Bouncer's "Finals" Fight and Recovery

Hello, well after saying I wouldn't do a challenge... And then I started to procrastinate on the forums... 

Craving the community, and being on the forums is a little better than binge watching anything that seems appealing. 

With the start of a new challenge, I'm also realizing how much I need to narrow down my goals.... 

Back to the basics challenge! 

Week 1:

1. Powering  up my Light Magic: 0/7

A walk in unpaved nature and 444 words of writing a day, helps keeps the worst of depression away. 

3255282850_1_3_izMQlIiJ.gif

2. Check in with my BuJo Daily: 0/7

6360136025038004131347378819_tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5xokf1330t0c404wk4cgokcsw_640.gif

BuJo is happiness of all planners for me, now to just use it every day and keep it with me... 

3.  Finish the Semester with my Head Held High 0/7 (every day I work on it, may add another count for how many things I get done)

nvKrjeX.gif

This is a boss that I'm fighting that I decided to skip some of the grind in eight levels, and ended up with not enough time and too many levels to muster up quickly in a short amount of time... 

Tuesday is my last day in my favorite class for Rec & Park, next Tuesday is my final presentation of a research paper that is barely on paper.

I'm going to need some accountability help! So posting on here on my next goal and when I get it done....  (Other goals maybe thrown in here if I find myself procrastinating...)

4. Get to work & Class on time... 0/5

(bonus for leaving apartment 2 hours before shift on Janitor job, and 1 hour before Museum job). 

01-2-hate-commute-gif.gif

Things are broken in my mini-van where I'm dealing with the loveliness of having to pull over sometimes because my security system is going off with the horn... (just sounds like I'm honking the horn, not one of those cool siren type sounds....) And I found heat makes it worst....

So leaving early gives me enough time to deal with it, show up, and some down time to cool down a bit before going in... 

For the month bonus: Survive my van's problems, and hit my other goals every day!

728305.gif

(Really feeling this meme at a few points). 0/28
I found out a car horn is the number one sound that can bring my Willpower to zero... I am in my final countdown. I need to get moving, and fly by my pants. 

Boom! First intro challenge post with all gifs... 

(While chilling at work...)

• Like 5

Sunday: 

Light Magic - 1/7 (would post pic I made but forgot phone in car)

BuJo Check-In- 1/7 Found out I have no idea where my main journal is (will need to find because my main appointments and stuff are in it), but found a small notebook to replace for now as I get through goals

School- In progress... Will post final list tomorrow

On Time- 1/7 I left 30 mins after the 2-hour mark.... So I showed up the first job on time.  

Surviving- In progress.

3 hits, now to work on homework. 

Goals for tonight:

-2 discussion board posts for hard class

-1 hour of studying on easy class for exam

Probably will have no time afterward. The plan is to turn off screens after 9:30. So I get to sleep at a decent time. So I can wake up early to spend the whole day at school. 

My attention span hasn't been working at home, bringing my own computer for the sake of all notes are on here... 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

BuJo is happiness of all planners for me, now to just use it every day and keep it with me... 

Bujo happiness! 

I find using mine to be pretty relaxing, maybe because I've more or less turned it into a coloring book.

1 hour ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

My attention span hasn't been working at home, bringing my own computer for the sake of all notes are on here... 

I can never focus at home... I think when I had classes, I spent just as much time at the library as I did at home. Actually I think it was more time at the library...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I find using mine to be pretty relaxing, maybe because I've more or less turned it into a coloring book.

Hehe, yeah I'm a newbie, just started last February, actually using it as a planner/journal now.  Still learning what works for me. I have a chart system that I found I like using for personal challenges but haven't really found an index system that works in between all my journals and notes, and varied to do lists. 

9 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I can never focus at home... I think when I had classes, I spent just as much time at the library as I did at home. Actually I think it was more time at the library...

Yeah, for me it really varies throughout the semester. But then again looking back now having a place to schedule in, and find myself accountable was my top battle. I personally was also quite anxious about leaving my stuff behind in the middle of a library/taking a small break... A friend told me I shouldn't worry about, but I think I can also quench it by bringing my heavy laptop and setting myself near the bathroom xD 

My anxiety about is part of the university be 7x the size of the last college I came from (where if someone stole something from you, you would probably find it by the end of the year). 

