Beginning the journey to become someone else

Dark Artemis

In order to start out on this journey to be a better version of myself I need to challenge myself. My main goal is to be healthier, stronger, faster, more focused and push the limits of what I am made of. 

With that I mind I am happy to say that I have decided to do a 4 week challenge. 

My Fitness/Diet Quest

1. Do the fitness program: Couch to 5k (you gotta start somewhere right).
  2. Eat at least one vegetable at every meal.
  3. Drink a minimum of 4 glasses of water per day.

My Level up goal:

1. Making my bed everyday (I know my hardest thing to do as a adult. Maybe it will make me slow down, not rush and improve focus)

I will keep this up to date with my progress. Hopefully it will make me accountable.

• Like 4

To define is to limit.~ Oscar Wilde

Just popped in to recommend the Zombies, Run! 5K training app. It uses the Couch to 5K training program, but adds on an awesome story that makes it more fun and motivational. 

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!

Welcome to the party! let us know if there's anything we can do to help you. :)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 4/21/2017 at 6:03 PM, Severine said:

Just popped in to recommend the Zombies, Run! 5K training app. It uses the Couch to 5K training program, but adds on an awesome story that makes it more fun and motivational. 

Severvine, just checked out that Zombies, Run! 5k training. I like that it treats Couch to 5k like an IRL video game.

• Like 1

Zombies, Run! is amazing for both it's 5k and for its main (which you can walk to if you want instead - though you are being chased by zombies). My only issue was with the app size, but then again my phone is getting along with age.

How has week 1 been treating you so far? Your habits look really good, so are you struggling with them? You got any advice to share, or do you need some encouraging?

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

First off thank you for all the advice and encouragement so far. 

Week one update: At first is was a rocky start probably because the challenge started on a Sunday. As for C24K  I did not get as many in as I wanted (or one the chart for the first week) for a lot of reasons such as work/classes, prior engagements and lack of energy at the end of the day. Any advice on the best ways to include workouts into a day I am all ears. For drinking water and eat vegetables some days where better than others. The main reason is some days I had an in house lunch meeting or fundraiser that I did not take into account. I really do not have an idea how to work around that one but hopefully will find a way. Otherwise eating vegetables and drinking water has started out easier than I thought it would

Lessons so far: 1. seeing my goals in the morning and at night  has helped. I have them on my bedroom door so I can check them off at the end of the day.  2. drinking water more as started to become easier because I decide to get a cup that would enjoy drinking out of and also not have any other options for beverages has helped. 3. Plan ahead as much as possible seems to work for me

Hopefully I can keep this up and improve for the rest of the challenge.

• Like 1

Great attitude!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi