• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

These are largely the same overarching goals as the last challenge, just adjusted for the month ahead.

tumblr_nnmmc3WuUW1ttibj2o1_500.gif

Previous Challenge

Stats

STR - 31.75 | DEX - 47.5 | STA - 47.75 | CON - 75 | WIS - 47 | CHA - 47.5

• Weight 170lb
  • Waist 30"
  • Belly 33.25"
  • Hips 38.75"
  • Thigh 23"
  • Body Fat 26.60%

Goals

Food

whey2gwjqbx21xu023qo.gif

Continue eating as per low-GI guidelines. Be stricter re: treats, things that are almost ok - this means better planning and sufficient snacks on hand.

Allowed exceptions - but remember guidelines for socializing!:

• Friend’s bachelorette
  • Post-rugby-games (x2 this challenge) - social-ing after games = pub food and beer

Plan

tumblr_lk8qaeR5901qzadef.gif

Carried over from the last challenge - I need to refine my goals/plan from my 2017 Roadmap. It's not specific enough about specific steps to take and mini-goals/smaller things on the way to the big goals. So I want to work on figuring out the specifics in a more detailed and organized way. Also apply lessons from The Life Changing Magic Of Not Giving A Fuck to help eliminate/prioritize goals.

Cardio

jonah-hill.gif

I’ve got rugby practice a couple times a week right now, weather permitting, and 2 rugby games during the course of the challenge, so on weekends when I don’t have a game I’ll go for a run. And if practice is canceled due to rain I'll go for a run. Ideally I’ll be able to go over to the park that’s ~1.5km away (I think) and run the big hill there, but that’ll also depend on the weather (the area at the bottom of the hill, which also includes a dirt/clay(?) running track collects water like no one’s business when it rains). The hill isn't a sand dune, but it'll do!

Not technically cardio, but I also want to make sure I get my 10 000 steps a day in - if anyone’s got a FitBit I’m down to do challenges! My name is also maegs on the app, my picture there is a hummingbird :) 

Reading

tumblr_oik8q1joVz1vcyhc8o1_500.gif

Read 2 books during the course of this challenge. I’m 2 books behind schedule on my Goodreads challenge so I have to start catching up!

Knitting

tumblr_o81gbhE9CD1t10lb7o1_500.gif

Finish the blanket I finished knitting during the last challenge - weave in the ends, wash, and block it. Remember to take pictures ;)  Start Lambing Mitts

Sociable

tenor.gif

Unofficial goal - be more active on here, both on my own thread and on others' threads!

To Do List

• Fix leggings, T shirt
  • Organize kitchen cupboards
  • Tidy living room - magazines, tray
  • Tidy bedroom - desk, grey drawers, closet, dresser top
  • Try on clothes from home
  • Finish white skirt
  • Shrink sweater sleeves
  • Clean green purse
  • Flats & dress for Britt's wedding
  • Plan what to see at the Stratford Festival

The Road So Far

Week 1:

• Eat right (rugby) - done
  • Plan - nope
  • Rugby practice x1 - done
  • Run x1 - done
  • Rugby game x1 (preseason) - done
  • Steps - 7/7
  • Read - nope
  • Knit - nope
  • [Sociable] - x4 days

Week 2:

• Eat right - done
  • Plan - a little
  • Rugby practice x1  - done
  • Run x2
  • Steps - 7/7
  • Read - nope
  • Knit - a little
  • [Sociable] - x5 days

Week 3:

• Eat right (bachelorette + rugby) - done
  • Plan - a little 
  • Rugby practice x2 - done
  • Rugby game x1 (season opener) - done
  • Steps - 5/7
  • Read - one book read
  • Knit - blanket blocked
  • [Sociable] - x2 days

Week 4:

• Eat right - yep
  • Plan - mostly done
  • Rugby practice x1 - nope
  • Run x2 - nope
  • Steps - 5/7 days
  • Read - a bit
  • Knit - Lambing Mitts started
  • [Sociable] - x1 day
  • Like 6

Forgot to mention during the last challenge - a week and a half ago I had a metabolic rate test (one of those ones where you breath into a tube for forever 10 minutes and it tells you your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate, amount of calories burned by just sitting there existing). Mine came out at 1930, and then there's the stuff I do besides just existing every day (walking around, dancing in the kitchen, weightlifting + that wonderful afterburn, running, etc etc), so I'm burning over 2000 calories a day, for sure. (Fun fact - apparently knitting burns 102 calories/hour!) IIFYM puts my BMR at 1477 and my TDEE at 2427, so I'm probably burning more than that, I guess? I find that I maintain my weight at ~1700-1800 cal/day and to lose weight I have to drop to 1500-1600 cal/day, so that, to me at least, indicates there's something else going on that just eating at a deficit isn't addressing. So onwards with low-GI eating!

maegs on 1500-1600 cal/day

tumblr_o2a6t5kcXO1skc4vjo1_500.gif

maegs on low-GI eating

59_mSs.gif

• Like 5

Looks great!

1 hour ago, maegs said:

The Life Changing Magic Of Not Giving A Fuck to help eliminate/prioritize goals.

This sounds awesome. I read about 98% of the original Marie Kondo book. That book is kinda crazy. I'm assuming this one is a play on the title.

Just now, Xena said:

Looks great!

