• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouncer_the_Lovable

Bouncer's "Finals" Fight and Recovery

Yay, I went to the park! Even though I didn't leave till 15 mins after my goal. I still went and didn't let the anxiety stop me. Practice mindfulness practices that I was taught this last semester, and was able to come down to my anxiety was bringing up memories that don't match the situation. 

I'll share pics when I get a better idea on how to use my new Instagram account. Lies... I won't post it later, because I'll avoid it. So sharing it now because I'm explaining my fun, (in progress of figuring it out...)  Okay got it! So far the easiest when sharing pics...

Found out parts of the park I grew up with have been taken down in the last couple years (plastic and more metal replacing any wood playgrounds in this town, which probably makes sense maintenance wise with Minnesota weather).  Looking around the playground I was able to see everything that I would need, and something a bit more fun. I ended up playing on the balancing beam for a while.... (May or may not have been replaying the scene of Jack Sparrow and Will Smith meeting for the first time in the forge).

Whelp, I like the park when I get there (it's away from roads when I'm there). The main roadblock is fighting with myself. 

On that note of fighting with myself, I think I'm looking into a challenge that I can change over throughout this summer. A really want to try this RP style just need to find something that works in my head (so brainstorm day). 

Other goals

-wash some clothes (I have run out of important clean clothing and this weekend is going to be stressful with business at my Museum job)

-get into my Janitor job work account (so I can figure out how much money I made, so I can see if I need help paying for stuff). 

-prep cook if I can (again business means hard to time to cook and wash dishes... and how this morning is going I need to work on a protein stash). 

-pay for at least one of my bills... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Found out parts of the park I grew up with have been taken down in the last couple years (plastic and more metal replacing any wood playgrounds in this town, which probably makes sense maintenance wise with Minnesota weather).

This has been happening in a lot of places. Last time I visited my home town, none of the parks looked the same. Someone told me it was because the plastic stuff was safer. And then I thought, this plastic stuff gets much hotter in the summer. And the wood playgrounds were much cooler, each park had their own personality. A lot of the plastic stuff just looks the same...

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 2:38 PM, zeroh13 said:

This has been happening in a lot of places. Last time I visited my home town, none of the parks looked the same. Someone told me it was because the plastic stuff was safer. And then I thought, this plastic stuff gets much hotter in the summer. And the wood playgrounds were much cooler, each park had their own personality. A lot of the plastic stuff just looks the same...

Yeah, it's weird to me. Luckily this park has a lot of trees (or they are working on putting up more trees), which I had always preferred.

Okay so I figured out my challenge (kind of)

No story yet, since I'm still figuring it out. And life is looking chaotic again, so I need to plant some habits to be accountable for. 

Physical:

-Assassin Base Camp: 3 days a week going to the park. This week will just do the NF warm up. And see how I feel by the end of the week to see if I need to stay or level up. (feel like I'm going to have to rate my levels for me personally to help see progress)

-Light Magic Powerup: 20 mins daily of nature (preferably unpaved area). I've let this habit go, I need to get it growing!

Nutritional: (the touchiest subject for me)

-Personal Chef: Main goal: 90% of food I eat in the next two weeks is prepared from home. (lvl up system also needed)

Out of all my nutrition goals, I personally think I would get more nutrition per a "calorie" one something I attempted to cook over buying. While also able to change my food budget. 

I'm hoping this will be easier to figure out, I think I'll go by servings (especially liquid servings are a biggie). I'm even counting quick foods that someone else buys me, since I should be saving more money those weeks for the future. 

-Tracking Percentage Daily: had to put this in here, else I will try to do a full week 2 weeks later of my percentage of how well I did. 

Life: (so many parts here)

Main goal right now is figuring out how to juggle all parts of my life (since I'm someone that loves variety, but learning how to manage it is a trick to my easily being 

Bujo: A planner made to be flexible with me, along with journaling notes. Goal is not only check-in but use a weekly/daily system of Bujo. Since my life as less to dos without school, but more immediate larger projects I need to be breaking down on a daily basis while juggling work and appointments. 

