Annyshay in the Ice Cavern

annyshay

Super Chill Goals!

Explore (Triforce of Courage) - Journal

My mind can be full of puzzles and creatures that freeze me in my tracks, but journaling gives me a good way to process all the different things that I experience in my explorations. Just 5 minutes per day.

ice-cavern.jpg

Expand (Triforce of Wisdom) - Self Care

This is a crucial step in freeing myself from emotional eating. Self care frequently means time outside, with animals, drinking tea, or playing games... just like with the gaang.

tumblr_muorazfnLj1rnm9t7o6_250.gif

Embody (Triforce of Power) - Katara = Boundaries

I am realizing just how much society encourages me to be a passive observer of my life. I refuse. Like Katara I will go after the things that are important to me, call out stupid rules, and set boundaries for how others will treat me.

tumblr_m70fysEt5t1qfzhyoo1_250.gif

• Like 6

For those that haven't been following me for a while... Welcome! For those that have...

welcome100207.png

I'm on a quest inspired by the Hero of Time - specifically Ocarina of Time. All year, I'm working through the dungeons from this game and pursuing goals in keeping with the Triforce. If you're interested in some more backstory, take a gander at my battle log (linked in my signature). If not, that's awesome. Jump right in!

So far, I've awakened three sages and collected their medallions as a pledge that they will add their power to mine...

Rauru - Sage of Light

Light_Medallion.png

Saria - Sage of Forest

Forest_Medallion.png

Darunia - Sage of Fire

Fire_Medallion.png

The Ice Cavern is a mini-dungeon, so there isn't a medallion on the line this challenge. However, without defeating this dungeon, it will be impossible to progress and awaken the other Sages. We can't have that! So, it's time to get to work...

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u7.png

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Hello! Awesome goals and layout, and cool to see someone sharing their journal! Also have along the lines similar goals.!

Welcome :) I've enjoyed sharing my triforce journal shenanigans. It's a good way to track progress without triggering my inner perfectionist. Hehe.

• Like 2

Day 1

- this is my next stop before reading and sleep

- played a bunch of OOT - gorram, the fire temple is hard and obnoxious... I keep falling off of things and running out of bombs. I beat the flare dancer, but I can't make it to the friggen hammer in time. >:/  Soon, hammer. I'm coming for you.

- chatted with my former roomie

- this may be a small thing, but I kept typing when my attending wanted to just tell me her life story. I try to be supportive, but I also don't want to stay at work late on a Sunday playing counselor. So, she can talk at me while I get my work done.

28849_sokka.png

• Like 7

Day 2

- this is my next stop before reading and sleep

- whole pot of rooibos tea made with ginger and lemon

- barefoot mindfulness walk around the block

- none today, but I wore my new Katara necklace (reward from last challenge)

last_airbender_elements_symbol_pendant_w

• Like 8
5 hours ago, annyshay said:

- none today, but I wore my new Katara necklace (reward from last challenge)

Beautiful!

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

- barefoot mindfulness walk around the block

I walk barefoot on our property, but not outside the fence. The boys are almost always and anywhere barefoot, but some places you just don't want to walk barefoot here.

4 hours ago, Dagger said:

Another barefoot walker! Sounds really nice.

If only it wasn't snowing again here... *le sigh*

As I was walking I was wondering to myself if I would walk barefoot in the snow. I live in Minnesota, so it may still snow this year. ;) Not sure I'm quite as hardcore as @Wolfen

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Beautiful!

I walk barefoot on our property, but not outside the fence. The boys are almost always and anywhere barefoot, but some places you just don't want to walk barefoot here.

My mom had to make a rule that I couldn't go near our horses with boots, or at least shoes on, when I was a child. It's nice to get back to the grass and earth and pebbles. :)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, zenLara said:

What a nice challenge! Love it!

Amen to this. 

Thanks. It's kinda creepy really. Especially with all the ridiculous sexist shenanigans perpetrated by the current head of my government. >:/ Uh oh, my politics are showing. ;)

• Like 4
On 4/22/2017 at 10:17 PM, annyshay said:

Anthem for Week 1?

Believer is suuuuuch a good song. I have consistently enjoyed every song by Imagine Dragons and can be heard singing them at the top of my lungs on a regular basis. ;)

I'm also really fond of these guys:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Believer is suuuuuch a good song. I have consistently enjoyed every song by Imagine Dragons and can be heard singing them at the top of my lungs on a regular basis. ;)

I'm also really fond of these guys:

I'm the same way with Imagine Dragons. They're my jam, basically.

I've heard that song and love it also. Thanks for the details so that it can become part of my playlists!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, karinajean said:

hey!

oh barefoot walking. we have some rules about when you have to wear boots but it's mostly "when you're using a lawnmower or riding a motorcycle." I love not having shoes on.

Sounds like our households have similar philosophies. ;)

• Like 1