• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Remembers To Enjoy The Journey

motivational-picture-quote-the-destinati

I feel like the last couple of challenges have just been a struggle. I felt very meh about them, and just starting to feel like it life was just a series of "have to's. I became a bit obsessed overly concerned about my weight. I am healthier than I've ever been, and yet I sort of felt like if I'm not super careful, I will lose all the gains I've made. I decided it was time to step back, breathe, and enjoy the journey.

I am in a place  where I have leveled up in lots of areas of my life.I love working out,it is one of my favorite parts of the day. I also love going for walks, doing GTG BW stuff, geocaching, hiking, all the THINGS. Spring is finally here! Days are longer. Mr Incredible and I often go for walks in the evening, geocaching on the weekend, and dancing a couple of times a month. In the evening I often do mobility work. I've built up a good routine in the morning that is fairly productive, though I still struggle with starting on time.The majority of the time I eat healthy. I am way more confident than I used to be, and it shows in my good relationships with others. I am strong! I want to appreciate all these gifts.

But lately I feel like I have to continually level up. And I get so caught up in that, that I forget to just enjoy the process. So, this challenge, I am going to stick to one goal. And the rest of the stuff, I'm just going to let happen. I've got a lot of good habits already set up, so most of the time I will stick to those. And some days, I'll feel meh, and the habits might not happen. But that's ok, because they are enough a part of my life now, that if they don't happen one day, they happen the next.

My Goal:

Start my workout by 9:30 Monday- Friday

Reward; 15 days of starting at 9:30= a new t-shirt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0NKGKO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2FXN9I8R0TTC&coliid=IITSCDZHT1SWK

Bonus; If I start the day at 9:15, then in the afternoon I can read and have a cup of tea for a bit

Dreaded Burpee Punishment, every minute after 9:35 start time I owe one burpee

More punishment: 2 days in a row of starting after 9:40= no computer time  the next morning, not even for NF:(

• Like 20

I am so glad to hear that even someone awesome like you struggles with these thoughts and needs to reset sometimes!!

I mean ... love this plan and am excited to hear how it goes letting your progress unfold organically instead of pushing yourself in so many areas! ;)  Now that the weather's warming up, you can get your exercise in by doing outside things, like hiking, working in the yard, geocaching, etc. Sometimes you need your exercise to feel like play!!

(Also, how cool is it to be your first follower???)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I sort of felt like if I'm not super careful, I will lose all the gains I've made.

This is one of my fears because in the past when I wasn't super careful I did lose all the gains, or more accurately gainsed back all the weight I'd lost. The difference back then was I didn't have the rebellion. I have the rebellion now, and so do you. We've all got each other's backs, and no ranger stands alone.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

I am so glad to hear that even someone awesome like you struggles with these thoughts and needs to reset sometimes!!

I mean ... love this plan and am excited to hear how it goes letting your progress unfold organically instead of pushing yourself in so many areas! ;)  Now that the weather's warming up, you can get your exercise in by doing outside things, like hiking, working in the yard, geocaching, etc. Sometimes you need your exercise to feel like play!!

(Also, how cool is it to be your first follower???)

Hey Congrats you win the first to follow prize. Not sure what the prize is, byt you win it.

16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is one of my fears because in the past when I wasn't super careful I did lose all the gains, or more accurately gainsed back all the weight I'd lost. The difference back then was I didn't have the rebellion. I have the rebellion now, and so do you. We've all got each other's backs, and no ranger stands alone.

You are very right. You guys are an amazing support. The encouragement I've recieved here has been invaluable. You guys are great at pushing me forward, but also giving me that balance of remembering to enjoy the journey.

Statistics show that losing weight isn't really the hardest part, it;s keeping it lost.;) And I have the Rebellion to thank for keeping me motivated enough to stay the course, plus giving me all sorts of even more fun ways to play.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Statistics show that losing weight isn't really the hardest part, it;s keeping it lost.;) 

Yes, but the statistics is for the regular yo yo dieter. You're not one of those. You've completely changed your lifestyle, your relationship with food and your training and movement habits. Even if you were to slack off for a little while it wouldn't have a drastic effect on your weight or performance. You'd still be moving and eating fairly well no matter what, I'm 100% sure of that.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

My Goal:

Start my workout by 9:30 Monday- Friday

Reward; 15 days of starting at 9:30= a new t-shirt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0NKGKO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2FXN9I8R0TTC&coliid=IITSCDZHT1SWK

Bonus; If I start the day at 9:15, then in the afternoon I can read and have a cup of tea for a bit

Dreaded Burpee Punishment, every minute after 9:35 start time I owe one burpee

More punishment: 2 days in a row of starting after 9:40= no computer time  the next morning, not even for NF:(

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yes, but the statistics is for the regular yo yo dieter. You're not one of those. You've completely changed your lifestyle, your relationship with food and your training and movement habits. Even if you were to slack off for a little while it wouldn't have a drastic effect on your weight or performance. You'd still be moving and eating fairly well no matter what, I'm 100% sure of that.