4thewords: My dreams have already been starting to blur into reality (waking up and not sure what really happened was a dream or not). Heavily processing social situations, but also my creative outlet needs out. (figured out through my depression last month through my writing, maybe I'll figure out other stuff as I try to finish unfinished stories). 

Life Projects that need to be narrowed down: As I saw with school a biggie of my problems is starting, doing, and finishing a large to do. To keep my life interesting I seem to get myself into situations where I am dealing with this weakness.

• Spring Cleaning: I'm having an apartment check in less than 2 weeks. Need to get my Sophia from Howl's Moving castle character going on daily. 
  • Updating Resume, and writing out a cover letters (2 of them). One for museum job, and one for looking up something better. 
  • (there is always more...)

Okay goals are up... Tomorrow I'll have a "scoreboard" for myself made up to update easily. The last goal I have no idea how to "keep track of" but that'll come with time. 

• Like 3

So what happened since Friday.... 

Well I felt sick all day, and was between my bed and sofa most of the day. My stomach didn't get better and I felt dizzy. 

Figured out, it's my back fighting with me (while also starting a new medication doesn't help). 

As I've complained since the beginning of my NerdFitness journey 22 months ago, my upper body has been the hardest thing to make stronger. A decade of damage with a heavily sensitive body. I literally did 4 things at the park, and my body as shown me it didn't like it. As I learned this last semester my body has become really good at protecting itself, even if half the time its the main cause of the stress. 

So I have learned I have to go through my physical journey as mindfully as my nutrition journey, with a will of patience. Because the other ways haven't worked out, I'm approaching things differently. I'm trying to stay on the positive note after getting royally made with my body on Saturday (was just in a lot of pain).

Positive thoughts:

I can take Tylenol to cut out the pain. It's just muscle messing with my nerves, a misplacement in the machine. I'm in my early 20s still, I will be able to heal and easily become stronger. Having a stronger upper body will give me more fun skill/career options. I have no idea what my body will look like in the end, but I can imagine all the fun I will have with a strong body.

Why is my life getting busier?

I have been offered a really great opportunity at the museum I've been volunteering/working at in the last year. A 'collections assistant', going through the storage area and helping to record everything into a system. Really good experience, and they are able to pay me very well. Along with up to 30 hours of work a week till the end of June. 

Pretty much a job that I would be terrified to apply for, but because of me being there and trusted... It will work out. 

To me I'm going to have to put my impulsiveness buying aside (found I have a small problem when not feeling well or getting money happy). I'm going to be dead tired after this is done (39 hour work weeks, 5-6 weeks out of the next 7). While also seeing more money then I've seen actually be paid directly to me that isn't going right back to something else (school grants/loans and money my mom gave me to help me buy a new computer more than a year ago). So being smart, would be wise. Especially if I can save it or keep for emergencies. 

While having this come up, this will be interesting as I try to master a bit of juggling with my basic goals now and some challenges in the near future. 

• Like 3

Avoidance happening so much this week already... Ugh. But another version of a finals week but in cleaning xD (Along with figuring out other connections I've been avoiding). 

So many different distractions (so similar to where I was a week ago... without a 12-hour deadline luckily). 

tumblr_men2v0HUX51r93041o1_500.gif

My apartment hasn't been given a good cleaning since before I started class (there was a bit during Christmas because I had people over... but let's say parts of my kitchen are really in bad shape). 

Cinderella GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

While also a bit of meal planning/ prep cooking. Personal chef right on... So many servings eaten yesterday that I need to balance out rest of the week. 

So not working today because I also have no clean clothes... 

tumblr_inline_nb2ca4rZOS1ss3pz4.png

So the list is long. Now allow me to break it down a bit by bit... Because I'm already overwhelmed... My focus is off, and my avoidance is on par. 

