• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Remembers To Enjoy The Journey

*adds vote to the EG is awesome pile* you and Spezzy are the two ladies I think of most often in the real world whenever the brain gremlins start telling me 'girls can't XYZ' I kick them to the curb with real life examples from real life ladies (das you!). Absolutely if you wanted to write a blog (or a book even, your story is one I'd wager would inspire a lot of older ladies to stretch those boundaries and I know you read on topics that interest you, I expect others would love to read your story too!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

I'm joining in with everyone else to say how awesome you are and how much your support has meant to me here on NF! You definitely shouldn't be worried about talking about your hobby if you want to, like you said: you listen to others talk about theirs, so you should get to talk about yours :) You don't come across as preachy at all here, so I bet you won't IRL either :) 

Thanks. Everyone here is such an encouragement. Any time I'm down, you guys are  here to lift me up. Thanks so much

16 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

*adds vote to the EG is awesome pile* you and Spezzy are the two ladies I think of most often in the real world whenever the brain gremlins start telling me 'girls can't XYZ' I kick them to the curb with real life examples from real life ladies (das you!). Absolutely if you wanted to write a blog (or a book even, your story is one I'd wager would inspire a lot of older ladies to stretch those boundaries and I know you read on topics that interest you, I expect others would love to read your story too!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just made my day, including me in the same sentence with Spezzy!:)

• Like 4

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I said this to Suzaqu, and I mean it for everyone; when I have a down day, you guys are right here to lift me up. Your encouragement means so much.

Today. started my workout at 9:30. Before  that I read my Bible, made a new recipe with microwave baked oatmeal, emptied the dishwasher, drank 12 oz of water.

Did some gardening today. Fertilized a bunch of flowers. I have a problem with not enjoying working in the garden because I feel like it is a never ending task, and always feel guilty about what's not done. Today I worked on being happy with how pretty the flowers were and what I did get done. 

It was sunny all day, then Mr Incredible came home, and we went for a walk and it started to rain.:( It was supposed to be sunny tomorrow, but now they are saying morning rain, afternoon sun, which around here means it might not get sunny until 5. I am so in need of sunshine.

Workout;

Leg circuit 5 rounds of 5 reps each

squat jump

lunge jump

side lunge

chinese squat 

roll to pistol

2 reps each side 30# TGu

recipes 

Microwave baked oatmeal (nom!) https://lazyassmeals.com/baked-oatmeal-mug

cauliflower rice from my Well Fed cookbook; This link shows the basic recipe, I used her curry variation which used almonds and pineapple. I also use half cauliflower and half rice.That ups my carb a bit and is actually easier on my gut than all cauliflower http://meljoulwan.com/2013/03/30/cauliflower-rice-pilaf/

Mandarin Orange Chicken from my Paleo Indulgence Cookbook. This was amazing! No recipe link. Grill chicken thighs a few minutes on each side, add sauce.Sauce: 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate, 2 Tablespoons soy sauce substitute, red pepper flakes, 1 Tablespoon oil, garlic,1 T. honey Pour sauce over chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened. This is obviously higher in carbs than some Paleo meals, but so good. I'm  going to use this for a company dish

• Like 4

How is the challenge going? :)

I need to do some gardening too, however its demotivation since the guy upstairs just let his dog shit all over it without doing anything about it

Im planning on doing some gardening later today, planting some sweet peas. I only have a little garden area so it doesnt get too out of hand. 

I am glad you worked on being happy, ill try do the same! x

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Norgaard said:

I need to do some gardening too, however its demotivation since the guy upstairs just let his dog shit all over it without doing anything about it

Going well. I'm doing GMB's Ring 1 program. Are you doing any Ring work this challenge?

That would really make me mad. Some people shouldn't be allowed to even own dogs.

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

Im planning on doing some gardening later today, planting some sweet peas. I only have a little garden area so it doesnt get too out of hand. 