Ditto what Mad Hatter said. AND PLEASE! please don't start late because I can't imagine a day of no Elastigirl on NF! Yip, I know it is for selfish reasons too, but :)

And I love that t-shirt!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Dang....you might be going to far here, EG...

LOL, love the challenge. Here to follow ;) 

Wolf

I decided it was time to step back, breathe, and enjoy the journey.

I am so all about this <3 <3 <3

Mr Incredible and I often go for walks in the evening, geocaching on the weekend

OHHHH SO FUN!!!! We got into geocaching a bit, but it's been awhile since we've been out!!! Lovely reminder. I'm going to suggest we go more :D 

One of my best peace be the journey challenges involved goals like "DGAF" and "enjoy healthy foods" x per week. It was surprisingly measurable when I put it in those terms lol even tho it started out as a joke! Anyways, always here when the journey is involved!!! Peace be with you ;)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thanks! The logical part of my brain agrees with you, just the other fear driven part sometimes forgets that and takes over.

15 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Ditto what Mad Hatter said. AND PLEASE! please don't start late because I can't imagine a day of no Elastigirl on NF! Yip, I know it is for selfish reasons too, but :)

And I love that t-shirt!

:)Well, not starting late, but I am going to be gone a bit the first week. Going to the ocean with extended family for a few day.

15 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Following~!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay!!

9 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

I love your challenge structure and the motivation and hard work behind it!

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Ill be following along, thank you for your support, i hope to support you too!

Good luck with everything!

Thanks

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Dang....you might be going to far here, EG...

LOL, love the challenge. Here to follow ;) 

Wolf

Hopefully I won't have to result to such drastic measures.:)

7 hours ago, RedStone said:

I am so all about this <3 <3 <3

OHHHH SO FUN!!!! We got into geocaching a bit, but it's been awhile since we've been out!!! Lovely reminder. I'm going to suggest we go more :D 

One of my best peace be the journey challenges involved goals like "DGAF" and "enjoy healthy foods" x per week. It was surprisingly measurable when I put it in those terms lol even tho it started out as a joke! Anyways, always here when the journey is involved!!! Peace be with you ;)

giphy.gif

Do more geocaching, it is so fun! I've done a few other laid back challenges, but it's been awhile.

6 hours ago, ForestGoddess said:

Following. You have always been an inspiration to me. I love to read your challenges!

6 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Following along!

Image result for the pursuit is happiness

Thanks, I love this sign.

• Like 2

Sounds like a bit of an unchallenge, and from what you said, that sounds like a good thing. Those are some serious punishments for not starting on time, that'd keep me on track, that's for sure!

This is a great challenge right now, to enjoy and celebrate the lifestyle you have built for yourself.  More improvements will come because, hey, you're you (and you're a Ranger :) ) but I am happy that you can focus on enjoying the moment this time around instead of always chasing gains.

And I love that T-shirt.

3 hours ago, obax said:

Sounds like a bit of an unchallenge, and from what you said, that sounds like a good thing. Those are some serious punishments for not starting on time, that'd keep me on track, that's for sure!

It is pretty much an unchallenge. Hopefully they will keep me on track. I've got punishments and rewards, something ought to work.

2 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

This is a great challenge right now, to enjoy and celebrate the lifestyle you have built for yourself.  More improvements will come because, hey, you're you (and you're a Ranger :) ) but I am happy that you can focus on enjoying the moment this time around instead of always chasing gains.

And I love that T-shirt.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

:)Well, not starting late, but I am going to be gone a bit the first week. Going to the ocean with extended family for a few day.

That's ok. An absent Elastigirl because she is having fun and being badass, is acceptable. :P

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Really glad to see a reward and bonus in your near future.  Punishment may be a good motivator, but I hate it anyway!

Love the sentiment of this challenge.  When working out is one of your favorite parts of the day, you are doing it RIGHT!

61703-This-Journey-Is-Yours-Enjoy-Each-A

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That's ok. An absent Elastigirl because she is having fun and being badass, is acceptable. :P

Enjoy!

:)Thanks, not so sure how badass I'll be. Unless talking beach walks is considered badass.;)

11 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Following of course! You've given me a real itch to try out geocaching at some point.... :) 

Thanks. Geocaching is so much fun. It's a great excuse to go explore new places.

37 minutes ago, suzyQlou said:

Really glad to see a reward and bonus in your near future.  Punishment may be a good motivator, but I hate it anyway!

Love the sentiment of this challenge.  When working out is one of your favorite parts of the day, you are doing it RIGHT!

61703-This-Journey-Is-Yours-Enjoy-Each-A

Such a pretty sign. I am very glad that I enjoy working out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

Love everything about this. Here, of course.

Thanks. Yay glad you are here .

5 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*Waving Flags for you* :D

Hi there, thanks!

• Like 1

On 21/04/2017 at 0:57 PM, Elastigirl said:

dancing a couple of times a month

This is a cool thing to do together :)

What kind of dancing do you do?