Well screens off by 9:30 isn't happening...

Homework wise:

-40 mins on studying for exam (1 section fully mind mapped)

-Hard class discussion posts were written! (Whoop first time caught up for a week... had taken me 15 weeks to figure it out). 

-Played 40 mins of the hard class video game (Never Alone), I'm really close to the end I think. It's a darn platform like game with the puzzles. I'm enjoying the game, just emotionally hard at times/while I shout at the game every time the girl dies... 

I'm still up due to needing to still write... Ended up choosing a monster for 700 words (so  I'll get about 650 written on 4thewords). 

I've been annoyed with my writing, I've been feeling the "I need to write, but only get so many highs out of it compared to what I'm used to...." I think I'm going through a new growing phase of writing, reality actually meeting fictions (while I write to help take my imagination so my dreams don't get confused with reality). 

I guess to me I just really miss writing like crazy. 

Ah well, shower, finish writing then bed. Will be back in the mroning. 

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Hehe, yeah I'm a newbie, just started last February, actually using it as a planner/journal now.  Still learning what works for me. I have a chart system that I found I like using for personal challenges but haven't really found an index system that works in between all my journals and notes, and varied to do lists. 

I started mid February. :)

I mostly use it as a daily to-do list. And challenge trackers. The most important one for me is my mood chart/tracker.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I started mid February. :)

I mostly use it as a daily to-do list. And challenge trackers. The most important one for me is my mood chart/tracker.

I thought about doing a mood tracker, then I realized how I journal I can tell how I'm doing by how much I'm writing or a notation of the darkness or happiness going on. 

Morning all! I've been up for 2 hours, I'm dressed ate somewhat of a breakfast I could find in my kitchen (my kitchen is in full disaster mode, only reason it doesn't smell is I've been trying to throw out anything that looks like a growing science project, and b/c of car problems grocery shopping is just too many steps for how busy/lack of willpower). 

Okay, the goal is to get out of the apartment in 20 mins. Be at the library before noon. In between go for a walk at a park, and pick up food before camping in the library before last day of easy class. Will be back by noon hopefully.

• Like 2

Boom! Made it and hit all my goals by 11:54 am! Boom!

I wasn't sure there for a bit since my back door kept closing and then opening (than alarms would be on full blast). I think on average every 4 miles I drove this would happen, going to be taking the back roads for now on.... 

But I survived it! Hoozah. 

I'm now also in a quiet study area, because it happens to be the closest plugin by the bathrooms.However, not sure how loud my keyboard is I realized. Oh well, I will be out of here by 1:45....

Okay, so school work... Going to choose on finding a paper that needs to be turned in. Every 20 minutes alternate with my finals project. Will have to see how that goes. 

Also note, before I did the above post I finished the game Never Alone:

never-alone-kisima-ingitchuna-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-20oct14?$Icon$

I played it through steam, where there is also the second game "Fox Tales". Which I have no idea what's it about. And won't play probably until next winter. 

It is a beautiful game, and a wonderful way to learn about a Native peoples culture while playing a through an Oral Tradition story. 

There is a phone version (but my classmates have disliked that one), I personally like the computer since that's where I can see the best graphic, and it is on other platforms. 

It's also a co-op game, which I advise if you have a buddy, lots of yelling at the computer otherwise...

Okay now to work!

• Like 3

Updating due to losing steam... open to motivational music or memes at this point xD (Summer goal get a group of people for accountability support). 

I have cited everything... and found out one of the youtube videos can open another source. Noted, and now going to figure out how to summarize each source and put it in a paper I don't really know what to do with...  Breaking it down one step at a time.

Skyrim I've been using as a coping mechanism along with reading up people's posts during quick breaks. The evening tiredness is here and I need to start sipping my monster a bit faster. 

• Like 3

Okie Dokie. Finally getting somewhere I feel like with my research... And I need to end it up shortly.  This is the part I can't stand about studying at the library, however, I know I'm at least 2 hours more of studying than I was this morning. 