I am glad you worked on being happy, ill try do the same! x

Sweet Peas are so pretty!

Thanks, Yes sometimes it does take work to be happy. I'm still mulling on what I need to change. I do think some of it is the long cold, wet, winter and spring we've had this year.

• Like 1

Nose is absolultely driving me crazy  today. Allergies are so bad.Really frustrated with them this year. Seems like any time I work in the ayrd at all, I end up feeling awful.

Today is the day I have friends over.I almost didn't get all my stuff done before they came. My nose was all congested, it was supposed to have been sunny but it was gray instead, really made motivation low. I did finally kick into gear. I now have 7/15 points I need. 

Went walking with my friend. It was getting less gray, still no sun.Sun finally came out as I was doing my workout, so that was nice.

The workout was fun. I was a little low energy, but not bad considering. Today was the first day I did reverse row sit backs, which are amazing. Last year when I did them, they really improved my pull-up. I give a lot of credit to them of breaking my 1 rep pull- up plateau. And I did the jump to inverted hang with the rings starting out about pull up height, which is the highest I've done.

For recipes for the PVP today I made a pineapple smoothie with chia seeds. I've seen Chia seeds recommended for smoothies but never tried it, so I thought this would be a good experiment. The good was a felt energetic and ready for my workout. But the seeds tasted grainy. My protein powder has a tendency to be grainy anyway, so I can't say I'll do that again.

I also tried a n ew recipe for sweet potato fries. You coat the fries with 1 T. salt, let sit for 20 minutes, rinse, pat dry, add oil and roast.They were good, but not really any crisper than doing it without coating in salt first.

For those curious about the ring moves

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Actually a fitness/food blog is a great idea. There aren't that many fit women in your age bracket. It'd fill a niche. You could inspire a lot of people.

I'm thinking on it. On one hand, there are already a zillion blogs, but not that many my age. And the fact that I'm not a super athlete, just a middle age gal who wants to get strong, I think would be inspiring

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Norgaard said:

its going fine! but I somehow have a hard time remember to go on nerdfitness to update... which sucks!

How is the rings going? VIDEOSSS!!!

Im not doing rings this challenges. Busy at uni, and work and being sit and a lot of shit, ment I gained extra weight, and lost the movements I got, and got frustrated and kinda was to hassled to work out, so really just lost confident in doing it, so I took a break form the rings, and now focusing on locomotion, headstand and handstand training, and just moving more. And I love it!

Going back to rings in a month or so probably :)

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm thinking on it. On one hand, there are already a zillion blogs, but not that many my age. And the fact that I'm not a super athlete, just a middle age gal who wants to get strong, I think would be inspiring

Where do I sign up?

• Like 2

On 5/2/2017 at 10:47 PM, Elastigirl said:

Did some gardening today. Fertilized a bunch of flowers. I have a problem with not enjoying working in the garden because I feel like it is a never ending task, and always feel guilty about what's not done. Today I worked on being happy with how pretty the flowers were and what I did get done. 

Glad I'm not alone!  My gardening list keeps growing and growing.  Faster than the flowers, that's for sure.  I bet your flowers ARE super-pretty.  I am sure they are as happy as I am when I'm getting cared for and fed something yummy.

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today was the first day I did reverse row sit backs, which are amazing. 

Thank you for posting this AND the video.  I am doing  rows as part of my outdoor circuit, and I was wondering what else I could do.  I need something that's a babystep, and this seems like it will be really helpful.

So much goodness on your thread since I last checked in.  I love haystack rock photo.  I haven't thought of this place for years, but as soon as you posted it, I remembered a long-ago vacation.  Fond memories!  Add me to the list of subscribers to your new blog.  I am in the right demographic to learn from you and value what you have to say!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Norgaard said:

its going fine! but I somehow have a hard time remember to go on nerdfitness to update... which sucks!

How is the rings going? VIDEOSSS!!!

