• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HappyDragon

HappyDragon aims higher

Hi again!

Continuing my first challenge, I've built upon the previous goals as follows:

Goal 1: Self care

I aim to do all of the following every day. My biggest problems the previous challenge had to do with staying up too late or not doing restful stuff in the evenings.

• 5+ minutes of meditation
  • 5+ minutes of planning ahead - what to do the next day, what to eat for dinner
  • Early evenings: Computer shutdown at 22:00, also at weekends
  • Flossing
  • Making the bed

For flossing, I still have a mini calendar on the bathroom cabinet so it's easy to check off. For the rest I'll make something similar.
Score: % checked boxes (5x28)

Goal 2: Be at work at or before 8AM every day. Get out of bed at or before 8AM on weekends.
Flexible working hours have let me slip a bit. Made progress last challenge but have a bit left. This goal helps me have time for workout, cooking, rest in the evenings.
Daily score: 1 - (#minutes late / 60) (can't get above 100% or below 0)

Goal 3: No junk eating or drinking

Counting the following beverages as junk: Soda, alcohol, other sweet drinks. Careful with milk and juice but not yet considering them to be junk.

Counting the following food as junk: Candy, chips, cookies, cakes, ice cream, pizza (except home made), hamburgers (except home made). I'm allowing myself to eat minor amounts of chocolate as dessert, if someone else offers it

Score: #clean days  / #challenge days

Goal 4: 3 workouts per week

Mainly aiming for strength training at the gym, but if I'm not feeling 100%, I'll also count a 30+ min walk.

Completion reward

Not sure yet

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Looking good! let us know if there's any way we can help. :)

Thank you! It helps a lot just knowing that people are watching - judging - me. Feel free to ask for status if I haven't updated it in several days, but only if you want and have time - I saw you had a lot on your plate at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDragon said:

Thank you! It helps a lot just knowing that people are watching - judging - me. Feel free to ask for status if I haven't updated it in several days, but only if you want and have time - I saw you had a lot on your plate at the moment.

Ooh hey, no judging. Just cheering for you and wanting you to do the best you can. I do try to check on people who've been quiet for a few days but sometimes it gets away from me. 

Some (but not all) people will pop in on you if you check on them too, so building yourself a support system can work out too. :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HappyDragon said:

This I totally understand. IF I think someone is holding me accountable, then I tend to do much better. Thus my new grading system to make my Type A perfectionist side stay on track, but really I just do better if I know people are keeping an eye on me. I won't judge since life can cause detours, but I will be here cheering when you need it if it would help.

• Like 1

No judgement here just care :) The Rebellon has a large % or people that actually care about other people's wellbeing. 

I like your goals. I would definitely struggle with a flexible work schedule so I'm impressed you are taking steps to manage that :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the support, guys!

A small update: I started well on the goals, except getting up on time... been at work like 8:20 this week which is decent but not perfect. The goal to shut down the computer feels helpful, because it makes me have to focus on getting the important stuff done before that, and doing any significant amount of typing on a phone is not something I enjoy.

Recent victory: I can (just barely) wear my old belts again, and I need them to keep the pants up properly now.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, HappyDragon said:

Thank you for the support, guys!

A small update: I started well on the goals, except getting up on time... been at work like 8:20 this week which is decent but not perfect. The goal to shut down the computer feels helpful, because it makes me have to focus on getting the important stuff done before that, and doing any significant amount of typing on a phone is not something I enjoy.

Recent victory: I can (just barely) wear my old belts again, and I need them to keep the pants up properly now.

Congrats on the belts that is a HUGE victory, barely or not. Next thing you know they will fit very comfy or even become too big.

I agree with typing on my phone, it makes even short emails seem like a wall of text too. And 8:20 is still a good time to get in. Maybe just shoot for 8:15 next, then up to 8. You are doing great.

• Like 1

I understand the struggles of a flexible work schedule, especially being fairly new to it. This week has forced me get to the office much earlier than normal though and I'm finding that the days seem longer and more productive. Definitely worth it once the sleep adjustment becomes a habit, just keep on scaling back the time little by little and you will get there.

• Like 1

On 2017-04-27 at 4:30 PM, SirJoshHafer said:

I understand the struggles of a flexible work schedule, especially being fairly new to it. This week has forced me get to the office much earlier than normal though and I'm finding that the days seem longer and more productive.

Yes, I also feel that the days seem more productive when starting early!

Progress report after 10 days:

Goal 1 - habits: 88%. Skipped some planning and meditation because I didn't "have time" (due to procrastination)

Goal 2 - up early: 72%. Still bit of a problem, mainly because I don't start taking it easy early enough in the evenings, and have been feeling unmotivated to get stuff done in time.

Goal 3 - no junk eating/drinking: 90%. Had one dinner with relatives which included both dessert and some liquor with the coffee. Apart from that I've been eating well. Starting to work on improving breakfast routine, which steals some time in the mornings.

Goal 4 - 3 workouts per week: 100%. Even on days when I've felt sore or unmotivated, I've managed to drag myself to the gym and done some light workout. The weather is also starting to get nicer, so I've been walking a bit more as well.

Overall I'm happy with both nutrition and workout. I need to keep working on mindset and planning.

• Like 1

Really sorry for the lack of updates, people :(

Goal 1:
I gave up on the following habits: meditation, planning, early evenings.
I flossed every day, and made the bed all but one.

Goal 2: Stopped tracking. Got something like 15 minutes worse, due to not getting to bed early.

Goal 3: 25/28 days no junk drinking, 27/28 days no junk eating.

Goal 4: Completed 3 workouts every week, and increased the intensity a bit.

I'm very happy about nutrition and workout, and it has resulted in a further 1.5 kg weight loss and 2 cm smaller around the waist.

I believe the biggest cause of feeling stressed and causing the other failures with my goals is procrastination. I have started working on this now using Habitica, and it seems to help. There are also some holidays and time off work, which should help me catch up.

Moving forward, I will work on anti-procrastination with high priority, while keeping up good workout and nutrition habits.

• Like 2

Hey Dragon.

No worries, we are here when you are here. Life comes first. IT sounds like your doing well, so now to move foward and hopefully you can get caught up a bit. Great job.

• Like 2

On 2017-05-26 at 3:06 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Hey Dragon.

No worries, we are here when you are here. Life comes first. IT sounds like your doing well, so now to move foward and hopefully you can get caught up a bit. Great job.

Thank you!

In other news, I rewarded myself by buying 2 yoga blocks, and tried them out in a small session at home. Was a good investment, as I'm not yet super flexible.

• Like 2