• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Muddy Belle

The Backstory

with James having recently undergone her transformation from jtggodqos to the cracked belle, it was time to really push herself to the next step.  with her best friend and partner Brian, James made her way towards the land of Mud Monsters.  great turmoil was engulfing the land as creatures of all types were caking the innocent residents in gunk, setting up barricades and cages all over, preventing even those who broke free of the muck from successfully leaving to get help.

James knew this was going to be her most daunting and most difficult task ever.  with a set of thirteen or so fights during the war, James could not let individual defeats prevent her from winning overall.  moreover, James was still dealing with injuries incurred in previous battles.  she had to ensure that no matter her mood or mindset on a given day, she was going to push hard and train harder.

will James's striving for perfectionism get in the way of success?  will she be able to overcome her injuries, working to strengthen them while still knowing when to let them heal?  will she be able to save the people in the land overtaken by the Mud Monsters?  stay tuned to find out!!

The Frontstory

I used to be very active in NerdFitness and with my fitness improvement process.  (if you don't recognise me, it's because I used to hang out with the Rebels or Adventurers.)  but so many changes occurred in my life (including moving literally to the other side of the country) that I got off track, and I've yet to get back on.

well, it's time.  Brian and I signed up for a Tough Mudder in July, and I HAVE to be ready for it.  I have three months to train.  I can't back out now; no excuses will be sufficient; and I will have to really give it my all.

so for the next three months, I will be focused on HIIT, lifting, and jogging practices.  so let's see how it goes....

The Goals

QUEST:  Fight (Tough Mudder)

1]  INPUT:  keep caloric intake paleo-influenced and under 1600kcal, on average

-  kcal may be edited after additional research and experimentation.

-  I can't do strict paleo (tried and repeatedly failed), but I can make it the direction in which I aim.
          2]  OUTPUT:  exercise everyday (even just 10-minutes of walking or jump roping)

-  unless otherwise planned, daily workouts are to occur first thing every morning.

-  I'm following the fitness routine the Tough Mudder website suggested to prepare for the Half (I'm not fit enough to do the whole 10-miles and 21 obstacles yet).

-  on the plan's rest days, I will at least do a walk or something.  just to keep my body active and to stay in the routine of working out daily.

QUEST:  Create

3]  BLOG:  create a blog schedule and stick to it

-  currently thinking about first one on Tue, a second on Thu, and a third over the weekend.

QUEST:  Learn

4]  SPANISH:  earn 30pts in Duolingo's Spanish course every day

-  it's really just as simple as that.  takes 20-30 minutes a day..

cropped-church02_vt.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, cracked_belle said:

I signed up for a Tough Mudder in July, and I HAVE to be ready for it.

Hehe I know how this feels! Best of luck with your training. You got this! 

On 4/21/2017 at 2:33 PM, jonfirestar said:

Hehe I know how this feels! Best of luck with your training. You got this! 

have you done one before?

I have experience in other adventures runs, but they focused on the running.  I'm excited to do something that more obstacle-heavy! :D 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2017 at 9:46 PM, cracked_belle said:

have you done one before?

I have experience in other adventures runs, but they focused on the running.  I'm excited to do something that more obstacle-heavy! :D 

Heaven's no, but my first one is in 2 weeks so... yeah. Although having signed up for it those months back has kept me honest and on track so I'm grateful for it.

so I broke my Goals down in four items: Input, Output, Blog, and Spanish.  I'll first list the day's score, then I'll list the week's score.  all of that is similar to how I would do it in the past.

but I also want to try something new.  on days where I don't get my points, I want to note a lesson learned or solution to prevent a lack of points from again occurring.  I need to start being more proactive.

