Finisterre Goes Inside Out

Finisterre

Am I going to complete a challenge?  Who knows!  Let's go with yes...

(This will be made pretty as and when I have time...)

Joy

200.gif#70-grid3

Circus!  Circus makes me happy. 

Minimum one class + one open training per week (they can happen on the same day)

Make and use conditioning list

Something about stretching? Idk

Sadness

200.gif#9-grid1

Swimming.  I actually really like swimming but I couldn't think of anything for sadness and water is wet...like tears.... It's a stretch, just go with it.  Minimum once per week

Fear

200.gif#18-grid1

Lifting!  New thing = scary scary

Got my first session with a coach next Thursday so basically get programme. Stick to programme.

Anger

200.gif#8-grid3

PhD.  Get shit done.

Disgust

200.gif#8-grid1

Diet.

Track calories/macros

No. Fucking. Takeaways.

Take lunch to work.

One "naughty" dinner per week (probably Saturday night's with the boyfriend.  Because I have one of those now...)

• Like 2

Fiona - Assassin

Horses ~ Circus ~ Rats ~ Genetics

Four week challenges: 1 2 3 (Failed) 4 5

Current challenge: Here

Woooooo congrats and go you!!

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

On 22/04/2017 at 2:17 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

Woooooo congrats and go you!!

Thanks!

On 22/04/2017 at 9:26 PM, Liam Learns to Live said:

I love this movie, and I love your challenge! That gif attached to PhD is pretty darn perfect. 

There is so much circus stuff in this group. You said classes, are there... circus classes where you are? Because I'm not going to lie, that sounds amazing. 

That gif is basically how I feel any time I have to deal with my supervisors...

I'm really lucky in that there's LOADS of classes where I am.  My main love is trapeze but I'm doing hoop classes at the moment.

Fiona - Assassin

Well Week 1 Day 1 did not go to plan...

Stayed with the boy on Saturday night, got to sleep far too late so was exhausted.  Went to work.  Finished the second draft of a chapter but by then was tired and grumpy so ended up going home and getting a takeaway for dinner.  Seriously, first day...

Today is going better though.  I'm still knackered (honestly this never changes) but my eating has been much better.  Assuming I am sensible and have my planned dinner...

Fiona - Assassin

Great theme :D 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Honestly the first half of this week has been a total fail.  Got a cold, hated life, fought with my work computer a lot...  Blegh.  Combined with my uterus attempting to claw its way out of my body and my digestive tract sympathy collapsing with it I have not been a happy bunny.

But!  Circus tonight.  Yay hanging about upside down!  Plus conditioning to count for the mini too.  Single hock hangs are totally a bodyweight exercise, right??

• Like 1

Fiona - Assassin

I'm alive, I'm alive!

Joy

Did my class and OT on Wednesday, did loads of conditioning in OT, good good good

Sadness

Swam last Friday for last week's.  Did the 20 lengths that took me half an hour the first time in ~20 minutes this time.  Each length was slower but there was much less rest time.  Then added another five lengths on for good measure before the pool closed.

Fear

Had my first PT session on Thursday.  Utterly failed to note exact weights but I think I was squatting 40kg for multiple reps, deadlifting 80 for multiple reps and managed a couple of bench press at 40 as well.  Also did some lat pulldowns as accessory work where apparently circus has made me very good at engaging them.  Was meant to be having another session with him tonight but his partner gave birth on Sunday so that's postponed.  I haven't got an actual program yet but might pop in on my own and do some...

Anger

Had thesis committee meeting.  Ugly cried.  Fuck PhDs.

Disgust

Let's just not even talk about this...

• Like 1

Fiona - Assassin

You're alive! Yay conditioning and training, at least. Hope the thesis stuff goes better soon. <3 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:12 AM, Finisterre said:

Sadness

Swam last Friday for last week's.  Did the 20 lengths that took me half an hour the first time in ~20 minutes this time.  Each length was slower but there was much less rest time.  Then added another five lengths on for good measure before the pool closed.

Grats, that quite an improvement! Good luck with the thesis, hang in there...

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 2017-5-2 at 5:53 PM, raptron said:

You're alive! Yay conditioning and training, at least. Hope the thesis stuff goes better soon. <3 

On 2017-5-3 at 8:20 PM, Manarelle said:

Grats, that quite an improvement! Good luck with the thesis, hang in there...

Thanks, at least that's me through the meeting for another few months...

• Like 1

Fiona - Assassin

Had hoop class last night, was reasonably productive!  There was no OT on though because someone was using the rig for a swinging trapeze class, but hung out with boyfriend's best friend while she waited for her boyfriend to come pick her up.  So I get brownie points for that ;)

Today was highly unproductive at work because Badminton Horse Trials are on and I decided to put that on "in the background". Hm.

Went for a swim again after work.  Three sets of 10 lengths, and did each set in ~8 minutes.  The third set was a little slower but I'll take that.  There's way less rest time going on which I'm quite pleased with.

Got my lifting programme.  Don't really understand it.  Many emails to trainer may be incoming.  This is not helped by the fact his other half gave birth at the weekend so our session on Tuesday has been postponed for a couple of weeks.  I reckon I can work most of it out though, and anything that I still don't understand after emailing etc I can just....ignore....for now.

• Like 1

Fiona - Assassin

Sounds like it's being a good week so far, minus the horse trials in the "background." :) Good call on holding off weight stuff that isn't clear; bad form can screw the body up pretty badly (that might be the voice of experience there). What sort of things does he have you doing, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Sounds like it's being a good week so far, minus the horse trials in the "background." :) Good call on holding off weight stuff that isn't clear; bad form can screw the body up pretty badly (that might be the voice of experience there). What sort of things does he have you doing, if you don't mind me asking?

I've worked most of it out now, though there's a few exercises that I understand the concept of but plan to hold off on until I can get a form check on them.

I've said I want to focus on bench for the first block, so it's geared towards that whilst keeping deadlifts and squats in.  So we have:

Back squats (fine)

Paused bench (fine)

Block deadlift (just going to normal deadlift)

Barbell row (nopity nope)

DB shoulder press (probably going to see if there's a machine I can use instead and be slightly less likely to brain myself)

Deadlift (fine)

Paused squats (fine)

Lat pulldowns (fine)

Dips (fine)

Front squat (nopity nope)

Deficit deadlift (going to normal again)

Close grip bench (fine)

DB row (noooope)

Chin ups (fine)

Obviously not all in one session ;) 

Fiona - Assassin

So basically everything is going pretty well other than the eating.  But I have a Plan to improve that.

Didn't get to OT last week because it was cancelled on Wednesday and I couldn't be arsed on Saturday.

Lifting is so much fun!  I am definitely enjoying it!  Especially when I'm next to a guy sweating and groaning deadlifting my warmup weight (I know I know, the only competition is yourself, but I do like outlifting guys...).

• Like 2

Fiona - Assassin

28 minutes ago, Finisterre said:

I know I know, the only competition is yourself, but I do like outlifting guys...

Hell yes.  

Glad the challenge is going well and lifting has been so fun!

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

On 5/10/2017 at 10:20 AM, Finisterre said:

(I know I know, the only competition is yourself, but I do like outlifting guys...).

I can 100% relate to this. It doesn't happen often for me, but there's definitely a little thrill in realizing you can do something others can't. How'd week 3 go? Any improvement on the eating side of things?