Achievement unlocked: biking uphill streak

Our apartment is almost at the very top of a not-impossible-but-still-rather-steep hill, one that starts where you turn at a stoplight. Sometimes we are lucky enough to have the green light or no traffic so we don't have to start going uphill from a near standstill, but only sometimes, and even then we have to slow down enough to make that sharp turn just before heading uphill. It's not easy, and for most of the past year I've just biked about 2/3 of the way up it or less and then walked my bike the rest of the way back. I just didn't have the strength or the energy to get all the way up, and when I did, it was a rarity. But this past week, I've gotten all the way to the top and into the parking area without stopping three times in a row now! The last two times it's been two consecutive days even, and tonight it was even from a standstill, because we had to wait for buses that were turning at the stoplight and only had the time crossing the intersection to get up momentum. I'm a bit out of breath by the time I park still, and my left thigh feels really tight afterwards (luckily I can walk it off a bit on the way inside and up to our floor), but I'm feeling really proud of myself, especially since my cheap little mamachari is five years old now with crappy brakes, no lights, and no gears. Clearly something is going right!

• Like 1

Wow, that's awesome! That's a great accomplishment! Hills are hard, especially steep ones. Congratulations!

• Like 1

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~