Monday, 24 April, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • went way over my caloric goal.  LESSON: I need to better plan for meals on Date Night.
  • Output:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • went back to sleep after my alarm went off, thinking Brian would get up later, as he usually does, and wake me.  well, he did not; neither of us got a workout in yesterday.  LESSON: don't assume Brian is going to workout on a given morning; so don't use him as a secondary alarm.
  • Blog:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • I'll be blogging on Tue, Thu, and either Sat or Sun.
    • Tue's point will rely on writing.  Wed's point will rely on starting a list of topics about which to write.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • I simply reviewed a second batch of verbs.  only 30-pts earned -- but better than zero!
  • Total:  2/4 --> 2/4
    • not the best start.  but better than I originally expected.
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2017 at 7:48 AM, jonfirestar said:

Heaven's no, but my first one is in 2 weeks so... yeah. Although having signed up for it those months back has kept me honest and on track so I'm grateful for it.

yeah, I later went to your page and read.  and I didn't really keep to workouts in the past until I had an event deadline, such as now.  I've previously done zombie runs and the like.  I stayed on track then.  but if I'm not working towards something, I tend to get lazy about my commitment.

• Like 1

Tuesday, 25 April, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 0/2
    • went over my caloric goal again when I went out with friends.  it wasn't the food -- it was the drinks.
    • LESSON:  I need to better plan for meals anytime they will be atypical.  maybe skip meals or at least eat less if I'm going to drink.  or get more of a workout in the morning of.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 1/2
    • I wasn't able to do much, but I did some.  only earned 221-pts in Fitocracy, though.  :apthy:
  • Blog:  0/1 --> 1/2
    • didn't write anything for my Tue blogging. :(
    • Lesson:  I may need to set aside a specific time to do this.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 2/2
    • started on determiners and earned 50-pts.  (daily goal is actuall 30-pts.)
  • Total:  2/4 --> 4/8
    • I had hoped Tuesday would have been better.

Wednesday, 26 April, 2017

• Input:  1/1 --> 1/3
    • had some cookies at a volunteer event that took up a lot of my calories.  I was only 100kcal over my goal, though.  so that's close enough for a win right now.  I'll get more strict as my habits get better.
    • I had to skip dinner to make up for the cookies, so that sucked.  did learn a Lesson, though.
    • LESSON:  don't eat anything I didn't make and account for in my meal plan, even if it's free.  (even though free food always tastes better, lol.)
  • Output:  0/1 --> 1/3
    • another day where I just didn't have it in me.  I may yet ask Brian about my joining 9Round afterall....
  • Blog:  0/1 --> 1/3
    • not only did I not make up for not writing Tuesday, but I also didn't start a list of blog ideas.  major lameo!!
    • Lesson:  specific time really needs to be set, lol.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 3/3
    • reviewed determiners for 40-pts.  I'm on a roll with this one!
  • Total:  2/4 --> 6/12
    • I really need to creep over this 50% mark. :(

so we're into day four of my Challenge, and I'm hanging out at half points for every day.  I haven't quite found a pattern yet of my lackings, other than the fact that I lose track of time and/or that I'm just fucking lazy.  D:

I actually went to bed early last night because I was in a bad headspace regarding my exercising, the Tough Mudder, and my eating.  so of course, all of my dreams last night were about those topics.  UGH.  this is so frustrating.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Howdy! Jumping over from the OCR group to follow!

welcome, welcome! :D  it's not very active in my thread, sorry.  I've been on NF forums for a while, but that was moons ago.  I'm not sure where a lot of my buddies from then have gone.  :/  so I'm excited to make new ones.  thanks for stopping by!

