14 hours ago, obax said:

Congrats on the flat!!!! So glad to hear that's been settled, it must be a huge weight off your shoulders. It sounds like that mental health day was so much the right choice, and I'm glad you had a good time, even if it resulted in an hangover.

It is an enormous weight off, and this next week cannot pass quickly enough. The next chapter of my life is close enough to taste, and I'm pretty damn hungry, so to speak. All I have to get through are my last two work shifts, and then I can focus on how I go about moving on.

4 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Congrats IATY!!!

Good to hear things are moving in the right direction...

Just wait, you are a Juggernaut that is gaining momentum:

Unstoppable Momentum: Once juggernaut gains momentum, nothing can stop him.
Although things such as large mountains and the Hulk have been able to slow him down,
he still runs forward. On one point,
Juggernaut was reduced to a skeleton and still he did not stop.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor juggernaut gif

Heh, I may not be able to take on the Hulk just yet, but in the mean time just watch me run!

2 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

80s excited exciting im so excited hell yes GIF

So happy for you!

Thank you :D 

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

[+++-----------------]

[+++-----------------]

[++++++--------------]

The car hire have given me a diesel driven AI and I do not like it. Yes, it has the go power, and yes, the speaker system is actually amazing, but trying to make that thing work? Guys, I had to read the instructions. For a car. And it really isn't designed for short people with stumpy little legs. Also it stalls really easily in the lower gears if the revs aren't high enough, regardless of whether they are or not, and the issue is not helped by the way I've had to set the driver's seat up. And it was next to impossible to figure out how to set up my ipod so it would play.

In the end I did it through voice command.

That was fairly weird, let me tell you.

I mean, I've spent most of my time driving around in a 2004 Vauxhall Meriva.

I'm hoping tomorrow's journey back will be a little smoother.

Right now I'm basically just relaxing. Not only do I have to deal with the exhaustion of a great deal of stress suddenly lifting, but I also have to deal with a massive hike in temperature. Probably accurate to call it a heatwave. It's also exhausting, and my hydration over the past while has been shocking.

So I'm working on that too.

On the plus side, my appetite is coming back with a vengeance. I took a little stroll around the supermarket when I got here and picked up a salad and some honey roast pulled ham. Each packet said four portions on it. There is nothing left. The noodles I brought with me are also gone, as are the Trek bars, and all the snack food. All in a fairly short period of time.

Oops?

Well hey, cheaper rent means bigger shopping budget means more energy means I can maintain an actual workout schedule. Definite upside.

It's one of the many things I'm working out right now.

And tomorrow I'll take a trip into Edinburgh to pay my deposit for Flat 3 :D

• Like 6

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

3 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

On the plus side, my appetite is coming back with a vengeance. I took a little stroll around the supermarket when I got here and picked up a salad and some honey roast pulled ham. Each packet said four portions on it. There is nothing left. The noodles I brought with me are also gone, as are the Trek bars, and all the snack food. All in a fairly short period of time.

I'm gonna say this is a good thing. :) 

Well hey, cheaper rent means bigger shopping budget means more energy means I can maintain an actual workout schedule. Definite upside

So much yes in this statement! Hell, can't wait for you to get through your last shifts at work and actually move to a nice new flat and be able to eat properly and work out properly. So close! Enjoy every minute of the relaxation. You definitely earned it!

• Like 2

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

10 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I'm gonna say this is a good thing. :) 

So much yes in this statement! Hell, can't wait for you to get through your last shifts at work and actually move to a nice new flat and be able to eat properly and work out properly. So close! Enjoy every minute of the relaxation. You definitely earned it!

Heh, and here I thought I was being weird for looking forward to moving so I could eat properly again! And who knows, maybe I'll stop being so worn down all the time too...?

