Plazmotic Maintains Her Streak

Plazmotic

24 minutes ago, Dagger said:

This sounds delicious, especially the avocado salad. Avocado...........

I’ve made delicious avocado salad before but last night’s version was NOT very good. The avocado has been in my fridge for like 3 weeks now and was STILL hard as hell, bah. Yes, I put avocado in the fridge, it’s the only way I don’t end up with a full bag of over-ripe ones.

• Like 2
On 24/04/2017 at 2:43 PM, Plazmotic said:

In other news, apparently I am pregnant? Wha? Buh? Okay, well, good thing I have a doctor's appointment today, because I am SLIGHTLY TERRIFIED.

Keep going with your challenges, Plazmotic... You've got an even bigger reason to now! :adoration:  And a small start is still a start!  

Saying that, when I was pregnant, I craved nothing but McDonald's McChicken Sandwiches...!  I wanted them morning, noon and night...!  I went through a stage of going three times a week, lol!!  I kinda feel your body knows what it needs... Or that's how I justified my frequent trips to Mccy D's!!!

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, weedy said:

Keep going with your challenges, Plazmotic... You've got an even bigger reason to now! :adoration:  And a small start is still a start!  

Saying that, when I was pregnant, I craved nothing but McDonald's McChicken Sandwiches...!  I wanted them morning, noon and night...!  I went through a stage of going three times a week, lol!!  I kinda feel your body knows what it needs... Or that's how I justified my frequent trips to Mccy D's!!!

LOL! Last time I was pregnant so many things made me want to throw up, like butter and onions and cream. This time so far, not a peep of morning sickness! I can eat ALL the things! Part of me wonders if something is wrong because I feel so good, while the other part of me tells the first part to shut up and eat more chocolate. And I don’t even LIKE chocolate that much! :P

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

LOL! Last time I was pregnant so many things made me want to throw up, like butter and onions and cream. This time so far, not a peep of morning sickness! I can eat ALL the things! Part of me wonders if something is wrong because I feel so good, while the other part of me tells the first part to shut up and eat more chocolate. And I don’t even LIKE chocolate that much! :P

Lol!  I really reckon they should rename 'pregnancy' as 'nine months of paranoia'!!  Every move, every lack of move, everything you eat, everything you don't eat... And so on!  Your body's got this!  It knows what it's doing.  As for the chocolate... I'm sayin' nothing...!! *Smiles innocently*

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, weedy said:

Lol!  I really reckon they should rename 'pregnancy' as 'nine months of paranoia'!!  

OMG that’s the truth right there. It doesn’t help that my paranoia is fueled by bad experiences (I miscarried my first pregnancy last May). It’s almost like my body is “once a screw up, always a screw up”.

Actually looking forward to doing the blood and urine tests tomorrow. I hate not knowing whether things are going okay or not.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

OMG that’s the truth right there. It doesn’t help that my paranoia is fueled by bad experiences (I miscarried my first pregnancy last May). It’s almost like my body is “once a screw up, always a screw up”.

Actually looking forward to doing the blood and urine tests tomorrow. I hate not knowing whether things are going okay or not.

One in three women have a miscarriage, hun... That would make a lot of screw-ups!  Trust your body.  It can do this.  And enjoy the time before you can no longer move or cut your own toe nails, lol!! 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

Luckily you have this huge community that can be supportive and understanding regardless of what happens! 

My family has a long history of fertility problems. It's so hard mentally AND physically. But regardless of the outcome, it doesn't make your body a screw up. We have this idea that because our medical care has gotten so much better and we are generally healthier people today that is should be easy to have kids. In reality, all we can do is prepare ourselves and hope for the best. :love_heart:

17 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

I made it through both of my pregnancies with no morning sickness. It was glorious - don't take it for granted! 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Luckily you have this huge community that can be supportive and understanding regardless of what happens! 

D'awwww y'all are the best.

Day 3 (April 25) results

Food Quest

Lunch = DAMMIT another BBoC? Leftovers from Friday's lunch, noodles with BBQ chicken. Dinner was *GASP* another BBoC, homemade teriyaki stir-fry with rice. Ugh, talk about meal fail. Snacks = Greek yogurt, apple. 