• Like 1

Thursday, 27 April, 2017

• Input:  0.5/1 --> 1.5/4
    • I was doing great -- until I had a bunch of sunflower seeds.
    • LESSON:  I won't be buying anymore sunflower seeds when I go to the grocery store.  I need to cut back on my snacking, even though it's always on healthy nuts.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 2/4
    • I did it.  albeit, it was in the afternoon, and I had an nervous fit in the middle of the damn routine.  --but I fucking did it.
    • Brian and I ran some numbers, and I'll probably be doing 9Round afterall! :D  I'm going by after work to ask a few more questions.  depending on the answers, I'll be signing up then!
  • Blog:  1/1 --> 2/4
    • I made two posts, actually.  one just about my Nerd Fitness goals, and one of actual content.  \thumbs up\
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 4/4
    • now I just have to keep it up during the weekend...
  • Total:  3.5/4 --> 9.5/12
    • woohoo!! :D  79-percent.  we're getting there!
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2017 at 3:36 PM, cracked_belle said:

I actually went to bed early last night because I was in a bad headspace regarding my exercising, the Tough Mudder, and my eating.

It could be worse! You could get stuck sick just a week out of the event... a :angel:

You just need to build yourself some momentum and you can get there. Otherwise do what I've been doing today and torture yourself with obstacle videos from this years events ;) 

On 4/28/2017 at 11:36 AM, Salinger said:

Hey will follow along, pretty impressed you are doing Tough Mudder, keep going you can do it :D

thanks!  I'm really stoked about it -- but also very terrified, lol.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:56 PM, jonfirestar said:

It could be worse! You could get stuck sick just a week out of the event... a :angel:

You just need to build yourself some momentum and you can get there. Otherwise do what I've been doing today and torture yourself with obstacle videos from this years events ;) 

ugh, yes.  I was doing that the other day with the videos.  while watching them, I was just like, "I'm going to die."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cracked_belle said:

ugh, yes.  I was doing that the other day with the videos.  while watching them, I was just like, "I'm going to die."

Right!? Don't panic! I actually decided no! It's not going to change anything knowing what is coming. I'm either going to be able to do it or not no point panicking myself over it. I'll take it as it comes. So I stopped looking up the obstacles. 

• Like 1

sorry for my absence this weekend.  I've got a lot of threads to catch up on.  but first, I'll update mine.

Friday, 28 April, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1.5/5
    • I know that Tuesdays and Fridays I will almost always go over my caloric limit -- Date Night is Tue; and Brian and I have Din-Din (dinner) together on Fridays, and we usually get a Stouffers Family Dinner thing.
    • LESSON:  but bearing this in mind I need to account for those extra calories on other days.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 3/5
    • so I didn't actually workout to earn this point.  however, I am very proud to announce that I am now a (cardio) kickboxer. :D  I'm super stoked about that.  anyway, I didn't do a workout because I had plans that night already, but I did do all the paperwork and whatnot.
  • Blog:  0/0 --> 2/2
    • Mon, Wed, and Fri will usually be 0/0 -- unless I randomly write something or work on my topic list (bonus points!) -- as my writing schedule is Tue, Thu, and Sat/Sun.
    • I incorrectly was counting days in the total that I wasn't scheduled to write, so this is my corrected score.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 5/5
    • only 30-pts, but that's all I need..
  • Total:  2/3 --> 11.5/13
    • that's much better.  \nods\
    • again, having to adjust the score due to the extra blogging points.

Saturday, 29 April, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1.5/6
    • I went to a Maker's Mark Ambassador event and consumed the various unhealthy foods and drinks there.
    • LESSON:  it was a special occasion, but I should have done better.  I need to go in with a caloric goal for specifically while I'm there, and log anything I eat before I eat it.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 4/6
    • omg, it was so much fun, but I was so tired.  when I got home, Brian's like, "your face is so red."
  • Blog:  0.5/1 --> 2.5/3
    • I just posted results from an in-depth political leaning quiz, so only half a point.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 6/6
    • yes!  I didn't think I would keep the streak going, but I am.  I also joined a Duoling "club" (mobile feature only) with a few friends.  so now I have competition.  >:D
  • Total:  2.5/4 --> 14/17
    • I'm looking at this and I think my math got fubared somewhere up there.....  :/