• Like 2

[+++-----------------]

[+++-----------------]

[++++++++------------]

Let me begin by saying that I am glad I give the diesel AI back tomorrow. Driving it is a stressful experience, and I do not like my driving being turned into stress (I mean, roadworks, tourists, traffic jams, tailgaters, and learners don't help, but...). Also had the slightly alarming experience of numbness and tingling in my left arm, shortly followed by some rather intense pains from my right elbow. No clue what's happening with the left side, but the problems with the right are quite familiar to me. It's the elbow I fractured, and apparently that's somehow made my nerves more susceptible to being tweaked and trapped and otherwise a pain. Being more stressed than usual (and therefore far more tensed) is most likely to have set that off, and rest and relaxation should sort it out.

...not sure how it'll handle driving a Transit through tourist traffic in a city, but that's a problem for future me to figure out.

Now.

I actually slept really well last night. I attribute this to a combination of being on an unbroken mattress and bringing my own pillows with me (having learned my lesson from my previous visit). It did make it somewhat difficult to get up, and I did give myself an extra hour in bed, but after some coffee (black, because not only did I forget the soya milk, I forgot to buy a replacement whilst clearing out the supermarket yesterday) I felt reasonably ready to go. So I checked out, took the diesel AI to the park and ride, and hopped on a bus to Edinburgh.

The city itself was fantastically blustery, meaning the heat was only an issue whenever you stepped inside and out of the wind. Made my wait at the bank a little uncomfortable, but in the end it took about five minutes for my deposit and first month of rent to be paid to the agency, which means Flat 3 is one step closer to being home.

I did consider sticking around, but I was tired, so I went and got a large coffee then walked along to the train station. Apparently I was a little more tired than I thought as once I got on, I closed my eyes and when I opened them the train was at Rosyth and my ticket had been marked as inspected. Fortunately a brisk walk to Tesco woke me up, but then I got on a bus back to the park and ride and that was really very warm...

Thankfully it's cooled down a bit in Fort William, which bodes well for me getting a decent sleep tonight. Early wake up for returning the car tomorrow, and then I'm going to take my bike into the shop and tell them to have at it. While I have the means, I might as well get it properly fixed up, right? Especially seeing as there might well be a possibility of me commuting by bike in the future.

For now, all I plan to do for the rest of the night it to ensure I have my self care box sorted as that is one of the most vital boxes (it'll see me through collecting the keys to unpacking the last box). Then sleep. So much sleep, because tomorrow I have to go back to work.

• Like 8

[++++----------------]

[+-------------------]

[+++++++-------------]

Suddenly Thursday is really, really close at hand and I'm scurrying around trying to get things done whilst also wanting nothing more than to sleep for a week.

All in all, my last shifts didn't go too badly. Saturday night started off badly, I was scheduled to do a dual close down with Special K, which basically meant I was running solo. After a lot of stressing, PHDM ended up coming to my rescue. Now that I would never have expected. I mean, this is the same guy that had a go at me for having a poor work standard the same day I found out a friend of mine died. And yet he gave me permission to shut it all down early and pulled in half of the butchery department to help me get everything done. And get done it did.

Sunday was less stressful. Mornings always are anyway, but I was in an especially good mood as it was my last shift. More people than I expected turned up to say goodbye, the CO even came in despite having a day off (and told me she's managed to get a new job, which is a relief because I think her somewhat less than effective management style is a direct result of the upper management in that store), and I left with a handful of good luck cards.

And then I went home and pretty much slept.

Today has been quite productive, I have the bedroom and the living almost completely packed up, and the other rooms aren't far behind (I mean, it'll take about thirty seconds to pack the bathroom up). I do think I may need to grab a few extra boxes, and some extra bubble wrap wouldn't be a bad idea. Now I just need to finish the packing, organise the boxes so that I'll be taking them over in a way that keeps the rooms together, get together the official bits and pieces I need for the signing, get my route directions written down properly, and actually get it done.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I am so happy you are done with that toxic environment.

Me too, believe me! It can only get better from here. Even if the next store is as bad, I know it's only a stepping stone to me getting a career relevant job, so I'll have the knowledge that it won't be forever.

3 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

You're so close! Looks like you are nicely on track, too!

It's the day after tomorrow. The day after tomorrow. How did we get here so quickly?!