Im not doing rings this challenges. Busy at uni, and work and being sit and a lot of shit, ment I gained extra weight, and lost the movements I got, and got frustrated and kinda was to hassled to work out, so really just lost confident in doing it, so I took a break form the rings, and now focusing on locomotion, headstand and handstand training, and just moving more. And I love it!

Going back to rings in a month or so probably :)

Sounds like fun, no stress workouts!

I need to figure out how to video for the rings. It's sort of an odd angle, and outside with shadows because it is under our deck. It would be fun though

12 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Where do I sign up?

:)

4 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Glad I'm not alone!  My gardening list keeps growing and growing.  Faster than the flowers, that's for sure.  I bet your flowers ARE super-pretty.  I am sure they are as happy as I am when I'm getting cared for and fed something yummy.

Thank you for posting this AND the video.  I am doing  rows as part of my outdoor circuit, and I was wondering what else I could do.  I need something that's a babystep, and this seems like it will be really helpful.

So much goodness on your thread since I last checked in.  I love haystack rock photo.  I haven't thought of this place for years, but as soon as you posted it, I remembered a long-ago vacation.  Fond memories!  Add me to the list of subscribers to your new blog.  I am in the right demographic to learn from you and value what you have to say!

I'm glad I'm not alone either. My flowers are pretty and now they are well fed and happy.

I love Cannon Beach.It is a super pretty place

• Like 3

well I just used my phone and then set it up on something, a kettle bell, a book or similar, and then at a 45 degree angle in front of the rings. tha worked!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, Elastigirl said:

Forgot to say, I did some barefoot walking on the beach.Thanks to @annyshay for getting me back into the habit. Just for about 5 minutes on the last day, the sand was still wet and super cold, but it still felt good.

giphy.gif

And thank you for continuing to be one of the most awesome online friends that I've got. *hugs* I agree with EVERYBODY that you're awesome and inspirational and totally deserve to talk about what you want to talk about.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Norgaard said:

well I just used my phone and then set it up on something, a kettle bell, a book or similar, and then at a 45 degree angle in front of the rings. tha worked!

I'll try and see what I get

19 minutes ago, annyshay said:

giphy.gif

And thank you for continuing to be one of the most awesome online friends that I've got. *hugs* I agree with EVERYBODY that you're awesome and inspirational and totally deserve to talk about what you want to talk about.

Thanks.Yay, awesome gif!

• Like 1

Wednesday night my nose was so congested I couldn't sleep.  Took a decongestant and it still didn't work, but then I was just wired and congested. Decided to turn off the alarm and sleep in. No points for me for getting going, but no penalty either. It was a gorgeous sunny day, so I went for a walk. Had a wimp moment when I started down a path and saw a garter snake laying in the middle of the path, basking in the sun. I decided to go the other way. He would have probably moved if I had kept going, but snakes freak me out. Took it pretty easy the rest of the day. Watched two episodes of Star Trek Enterprise, which seemed a good way to spend a sick day that was also Star Wars Day.

Fixed #9 of my ten new recipes for my PVP with the Doodlies. I really didn't feel like cooking. I had some chicken thighs so I looked through my cookbooks for an easy crockpot recipe. Found a honey mustard. It called for 1/2 cup of honey, which after I made it and entered it into MFP, I thought, that was a lot of sugar. It was in my Paleo crockpot book. I thought it tasted bland, but my nose was all congested, so hard to tell.

We had a big thunder storm in the evening.After that, my nose was less congested. Maybe the pressure was contributing to the congestion

Today:

Slept good, started the day well. Did my morning routine and started the workout at 9:30.  Ring workout was again fun. I struggle with the dips, but the assisted push ups and the plank I rock. I also did Day 5 of the 21 days of TGU (I forgot to say I did those yesterday too) Yesterday was 4 and today 3, both with 30#. 