Writing Quest

Was supposed to write in the evening but damn was I ever feeling lazy. :(

Money Quest

Money spent was a necessity (Omega-3 fish oil supplement).

---------------------------------

Just from the past 3 days I can already see the "keep carbs on the side" thing is not coming very easy to me, woe. Would love to hear what kind of Paleo-ish meals people make when they want to keep the starch low and the protein high.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

what kind of Paleo-ish meals people make when they want to keep the starch low and the protein high.

I have had success with meat and a few different vegetables.  Like, pork or chicken from the slow cooker, steamed broccoli, and raw baby carrots.  The barbeque sauce we use becomes the only significant source of carbs, and it isn't too bad.

I happen to like a lot of different vegetables so for side "dishes" I can rotate between various fresh vegetables (carrots, sweet snap peas, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, broccoli), steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans), and preserved vegetables (sauerkraut).

• Like 3

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

18 hours ago, Erick the Red said:

I happen to like a lot of different vegetables so for side "dishes" I can rotate between various fresh vegetables (carrots, sweet snap peas, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, broccoli), steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans), and preserved vegetables (sauerkraut).

I too love basically all vegetables! The problem is my husband, who likes cucumber and carrots and that’s about it, boo. Then again, he eats everything I cook even if he’s not a fan.

Ultimately I’d like to cook something Paleo-ish that allows for leftovers we can take to work for lunch the next day, but I find when I do the protein-veggie-carb trifecta there's only enough for dinner.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

Ultimately I’d like to cook something Paleo-ish that allows for leftovers we can take to work for lunch the next day, but I find when I do the protein-veggie-carb trifecta there's only enough for dinner.

When it comes to vegetables I've found that the microwavable steam bags tend to work best as far as ensuring you have enough available. I cannot count the number of times I've put a tray-full of broccoli in the oven thinking it'll last for 2-3 days and not after any left over after dinner.

• Like 3

Day 4 (April 26) results

Food Quest

Lunch = Not just a BBoC, but a microwave meal too. At least it was a small portion? Dinner = chicken fingers, roasted veggies, chipotle shells. Snacks = Greek yogurt, apple. 

Exercise Quest

Great workout yesterday with the SIL! Couldn't run though, my boobs hurt too much LOL. Definitely the fault of a cheap sports bra and pregnancy hormones. She suggested I visit Lululemon for a good sports bra that will hold the girls in check.

Money Quest

No money spent!

• Like 3

Day 5 (April 27) results

Food Quest

Lunch = BBoC again, my mom's Indian spaghetti with veggies. Dinner = veggie wrap (arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas, beets, roasted red peppers, goat cheese, chipotle feta spread, whole wheat tortilla). Snacks = Greek yogurt, one of those Fiber 1 lemon squares, apple.

Writing Quest

Spent an hour at the coffee shop and made serious headway with the latest scene in my novel!

Money Quest

I bought the wrap (dinner) at the cafe I was writing at, I guess it wasn't really necessary, technically speaking. But I think it was healthy and worth it because I made my husband pizza when I came home, which I didn't eat.

----------------------------------------------

Yesterday I was feeling quite preggers, today not so much. That could all change in an hour tho!

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

Spent an hour at the coffee shop and made serious headway with the latest scene in my novel!

Woop woop! :)

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Day 6 (April 28) results

Food Quest

Lunch = BBoC again, my mom's Indian spaghetti with veggies. Dinner = dump and bake meatball casserole, a lot of pasta again whoops. Snacks = Greek yogurt, apple, cashews.

Money Quest

Went straight home after work, no shopping done!

As for the weekend, spent Saturday gardening and hanging out with family. Sunday was a much more lazy day.

Week 1 summary - finding out I'm pregnant has made me a little hesitant to experiment with my diet, so I'm being pretty conservative about it. But I feel like I'm really slacking on the exercise bit. Don't know how to motivate myself to get moving more.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

As for the weekend, spent Saturday gardening and hanging out with family. Sunday was a much more lazy day.

