Lurker No More! ~Akkina

Akkina

Yo Yo Yo!!!

Ok, back to the regular stuff! My name is Akkina, I am 25 year old witch(literally) whose gotten a bit...fat. Ok, I lie, I've always been fat, and I've always been out of shape. I got married on August 6th of 2016, and in the 8 months since, I've ballooned up to my official highest weight of 280 lbs and I am appalled with myself! 

I hadn't planned on joining this challenge, but I popped onto the forums to browse for cycling threads and saw that the new challenge started tomorrow, and well...fate!

My Quests for this Challenge-

So some of these might fluctuate, a bit, as some of my fitness goals are aimed towards cycling, and I don't get my bike for several days, so we're going to see how I take to it, and how out of shape I am before I set anything too seriously there.

Consistently count calories

I have gone back to counting calories, and I've been pretty good here, but, I'd still like to strike my aim at being more accurate, and less guessing. So if I can't find it in MyFitnessPal, no shoving it in my cake hole.

Pack Lunch+Breakfast on days I work

I work 4, 10 hour shifts a week, and often, I end up eating breakfast at work which isn't bad, but, I work for a credit union inside a Wal-Mart store and the temptation is much, much too high to just not pack lunch, and therefore, eat unhealthily.

Follow my workout schedule- Complete at least half of my planned workouts a week

While I'm hoping to get them all in, I will make myself some allowances in that just in case. I set myself a pretty easy plan, and I'm going to do my best to stick to it.

I am going to take this challenge slow ad steady, and really get back into the grind. I've been counting calories, and trying to get my butt moving a bit more than I was which has helped a ton! My start weight was 280.3, my current weight(before my period :( ) was 272.2 lbs, since April 6th. Yay progress already!

The Workout Plan

Monday: Cycle + Yoga/stretching

Tuesday: Run + weights or body weight workout

WednesdayCycle + Yoga/Stretching

Thursday: Run + weights or body weight workout

Friday: Cycle + Yoga/stretching

Saturday: Run + weights or body weight workout

Sunday: Swimming or rest day

Let's kick some butt guys!!

• Like 2

Awooooooooo! Howling the moon!!

Your friendly local werewolf.

First of all, grats on the wedding! Super exciting!

I really like your challenge goals - love the fact that you've got a plan, but are willing to make exceptions based upon you. That is so important to succeeding!

On 4/23/2017 at 4:02 AM, Akkina said:

Pack Lunch+Breakfast on days I work

I work 4, 10 hour shifts a week, and often, I end up eating breakfast at work which isn't bad, but, I work for a credit union inside a Wal-Mart store and the temptation is much, much too high to just not pack lunch, and therefore, eat unhe

I used to like working in a grocery store because there were so many healthy options available! The hardest part was always choosing the healthy options over the unhealthy ones!

On 4/23/2017 at 4:02 AM, Akkina said:

Let's kick some butt guys!!

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined us. Let me know if I can support you in any way.

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Glad you decided to start. I always get a lot of motivation and accountability from the challenge threads, so I hope it helps you too.

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017