• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouncer_the_Lovable

Bouncer's "Finals" Fight and Recovery

Music suggestions: Pirates of the Caribbean sound track, or like an EDM 3 hour mix. I put one on at work today and got all my prep done an hour and a half early and then did 90% of the manager's work because I was bored.

Do you know when you were so far behind in that one class? Like super sick or it was little stuff when you had big stuff for other classes? Cause I know both of those fucked me over for a few classes over the years.

If you are doing a bujo (I think I saw mention of one here) maybe throw an hour long block each day just for article reading for a specific class? Then follow it up with some game time as a motivation to read and note take as much as possible each day :)

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Pirates of the Caribbean sound track

So far my favorite listening lately... Started listening to it when I remembered I had this on repeat a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

EDM 3 hour mix. I put one on at work today and got all my prep done an hour and a half early and then did 90% of the manager's work because I was bored. emoji14.png

xD will be using this hoping for similar response on my studying xD

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

Do you know when you were so far behind in that one class? Like super sick or it was little stuff when you had big stuff for other classes? Cause I know both of those fucked me over for a few classes over the years.

Pretty much a lot of different learning, I really shouldn't have taken a Writing Intensive class my first semester back in school. I'll be going into a bit more after I pass this class by next week... 

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

f you are doing a bujo (I think I saw mention of one here) maybe throw an hour long block each day just for article reading for a specific class? Then follow it up with some game time as a motivation to read and note take as much as possib

Yeah, my darn stamina has been the hardest thing about doing an hour straight of reading... Been trying to just double the amount I work compared to game time. 

I have about 3 coping things going on with my screen. But it seems to be working, as I've been at it for a couple days now as long as I'm in the library...

Even when I think I'm not able to make it I end up hitting my personal goal, or seeing what needs to happen. 

Okay, Momaday paper... Realized I had no idea how to write the paper because I barely remembered anything in the book.... Luckily the book is short and I'm a quarter way through and slowly filling out my outline. There was the talk of my inner voice saying, "maybe you should move to an easier paper." The only reason I didn't listen to it was, I'm going to be more exhausted if I wait on this paper.... And partly how I got in this situation was doing a bunch of working but never turning in assignments... (damn anxiety/inner perfectionism)

Taking a breather by getting up (putting away laptop and everything). Going and getting tea. See if it stopped raining so I can barefoot walk abit and maybe read. Then back on the computer by 3:00. 

• Like 4

Okay, a few hours later I ended up reading the entire book for Momaday and wrote a couple hundred words while writing. Giving it a last 20 minutes on just writing. Then turning it in so I can just move on to the next thing. 

Upside I think this is the longest one next to the big project, but brain is getting along at least. 

I have an hour and 45 minutes until I'm packing up. Has been productive, and have been able to cool down the anxiety.

• Like 3

Masterlist of passing my class:

1. Listening paper 3

2. Basso Paper

3. Momaday Paper

4. Eastman paper

5. Discussion Board 5

6. Discussion Board 6

7. Field Trip Extra Credit Essay

(read two articles from beginning of semester)

-Final Project (turn it on time by Sunday)

-Final Project Presentation (Presented on Last Day)

And it's in! Boom! The list is still long though.... 

Okay rolling for the next so I can start up! *drum roll* 

#1 won!

Okie Dokie. The nice part of this paper, it's pretty much already outlined and is based on listening experience, not any reading. 

Edit 20 mins later.... Turned in Listening Paper 3! Boom!

Realized I had it pretty much written for an outline, just needed to give paragraph like structure (my personal dignity I guess). 

Even finished my daily writing with the two papers, so that's done for today. 

Another roll:

7! Field Trip Extra Credit Essay... Oh, this will be from scratch better get the outline well started tonight, so I can quickly zip through it in the morning. (will at least have some sleep time to process...)

Edited by Bouncer the Resilient
update!
  • Like 3

And I'm starting to drop, attention is gone. No more tea, no more food. May take me awhile to pack up. So I'll take it. 