This sounds awesome. I read about 98% of the original Marie Kondo book. That book is kinda crazy. I'm assuming this one is a play on the title.

Yup! It's like Konmari-ing your brain, with less woo-woo and more "does this annoy you? stop giving a fuck" :D 

• Like 2

Shit man, that video makes me wish I could play that game (more than I already do). I was definitely cheering for Fiji at the time, that was pretty awesome!

There are dunes like that near Sauble Beach, maybe not quite as big but close, I can attest to the workout involved in getting to the top just once, let alone repeatedly within a short period of time...

• Like 2

Stalkettystalk

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maegs said:

Also apply lessons from The Life Changing Magic Of Not Giving A Fuck to help eliminate/prioritize goals.

With a title like that, I've gotta read that book!

• Like 2

I want you to know that every time one of my props whines about running at practice, I think of you saying that being a front rower is not an excuse to be slow.

Did you see that Fiji is issuing a $7 bill with their 7s team and Coach Ryan on it?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had a chance to practice not giving a fuck this morning! There was a problem with the subway this morning, and I didn't get all irritated and grumpy about it. Instead, I ran through a few questions

• Do I have any control over this? - Nope! I left on time, and once I leave my house anything else that happens is out of my hands.
  • Does it matter if I'm late to work? - In general, no. My boss is pretty chill about subway problems. And today in particular, not at all, I didn't have any meetings or anything booked
  • So is it worth giving a fuck, or should I relax and enjoy the podcast I'm listening to and get on the train when it comes, and get to work when I get to work? - So the answer to that one is pretty obvious... 

So despite the subway delays I arrived at work relaxed and not fussed (and wasn't the only late person), and even got lucky because they short turned a train so I was able to get on a train that was next-to-empty and not be squished in like the first train that went by crammed to the gills with people.

tenor.gif

I did realise that this week I'll only have 1 rugby practice thanks to being at a conference on Thursday/Friday, so I'll have to get some cardio in on Wednesday instead.

• Like 8

On 4/23/2017 at 10:09 PM, Elastigirl said:

Great challenge!

Thanks! :) 

22 hours ago, obax said:

Shit man, that video makes me wish I could play that game (more than I already do). I was definitely cheering for Fiji at the time, that was pretty awesome!

There are dunes like that near Sauble Beach, maybe not quite as big but close, I can attest to the workout involved in getting to the top just once, let alone repeatedly within a short period of time...

I can't imagine how hard it is to run up those dunes, kinda glad of having the excuse of none nearby ;) 

21 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

Stalkettystalk

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

9OHlrEu.jpg

11 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

GONNA DO IT MAEGS, YOU GOT THIS. *waves pompoms*

Have to say, I'm so excited about the Knitting. :3

WHOO!! One of these days, far far in the future, I'll get through my Ravelry queue, but only if I stop adding to it now :P 

8 hours ago, jstanlick said:

With a title like that, I've gotta read that book!

I quite liked it, and it was a nice quick read too!

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Of course I'm here! Excited for rugby updates too!

:D rugbyrugbyrugby!!

5 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

I love To-Do lists! And figuring out what goals you want to have! And reading! And eating good food! Following along :D 

Gonna do ALL THE THINGS (that are on the approved list of activities and are things that I give a fuck about ;) )

2 hours ago, joedog said:

I want you to know that every time one of my props whines about running at practice, I think of you saying that being a front rower is not an excuse to be slow.

Did you see that Fiji is issuing a $7 bill with their 7s team and Coach Ryan on it?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I mean, I do whine about cardio a bit, but then I suck it up and do it :P You could always frame it as "well, if your cardio is better, you  can get around the field better, and then you can hit people more!" 

landscape-1461785169-edna-mode.jpg

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There were two separate threads, by request I have merged them. I recommend everyone start from the top and work your way back down to see what you missed. I left up both original posts because there were likes on both.

Also following.

I was SO confused! I kept trying to find posts to reply to them and not being able to find them, and then not seeing posts I knew I had made, and it made my brain hurt for a bit there :D Thank you, oh mighty guild leader!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maegs said:

I was SO confused! I kept trying to find posts to reply to them and not being able to find them, and then not seeing posts I knew I had made, and it made my brain hurt for a bit there :D Thank you, oh mighty guild leader!

Image result for i am a generous god gif

• Like 7

4 hours ago, maegs said:

You could always frame it as "well, if your cardio is better, you  can get around the field better, and then you can hit people more!"

That'll work for some of our rugby teams :pirate:

Here for all the things, that you care about :P

• Like 2

16 hours ago, maegs said:

Had a chance to practice not giving a fuck this morning! There was a problem with the subway this morning, and I didn't get all irritated and grumpy about it.

I stood there for ten minutes as the platform filled up, then gave up and went home because I can work from home if I have to. It was horrible yesterday!

I've also been practising the art of NGAF. Modern zen? I dunno, but it works for me. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

I stood there for ten minutes as the platform filled up, then gave up and went home because I can work from home if I have to. It was horrible yesterday!

I've also been practising the art of NGAF. Modern zen? I dunno, but it works for me. :)

Sadly I have to be physically in the office for a lot of what I'm doing these days :( Did you see the reports about the air quality down there? Those people who wear masks might be on to something..

• Like 2