Going to do my writing, eat my salad and pack up to my car. (Do a prayer before I enter my car). Drop my stuff off, go buy breakfast for tomorrow before leaving to go home. I will be home before 10:00 (quiet hours at my apartment afterward). I will get home safely and easily. Boom. 

So yeah... boom.... 

(Computer will be staying in car, and I downloaded two articles I want to look through. Something to read when I'm waiting, chilling, can't sleep).

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Leigh said:

Not at all motivational but I love it dearly, look up Scooter - R U :)? It has a total of three words for the whole song but it always makes me feel better to hear it.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Aah, I forgot about Scooter!

Thanks for reminding me, will be blasting as I get ready in the morning!

• Like 1

Hey, all! 

Okay, 2 pm and finally on the computer after a busy 15 hours(ish). 

Got home safely, actually figured out some back roads that I can easily drive and not have my "siren" go off!

I was on the road by 5:45 this morning, where I was able to park my car at school and then run off to the bus to work. Was at work 30 minutes early, and rewarded me with a mocha from Starbucks for "mission accomplished" (also had 5ish hours of sleep and showered... really was on my top game). 

Had a meeting during lunch, and rewarded me for at least making through life with 20 minutes of Skyrim after setting up my study area at the school library. 

Okay, now school.

Online exam!

Chose online over in class, due to online is open book!

So going to get that done! While listening to Scooter...

Oh also today, I'm trying out a large  Match Latte instead of Monster energy drinks... A doctor told me she read has heard it can help with a natural stimulant without all the extra hype, of course, I added the extra hype the cream and sugar.... (tastes like Candy...) 

Side life goal: Find my favorite tea mixes over pop, energy drinks, and coffee....

• Like 4

Huzzah! Passed exam 100%

And I think I got an A in the class (or at least an A-)

And checked my email... My Oral Traditions professor (hard class) is really worried about me failing my class... Shit... Need to get stuff in badly. But that's for today and tomorrow (and Thursday at the worst). 

She asked me to come see her for regular class time (otherwise need to pack up and go talk to her now...)

First going to check my grades for all the zeros. She finally gave me the last date, May 1st. My goal gets it done within the next 72 hours!

Thanks all for the likes! Encouragement well needed.;... Feeling the push! (it's the final countdown!)

Thank-You-Photo-1.jpg

• Like 4

Survived the "intervention". Figuring out my grade is 43%.... (while my other class was 90%... just a few extremes here). 

Okie Dokie... 

Pretty much what happened at the intervention:

-I still had no argument, barely any sources I could trust.... 

tumblr_nmtef0Gx3v1uopt2uo1_400.jpg

-She finally instructed me and gave me a straight plan that she emailed to me and had me right down, and helped me through the argument. 

-So I'm better off than I was a few hours ago. 

Masterlist of passing my class:

1. Listening paper 3

2. Basso Paper

3. Momaday Paper

4. Eastman paper

5. Discussion Board 5

6. Discussion Board 6

7. Field Trip Extra Credit Essay

-Final Project (turn it on time by Sunday)

-Final Project Presentation (Presented on Last Day)

So there for accountability, let's kills the list!!!

Rolling a die! 1-7 

3! 

Oh, wait just realized I need to read two articles to make sure I'm writing the right thing in all the other papers. 

So let's see what i can get done:

1.Article 1 read

2. Article 2 read

3. Momaday paper (Outline, b/s a paper, turn in). 

50c2f7ae3d7f8fb212e6f3fe3ac603aa.jpg

• Like 3
On 4/23/2017 at 4:47 PM, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Boom! First intro challenge post with all gifs... 

This is a great challenge! I'm glad you decided to do it. I'm in favor of any challenge that includes more time in nature. Let me know if I can support you in any way.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

I'm in favor of any challenge that includes more time in nature.

Yup, I'll be doing more of this as I grow stronger, I noticed heavily after a few outings how my stamina of being outside is low.... This summer I'll be figuring out more ways to get outside, and with my major turning into Parks and Rec I'll be looking into hopefully a volunteer/job that gets me out there also.