Finished at leat writing out the questions and filled one in. I think it will be done in the first hour tomorrow, or I'll just work on it in the first hour and be done... 

Getting home, going to find my card and get some real food (hopefully, grocery store is open when I get there, been craving interesting foods while studying. And get my walk in that way). 

Tomorrow will start the same as today, wake up at 5ish. Be on the road by 6. Hoping weather will be warm enough that I can walk a bit, and try to be in the library by 8 am. 

Perk of the day: Getting stuff turned in. And when I got my tea, I didn't have a dime for buying the medium. The barista woman seems to like me since I've ordered Matcha tea... Since we had a nice conversation yesterday, and she dug out change for me today. Always good when your on the nice side of the woman who has made you a few hot beverages this last semester.

Downfall: My skyrim game started crashing when I've tried venturing to a town... Could be a problem with that specific map I'm going into... Will try some trail base tomorrow, because I don't feel like starting over in the game. (Just started tp get the hang of it...)

• Like 3

Getting school easy this morning and was here sitting by 7:45....

However, I realized I had forgotten a bag full of my laptop parts (keyboard, cooling fan, isolation earphones..... I thought about just trying out a school computer until I found out my earphones were also in the bag that was in my car...).

Image result for when you forget something meme

Good part it was in my car, so a detour. So much stress due to the learning of morning bus rides (this is the first week where I've used the buses before 10 in the morning around campus... whole different environment. Stressors here and there with my lack of knowledge of "manners" and carrying heavy bags, but luckily people have been nice enough to guide me. So sitting here at 9. 

Aches and pains with my fatigue making my ADHD a bit more difficult.... DOMS I guess from carrying heavy bags all week (need to get back into strength training this summer a bit). 

Screen-shot-2012-03-23-at-9.02.23-PM.png

My throat is sore, which is my crying out "immune system has been shot, rest and fluids now".  It doesn't help that I'm exposing myself to more people with colds around me... (so many sniffing and gross coughs). 

Image result for getting sick  meme

And that is just this morning. I guess I feel like I need to write up a report on how I feel on this 4th morning

I realized this morning, my car problems though have been the number one motivation to get to school early... Going to school early= school work gets done... The universe does work in weird ways. And yes the cold weather is making it hard for a cold, however, my car horn hasn't gone off since I found a new route on Monday night... So things are working out. 

Okay resisting the temptation to give up, let me get started on that extra credit paper. Will work on it till 11:30. Due to just turning that thing in. Since it'/s just me having a conversation with the professor on a trip I went to last Friday... (more points to throw at the mess I have made)

• Like 3

1. Listening paper 3

2. Basso Paper

3. Momaday Paper

4. Eastman paper

5. Discussion Board 5

6. Discussion Board 6

And another one bites the dust!!!

I turned in a solid 500 words, I'll be getting some points. Not my best work. But looking over the grade book I realize that everything I did turn in was a C or an above... (anxiety kept having me think otherwise). 

So.... Another roll!

And number 5 is up. A discussion board! Will be easy enough especially after writing that Momaday paper. Short and sweet, just need to get the darn things turned in. 

Edited:(literally 10 mins later) Found out I had it done a couple weeks ago, but for some reason, I didn't get it turned in.... (nearly threw it out actually). Well, that's done whoop!

Roll....

#4 wins this round... Oh this paper... This paper kind of had me hate all the other papers. I guess face the beast! Now to see if I have a draft anywhere. 

I have no idea where I'm at, but I'm kind of wanting it done before 3 pm (when my "normal" class starts for AIS). So lets see!

• Like 3

1. Listening paper 3

2. Basso Paper

3. Momaday Paper

4. Eastman paper

5. Discussion Board 5

6. Discussion Board 6

2.5 months later after its due, it's at least in. And realized I did learn something from it, and really understand why I avoided it. Because I was really avoiding it when I just opened up the assignment. have been feeling like I've been going back into time seeing what happened. Especially with this last paper when I had so many notes, but really didn't know where to start (even though the instructions were pretty clear about it... so much anxiety I guess over it). 

