• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13 hours ago, skinNbones said:

You've won, and the challenge still runs till Saturday!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Heh, I think the rest of this challenge is going to be about relaxing.

7 hours ago, Xena said:

This sounds like an incredibly appropriate way to close this chapter!

I'm also excited about your new living situation. I think your neighbors are going to be fun for us all ;-)

It kind of was, in a way.

I'm actually surprised I met them all so quickly, but I can't complain!

4 hours ago, Red1263 said:

You did it!

You should take this moment to bask in your own glory.

Trust me, I am most definitely basking!

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

This is so so huge. You did it! You achieved what many would have said was too hard, not possible, etc. You got yourself out of a bad place (thinking especially of work here) and handled every single obstacle the challenge threw at you. Well done! You are definitely an inspiration. (I mean, you do realise what a huge accomplishment this is, right?? :D

Enjoy your new home and new opportunities. Hope the neighbours continue to be nice (and interesting) folks :) 

Oh I know how huge this is, and I think that's what's unnerving me a little right now. Somehow I managed to achieve this whilst fighting from unstable ground, and for the life of me I can't figure out just how I managed. But in no way is that a complaint! I'm looking forward to dealing with more pleasant challenges for the time being though, I think I've earned a break from the rougher stuff!

• Like 6

excited yes yeah will ferrell steve carell GIF

You did it! Not that there was any doubt that you wouldn't. Congrats on your new home! 

18 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Oh I know how huge this is, and I think that's what's unnerving me a little right now. Somehow I managed to achieve this whilst fighting from unstable ground, and for the life of me I can't figure out just how I managed. But in no way is that a complaint! I'm looking forward to dealing with more pleasant challenges for the time being though, I think I've earned a break from the rougher stuff!

You managed it because you are amazing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

excited yes yeah will ferrell steve carell GIF

You did it! Not that there was any doubt that you wouldn't. Congrats on your new home! 

You managed it because you are amazing. 

Heh, now I just have to channel that amazingness into my next big goal and hope it pays off just as well...

I'm so pleased for you that the move worked out, it sounded brutal but you rangered through like a pro :)

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, iatetheyeti said:

Heh, now I just have to channel that amazingness into my next big goal and hope it pays off just as well...

...world domination?

• Like 3

There might only be two days left of this, but I'm ending this challenge prematurely. I've just been confronted by some fairly hard hitting news that, in all honesty, I don't know how to deal with. All going well, I'll be back around for the next challenge, but right now I need to process this news, my reaction to it, and how I proceed from here. I'm out of my depth and not entirely sure of how to fix it.

...life just loves to keep you grounded after a big win, doesn't it?

10 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

I've just been confronted by some fairly hard hitting news that, in all honesty, I don't know how to deal with.

I'm sorry, Yeti. Whatever it is, I know you're strong enough to get through it. Hope it's nothing too awful. Sending hugs and positivity your way :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

I'm sorry, Yeti. Whatever it is, I know you're strong enough to get through it. Hope it's nothing too awful. Sending hugs and positivity your way :)

It's a two part problem, one part of which is fairly awful and completely beyond my control, and one part of which is fairly awful, a pre-existing issue, kinda within my control, and is being blamed on me. If that make sense... I'm slightly more reluctant to discuss this publicly as neither issue is directly mine (even if the stress and the fallout is...).

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ughhh, I'm sorry you have something new to deal with so soon after all the moving. That's just wrong. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything to help support you. 

Thanks, I appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I'm sorry you are getting hit with awful situations.  Take your time and know we are here if you need us. Hopefully things get better for you soon.

Thank you :) 

20 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

It's a two part problem, one part of which is fairly awful and completely beyond my control, and one part of which is fairly awful, a pre-existing issue, kinda within my control, and is being blamed on me. If that make sense... I'm slightly more reluctant to discuss this publicly as neither issue is directly mine (even if the stress and the fallout is...)