• Like 3

Me too, believe me! It can only get better from here. Even if the next store is as bad, I know it's only a stepping stone to me getting a career relevant job, so I'll have the knowledge that it won't be forever.

And too, that store you just left was a step up from the previous job.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

[+++++---------------]

[++------------------]

[++++++++++----------]

My stress is manifesting in some interesting ways once again, but I know it's mostly due to the fact that I move the day after tomorrow. The day. After. Tomorrow. Overmorrow, if you will (that should absolutely be an everyday word). Still trying to wrap my brain around that one. I mean, one minute I was scrabbling for places to live and a job to go to, and the next everything is sorted and I just need to kick my lazy ass into packing the last dregs of my belongings and doing a final clean.

Today has been spent packing and procrastinating. And a few moments of mild despair when the ceiling started leaking again. Minor leakage, and I could hear the commotion upstairs, so I wasn't altogether worried. Still be glad when it isn't my problem though...

Tomorrow will be slightly busier. I need to pop into the council HQ to inform them I'm leaving and they should stop charging me for council tax, then get another key cut because I lost my spare and do need to hand back two keys considering I was given two, and then make a few trips to the recycling point to ditch bottles and clothes. And pack those last few bits and do a bit of a spruce up.

And then wait.

Because tomorrow I'll be in a bit of a panic because at that point it'll be tomorrow that I move. Or, you know, begin the process.

It's going to be a fairly tough one, and it's going to depend on how much I can legally squeeze into the Transit in one go. I'd like to think three loads will do it (six cross country trips at three per day), but I can squeeze a fourth in if need be. Truth be told it's just Thursday that'll be a pain in the ass considering I have to work around my awkwardly placed agency appointment. I'll take as full a load as possible over there, sign, collect, and offload, then nip back across here to reload, and then shoot off to unload and spend the night in my new abode. Friday will be much the same if my three load estimate is right. If not an extra journey gets tacked on so I spend the night in Dunfermline after driving over my fourth load, then race back across the country Saturday morning to hand the van back, hand the keys in, and then take the train all the way back again...

It's really kinda convoluted and I'm going to be six kinds of crazy during it, but it's for a good cause. Also, I can't hand back the keys on the day I'm actually supposed to be gone because it's a Sunday and the estate agent isn't open on a Sunday. So really it's all their fault!

But hey, I can do this, and most likely I'll be smiling when I do. A little stress taken on for a good cause is little stress indeed.

...and that's a good thought to quiet my mind before trying to sleep tonight.

• Like 4

[++------------------]

[+-------------------]

[++++++++++++--------]

I've been staring at the screen for a long time wondering what I've achieved today. Some packing, got a date for my internet to be set up at the new place, got that replacement key, did some recycling, and did some online shopping of the food variety to be delivered on Sunday, ensuring I will not be hungry and I will not have to take a sizeable chunk of time to do said shopping and be limited with what I could carry back.

Tomorrow I get my ass out of bed early, pick up the van, load up, take a short trip into town to drop off the form cancelling my council tax on this flat and to drop off the last of the recycling, and then shoot off across the country.

Eep.

• Like 4

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Good Luck! Looks like you've got a busy couple of days ahead of you, but they should all lead to a positive new chapter in your life! 

• Like 1

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

Hope the move's going well - really excited for you!

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

On 5/11/2017 at 8:13 AM, Rhovaniel said:

Good Luck! Looks like you've got a busy couple of days ahead of you, but they should all lead to a positive new chapter in your life! 

Busy is one word for it... But hey, I knew it'd be a lot of work doing it on my own, and on the plus side it's giving me a better workout than I've had in a long time!

7 hours ago, Jarric said:

Hope the move's going well - really excited for you!

375 miles in cross country trips down, 250 more to go (half of that tonight :(), so I'm over halfway there! I'd say that's going well :D 

• Like 7

Aaaaand we're back in business.

Kinda.