Okay now to flip a coin to work on the next assignment for the next hourish:

Tails! The last discussion board! I know I have them outlined, just need to write them up and turn them in. Wow, 24 hours ago I was losing steam a bit and felt like I would never be able to complete all these things... Now I'm doing it. Today I might be able to head dive into the project before I have to head home!

Edit: 4:33 pm

Ended up finding out two parts, 1 is in now. And starting to work on the next one. 

Class was enjoyable, and again I ended up being on top of it (procrastinating on late work to work on what's "kind of due")

Am going to do 20 mins of skyrim, then 40 mins of studying (with small breaks as I'm studying). 

1 bottle of sprite, 1- "20 minutes of study without skyrim" (Doesn't make sense but validates drinking more pop to help with my cold... Matcha tea lots it "tastiness" with the excess sugary drinks though)

• Like 3

1. Listening paper 3

2. Basso Paper

3. Momaday Paper

4. Eastman paper

5. Discussion Board 5

6. Discussion Board 6

Squeeee! And turn the top and we find only one! Wowza I really did just gain some steam after that first paper. Something clicked and I'm able to ride it, even though it's been rough. 

Okay toning down cheering, need to this paper done (that I know has no outline). Luckily I liked a good part of the book (and we talked about it a bit today in class so that helped). 

Okay rolling out, the goal is to get it done before I leave the library tonight (planning to leave 7:30 tonight). 

Edit 5:34 pm: I'm burnt out when it comes to paper writing. I actually need to process this paper a bit, thinking overnight and work will help. So going to start in the main project instead. Since I can wait to turn in the paper till tomorrow. been doing really good in the last 24 hours. So granting myself this switch for the next 2 hours. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Well done @Bouncer the Resilient:)

Thanks!

Now at the strike of 7:30, and I'm finding myself to resist leaving to go home... Well, that turned around in in 2 hours... xD

Need to get home though, and maybe get food before crashing into bed tonight. Since I have to be on the road by 5 tomorrow. Work again tomorrow morning, janitor job. So dropping off the van at the school parking lot. Get to the bus, so I can get to work 30 mins early. If I get to the bus early, I can get my tea before work. Or can wait till Starbucks and see if they may have the Unicorn concoction, on my walk to work from the bus (or at least buy breakfast if I forget at the grocery store, where Starbucks is located). 

Okay, I'm procrastinating, need to go home now. Bye, all!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Or can wait till Starbucks and see if they may have the Unicorn concoction, on my walk to work from the bus (or at least buy breakfast if I forget at the grocery store, where Starbucks is located). 

They stopped selling the unicorn frapp Sunday, and it was impossible to find by then. I think a lot of stores sold out after just a couple days...

It's one of those, I wish I got it when I first heard about it, but maybe I'm better off not having it.

• Like 2

The world: "You don't know what you're missing! It's soooo goooood!!!!"

Me: "Excellent! I can tell myself it was totally m'eh and get on with life"

The world: "you lucky little shit!"

Me: skips away laughing

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

They stopped selling the unicorn frapp Sunday, and it was impossible to find by then. I think a lot of stores sold out after just a couple days...

It's one of those, I wish I got it when I first heard about it, but maybe I'm better off not having it.

Yeah probably a good thing, especially when I found out at some point after getting my drink that I am out of funds. Sugar crash in the middle of work from who knows what would have probably made things harder when getting back to school. 

55 minutes ago, Leigh said:

The world: "You don't know what you're missing! It's soooo goooood!!!!"

Me: "Excellent! I can tell myself it was totally m'eh and get on with life"

The world: "you lucky little shit!"

Me: skips away laughing

xD I've been trying to stay off Facebook because I've been having enough issues with my "impulsive needs" this last month (really it will help with my anxiety/motivation/depressions *sarcasm*)

Somehow and someway, I got to school and on the bus. Ended up getting a Campfire (S'more) mocha before I got to the bus stop... I was just a little tired this morning. 

Even with the sun out, making it to work was questionable. But the mocha helped me be able to smile, and thankful to have a job for once to stretch out my muscles. 