Perfectly understandable. I'd suggest that in an ideal world, part one you forget about. if it's outside your control, then it's not worth the energy spent worrying about it. But I know that's far easier said than done. If you ever need to talk, you can always message me. As for the other... stay strong, stay focused and don't forget you're not alone. 

Anyway, don't forget how strong you are. You took on one hell of a mission over the last few months, and you came out victorious. Yes, it would have been so much better if Life had given you a bit more time to relax and enjoy your victory, but you overcame that and you can overcome this. The Rebellion has your back, Yeti. :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Perfectly understandable. I'd suggest that in an ideal world, part one you forget about. if it's outside your control, then it's not worth the energy spent worrying about it. But I know that's far easier said than done. If you ever need to talk, you can always message me. As for the other... stay strong, stay focused and don't forget you're not alone. 

Anyway, don't forget how strong you are. You took on one hell of a mission over the last few months, and you came out victorious. Yes, it would have been so much better if Life had given you a bit more time to relax and enjoy your victory, but you overcame that and you can overcome this. The Rebellion has your back, Yeti. :) 

Honestly, I wish it was something I could just forget about, but... Bleh. Give me about five years to form coherent sentences and I'll shoot you a message. Honestly, at this point I think just saying it to another person would help lift things a little...

• Like 4

I was all set to post a big congratulatory post, but then I read the last few posts.... Regardless, congrats on conquering the cross country move! As for the new road block the universe has thrown your way, I think you know NF has your back and we're all here for you. Like Rhovaniel, my PM is always open if you need to vent or a sounding board or a shoulder to cry on or anything.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, obax said:

I was all set to post a big congratulatory post, but then I read the last few posts.... Regardless, congrats on conquering the cross country move! As for the new road block the universe has thrown your way, I think you know NF has your back and we're all here for you. Like Rhovaniel, my PM is always open if you need to vent or a sounding board or a shoulder to cry on or anything.

I think that if I hadn't had such a big win then I'd have a far more difficult time dealing with all of this. So as much as it sucks to be knocked back down to earth so quickly, I'd rather it came now than say in the weeks before, if that makes sense. When I've got a spare hour or so to articulate things properly I'll let you know the extent of the chaos.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I think that if I hadn't had such a big win then I'd have a far more difficult time dealing with all of this. So as much as it sucks to be knocked back down to earth so quickly, I'd rather it came now than say in the weeks before, if that makes sense. When I've got a spare hour or so to articulate things properly I'll let you know the extent of the chaos.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. The stress of the move plus the stress of all the new stuff would be the straw that broke the camel's back. If you can get through one before the next hits, you have fewer directions your energy needs to go in at any one time and you can stay a little more focused on the path through it all.

• Like 1

Sorry about your recent news.

I just heard something on a podcast ("Dear Sugar") that seems helpful, or at least seems like it might be helpful to me next time I'm feeling anxious or stressed or depressed. The way you're feeling now is real, and sounds pretty bad. What sometimes makes feelings like that worse, is thinking you will always feel that way. It's hard to see when you are in the middle of a situation or crisis, but it won't always be this way. It might be rough, it might take hard work and unpleasantness, it might just take time, but it will get better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Sorry about your recent news.

I just heard something on a podcast ("Dear Sugar") that seems helpful, or at least seems like it might be helpful to me next time I'm feeling anxious or stressed or depressed. The way you're feeling now is real, and sounds pretty bad. What sometimes makes feelings like that worse, is thinking you will always feel that way. It's hard to see when you are in the middle of a situation or crisis, but it won't always be this way. It might be rough, it might take hard work and unpleasantness, it might just take time, but it will get better.

That's something I'm trying to keep in mind. I keep telling myself I've come through some really quite fantastically crappy periods, so I will get through this one too. It's not the easiest thing to focus on, I'll admit, but it does help.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear life's thrown you another curveball. If there's anything I can do, or if you just want to talk, PM me.

• Like 1