• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 5/12/2017 at 4:56 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I don't remember if I told you this yet, at least four of us nerds are doing the fall hammer race.  You should do it too. 

ooh, that looks interesting.  I'll have to ask my chequebook for permission, lol.  but I'll let you know what we decide.

• Like 2

Friday, 12 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1/3
    • surpassed goal grossly.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 2.5/2
    • I did it!  I'm still not back up to par, but I was there.
  • Blog:  0.5/0 --> 1.5/1
    • I do some reading of blogs, so half a bonus point..
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/3
    • ignored the alarm when it went off, lol.  oops.
  • Total:  1.5/3 --> 6/9 = 66.66%
    • picking it back up

Saturday, 13 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1/4
    • had some alcohol, which pushed me way over my goal.
    • LESSON:  need to determine new rules regarding calorie expectation on nights I consume alcohol.
  • Output:  0/1 --> 2.5/4
    • did not have plans to kickbox, but should have at least done something.
  • Blog:  0/0 --> 1.5/1
    • missed today, so I'll have to write tomorrow.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/4
    • I have a feeling this weekend will not be as successful as I had originally hoped.
  • Total:  0/3 --> 6/12 = 50%
    • OUCH.

Sunday, 14 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 1/5
    • ate out; should have gotten a salad, but got pasta instead.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 3.5/5
    • didn't get a workout in, per say.  but walked over 14,000 steps around town and while working a festival.
  • Blog:  0/1 --> 1.5/2
    • :(
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/5
    • I have a feeling this weekend will not be as successful as I had originally hoped.
  • Total:  1/4 --> 7/17 = 41.18%
    • I'm really disappointed in how this week went.  but as I was sick, I am going to try to not be too hard on myself.

~~ NEW WEEK.  time to start fresh! ~~

Monday, 15 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • had snacks at work, and finished up the beer from the weekend.
    • LESSON:  I didn't plug in my meals for the week yet, so as to see where I already stand with my planned eats.  need to do that.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 1/1
    • I feel like I'm back to normal exertion (having recovered from being sick).  kickboxing went swell.
  • Blog:  0/0 --> 0/0
    • no posts were necessary today.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • alarm is set and continues to be ignored. :(
  • Total:  1/3 --> 1/3 = 33.33%
    • I'm really disappointed, again -- this time for not starting off with a bang.
    • I need to do these reviews at the end of the day, rather than the following morning, so I can stoke myself for the following day.

Tuesday, 16 May, 2017

• Input:  0/1 --> 0/2
    • had a huge burrito; but it was Date Night, so that's okay.  what was not okay was the snacks at work. :(
    • LESSON:  I'M PUTTING IN MY FOODS AS SOON AS THIS REVIEW IS OVER, including anticpating when I will eat on Thursday when eating out with a friend.
  • Output:  0/1 --> 1/2
    • my new workout schedule for this and next week are to be: kickboxing on Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri; light weights or cardio at home on Wed, Sat, Sun 
    • but I was exhausted this morning for some reason, so I chose sleep. :(  I'll try to make today's points up by working out tomorrow, though I still get a zero for doing nothing today.
  • Blog:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • I started to write, then never finished.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/1
    • I don't know what my resistance is to doing this.  it's not difficult.  it's just no longer interesting to me.  it's a chore rather than additional knowledge.  maybe it will get easier once I get into another round of language rules and past this bout of straight term memorization.
    • (my undergrad was Linguistics, FYI.  so I love learning the rules and guidelines of languages, such as conjugations and declensions.)
  • Total:  0/4 --> 1/7 = 14.29%
    • I need to do these reviews at the end of the day, rather than the following morning, so I can stoke myself for the following day.

Weekly Progress

• Running Total:  
    • Week 04:  1/7 = 14.29%
    • Week 03 (partial):  7/17 = 41.18%
    • Week 02 (partial):  6.5/10 = 65.00%
    • Week 01:  17.5/24 = 72.92%
  • Like 2

Wednesday, 17 May, 2017

• Input:  1.5/1 --> 1.5/3
    • I went only 100kcal over my goal, so that's fine by me!  I also did not stop to get alochol on the way home like i wanted.  so and extra half point for that!!.
  • Output:  1/1 --> 2/3
    • yay!  I went, and I kicked butt.
  • Blog:  0/0 --> 0/1
    • no update necessary.
    • if I ever catch up on reading everyone else's, I'll get Bonus Points.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/3
    • \le sigh\
  • Total:  2.5/3 --> 3.5/10 = 35.00%
    • if today was so successful, why did I still like shit when I went to bed?  I hate depression.

Weekly Progress

• Running Total:  34.5/61 = 56.56%
    • Week 04:  3.5/10 = 35.00%
  • Like 1

Thursday, 18 May, 2017

• Input:  0.5/1 --> 2/4
    • food-wise, I did well.  but I drank a lot; so there's that.
  • Output:  0/1 --> 2/4
    • Brian and I decided that maybe it's just that the day after I hit the gym, I need a break.  because those or the days wherein I miss.
  • Blog:  1/1 --> 1/2
    • two posts, although one was just a reblog, lol.
    • if I ever catch up on reading everyone else's, I'll get Bonus Points.
  • Spanish:  0/1 --> 0/3
    • I just don't even know anymore....
  • Total:  1.5/4 --> 5/14 = 35.71%
    • ugh.

Weekly Progress

• Running Total:  36/65 = 55.38%
    • Week 04:  5/14 = 35.71%
  • Like 1

I injured my hand two weekends ago, and I stopped working out and logging.  #NotOkay.  I should have at least kept logging.  because I let my eating get away from me. :(  it's a lesson learned, I suppose.

stay tuned for a recap and a link to the new Challenge.

New Challenge is HERE!!  results of this Challenge are below.

The Goals

QUEST:  Fight (Tough Mudder)

1]  INPUT:  keep caloric intake paleo-influenced and under 1600kcal, on average

-  Score:  7/28 = 25.0% = F

-  there were many days I did not track anything.  these resulted in automatic zeroes.  I need to track food before I eat it, to ensure I'm eating it Mindfully.

-  the rest of the days, I went over my limit before I even knew it.  again, the lack of tracking means I didn't follow my intakes throughout the day.

2]  OUTPUT:  exercise everyday (even just 10-minutes of walking or jump roping)

-  Score:  16/28 = 57.1% = F

-  the last week, I injured my right hand and couldn't do my kickboxing.  however, I should have at least run/walked outside, on the dreadmill, or on an elliptical.  I should have done something.  because I actively did nothing, I got zero points.  that really hit my score hard.

-  I need to come up with an alternative for when I cannot do kickboxing, for whatever reason.

QUEST:  Create

3]  BLOG:  create a blog schedule and stick to it

-  Score:  7/12 = 58.3% = F

-  I created a schedule, so that's something.  but I didn't stick to it very well.

-  I need to create a list of topic ideas or prompts for this next Challenge.

QUEST:  Learn

4]  SPANISH:  earn 30pts in Duolingo's Spanish course every day

-  Score:  14/28 = 50.0% = F

-  I didn't have a set time originally, and later the time I chose didn't work out.  for this next Challenge, I will try doing it at a different time.

TOTAL:  43/96 = 44.8% = F

-  I really fucked this one up.  I abandoned everything at the start of the final week.  that really hurt my score/progress.

-  and I didn't have any Punishments installed for Failures.  I want to create that for the next Challenge.  any suggestions?

giphy.gif

^ this is basically what this last Challenge feels like