The world gave me another game throw this morning at the grocery store. Insufficient funds... 4 days from the last day of school... So close, but I kind of fell off the budget wagon in the beginning of this month (if not earlier). First time thought where I wasn't angry, or freaking out when I found out (was more surprised it didn't happen earlier). I will need to change some of my plans after today's study session but it will happen!

Luckily, I put money on my school card, so I can get my caffeine and protein fixes. No excuses for studying this afternoon.

Okay so I'm fatigued, 5 days (4 days most productive) of school work. Wowza, yeah I need to learn how to do this throughout the entire semester xD

Fatigue is getting to me, as I've started to get irritated by random people. 

Also started to tear up a bit when I somehow found this new song on youtube (thanks all for the music suggestions, youtube is getting the hint to start sharing new bands....)

So moving on. 

This afternoon starting with Skyrim (fixed the crashing yesterday) for a reward of getting through the morning and getting to the library by 1 pm. 

Then to hit that Basso paper, because I'm already avoiding it mentally xD It will be taken down in 2 hours or less. Just so I get that thing in. So my goal will check in by 4:30 if not earlier. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

tenor.gif

I really needed that!

1. Listening paper 3

2. Basso Paper

3. Momaday Paper

4. Eastman paper

5. Discussion Board 5

6. Discussion Board 6

I turned in the ugh of a paper, better in some ways. But really hoping now that all of those will be helping me pass this class. So I don't need to take a damn writing intensive class... 

But wow, I feel like melting down now. Since I can right? I got all my late stuff in... Dammit the big one... 

hemingway_meme.jpg

One more to go.... The big one...  The one I regret marathoning New Girl and Bones...

Well, I better get reading and writing till 7:30...

6cb3981aed91b66e163de9172f0f0cdd.jpg

Thanks all for encouraging me! I wouldn't have done it without the little prods. 3 more days! Now I need to get to work... Maybe Skyrim first. 

futurama-fry-not-sure-if-practicing-self

I'll just go read... 

• Like 3

So yeah I've had more productive days than yesterday. I'll talk about it along with a wrap up week thingy after work... (Tablet typing only gets me so far....)

But accountability. I'm you going to be reading by 4:00. Or finish reading taking notes before I go home from work tonight.

• Like 1

13 hours for somehow getting my paper in, along with a presentation. 

Okie Dokie. So I did read up stuff last night. One magazine and halfway through the second (so one read through all the way). The goal is to get through 2 more, come up with an argument and just write. 

Spoiler

Just need to share the conflicts of the past two nights:

I didn't get any homework done on Saturday due to not able to rope up my attention span... So ended up having a improv executive functioning night off. Stayed up till 2 am binge watching the new show Cable Girls on Netflix...

Can understand why it happened, read an article last month (can't find it now), but says with executive functioning disorders (my large weakness with my ADHD), taking a day off for unplanned free flow is needed. (Partly why I also had periods of shutting down this last semester, never had a day off until this last month). 

Good news I was able to read while at work and a bit when I got home, got harder though when trying to figure out what to eat (what I will eat). And when finally fed at 7, and at black beans cooking in the crock pot. I ended up losing control on my attention again, and somehow by 10, I was having a small break down. 

A relief of a breakdown, mainly a realization why meal planning has been difficult the past two years (the foods that had been part of a basic meal plan growing up are literally emotionally difficult to cook, or my body doesn't care for that way of eating anymore). Along with a needed cry from this last week. Depression/demon was coming back though hard, and luckily was ablet to find some "light magic" and was able to stop my way of thinking (was physically too tired to go on a walk, which would have had faster results). 

But the lack of homework was done both nights, putting me in this iffy situation... 

For my plan, I'm going full Pomodoro time!

(adding this video as it's my favorite for explaining the process, because of the reminder in the intro. 2:28 is when the timer pops up and she explains Pomodoro Technique)

And will be spamming tomatoes on this page. Becuase I know you guys will understand more than my facebook page. (if you have a cool tomato, please share I will count them in for how much I get done). 