Went on a short walk. I need to do some housework. I'll probably end up taking a nap, I still don't feel that great. Better, but still kind of draggy. I also started getting another cold -sore.Taking L-lysine for it. But that's the second one in two months. And I'm really struggling with allergies. Part of that may just be the time of year, but I've also been having a lot more grains (oats, gluten free stuff) and sugar. Going to try and veer closer to Paleo and see if that helps

Going to fix a coconut milk ice cream today for my last recipe. I'm actually combining two recipes, because I wanted to use Truvia (stevia) and I wanted it to be spicy chocolate. I'll tell you how it turns out.

Edit to say:

I forgot to say that I also watched Agents Of SHIELD  last night. They had a long preview for Guardians of the Galaxy, and it looks fabulous. I'm super excited for this. And they had a promo for the new Guadians of The Galaxy Ride at Disneyland, and I'm super pumped to go to Disneyland now in the fall.

• Like 11

On 2017/05/05 at 10:22 PM, Elastigirl said:

We had a big thunder storm in the evening.After that, my nose was less congested. Maybe the pressure was contributing to the congestion

Rain could have "washed" some of the allergens out of the air, so to speak, which helped alleviate your sinus. Spring is usually the worst time for my sinus/allergies.

Had a wimp moment when I started down a path and saw a garter snake laying in the middle of the path, basking in the sun. I decided to go the other way. He would have probably moved if I had kept going, but snakes freak me out.

LOL I don't blame you at all for changing your route when you saw the garter snake on the path! No matter that it is mostly harmless, it is a snake. My brain says stay clear of snakes - period. So it wasn't a wimp moment, it was a wise decision moment.

Taking L-lysine for it. But that's the second one in two months. And I'm really struggling with allergies. Part of that may just be the time of year, but I've also been having a lot more grains (oats, gluten free stuff) and sugar. Going to try and veer closer to Paleo and see if that helps

Oats and starches definitely cause havoc on my skin with pimples, dry patches, etc. not to mention what sugar does to the immune system. More Paleo-ish way of eating should really help and hopefully clear up some of the issues.

Between you and Annyshay I am now so hyped for GG2! The boys watched a preview this morning on Youtube... ai, we have a long time to wait still for the dvd to come out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Machete said:

I see you're doing Scott Iardella's R21. Outstanding. (I'm waiting to get a heavier 'bell for it. I can't stand my improvised 37kg.)

DId day 7 today, after I came back from hiking all day. I'm not doing the bell I was working on for Simple though, I'm doing the 30 lb one, since I do it after my workout.

17 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Rain could have "washed" some of the allergens out of the air, so to speak, which helped alleviate your sinus. Spring is usually the worst time for my sinus/allergies.

LOL I don't blame you at all for changing your route when you saw the garter snake on the path! No matter that it is mostly harmless, it is a snake. My brain says stay clear of snakes - period. So it wasn't a wimp moment, it was a wise decision moment.

Oats and starches definitely cause havoc on my skin with pimples, dry patches, etc. not to mention what sugar does to the immune system. More Paleo-ish way of eating should really help and hopefully clear up some of the issues.

Between you and Annyshay I am now so hyped for GG2! The boys watched a preview this morning on Youtube... ai, we have a long time to wait still for the dvd to come out.

Perhaps on the allergies. We don't really have any poisonous snakes here, so reality is there is no reason to fear them, but still snakes. Hopefully we are going to GG2 son.

15 hours ago, annyshay said:

Two thoughts...

snakes-whyd-it-have-to-be-snakes.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-sneak-peek

You win the best gif award again.

• Like 3

Hey hey EG! Sorry, I went MIA, but I also echo everyone else in saying that, a Fitness blog would probably be right up your alley! You'd be surprized who out there is looking for the answers that you have. Not to mention it'll give you something to bounce your ideas and thoughts off of to help you find the truth amongst the sea of information.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd find it awesome to see snakes if I knew they weren't venomous. :) 

Boo allergies, hope that fine tuning your diet will help!

• Like 2