Back in Black - Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Blaze

I was in the Assassins Guild quite some time ago, but I've been an Adventurer since then.  Last night, however, I watched Assassin's Creed - because Fasbender!  And since I know I need to change things up with my challenges, if you all don't mind, I've returned for this round, and maybe longer. ^_^  I want to Assassinate my challenges and I want to be the boss of my body...  Wait no, that's not quite right.  'Want' and 'need' are purposeless words, like 'try'.  A great being once said 'Do or do not, there is no try.'  If I say I need to, or want to, do something, but then don't take the steps to achieve that something, then what's the point?  I'm forty-seven years old, sneaking up fast on another birthday and a big hiking adventure trip to Glacier National Park, both in August.  I've been stagnant with my weight-loss for too long and I've never really been committed to it, or to improving my fitness consistently.  This needs to change.

During this challenge I WILL BE the master of my body, I WILL OWN every bite of food or ounce of liquid I consume, and I WILL HAVE FUN!

Stay tuned for more details, once I figure out what those details are.  And in the meantime, please enjoy some Fasbender.  I know I always do.

assassins-creed-michael-fassebender-01-6

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

Today has been a pretty good day.  I made it to church pretty much on time. Yay!  In the afternoon, I hiked three miles, and took some creative alternate routes while I was at it.  While I was out there I hung off a tree limb for 10 seconds just because.  Later I went shopping and managed to not buy any snacks in the check-out except for ONE piece of extra-dark chocolate.  Then I created a new recipe of the sort that I love - super easy.  It's a pork stir-fry and I've got three meals worth of leftovers to look forward to.  And all the while I've been doing these things today. I've come up with some sort of a plan for this challenge.

I've already stated my overarching goals in my first post, although it was all pretty vague.  Here are my specific goals, and all three seem to have 2 parts to them.

eatright.jpg

INTAKE CONTROL - I've been a member of Weight Watchers for quite some time.  But I really don't like to count points.  However, counting points meshes with my goal to be totally accountable for what I eat.  Therefore.  I WILL track my points every day.  If I do not track the points, I must at least write down the food.  I tracked today and came out at 31 points.  30 for the day plus one of my weekly anytime points.  So that's excellent to start.  AND along with this I'll also track my water intake with a goal of at least 60 ounces per day.  Today I don't think I quite made it.

ASSASINS+CREED+WORKOUT+-+EJERCICIOS.jpg

OUTPUT CONTROL - I have a membership at a gym, but lately I've been going only once a week, if that, do take a zumba class.  That changes for this challenge.  I will go to the gym three days per week, with a plan to complete at least one set of Darabee's Assassin's workout while I'm there, if it's a Zumba night, and at least three if it isn't.  I've got it saved on my phone so I'll always have it with me.  The schedule will be Tuesday night, Thursday night, and either Saturday morning before choir, or Sunday afternoon following church - which gives me some flexibility on the weekends.  AND I also want to up my daily steps from 50,000 weekly, to 70,000 weekly.  I've been pretty consistent with my walking and hiking so I think I can do that.

giphy.gif

TIME CONTROL - That sounds way cooler than it is.  It's a strange one, but you'll note how I celebrated being almost on time for church this morning?  I'm almost on time for work most days as well.  And that's because I tend to stay up late and then have trouble getting going in the morning - NOT a morning person and hating coffee doesn't help with that any.  So I will be punctual.  Bedtime/lights out is 11:15.  Used to be my bedtime goals was 11:30 but that doesn't work so good, and 11:00 still feels too early, so I think it's a good compromise for working toward 11pm.  I'm going to work on not using my snooze button, but the second part is that I will get out of the house by 7:25 am on weekdays .  Boss has enough to complain about without me being a few minutes late every day on top of that.

BONUS - I do better when I post regularly.  So I will post my progress at least three times per week.

These are my stats to start:

Weight = 209.2

Bust = 47

Chest = 39

Waist = 43

Midway = 47

Hips = 45

Thighs = 26.5/26

Knees = 17/17

Calves = 17/17

Upper Arm = 14/13.5

Forearm = 11/11

In conclusion, I saw this today and it made me happy.  And I'm all about happy, so I'm sharing the joy!   Good night!

a59c021ee19883757f05fd40d467057e.jpg

• Like 3

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

Great looking challenge!  Can't wait to see your progress!