Also to get stuff done, I made a desk with one of my random boxes in the middle of my living room floor. And my sofa as my back rest. To tell my brain its time to work. May need to move onto front door area but I will do that if I don't complete more than one Pomodoro. 

• Like 4

Being truthful, bad choices were made today... 
research-paper-article-review-and-speech-due-in-3-hours-8443296.png

Spoiler

p3vtp.jpg

But the unexpected of how my brain is thinking did happen

85444a5205f2aed2ec6c69a3cca23b748d336717a2023ac0291ea4f13ff2ecc7.jpg

Which made this happen, over and over again... 

098c32f63f9fafb12aaca14f48daa9fd.jpg

Ugh, other words. This semester taught me biggie on how I need to learn how to roll with the blows. 

Well ended up buying chicken and sprite for "crash let's get to work". I need to get something in, even if I'm BSing for 5 mins tomorrow on my speech. I'll have least something in. 

typing-fast-man.gif

• Like 4

On 5/1/2017 at 0:32 PM, Bouncer the Resilient said:

if you have a cool tomato, please share I will count them in for how much I get done). 

I have a feeling this is not what you mean and I'm in ignorance of some slang the cool kids use ... but here's this anyway because why not:

Image result for giant heirloom tomato

• Like 4

33 notifications when I logged in this afternoon! The first time that has happened, slowly a balance of NF and life will come hand in hand. 

On 5/2/2017 at 2:12 PM, MichiruSedai said:

Dude you got through your list like a rockstar!  I am glad I was late to your thread cause it was neat to see more strikethroughs in each post!

*cheers for you*

Ah thanks! Yea that strikethrough was needed. Worked the best I think ever in my history of using NF. 

On 5/2/2017 at 3:05 PM, stealthstitcher said:

I have a feeling this is not what you mean and I'm in ignorance of some slang the cool kids use ... but here's this anyway because why not:

Image result for giant heirloom tomato

1 tomato ended up in the thread! I had links lined up just never came on here....

I was accountability rebellion. Ugh, it was bad. But I did it! I turned everything in and showed up to the presentation (and I was one of the worst). Conclusion, if I don't pass, I will take it again soon as possible to get a better grade. 

Last night came home, had a chat with my mom. Was in bed by 8. Slept for 12+ hours, and planned an "unplanned" day. Which ended with me starting a new game of Final Fantasy X and picking up my living room, and kitchen. Found a few things, and cooked a few things (broiled chicken breast, pan of brownies, and seasoned a few servings of the black beans I made the other day). My front area of my apartment is now less of an obstacle course, and kind of fun to hang out in. 

So looking at my goals for last week... I first need to try rest of the month on a spreadsheet like @MichiruSedai To make the outcome a bit more viewable and easier to checkin even when my life is a little nuts. I have a better idea on how to do it, after been half using my bullet journal. 

Powering up my Light Magic: Having a car horn going off on the routes of my favorite park made this difficult... With the cold weather, and my stamina with school work was a whole other story. I hit a 3 out of 7 (was outside 20 mins most days, but not on unpaved areas- except Monday where I did and Saturday where I was barely outside).  My writing was 6/7 days of the week! (partly though was made up by school work). It also dropped soon as the depression hit on Saturday (keep forgetting to write since then)

End result: I had good intentions, but need a better plan when life literally goes nuts. Especially when on Saturday my depression was harsh. Habits still needed to be working on. 

Check in with Bujo Daly: I ended up using my Habitica account more than any of the journals I had set up... I can't even find my journal right now. So I am saying I failed using BuJo. Since the partly use of BuJo is to help track what I did so in the future I can look back, which can be difficult for me with NF and Habtica. (Maybe 2 out of 7)

End result: Wasn't a complete failure and good intentions. But nowhere near a habit. Will need to continue on with these daily check-ins. 

Finish the Semester with my Head Held High:(this one I'm counting into this last week) 8/9! Boom! Even when I was tipping to bad, I only missed 1 day! And that was still with everything open up from school stuff! Thanks guys for this one! 

