Team Discussion Thread: The Magnificent Mellogoths

Anim07734

9 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

@Darth Yoga @Flex Luthor @Love_Of_Snuggles @Plitog @RogueLibrarian @Toxophilite @Finisterre

My fellow Mellogoths!!

Hear ye--

I know we have a lot of week left, but right now if both teams help the monsters then I'm not sure we can take everyone. Especially when Finisterre isn't feeling well. What say you to trading a treasure for allies?

Or do we just band together and be MAGNIFICENT? Do extra work to make sure everyone else goes down in fire!! Mwahaha.

Game of Thrones season 3 gif -->

Hide contents

She-Delivers-Sickest-Burn-Most-Literal-S

I'm here for banding together and burning them to the ground!  My cold seems to be abating (*dances*) and I have both class and open training tonight.  ALL THE CONDITIONING!!

200.gif#6-grid3

• Like 2

Fiona - Assassin

Horses ~ Circus ~ Rats ~ Genetics

Four week challenges: 1 2 3 (Failed) 4 5

Current challenge: Here

4 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

That's correct, and it's already calculated into the posted team score.  As the team average changes, your point contribution will automatically update.

Oh wow. Look at these fancy formulas. Damn. I'm impressed. :D

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

3 hours ago, Finisterre said:

I'm here for banding together and burning them to the ground!  My cold seems to be abating (*dances*) and I have both class and open training tonight.  ALL THE CONDITIONING!!

200.gif#6-grid3

2 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

So say we all? I threw in some pull-ups and push-ups last night on a rest day SPECIFICALLY for this challenge.

5 hours ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

Sorry for the delay in logging. Just updated. Will keep going. 

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

Smallville_power_walk_3835.jpg

No worries, Snuggles!!

• Like 1

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap

Lookin' good guys!! We're about halfway through the week! 

We really need @Darth Yoga and @Toxophilite to hop in there and add some numbers. Every little bit helps! 

We can do this guys!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darth Yoga said:

I haven't gotten online, but I've been doing daily workouts, and nearly all of it falls into the sub-20 AMRAP range. Yay kettlebells!

Checking spreadsheet.... Target: 80. Our score: 1676.9 :D Go team!

Sweet justice!! Awesome!
giphy.gif

5 hours ago, JediNickD said:

To avoid being sabotaged by the Meddlers, would your team like the Wholly Averagers to help?  Our Total Points are meager, but they would be enough to guarantee victory.  The Restraining Order treasure would be excellent compensation for our assistance.  Please discuss with your team.

So this happened, thoughts?

55 minutes ago, Lilmissbri said:

Ooo, drama!

Okay, we would have three weeks to earn more treasure if we did this. (And do we also get a treasure from beating the orcs?) I'm okay with it if you all want to make an alliance, but let's discuss before we jump in.

Also, I just backstabbed the Band of Orcs (is that how this works?) with another workout this afternoon. One exercise in my routine I think I can do 20+ AMRAP so I didn't count it.

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

4 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

The Restraining Order appears to be our best piece of treasure at the moment, and I'd hate to see it used against us in a future round.  The other treasure seems less valuable.  It doesn't seem like a 2-3 point increase on the average will do much other than allow 4-6 additional reps from whomever has the lead.  Perhaps one of those treasures would be a suitable offer?

Something else to consider - perhaps we don't bargain with the Restraining Order, but promise not to use it in the future against the team that helps us now?

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

6 hours ago, Plitog said:

Something else to consider - perhaps we don't bargain with the Restraining Order, but promise not to use it in the future against the team that helps us now?

I like this idea.

So if we lose this fight, are we out of the mini? I would think that'd be counter productive, but maybe we lose a treasure. And like you said, we have 3 more weeks to gain treasures. We could make the decision last minute. (Tomorrow)

I would like to hear what others have to say before any final decisions.

I couldn't help over hearing you guys discussing a potential deal with the Wholly Averagers... maybe I shouldn't lean so heavily with my ear against the door.

Anyway, for winning the encounter, your team will receive TWO treasurers (the Orcs guitars).  Losing you will spend ONE treasure (on tickets to the Orcs show).  I also see the treasures not having a lot of valuable use outside of the Restraining Order, which is why I requested it in trade for services.  Using or equipping a treasure will count against a team's overall count of treasure.  Unless the bounty from an encounter is formidable, I don't see teams using or equipping much.  Either way, part of the deal can be we won't use the Restraining Order against the Mellogoths.  I see that as a fair requirement.

Waiting until the last moment could be troublesome as it takes two members of a team to suggest and second an action.  For a deal between two teams, that is four people.  I don't know about you guys or my team members, but I won't be online Saturday night.  I'll probably be in a movie theater watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 or in the middle of a RPG (it is International Table Top Day tomorrow!).  I can put a reminder on my phone, but I feel it would be best to get the details square today and propose it in the main thread.  Then tomorrow, you guys can make your final decision.

So, the Wholly Averagers help the Mellogoths side in the encounter with the Averager's full point score for the Restraining Order treasure with the stipulation that Averagers will not use it against the Mellogoths during any of the next encounters.

After the encounter win, both of our teams will be at 4 treasures with the Meddlers at only 3.    

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

I think what we meant was that we wouldn't use the Restraining Order against YOU instead of giving you the treasure. Haha.

But yes, but deciding last minute (ie. Friday) I meant today. That way we have a little time before Saturday night. 

Again, I want to wait for my team before decisions are made. I'll be gone tonight as I have class, but I'll check it out on Saturday.

@Anim07734 Do the other teams have to help or hinder? Or can they just stand back for the week?

If they are able stand back, we could handle the Orcs even if The Wholly help the orcs. We are really only in trouble if The Dragons help the orcs. So.... Yeah. LOL OH STRATEGY!!! If they have to either help or hinder, then I feel taking the Wholly deal is worth it.

57 minutes ago, Lilmissbri said:

I think what we meant was that we wouldn't use the Restraining Order against YOU instead of giving you the treasure. Haha.

Where's the dislike button?

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

17 minutes ago, JediNickD said:

Where's the dislike button?

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Or we could offer them a lesser treasure as a compromise. I'm good with that if we don't want to give up the Restraining Order.

Yeah, I the Restraining Order is literally our best Treasure. I feel odd giving it away the first week! Especially when our team is doing so well. If they do help the orcs out of spite, we can still beat both Wholly and the Orcs. That doesn't do well for them because then they would be down a treasure. 

Remember everyone! (@Darth Yoga @Flex Luthor @Love_Of_Snuggles @Plitog @RogueLibrarian @Toxophilite @Finisterre) We have to put in all our numbers before Saturday!! I'm reminding now so that you have enough time. In case you are like Darth and go offline a bit. :o)

1 minute ago, Flex Luthor said:

I'm assuming both teams can't help the orcs or the fighting team would never win. Unless I'm missing something.

There are two spaces for the teams on the sheet. They very well could if they want to gang up on one team. Or... at least that's how I read it.

I just added a couple dozen reps. I was going to go climbing, but the wall was closed so I did some cardio and push/pull-ups. Bad for my plan, good for the team.

I'm not hearing much enthusiasm for trading away the Restraining Order, and (at least on the US east coast) it's late Friday afternoon. Are we full-steaming ahead on our own with hubris in our hearts, risking being dogpiled by the opposition? (I mean, I'm okay with that if that's the plan. I'm all for hubris.)

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"