• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Remembers To Enjoy The Journey

No need to feel guilty about the bees. It's our natural instinct, and sometimes that is just how it is.

51 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Good point on learning. I really enjoy learning new things. One of the things I really enjoyed about homeschooling was learning new things myself. I think I said that to you earlier. That's one of the reasons I'm learning this now, was I remembered how much I enjoyed learning.

Yes, you did say you love learning. As long as you don't feel "not smart", because you are one smart woman :loyal: .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

In other news, I started my day on time. Had friends over. My friend saw my Algebra 2 book and was impressed. I didn't mean to leave it out. I feel like me doing Algebra 2 because I didn't get it the first time is showing that I'm not that smart. But she said she had a similar experience with a bad teacher, and she was impressed that I was doing it. That made me happy. Today I didn't get much done in the book. I was struggling with a problem, and then I had to deal with the bee issue.

I've tried to learn Calculus twice since getting out of school and gave up each time, but you are inspiring me to give it another go.  I dropped it at school also due to a poor teacher and regretted it ever since.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

No need to feel guilty about the bees. It's our natural instinct, and sometimes that is just how it is.

Yes, you did say you love learning. As long as you don't feel "not smart", because you are one smart woman :loyal: .

Thanks Yes, Part of me gets the fact that I had a bad teacher, but another part tells me in'ts because I'm not smart. But, I'm not listening to the part about not being smart enough, because I'm doing it.;)

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I've tried to learn Calculus twice since getting out of school and gave up each time, but you are inspiring me to give it another go.  I dropped it at school also due to a poor teacher and regretted it ever since.

Good for you. If I enjoy Alg. 2, I may try Calculus

• Like 2

Congratulations on the reward! Getting going in the morning is the hardest! I would have had the same reaction to the bees, that's terrifying! I think it's so awesome that you are working on math! I fully believe that anyone who wants to learn math can! Our society has associated math with "smart people" when really it's just a skill and a way of thinking like anything else. 

18 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Congratulations on the reward! Getting going in the morning is the hardest! I would have had the same reaction to the bees, that's terrifying! I think it's so awesome that you are working on math! I fully believe that anyone who wants to learn math can! Our society has associated math with "smart people" when really it's just a skill and a way of thinking like anything else. 

Thanks. I still feel bad about the bees, but it was just sort of instinct, and I don't know if there was much different to do.

I agree, math is a learned skill. One of those things we can feel sort of intimidated by.

• Like 1

Yesterday I started a bit late, 9:45, sort of oh I've earned my reward I can coast now. Not the best attitude, but it's improving. 

It was an active rest day. Walked to  my hair salon. Then we went to a baseball game in the evening. As a thank you for helping someone at work, my husband had been given some tickets that the company gives out as rewards. ,The seats were a couple of rows behind home plate, which was super fun, as we never get that never of seats when we buy our own tickets. I had some tacos, which is a much better choice than hamburgers and fries, and plus as a Ranger it was my Ranger duty;) It was a good game, we were ahead, and then the other team tied it up in the 8th inning, but in the 9th we got another home run. I was a bit afraid we were going to go into overtime, which is not only way past my attention span, but I was already tired. I've been doing really good about getting to bed no later than 11, which is good for sleep, but the downside is about 10, I start winding down and really just want to get in my pj's and read a book.

Today;

Made a decision to sleep in a bit so didn't start until 10. Did my workout, then did my 20th day of TGUS. As I was doing my TGU with the 30lb, and I was tired, I realized , wow after a heavy ring workout, I am able to do 5 reps of TGU, who would have thought that a couple of years ago? I am a reminder to all of you just starting out who feel so weak, and like you will never be strong, that if you show up and do the work you will have results. 

Realized that I've been logging my workouts in the notebook but never here so today I will post it:

On rings:

top position hold 5 secs x 5

assisted dip ( meaning most of the time my feet are on the ground) 8,10,10,10,10

knee pushups 12/12/12/10/9

plank 20 sec x 3

mountain climber  10 x5

TGU with 30 lb 5 reps

• Like 12

Sounds like a great friday! Are you doing a specific TGU program? or just doing some every day?

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I agree, math is a learned skill. One of those things we can feel sort of intimidated by.

Definitely, learning anything new is intimidating, especially if you've had bad experiences in the past (why I hate downhill skiing, and probably will never actually learn.)

• Like 1

Congrats on the awesome t shirt!

And let me be the first to say: you're more than just a reminder. You're an inspiration, you're a guide, a teacher, and wonderful support!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

Sounds like a great friday! Are you doing a specific TGU program? or just doing some every day?

Definitely, learning anything new is intimidating, especially if you've had bad experiences in the past (why I hate downhill skiing, and probably will never actually learn.)

I am doing the Resilient 21 . It has me doing TGU at the end of my regular workout. It's at the bottom of this page http://rdellatraining.com/how-to-have-beautiful-strength-with-the-turkish-get-up

I took ski lessons in Jr High and had a bad experience too. By the time I decided to try again, I decided it was really too expensive

3 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Congrats on the awesome t shirt!

And let me be the first to say: you're more than just a reminder. You're an inspiration, you're a guide, a teacher, and wonderful support!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Aw, thanks.

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I am doing the Resilient 21 . It has me doing TGU at the end of my regular workout. It's at the bottom of this page http://rdellatraining.com/how-to-have-beautiful-strength-with-the-turkish-get-up

I took ski lessons in Jr High and had a bad experience too. By the time I decided to try again, I decided it was really too expensive

Oooo, that sounds awesome! Sadly you cant get the program anymore, but that article makes a lot of sense. That's the same age I was when I tried to learn to ski :)

On 2017/05/19 at 10:07 PM, Elastigirl said:

I am a reminder to all of you just starting out who feel so weak, and like you will never be strong, that if you show up and do the work you will have results.

TRUTH! You are Queen of Tenacity and Inspiration! :loyal: and wise ... and supportive ... and a good friend :P

• Like 5

On 5/20/2017 at 11:43 AM, Suzaqu said:

Oooo, that sounds awesome! Sadly you cant get the program anymore, but that article makes a lot of sense. That's the same age I was when I tried to learn to ski :)

Bummer, I guess the program was just offered for a short time.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:49 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

TRUTH! You are Queen of Tenacity and Inspiration! :loyal: and wise ... and supportive ... and a good friend :P

Thanks.

• Like 1

Challenge Summary;

Met my goal of 15 days starting workout at 9:30! I'm wearing my new t-shirt prize right now.  I like having clothes as a prize, because then when I wear it , it  reminds me that I have accomplished my goal.

I really enjoyed the relaxed pace of my challenge this time. I  was able to see that I have a lot of good habits and routines in place, and just enjoy that.I think I'm going to continue with one goal during the summer.

Other things that I accomplished:

Kept up with my Bible reading

Morning routine is just part of my habits now

Finished Phase One of the GMB Rings

Did 20 days of Turkish Get up for the Resilient 21 program

lots of walking

Geocaching

Scrapbooking

times with friends

slept an average of 7 and half hours a night

Competed in the Doodlie vs Non Doodlie PVP, fixing 10 new recipes in a week

• Like 6

3 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I especially dig the list of extra accomplishments including "time with friends". you do good work.

Thanks. As an introvert, I need to push myself a bit to actually make the time and get together with friends. I enjoy it once I do,just have to make sure I don't get too stuck in my loner mentality.:)

• Like 2