• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Remembers To Enjoy The Journey

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, not so sure how badass I'll be. Unless talking beach walks is considered badass.;)

Depends on the beach: boulders? tidal pools? crabs on the beach? doing funny stork/crane yoga poses on the beach? :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Endor said:

This is a cool thing to do together :)

What kind of dancing do you do?

A bunch of different kinds. A lady from our church teaches it. We do swing, salsa, two-step,waltz, and contra. It's super fun, and we have been doing it long enough now, where I don't have to focus on the foot work as much, but can actually relax and actually feel like I'm dancing

17 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Depends on the beach: boulders? tidal pools? crabs on the beach? doing funny stork/crane yoga poses on the beach? :P

Of course there will need to be crow poses on the beach.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Following.  Great challenge.  I think we have all felt that we need elaborate challenges or be the best we can be when really we are already that and just need to maintain.

True. Now that we are all super heroes and badasses, really we can just sit back and enjoy.

• Like 2

I just got here, but I'm loving this challenge! I feel this way too sometimes. Which tends to make me slack off on my progress, so it's nice to see similar mindsets to know that I'm not alone in this.

And I'm also following because you're just that awesome!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Moros said:

Following - fun is always good, and I'm happy to see that you are relaxing some...

Thanks

7 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I just got here, but I'm loving this challenge! I feel this way too sometimes. Which tends to make me slack off on my progress, so it's nice to see similar mindsets to know that I'm not alone in this.

And I'm also following because you're just that awesome! emoji14.png

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

yay, glad you made it here. Is your challenge up? I need to check it out.

Today was a good day. I  actually started my workout at 9:20. I had said it had to be 9:15 to earn bonus, but I decided 9:20 was close enough. Trying to find the sweet spot where it is a bit hard, but not so hard, I just give up. It was supposed to rain today, but it turned out to be a nice day. 

My ring workout was super fun, and hard. The rows are so hard this time. Still able to do aout double the amount of inverted hangs I was able to do last year. But the DOMS after ward. 

I've been feeling a bit guilty and overwhelmed with the yard and my lack of attention to it. It was a super rainy season, and the weeds made my yard a jungle. And I have allergies. So, I've just been sort of ignoring it. Did a bit of weeding last week. I looked at my average walking steps, and it was 11,000, and I realized that one way I can gain some time in the day is to not worry about taking an afternoon walk, but just do it in the evening with hubby. Or just a short afternoon walk if I want to. DId that  and it gave me time to weed out the vegetable beds in the backyard, and to pick some carrots that I had overwintered. It never froze this year, so I have some chard.  I put in some beds in the front yard too. I  weeded the back beds and covered them with weed cloth. I think I am not going to do anything in them this year, and just do the smaller bed in the front.

Since I earned my bonus, I sat and read a chapter of Alcatraz and The Dark Talent, by Brandon Sanderson, and enjoyed a cup of tea.

I bought another set of rings. The rings we have now are hung up under our deck beams, about 15 feet high. So if I take them down, we need a ladder to hang them. So we bought another pair, and I can use those to hang from my pull up bar, so if it rains I can do pull ups and dips

Carrots from my garden

large.WP_20170424_16_06_58_Pro.jpg.814cb3b1a3abb80e1268787f48f7fea3.jpg

• Like 14

Forgot to say, I'm not doing points for my  morning routine but at least occasionally I'll post my checklist for accountability and all that.

Bible_Y_ Kitchen_Y__ Water_Y__ Start 9:30 __Y_ bonus walk or mobility_Y_ bonus early start_Y__

Point Earned 1 point /15

• Like 4

I bought a little packet of carrot seeds which also seem to have different colours. Just says "a blend of cream, orange and purple long tapered carrots" on the back. It's been lying in the cupboard for nearly a year now. Hope they still grow! Oh, and now I found more veggie seeds! Good thing winter is coming up here :pirate:

It is difficult to find that balance between working in the garden and NOT have sinus, or very little sinus so you can still function. :loyal:

• Like 1

hey! I'm getting back into following after a couple of meh and hectic challenges myself. I love this one, it's all about keeping up the good habits.

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Those carrots look amazing. Are they different varieties?

No, they are all from the same packet. Rainbow carrots, aren't they pretty?

