blech! So, it's time to begin again :-)

Basic stats: 34yo, 92lbs, 5'5 mum of two. I have always been tiny, but generally healthy. I don't drive, so I walk a lot, and haul a lot too! We also eat pretty healthy around here- I cook everything from scratch, but often I can't be bothered to fix myself real food for meals during the day if it's just me and the kids. It's just too much work/prep/dishes etc. Def. something I need to work on!

Big Long Term Goals for the next year and beyond!

1. More Energy All Day

2. Be Healthier (build a strong immune system)

3. Spend More time with my Husband, and all together as a family.

4. Build up a Historic Wardrobe (Be like Ruth, my historian heroine!)

5. WALK ACROSS ENGLAND

For this Challenge, here are my 4 things to focus on:

1. Start Couch 2 5k again.  (I have never been a runner, but I started up last fall to build my stamina and endurance and found it was totally doable, the cold weather made me stop)

2. Spinach Smoothie every afternoon for afterschool snack.  (Good for me and the kiddos, a nice way to get me some extra calories and nutrients)

3. Floss (I had a cavity last time at the Dentist's because of my less-than- enthusiastic flossing, a 200$ kick in the teeth!!)

4. Complete my 1867 Dress for the sesquicentennial. (I will post a pic when it's done! I am super excited about this one, because I get to wear a hoop, yippee!)

Good luck to everyone! We can do this!

• Like 2

On 20/04/2017 at 3:36 PM, Plazmotic said:

Wat. That's one heck of a goal! Can't wait to see the dress too.

I know, right?

When I found out walking across England was a thing that lots of people did (there's like trails, and inns to stop at overnight- it actually only takes 2-3 weeks to do the whole shebang!) I thought, 'no way could I do that' but after reading Steve's book, the idea of doing amazing action-heroey things suddenly started to sound completely doable. If I was a character in a Victorian novel, I would do that. And I want to be that character (but no being accosted by brigands please, lol).

In this season of my life, I can't just disappear to do big adventures, but I can definitely start to train for them, so when the opportunity does arise, I can jump on it! 

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, cornelia said:

It's been ages since I've been on here, but I have about had it with being sick, tired, and weak! Blech! So, it's time to begin again :-)

I know the feeling.  I hope we both can do it!

What happened in 1867?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Erick the Red said:

I know the feeling.  I hope we both can do it!

What happened in 1867?

We can totally do this! 

1867 was the year of Canada's confederation. It's our 150th birthday this year!!

• Like 1

I know it's still early days, but I flossed, ran my first C25k run today and made smoothies. (We also baked cookies...)

The run was tough, but it was a beautiful spring day which made it easier to get outside. I'm totally knackered now, but really glad I did it.   

• Like 1

Hi Cornelia,

I'm a Brit... Walking across England is completely doable!  I walked Hadrian's Wall from one end to the other, which basically stretches east to west across England (near the Scottish border).  It was 84 miles over five days - toughest day was 21 miles long (I might have burst into tears that night when I got to the campsite...!!).  But it is completely doable!  Keep that goal in sight, Cornelia!

Will be watching your progress on Couch to 5k... It's one of my quests!  I'm hoping to start tackling that in the next month!

Good luck!

• Like 2

Oh man I did not know walking across England was a real thing and now I'm highly intrigued. You have super interesting goals and I'm jealous. :) good luck!

• Like 1

I had a busy day running around for meetings yesterday, and hauling kidlets in the rain, and by the end of the day I was sooo exhausted I felt sick. This morning was a write off too. However, I rallied this aft and am feeling better. 

I made my smoothies, cooked a nice dinner, and instead of just zoning out on pinterest to relax for a few minutes, I ironed my dress fabric, all 8 yards of it. It was very zen.

I'll do my next c25k run tomorrow morning, and hopefully the exhaustion afterward won't be as bad! 

There is a 5k run in my town at the end of June,  should I sign up for it? What do you guys think? I've never done anything like that before!

Hope everyone else is working away, we can do it!

• Like 1

Late night progress report! (I should be sleeping but too keyed up :-)

The past week has been craziness.  My kiddos were home sick a few days, so I couldn’t go out for a run, or to the grocery for more smoothie supplies, however! It appears everyone is doing better, so I can back into the swing of things.

1. Finished all week 1 runs of c25k today. Hopefully will get another run in on Friday. 

2. I was on a roll of smoothies every other day, but got derailed and ran out of ingredients. Starting again tomorrow.

3. Flossing every night!

4. No progress. I've been sewing other costumes though!

Craziest news.. we put an offer in on our first ever house, for a truly insane amount of money (gah!).. It's a big old edwardian, with lots of period features, apple trees, and room for a hot tub ;-) Here's hoping!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cornelia said:

Craziest news.. we put an offer in on our first ever house, for a truly insane amount of money (gah!).. It's a big old edwardian, with lots of period features, apple trees, and room for a hot tub ;-) Here's hoping!!!

giphy.gif

Ahhhhhhh! Awesome! Fingers crossed for you! I'm looking for houses too at the moment so I feel the gah!s re-money and finding something that suites you. :D

Glad your kiddos are feeling better, and hope you are back into the swing of things soon. :)

• Like 1

Woo for the house! As far as the 5k, go for it. I did my first with a friend when I was in like, week 6 of c25k. We walked most of it but hey, we did it!

• Like 1

Checking back in after a crazy week that's completely derailed my progress. Pretty bummed about that, but I can always get back up again.

The whole house thing fell through, which about broke my heart. The worst bit was that our parents had offered to help us out (we're self-employed, and lenders hate us like crazy, plus houses start here at $500 000), but the house we had our hearts set on- our type of family home, which means not mainstream at all- was apparently not what our parents wanted to get involved in after all. They weren't honest about the reason the offer fell through, they said it was about the money when it clearly wasn't. To top it all off, we went away on business over the weekend, and they went ahead and bought another more acceptable house after I had told them 'no.' Well, we've decided to have nothing to do with it, and our trust in them has been severely put into question. It sucks. Nothing like ripping away your kid's dream after dangling it in front of them, right? Uggh!!!

However, all this drama has reaffirmed our desire to level-up and crush it ourselves. Tomorrow, I'll do another run, and buy more smoothie supplies. To be honest, I wasn't eating much last week- when I'm stressed I don't feel like eating at all. I'm still flossing, but I've misplaced my 1867 skirt pattern, lol. It's time to get my act together and push forward.

Thanks for everyone's support, I hope you guys are all having better weeks than I am! Lol!  We can do this.

• Like 1

On 2017-05-10 at 2:25 PM, cornelia said:

The whole house thing fell through, which about broke my heart. The worst bit was that our parents had offered to help us out (we're self-employed, and lenders hate us like crazy, plus houses start here at $500 000), but the house we had our hearts set on- our type of family home, which means not mainstream at all- was apparently not what our parents wanted to get involved in after all. They weren't honest about the reason the offer fell through, they said it was about the money when it clearly wasn't. To top it all off, we went away on business over the weekend, and they went ahead and bought another more acceptable house after I had told them 'no.' Well, we've decided to have nothing to do with it, and our trust in them has been severely put into question. It sucks. Nothing like ripping away your kid's dream after dangling it in front of them, right? Uggh!!!

Uggh, wow. Just, wow. That is crazy and sucks in so many ways. :(

On 2017-05-10 at 2:25 PM, cornelia said:

However, all this drama has reaffirmed our desire to level-up and crush it ourselves.

I'm am super glad this didn't crush you in the end! You'll find your own way. :) Hoping things improve after this.