• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay in the Ice Cavern

Cross-post from Battle Log...

I've hit a patch of not wanting to do a damn thing. Help! Luckily my routines are strong and I'm cooking for myself, but can you guys help me with my mental funk?

• Like 7

Me too! :( But we can't help you - this is the secret Boss Fight where the enemy isn't strong but just convinces you that it's not worth fighting. And it invites you to go grab doughnuts, or watch YouTube videos for 4 hours, or whatever your weak spot is...

Maybe you need to rediscover some motivation? Remember why you wanted to do those damned things that you're not doing, imagine what you'd like annyshay level 21 to be like - would she do what you're doing now?

It could also be that you need more sleep, social time, water or to write out your thoughts to clear space in your mind for getting things done.

Ironically and hypocritically, I'm procrastinating getting my stuff done by posting this :P

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Me too! :( But we can't help you - this is the secret Boss Fight where the enemy isn't strong but just convinces you that it's not worth fighting. And it invites you to go grab doughnuts, or watch YouTube videos for 4 hours, or whatever your weak spot is...

I felt like this 2-3 weeks ago. I can't tell you what to do, I just tried to convince myself to do one thing for that day, other than the normal routine and cooking. Just one thing, no more, but at least keep to your routine and cooking too. And sending you loads and loads of hugs and encouragement :love_heart::loyal:

• Like 2

I wish I knew a good answer.  When I get like that one of two things happens:

1. I stop doing everything useful and backslide

2. I keep doing what I should do even though I don't want to, and eventually funk goes away

good luck *hugs*

• Like 2

Went out swing dancing because I've gotten friends to go with me. That's my thing for today and was quite fun.

What I really need is a vacation, but in the interim... yes, I'm trying to stay on top of sleep, water, journaling, and other self care. I'm actually not really falling behind there. It's amazing how often my feeling behind is all in my own expectations of myself.

I tend to go with #2 above, MichiruSedai, but am trying to be careful of "shoulds" so I don't slip into perfectionism and inevitable burn out.

So, basically, I think I want to keep doing my best and being patient with the natural ups and downs in my mood and energy. Thanks as always for the support, rebels!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

It's amazing how often my feeling behind is all in my own expectations of myself.

Yip! I had a mild panic moment, then wrote out all I've managed to do the last three weeks and gave myself some perspective.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Went out swing dancing because I've gotten friends to go with me. That's my thing for today and was quite fun.

Woot! Woot! Glad you had a good time.

• Like 2

On 17/5/2017 at 1:42 PM, annyshay said:

I've hit a patch of not wanting to do a damn thing. Help! Luckily my routines are strong and I'm cooking for myself, but can you guys help me with my mental funk?

I can't give you any help, unfortunately. I've been feeling like this for some time now and I don't seem to be able to find any motivation. All I can say is that I understand you, and that I am sorry, because it is not nice to feel like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

I can't give you any help, unfortunately. I've been feeling like this for some time now and I don't seem to be able to find any motivation. All I can say is that I understand you, and that I am sorry, because it is not nice to feel like that.

Hope we both find a lighter feeling soon. Hugs!

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 7:42 AM, annyshay said:

e7b7ce2a8ff588b583dc23863c49f35361b35b95

• Like 3

CHALLENGE SUMMARY

Explore - Journaling

100%

Expand - Self Care

100%

Embody - Katara - Boundaries

100%

A+ = DING! LEVEL 20!!!

• Like 6