15 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I bought a little packet of carrot seeds which also seem to have different colours. Just says "a blend of cream, orange and purple long tapered carrots" on the back. It's been lying in the cupboard for nearly a year now. Hope they still grow! Oh, and now I found more veggie seeds! Good thing winter is coming up here :pirate:

It is difficult to find that balance between working in the garden and NOT have sinus, or very little sinus so you can still function. :loyal:

That's what mind said too. You know you are supposed to store  seeds in the fridge? They get to warm in the cupboard. Sigh, allergies. Today my nose is stuffed up, so no yard work, even though it desperately needs to be done

9 hours ago, karinajean said:

hey! I'm getting back into following after a couple of meh and hectic challenges myself. I love this one, it's all about keeping up the good habits.

Hi there, I need to drop in on your thread and say hello. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Those carrots look incredible.  What a treat!

They were good. I had planted them last fall, and meant to harvest them in the early spring, but forgot:redface-new: Glad they hadn't rotted

• Like 2

Good day today. We had an appointment with our accountant today , and had to leave by 8:30. I was up, dressed, read my Bible, did a good portion of emptying the dishwasher, and had my breakfast. When I have a  appointment, I'm pretty good at getting moving.

Today was the first time we've ever met with our accountant. We really liked him. However, in talking to him, and telling him about our money, we figured out that my sister as executor of the state was supposed to file some paperwork, and she didn't know it. And there could possibly be fines. The accountant said the case he helped they waved the fines, but still , it was  a bit of a worry for me. I've been telling people on the boards not to worry so here is a good time for me to put it into practice. Did some anxiety calmers- reminded myself that we have money in emergency savings-thanked God for all the blessings he's given me so far, remembered the Bible verses how God said not to worry about tomorrow, how in the Sermon on The Mount he said to look at the beautiful flowers and see how well God clothes them and how much more He will take care of us- talked to my husband about my worries, kept busy, and told myself to look at best case scenarios instead of worst case. Still a bit worried, but overall, I'm doing pretty good.

Got my new rings today, and they are super easy to adjust the straps on. 

I'm in a PVP with the Doodlies and this week my challenge is meditation, so I'm off to do that.

Points 2/15

Bible_Yes_ Kitchen _Yes_ Water _Yes Start 9:30 _ Yes__ bonus walk or mobility_ _ bonus early start_ _Yes_

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You know you are supposed to store  seeds in the fridge?

No! Didn't know that... I've never put my seeds in the fridge. They are usually in their foil packet, folded close with a washing peg to "seal" it, or in a little paper envelope so they don't gather moisture like in a plastic baggy. They've usually lasted, but I've never had them so long as these last ones :P The cupboard is luckily in a cold, drafty spot. I actually have some sweet pepper seeds drying in an open plastic bowl on the kitchen window sill. Should have a look and maybe put them in a little paper envelope too. Or maybe put all of them in the fridge, some spot, somewhere.

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I've been telling people on the boards not to worry so here is a good time for me to put it into practice. Did some anxiety calmers- reminded myself that we have money in emergency savings-thanked God for all the blessings he's given me so far, remembered the Bible verses how God said not to worry about tomorrow, how in the Sermon on The Mount he said to look at the beautiful flowers and see how well God clothes them and how much more He will take care of us-

Thanks, been reading these passages as well, and so need to just accept it, and make it part of me - again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Thanks, been reading these passages as well, and so need to just accept it, and make it part of me - again.

Yup.

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Yup.

Me too. I suppose that is why God allows things in our lives, to teach and remind us of His care. I really thought that by the time I was my age, I would have it all figured out, but nope, still practicing and learning.

• Like 1

Belatedly following along! I think this sounds like a great idea. Taking some time to reflect and enjoy is so important. Also that's an AWESOME t-shirt reward!

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

you are doing great, those carrots look amazing!! I would love to have space to grow produce. 

Hope you are well and happy today x

Thanks. Do you have a deck or room for a container? I know some people do veggies just in a container on their back deck.

2 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

Belatedly following along! I think this sounds like a great idea. Taking some time to reflect and enjoy is so important. Also that's an AWESOME t-shirt reward!

Hi there! Thanks, I'm looking forward to earning the shirt.

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Ah garden fresh carrots, what a treat!

Especially this time of year.

13 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks. Do you have a deck or room for a container? I know some people do veggies just in a container on their back deck.

Yes good idea! I will research this! 

• Like 1