Don't discount the exercise you are getting from things like this! Honestly, depending on what your previous exercise regimen was like, adding in an extra walk would be a better goal than focusing on a new exercise plan (based on my completely non-medical opinion). 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

adding in an extra walk would be a better goal than focusing on a new exercise plan

This is true, that was originally the plan for Sunday. But it is still too coooooooold outside. May in Canada is basically just Winter Lite. :P 

• Like 4

I have not and don't ever plan to be pregnant, so I have zero credible advice to offer other than a super vague "I'm sure there are things it's okay to do." So helpful. But I'm rooting for you either way. =P

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yes, I’ve been AWOL. Last week was busy af. I had a two day professional conference, incidents at work, medical appointments, and a prep course to attend. No point in hashing out what went down but in summary: I was active, but didn’t eat very well because I came down with a cold + was attending events where a lot of carbs and sugar was provided.

Big highlight of the week:

Spoiler

On Thursday I had my first ultrasound. Y’all, there is actually an embryo in there and it has a heartbeat whaaaaat. U/s tech said that it was not looking 7 weeks though, but 6 weeks along at least. Most likely this is due to my long-ass implantation period, but of course I am freaking that the underdevelopment is a sign that it won’t last. I’m still feeling pretty good too as far as pregnancy symptoms go, which also worries me (not enough pregnancy hormones??). I keep experiencing spotting and bleeding, which was sign #1 the first time around that doom was incoming. IDK, trying to be positive. I have to wait 4.5 more weeks until I’m really out of the woods. That is a long time. PRAY FOR MOJO.

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

Big highlight of the week:

Hide contents

On Thursday I had my first ultrasound. Y’all, there is actually an embryo in there and it has a heartbeat whaaaaat. U/s tech said that it was not looking 7 weeks though, but 6 weeks along at least. Most likely this is due to my long-ass implantation period, but of course I am freaking that the underdevelopment is a sign that it won’t last. I’m still feeling pretty good too as far as pregnancy symptoms go, which also worries me (not enough pregnancy hormones??). I keep experiencing spotting and bleeding, which was sign #1 the first time around that doom was incoming. IDK, trying to be positive. I have to wait 4.5 more weeks until I’m really out of the woods. That is a long time. PRAY FOR MOJO.

If it makes you feel any better, I had ZERO pregnancy symptoms with either one of my kids. Everyone is different, and it's totally okay!

Sending positive vibes and good wishes!

• Like 3

Sending positive vibes your way! 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

19 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

If it makes you feel any better, I had ZERO pregnancy symptoms with either one of my kids.

This makes me feel VERY BETTER, thank you! I love hearing stories like this.

• Like 3

Weird, I thought I posted yesterday...

Day 16 (May 8) results

Food Quest

Lunch = Big plate of southwestern salad, vegetarian. Dinner = daal and roti with shrimp okra. Snacks = Greek yogurt, apple, cashews.

Exercise Quest

Went on a nice long walk with SIL, felt great to finally get some fresh air.

Money Quest

No extra money spent!

Day 17 (May 9) results

Food Quest

Lunch = some kinda frozen meal with chicken and pasta, plus an orange someone gifted me. Dinner = pasta + stir-fry… yes, it was a double carb redundancy but I needed easy leftovers available for the next few days. Snacks = Greek yogurt, apple, cashews.

Writing Quest

Missed my writing session. :( I missed it for silly reasons too; I wanted to head straight home to make some appointments and send some emails, and instead I sat around watching YouTube and playing games. To be fair, if I don’t get at least an hour to decompress when I get home, I get kind of ANGRY.

Money Quest

No extra money spent. I should have picked a few groceries up but I didn’t have time.

• Like 5

Day 18 (May 10) results

Food Quest

Lunch = Beef barely soup. Dinner = Coconut shrimp and egg fried rice. Snacks = lemon square, apple, cashews.

Exercise Quest

Another nice long walk with the SIL.

Money Quest

No extra money spent!

------------------------------------

Today has not been a good day. Went for a blood test and ultrasound. Blood test left me dizzy. Ultrasound was... not good. Embryo is still too small to measure a heartbeat. I should be 8 weeks but I'm still only 6 weeks. Bad sign. Something is likely wrong. Didn't go to work because I didn't feel like pretending to be okay when I am not okay and instead need to cry every half hour or so. And I'm terrified of having to go thru a miscarriage again, that shit was traumatic af.

So yeah. Going to work on a ppt presentation for HR whilst periodically bawling my eyes out. 

• Like 1