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

On 4/25/2017 at 0:36 PM, JediNickD said:

Great looking challenge!  Can't wait to see your progress!

Thanks!  Progress is happening.  I know I have some self-control issues with the biggest part of the challenge, the food.  My self-control seems to disappear in the evening when snack cravings attack.  Right now this has involved having a bowl of cereal or something.  I tried just doing a sugar-free iced tea last night but that didn't work.  More cereal around 10 pm.  I've got fruit.  I just need to convince my brain that fruit is a better option than anything chocolate-related.  Or else...  put some chocolate on my fruit?

I realize I need to put some parameters on how success is measured, and I also need to set my bounty for success.  I already know what I want - the third season of Game of Thrones.  Yes, I'm behind on this series, and I already know all of the spoilers, but I'm loving it.  Season Three shall be my bounty upon successful completion of challenge!  THAT should really motivate me. ^_^

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

4 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Thanks!  Progress is happening.  I know I have some self-control issues with the biggest part of the challenge, the food.  My self-control seems to disappear in the evening when snack cravings attack.  Right now this has involved having a bowl of cereal or something.  I tried just doing a sugar-free iced tea last night but that didn't work.  More cereal around 10 pm.  I've got fruit.  I just need to convince my brain that fruit is a better option than anything chocolate-related.  Or else...  put some chocolate on my fruit?

What about portion size of the bowl of cereal?  Half a bowl with fruit?  Small steps to form the healthy habit!

• Like 1

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Well well well.  Things have not gone entirely to plan.  But there's improvement.

Input Control - I have not tracked every single day and every single food, but I've tracked at least half the food I ate this week, and that's a definite improvement over not tracking anything at all.  And there's been a general downward trend in my daily morning weigh-ins, although I stayed over at a friend's house last night and couldn't weigh in this morning, but it's generally encouraging.  

Output Control - I misplaced the charger for my garmin Vivoactive fitness tracker and only found it late yesterday so that device has only tracked steps for today, but my iPhone can track steps as well, even if it only gets the ones I take while carrying it.  So rough estimate of steps for the week is.....  hmm, it's actually pretty close to 70,000 despite that I barely did 5000 steps yesterday.  Lots of rain through that off.  For today I just hit 10,000 so I'm off to a good start for this week.  Yay! I went to Zumba on Tuesday, and I went to the club again on Thursday and used the elliptical machines in the movie room to watch Maverick and get my steps in.  This weekend I've been out of town for most of it so didn't get my weekend workout in.  But on both occasions I did go, I didn't much feel up to doing the Assassin's workout as well.  Truth be told, when I looked at that thing in earnest, well I'm really not at that level of fitness.  I'll aim for Tuesday and Thursday at the gym this week, and the weekend may be a bit dodgy again, lots of activities planned, but going twice a week - again, that's better than only going once or not at all, so IMPROVEMENT!

Time Control - I'm getting better here as well.  Really focusing on lights out by 11:15, which means I've got to be in bed in less than 10 minutes, but I can make that.  And last week I actually made it into the office before some of my co-workers.  They seemed surprised.  I should like to continue surprising them until they get used to seeing me there on time and are more surprised if ever I'm late.

And let's see.  This is my review of the previous week's work, so I think that counts as three for the week.  Here's to another week of improvement!

P.S. - This thought popped into my head earlier in the week, and makes a good motto for me.

Don't procrastinate.  Assassinate!

NEz5WVD34LdUDz_1_b.jpg

• Like 2

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Geez.  I think my cat must have sat on the space bar for my last post from last night.  It took me ages to clear out all those extra lines today, but it looks much better.  And I found a different workou from Darebee to try.  It's called Catepillar/Butterfly- not quite as cool as the Assassin's Workout, but I like it.  

You can find it here.

http://darebee.com/workouts/caterpillar-butterfly-workout.html

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Averagers,

Hear my plea!  Without an effort from the Whole team, we are not Wholly Averagers, but Some Averagers.  I'd settle for Mostly Averagers; however, I know we can pull together and be the best team in this Mini!  Ramp up the effort! 

Spoiler