Sunday, 30 April, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1.5/7
    • omg, so much alcohol, lol.  I'll just leave it at that.
    • LESSON:  one to relearn -- beer has lots of empty calories.
  • Output:  0.5/1 --> 4.5/7
    • I didin't do my kickboxing because it's closed on Sundays .  Sundays are automatically my "rest" days, but I was still wanting to do something.  I worked a volunteer event wherein I walked a hella ton more than I anticipate, and I had a migraine when I got home.  so I'll do half a point for the running around at the volunteer event.
  • Blog:  0/0 --> 2.5/3
    • no post was necessary, as I made on Saturday.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 7/7
    • OMG, I went a whole week?!  awesome!!  I usually drop the ball on the weekends.
  • Total:  3.5/4 --> 17.5/24
    • ended the week at 73%.  I'll take it for now.  but I've got to improve.
    • LESSON:  my weakness is Input; I've gotta pay more attention to what I'm consuming.  I didin't get anymore sunflower seeds from the store.  instead, I got some veggies to dehydrate for snacks; so we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Right!? Don't panic! I actually decided no! It's not going to change anything knowing what is coming. I'm either going to be able to do it or not no point panicking myself over it. I'll take it as it comes. So I stopped looking up the obstacles. 

that's an excellent way to look at it!

• Like 1

Weekly Progress

• Week 01:  17.5/24
  • Week 02:  3/3

Monday, 01 May, 2017

• Input:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • I had cookies at a meeting, so I skipped dinner.  not the best solution, I know; but I'm working on it.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • did great.  really got a hardcore workout in.
  • Blog:  0/0 --> 0/0
    • no post was necessary.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • keeping the streak going still!.
  • Total:  3/3 --> 3/3
    • 100%, motherfuckers! :D  I'm stoked!
  • Like 3

Weekly Progress

• Week 01:  17.5/24 = 72.9%
  • Week 02:  5/7 = 71.4%

Tuesday, 02 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1/2
    • had Chinese takeout for date night.  I had stopped halfway through and planned on saving the rest.  I literally started eating it again a little later totally subconsciously.  I was talking to Brian, and I just noticed that I was suddenly eating again.  instead of stopping again, I just finished it off.
    • giphy.gif
    • LESSON:  when I'm done with done (I'm working on portion control), I need to move the food away from me to keep from unknowingly eating at it again.
  • Output:  0/1 --> 1/2
    • I felt unwell in the morning -- I couldn't move, I was super tired (fell asleep all day at work), and my throat was burning a little.  I wanted to at least get a short walk or bike ride in, but I neglected to.
    • LESSON:  I'm going to put motivational pictures and the like by my alarm clock and my meds, so I'll see them when I first get up and feed the cat.  hopefully, that will encourage me to stay up and do something.
  • Blog:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • success!  I bitched about my insurance situation.
  • Spanish:  1/1 --> 2/2
    • got 50-points this time around.
  • Total:  2/4 --> 5/7
    • well, I'll just have to do better tomorrow.

• Like 2

Weekly Progress

• Week 02:  6.5/10 = 65%

Wednesday, 03 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1/3
    • had a rough day, so had a few adult beverages in the evening.  put my over my caloric goal.
    • LESSON:  enter in planned drinks before even purchasing them as a deterrent to drink at all.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 2/3
    • still need to put up those pictures.  but I managed to hit the gym anyway.  did great!
  • Blog:  N/A --> 1/1
    • no entry necessary for today.
  • Spanish:  0.5/1 --> 2.5/3
    • I did really easy ones just to keep my streak going.  it was still practice, so I get points.  but it wasn't very challenging or new, so only half a point.
    • LESSON:  set an alarm at work to remind me to study Spanish earlier in the day (rather than waiting till the last minute as I did today).
  • Total:  1.5/3 --> 6.5/10
    • ouch.  that really messed up my average for the week.  I need to pick it back up.
  • Like 2

firstly~, I fell ill over the weekend, to the point wherein I missed work yesterday from feeling unwell.