Mary-Poppins-cleaning.gif?w=500&fit=max

Monday's Master list of Accountability: (Written 10:14 am)

-Email boss about week's schedule (goal by 10:30 am)

-Figure out money funds so I can pay rent... (goal by 1 pm) 

-Make spreadsheet for charting goals :D

-Laundry (will be narrowing down this one as I go) (get back to you on goal time)

-Figure out meals I will eat from my kitchen (or things I need to get to make food edible or need to make now) also IDK about goal time

• Like 4

Monday's Master list of Accountability: (Written 10:14 am)

-Email boss about week's schedule (goal by 10:30 am)

-Figure out money funds so I can pay rent... (goal by 1 pm) 

-Make spreadsheet for charting goals :D

-Laundry (will be narrowing down this one as I go) (get back to you on goal time)

-Figure out meals I will eat from my kitchen (or things I need to get to make food edible or need to make now) also IDK about goal time

Huh, I actually didn't do as bad as I thought. 

Scheduled for Wednesday for volunteer & intro to project. So thankful I will have tomorrow afternoon off after my appointment. 

I have clothes for sure, for the next couple of days. 

Food on the other hand & writing up charting goals... Didn't really happen. 

Breakfast is going to be peanut butter sandwich, with a fruit, and a glass of milk (one slightly fool proofish meal, easy to make and go, and will actually eat (sometimes enjoyed mindfully, mostly eating while being distracted- because I'll regret not eating enough otherwise...)

The other meals are questionable and found out again the lacking amount of funds I have. So buying lunch isn't an option tomorrow, so going to figure out what I'm going to pack up in the morning. (getting up at 5:30 has been easy peasy with the birds chirping at 5, and the sun being up before 6)

But definitely seeing this nutrition goal working out, I have a large amount of avoidance when it comes to food in my own kitchen.Or eating less than I would be compared to buying the exact same thing (can just be the week). Still, need to do all the math with the servings (I'm getting bad at this recording things again), but I'm noticing how I'm avoiding eating real food and waiting for my calories through sugary processed stuff I would buy at the end of the day. 

Counting pop as the "convenient food", just because it is a food I need to see as a "special" than a "need". Similar requirements around desserts (however if I make the darn thing with a bowl and a spoon- except ice cream- I'll count it as okay). 

So life goals have been the toughy so far.,,,

• Like 3

On 08/05/2017 at 0:15 AM, Bouncer the Resilient said:

I have been offered a really great opportunity at the museum I've been volunteering/working at in the last year. A 'collections assistant', going through the storage area and helping to record everything into a system. Really good experience, and they are able to pay me very well. Along with up to 30 hours of work a week till the end of June. 

Pretty much a job that I would be terrified to apply for, but because of me being there and trusted... It will work out.

This is an amazing opportunity! Congrats!

• Like 2

Hi all, whelp I ended up leaving most of this challenge behind.

I ended up having some thinking time of my goals and how to approach it, while also going through some personal emotions. 

Pretty much had become a little lost when facing my weight, and feeling a little lost on keeping with the "grind". 

I realized I had been looking at most of the challenges wrong for some time, I had forgotten the main part of gamifying your life "enjoy the progress". While for a while I had just been looking for the goal and trying to figure out how to change to it.

While also reevaluating what I was working toward.

So it ended up being a successful couple of weeks of figuring out a new way to use these awesome forums!

Am going to make it my summer goal just to be in my battle log for now. I need to be able to complete my own weekly challenges (or whatever amount of days) and keep it simple...ish. 

• Like 2

Small update here since this thread holds my crisis of "flapping my arms around and going to the school library everyday to try to pass my failing class"

I found out on Tuesday that I got a flippin' C+!

So I passed the class and finished off my requirement of writing intensive classes!!! So much relief....

Thanks all for the help in the beginning of this challenge, I would have not been able to survive without you!

Now to work on habits to prevent a similar story for the rest of my Undergrad classes (at least).

• Like 2