• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hadassah

Dust Yourself Off and Start Again!

Started my first challenge last month...due to a few unforeseen circumstances, I dropped the ball and fell down pretty hard. New challenge starts today and I plan to do the same challenges as before that I laid out for myself. I need to overcome these before I move on.

1. Drop pop intake down to 2-3 glasses per week.

2. Eat more fruits and veggies.

3. Walk at least 10 minutes 3x week.

4. Get on a sleep schedule.

• Like 2

Awesome! Stick with it. 

I'm curious about #2 and #4...how do you know if you are doing it? I would suggest putting a daily number on the fruits and veg for #2 and for #4 come up with the schedule and track how often you stick to it. 

#2 Ex- I will eat X amount of fruit and Y amount of veggies per (meal or day or week).

#4 Ex- I will go to bed by 9pm 5 out of 7 days a week.

• Like 2

^ Great suggestions. I'd also ask how much pop you're drinking right now and how you're planning on cutting down. Eg swapping it for tea, sparkling water, something else? Not to be critical, of course, but because when you're really specific it's easier to track your progress.

sorry to hear your first challenge didn't go well. we're here for you if you need anything!

• Like 1

It's easy for me to gauge bc I don't eat very much as far as fruits and veggies. I will know I've achieved this bc when I started this last month, I was doing really well until we had a death in the family. I made sure to have salads, cut up veggies, and make vegetable sides and incorporate fresh veggies into my main meals. Also I was grabbing for fruit when I wanted something sweet. This is something I will do again. So going from eating few veggies and fruits to eating them daily is a huge jump for me.

Pop, I was down to 2 a week....then it escalated when everything fell apart. I'm up to 2-3 2 liters a week again. I was drinking a lot of water and 100% juices, a little tea, and some milk. (I still incorporate dairy bc my body needs it and I like it. ;) )

I also have myfitnesspal where I can log everything...and I was...May start that back tomorrow.

Sleep, I have a fitbit. It tells me how long I slept and how much I was restless or awake. It doesn't do me any good to set a time to go to bed and get up...I've tried for years. But I have been making myself stay up when I wake up early in the mornings and no naps during the day. It helps me to actually be tired and ready to go to sleep at a decent hour.

Great questions! I had it figured out last challenge and was doing great, but things fell apart. I just wasn't strong enough yet to say no to bad stuff and plus my parents came in for the funeral and was staying with us...so it was easier to make meals I knew everyone would eat. Not sure my dad would've eaten paleo...my mom...maybe...lol

I did notice in the beginning of the last round how I felt when I had stopped eating cereal and then ate a bowl...well, I ate a bowl of cereal (bc it was quick) bc I had to go somewhere....I literally felt sick after eating it! But unfortunately, where I've ate things that's not paleo...I'm back to feeling yucky, sluggish, and in a fog. I need to not just get back on board, but stick with it.

• Like 1

I know that cereal feel! I have cravings for it every now and then, and then I eat it and I'm like 'why did I want this?' I tend to get headaches and feel really bloated after them. But use it as motivation! You can avoid them! 

How's week 1 been coming along so far? Better than last time, or are you planning on improving from this week as well?

Evaluating my diet plan...lol My husband is in the preliminary process of bariatric surgery. He has to actually lose about 50 pounds before surgery. And the plan he's on is very similar to paleo....sooo.....I took an intentional hiatus bc I am doing this with him (except the surgery).  I told him I'd be with him every step of the way...except the bowel prep, surgery, and baby food (in the 2nd or 3rd phase)...So, we are doing this together as much as possible. Plus we are both doing myfitnesspal again and he will have to log 2 weeks of food and exercise to turn in. Fun stuff! ;) 

• Like 1

Ah! How did I miss your thread! *following*

2 hours ago, Hadassah said:

Thank you! and I stopped drinking pop as of Monday...so I can check that off my list!

Yay! :D

@HymnusalNope. I fell...hard...picked pop back up and spiraled out of control....back to eating junk and not good foods. :( I need someone to take bad stuff out of my hands and replace them with things that are good for me.

:( 
There's another challenge coming up, you can always try again! Even if you do an easier challenge to think of ways you might address the control problems before tackling them it would be a great exercise! (ie. try to identify triggers, or slowly remove junk from home environment, etc).
I know you can do it! :) 

• Like 1