secondly, I'll try to catch up on your various threads as I can.  ...I've got a LOT of reading to do, though, so be patient. :(

thirdly, due to being unwell, I didn't really track anything, to say the least.  but here's a General Recap:

• INPUT:  I'm sure I did poorly on eating.  unless I'm actively paying attention, I eat over my goal.  #TheEnd
  • OUTPUT:  I worked out Friday, took Sat off, and gym was closed on Sun.  by Mon, I was feeling horrid, so decided to try Tue/Thu/Sat this week.  Tue morn, I knew I couldn't even go in to work.  (I did, however, go workout this morning (Wed 05-10), albeit with less intensity than usual.)
  • BLOG:  all of the nopes.
  • SPANISH:  I was doing good until Monday; I lost my streak then, and didn't do anything yesterday.  but I plan to start a new one today.

point-wise, I'm just nixing those days.  if I were to tabulate, I'd have to balance a lot of those zeroes out with some half points in knowing to take it easy on Monday and Tuesday.

Lessons:

don't cram so much into my weekends, especially during Vagina Volcano times (as I am much more susceptible to falling ill then, anyway).

try to track things, even if it's writing it down on scrap paper to enter into the PC later.  I need to know how I'm doing even when I'm not on schedule.  it can help guide me to how to handle being ill or off-schedule in the future.

so tomorrow, I'll do my normal recap of the previous day, and we'll just work off points from Wed to Sun for the week.

Weekly Progress

• Week 03 (partial):  %
  • Week 02 (partial):  6.5/10 = 65%
  • Like 3

Weekly Progress

• Running Total:  26/37 = 70.3%
    • Week 03 (partial):  2/3 = 66%
    • Week 02 (partial):  6.5/10 = 65%

Wednesday, 10 May, 2017

• Input:  0.5/1 --> 0.5/1
    • I had leftovers from Domino's.  but I didn't snack and eat more on top of that.  so half a point.
  • Output:  1.5/1 --> 1.5/1
    • I went to kickboxing! :D  despite still recovering, I went.  I just didn't over-exert myself (and I probably will not go at all on Thursday).  I get an extra half point for being BOSS! about it.
  • Blog:  N/A --> 0/0
    • no entry necessary for today.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • meh.  didn't have time get around make time to study.
    • LESSON:  set that damn alarm at work.
  • Total:  2/3 --> 2/3 = 66%
    • for my first Recovery Day, I'm okay with this score.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cracked_belle said:

I went to kickboxing! :D  despite still recovering, I went.  I just didn't over-exert myself (and I probably will not go at all on Thursday).  I get an extra half point for being BOSS! about it.

tenor.gif

That sounds fair to me! 

• Like 1

Weekly Progress

• Running Total:  27.5/40 = 68.75%
    • Week 03 (partial):  3.5/6 = 58%
    • Week 02 (partial):  6.5/10 = 65%
    • Week 01:  17.5/24 = 72.92%

Thursday, 11 May, 2017

• Input:  0.5/2 --> 1/2
    • I went a few hundred calories over my goal, but I stayed under my absolute line.  so a half point.
    • LESSON:  it was the snacks that killed me. :(
  • Output:  0/0 --> 1.5/1
    • as stated yesterday, today's attendance was optional.  and I opted for additional sleep.
  • Blog:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • wrote about how meh and blah I've been feeling.  so nothing of real substance, but at least I'm getting active on there again.
    • NOTE:  I need to catch up in reading the posts of those I follow.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/2
    • not gonna lie, I didn't even bother.  I doubt I will tomorrow/Friday either (just being honest).  I'm hoping to kick it back into gear over the weekend, though.
    • LESSON:  set that damn alarm at work.  [this will repeat until I set the alarm.  why wait?  I just now created a repeating alarm.]
  • Total:  1.5/3 --> 3.5/6 = 58%
    • dragging my week down with today.  #NotCool
  • Like 2