End result: Amazing, but also a note on needing to figure out a good accountability system. In both real life and online. Will be asking in August if anyone wants to be message buddies xD or Will be filling my threads with complete detail (Next semester: IT course and an Intro class to Rec and Park)

Get to Class and work on time: Aced the last week. I was showing up even to my own goals. However, at the strike of Sunday. I ended up being 5 mins late at work....  While Tuesday I cut it close (was at work a bit earlier, but you know not hitting my goal). 

End result: Had hit my goal when in crisis mode, but I rebelled quite quickly to myself. Along with dealing with aftermaths of self-sabotaging the week before the challenge. 

Bonus: Surviving my van problems and hitting my goals daily! Whelp technically only have 2 points added. Since I didn't hit my other goals. However, I was able to work with my car. I was able to think ahead (even when faltering). To the point, I can see the demon that messed up the car finding it hard to get to me, because the car alarm stopped going off like crazy when I found a new route to the school parking lot and back. Left apartments early enough before crazy drive time to get to work on time, and came home before quiet hours. To the point on Tuesday, the alarm system reset off (let the battery drain on Monday when I didn't drive anywhere). So no noise all day yesterday!

End result: I'm saying I'm acing it. This is something that hit me hard, and I'm managing. I'm still complaining here and there. But my complaining is more under control since I started this challenge, and more proactive. Will be keeping this goal throughout the month, since the middle of the month the car is getting fixed by my mom's boyfriend. (and who know's what else is going to happen to this car)

End result of Wk 1 and half of Wk 2:

I work well in a crisis (bonus points of ADHD), however sticking to my habits is still a problem. Or I'm ready to drop. Realizing my self-sabotaging is from me seeing I can't stay in control, so why even try. I saw it heavily with my depression the week before I started the challenge, where I was letting go or cutting ties. In a way that was probably a survival technique growing up, but in my adult life needs to change to a better habit. 

Into the future. I want to keep the goals. But needing to trade in Budgeting, Making food at home/Meal planning, and starting my personal parkour training (actually move toward my personal fitness goals by jumping in). Along with keying in, an ability to get finish hard #adulting things that are on my list. This month: Spring cleaning, paperwork for resources, and cleaning up some personal "life" messes from this last month. Along with getting my reading 50 books in a year done (only read 5 so far, 3 were audiobooks), and finishing two video games that I have owned but never finished. 

So I'm going to make a goal to set up a challenge for rest of the month. Life is still going to be chaotic in a different way, but that's part of the fun right? (Especially when one of my life goals is to be able to handle that). 

• Like 3

May the Fourth Be With You!

So yeah, busy day. Tired all day. And narrowing down my goals is hard. But goals for tonight!

-Watch "The Force Awakens" after dark. Doing an entire Star Wars marathon by myself doesn't sound fun even though I could... So I'll watch one that I haven't seen before with a thing of popcorn. 

-Write up a challenge for the rest of the challenge, with a story. (Something I had like back during the holidays, and also taking a bit off of what I have seen with people). 

I also want to start working on one of my challenges, but I will see where I get. 

I have adulted today well so far. Went to work earlyish, was able to be flexible with an appointment, got my meds and food (even when I didn't wanna). Now to continue on with the goals that have been rattling in my head for the last month. 

• Like 3

Okie Dokie, so both goals have left me with the feels. I ended up at halfway point. 

I must be exhausted, I had points today where I was close to tears even before I had to do more errands. *shrugs* 

I guess to me it's going to take another day to explain my goals that make sense. Other words I'm dealing with a week zero in a middle of the challenge. My way of doing things I guess. 

However, tomorrow I'm jumpstarting my fitness challenge. Going and playing in the park. Full on no plans, just get up at 5:30ish. Get dressed, take meds, walk to the park I loved going to growing up (if you followed me on my warrior dash training last year, it's the same walk just closer to home). Mainly allow the freedom to figure out the park at sunrise while working through some anxiety I have about wandering the town I grew up in (it's weird...) 

Whelp, give me luck for finding some fun!

• Like 3