• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mahalak

Mahalak - Das Reboot 2.0: Rebooting the Reboot

Juggling the NFA + the four-week challenge = 2  That's one more thing than I can juggle! :drunk:

That said, I'm in. My big why of "It feels good to feel good!" stands firm, and needs all the help I can get on all fronts. 

And so away we go!

1. Social E-Diet: limit email and social media to 10am-9pm
  2. 10 minutes of Contemplative Prayer daily
  3. 5 Actions Per Day (Gross)
  4. Core work at least three times per week
  • Like 2

Woop! Good to see that you're still hanging onto the forums - though they can sometimes be a bit much. Just focus on the one thing and prioritize each day separately so you can focus better.

How's the challenge been so far? The social diet been working? (has it helped?)

Hey, Fleaball! How goes the studying and paper-writing?

Thanks for the encouragement in writing again. Been totally bonkers with winding down the class I teach - and to take over the next cohort. An emotional wreck, but in a good way. Been up and down with some of my goals - tweaked my ankle so it's cut down the walking, jump roping, and leg work. But I'm giving some of that a shot tomorrow - hopefully with some wisdom not to over do it.

Really appreciate your checking in. Means a lot.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 8:54 PM, Mahalak said:

Hey, Fleaball! How goes the studying and paper-writing?

Thanks for the encouragement in writing again. Been totally bonkers with winding down the class I teach - and to take over the next cohort. An emotional wreck, but in a good way. Been up and down with some of my goals - tweaked my ankle so it's cut down the walking, jump roping, and leg work. But I'm giving some of that a shot tomorrow - hopefully with some wisdom not to over do it.

Really appreciate your checking in. Means a lot.

I officially turned in my last grad school assignment ever today. Which is weird to say. 

Oooh what do you teach? (Apologies if you've said it before. My brain is a sieve right now.) Also boo at tweaking your ankle. :\

On 5/9/2017 at 10:26 PM, fleaball said:

I officially turned in my last grad school assignment ever today. Which is weird to say. 

Oooh what do you teach? (Apologies if you've said it before. My brain is a sieve right now.) Also boo at tweaking your ankle. :\

Wow! That is terrific! Before I answer, I'll ask: what WERE you studying?  :applouse:  I remember finishing my last big assignment. It was such a shock that I was done (or as done as I could be at that moment). It was like discovering a superpower or something. Except instead of flying or superstrength, I was "done." "Wow, where did this 'done-ness' come from?!" I hope you can bask in the glow, and that whatever is next is all you hoped for.

Anyway...I teach people who would like to become spiritual directors. It is a two-year program, meeting monthly. Very intimate, intense and still contemplative. It's at the Kairos School of Spiritual Formation.

Ankle is better, I think. But as I'm drowning in other stuff, I haven't had time to test it. Maybe the extra time, instead of rushing back like I usually do, will be good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mahalak said:

Wow! That is terrific! Before I answer, I'll ask: what WERE you studying?  :applouse:  I remember finishing my last big assignment. It was such a shock that I was done (or as done as I could be at that moment). It was like discovering a superpower or something. Except instead of flying or superstrength, I was "done." "Wow, where did this 'done-ness' come from?!" I hope you can bask in the glow, and that whatever is next is all you hoped for.

Anyway...I teach people who would like to become spiritual directors. It is a two-year program, meeting monthly. Very intimate, intense and still contemplative. It's at the Kairos School of Spiritual Formation.

Ankle is better, I think. But as I'm drowning in other stuff, I haven't had time to test it. Maybe the extra time, instead of rushing back like I usually do, will be good. 

Intercultural communication. Interesting stuff. Right now the relief hasn't set in so much as the disbelief of "wait, I have nothing else to do? I can sleep without feeling guilty?" 

Oh wow that sounds super interesting. And intense. 

It's unfortunate that you don't have time to do anything but the rest will probably be helpful. :)

On 5/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, fleaball said:

Intercultural communication. Interesting stuff. Right now the relief hasn't set in so much as the disbelief of "wait, I have nothing else to do? I can sleep without feeling guilty?" 

Oh wow that sounds super interesting. And intense. 

It's unfortunate that you don't have time to do anything but the rest will probably be helpful. :)

Intercultural communication? Crazy! That's what my wife studied when we met. Used it for years as a foreign student advisor at a college, and uses it now in related work.

And I finally made it to the gym for the second time this week! It felt good to be back. And even though I've read I shouldn't, I'm hoping to go back tomorrow (I prefer full-body workouts, because it feels weird to only do arms/legs or upper/lower a couple of days a week).

• Like 1