10 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Let me know if I can support you in any way.

Looking for any motivational music! (just from other people, looking for more non-vocal stuff, but anything will do to at least spice up my youtube suggestions :P )

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

looking for more non-vocal stuff

Two Steps from Hell gets me pumped up, makes me feel like a warrior:

I also tend to listen to a variety of epic movie scores, like Gladiator or Braveheart, as well as scores from action films like the Bourne series.

@WolfenThank you! Will help, especially with my marathon of work tomorrow. 

So the evening is finishing up, I need to write up my daily writing and check in with my journal. Get some supper at Kwik Trip (some breakfast again....) Then head home, shower and bed. 

And take note of where I'm stopping. I'm just through the first article. Which I kind of expected. 

Tomorrow I have no other obligations then "get r' done". So like this morning, I'm planning to open my car door by 6 (technically after quiet hours unlike my 5:45 wake up call). Grab needed food resources, go for my walk around the school, and then hit the books. (for about 12 hours hopefully). 

So I'll call it a night on here... so I can crash into bed when I get home. 

Also, Matcha Latte. Going to be getting more of these things tomorrow. The Same benefit I get out of Monsters, but tastes better and dehydrates me less. Happy finals drink :D

• Like 4

Good morning all!

Woke up at 5:20 this morning, had some decent sleep (really glad I kept my screens in my car for the sake of going to bed before 10). Was on the road after 6 am, but before 6:30. So pretty much hit a goal. 

Didn't realize I had misplaced my card for food today from filling up gas last night... Luckily have a small bit of cash for protein bars and fruit, and a little leftover for the to be needed latte this afternoon. 

Did a bit of Skyrim, died twice since I started the game a couple days ago. While going through my first dungeon. I ended up cutting the gaming time short to start studying to give myself a break from the game... That worked out!

So reading article 1 and 2. Hoping to be done with these soon as I refresh over them. Need to get them printed (since their main teaching points go into all the papers.... finally understand at the last week. But at least I understand now). 

Will check back at noon! (or when I find myself swaying from my goals...)

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Did a bit of Skyrim, died twice since I started the game a couple days ago. While going through my first dungeon. I ended up cutting the gaming time short to start studying to give myself a break from the game... That worked out!

Frustrated at the game? Go study! Frustrated from studying? Go back to playing the game! It's great, and I love when things work out like that. I'd do it more often if my gaming area and my studying area weren't miles apart. (I don't have a laptop, just a netbook on its last legs.) And it doesn't work as well when playing the game is actually part of studying...

(P.S. You're doing a great job!)

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

It's great, and I love when things work out like that. I'd do it more often if my gaming area and my studying area weren't miles apart. (I don't have a laptop, just a netbook on its last legs.) And it doesn't work as well when playing the game is actually part of studying...

Me Brining home away from home XD So much weight, but worth it for this week. Will have to figure it out next year... 

And thanks zeroh! One article has been read, since 8 (halfway done with second). And I think I've died 3 times in skyrim also....

Spoiler

5900b685d9c0d_Homeawayfromhomesmaller2.thumb.jpg.8786f6e7e840d17a55363cfe7b2c4853.jpg

• Like 4

And it's 12:22 pm!

There has been a few moments where the battle, especially the "you don't have enough time" (there's a couple others, but they're hidden away for now...)

Had finished reading articles by Noon! Boom! (So proud of myself to continue on because I wasn't sure I was going to make it). 

They make a lot more sense now, or at least 75% of the time. 

Now working on outline for the Momaday paper... It was so painful getting started that I stopped to eat a pear, and found videos for my class (another load of procrastination right there). Mainly going to listen/watch them when eating or needing a small breather (or just to close my eyes). But keeping it minimal... I can watch everything after May 1st. 

Okay goal, outline! By 1:30 pm! (So i can start writing before I get the number one desired cup of tea...)

1010860_10151849378782289_920159644_n_zpsdf6ae578.jpg

(I really need to figure out where the color printer is so I can post some of these memes all over my walls)

• Like 3