I topped out at over 750 miles across the space of three days, got sleep in the single digits, and existed on a diet that consisted almost exclusively of energy drinks during those three days, and taking the train back across the country wasn't exactly problem free. First train was delayed due to a medical emergency on board, second train was populated by rowdy drunks, and the third train was delayed to the point where it showed up at 11:30pm. On that third train the only seat available was one of those little flip down ones opposite the toilet. On a Saturday night it is not a good idea to sit opposite a train toilet. I had to close the door for most folks who visited because they just didn't. I saw things. Horrible, horrible things. In the end I got home well after midnight.

On the plus side, I now live in a habitable flat and I've even met all of my neighbours. Next door is an older guy who seems nice enough, downstairs is G, who is older, deaf enough for me to be able to hear her TV, and apparently has some memory slippage if the two identical conversations we had on two different days are anything to go by, and next door to G is Mystery Woman. I didn't get her name, but she and G came to the door this morning. There's talk of getting a professional in to help manage the garden. Half is communal, half is split between the four of us. G shattered her shoulder a couple of years back and is being held together by pins, and the Old Guy uses two walking sticks to get about. Mystery Woman can't commit the time for everything. I agreed, but with the stipulation I'd tend my own patch and only contribute money towards the care of the communal patch.

And that's about as exciting as things are right now. I'm slowly, slowly unpacking. Funny thing is that even after my clear out I still have too much stuff for a flat so small. I'll work through it. Just means I need to be smart with space. I'm hoping to have the living room clear and functional by tomorrow, but it will come after my trip into Edinburgh to visit the bank and finalise a few things there. If the rain holds off I might take a wander, if not I'll scurry on back here and get to work.

I'm hoping that the exhaustion accumulated from the moving process will fade in time. I'm trying to regulate my sleep and not linger evermore in bed, I've been out for a walk every day since getting here (I know, only two days, but still...), and my diet has improved drastically even in such a short space of time. I mean, breakfast today consisted of a five egg bacon and mushroom omlette, lunch was a bagel with (lactose and milk free) smoked cheese and salad, accompanied by an orange, a handful of chewy apple slices, and a handful of nuts, and dinner was chilli and lime chicken and veg pasta (accompanied by a can of Elk Warning cider which rivals Blind Pig in terms of amazing taste).

Long story short, I won.

I set this huge, impossible goal for myself and somehow I managed to work through all of the shit that came crashing down and actually achieve that goal. It's a strange feeling to have so much pay off like this. And you know what? I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to go for it without the amazing level of support I got from you guys here. So really, thank you, all of you. Heh, I guess I can officially say that NF has changed my life. And that's no bad thing.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I topped out at over 750 miles across the space of three days, got sleep in the single digits, and existed on a diet that consisted almost exclusively of energy drinks during those three days, and taking the train back across the country wasn't exactly problem free. First train was delayed due to a medical emergency on board, second train was populated by rowdy drunks, and the third train was delayed to the point where it showed up at 11:30pm. On that third train the only seat available was one of those little flip down ones opposite the toilet. On a Saturday night it is not a good idea to sit opposite a train toilet. I had to close the door for most folks who visited because they just didn't. I saw things. Horrible, horrible things. In the end I got home well after midnight.

This sounds like an incredibly appropriate way to close this chapter!

I'm also excited about your new living situation. I think your neighbors are going to be fun for us all ;-)

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

You did it!

You should take this moment to bask in your own glory.

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

11 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Long story short, I won.

I set this huge, impossible goal for myself and somehow I managed to work through all of the shit that came crashing down and actually achieve that goal. It's a strange feeling to have so much pay off like this. And you know what? I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to go for it without the amazing level of support I got from you guys here. So really, thank you, all of you. Heh, I guess I can officially say that NF has changed my life. And that's no bad thing.

This is so so huge. You did it! You achieved what many would have said was too hard, not possible, etc. You got yourself out of a bad place (thinking especially of work here) and handled every single obstacle the challenge threw at you. Well done! You are definitely an inspiration. (I mean, you do realise what a huge accomplishment this is, right?? :D

Enjoy your new home and new opportunities. Hope the neighbours continue to be nice (and interesting) folks :) 

• Like 1