• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 4/25/2017 at 4:48 PM, Twilight said:

I read a thing years ago about a guy who took the London tube who wore a mask as an experiment and watched in consternation as it got filthy real fast. Ew.

I kinda don't wanna know tho... :/ 

On 4/25/2017 at 4:57 PM, Salinger said:

Following along :) your plans look great! 

Thanks! :D 

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How is it only Wednesday guys?? 

Ok, so...

Monday

• Ate good food!
  • Went to the gym - did lots of mobility testing/stretching etc/retesting stuffs
  • Ran errands
  • Updated budget
  • 11 907 steps
  • Nerd Fitness'd

Tuesday

• Good food
  • Gym
    • Bench press 45lb 1x10; 65lb 2x5; 65lb 4x5
    • Lat pull down 80lb 3x8
    • SA DB row 40lb 3x8
    • Down dog/plank (back and forth) 2x15
    • Russian twist 8kg KB 1/2 tabata
    • Crab walk x4 (2 forward, 2 backward)
    • Bear crawl x1
    • Lizard pushups (aka Spiderman pushup) x1 - unlike the linked video I did these with both feet down
    • Turkish Get Up 8kg 1x5 (each side)
  • Rugby practice - got there early, by chance, and decided to spend the time doing my mobility stuffs
  • NF'd
  • 17 567 steps

On Tuesday we talked a bit about the 5 Minute Flow idea - it's basically getting up in the morning and spending 5 minutes just moving around different ways to get mobilized and moving and also to move in ways that aren't "standard" movements. It's definitely interesting, something to consider adding in once I get sleep under control and can get up a bit earlier :P 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Heidi ☯ said:

Dang it!

DarkRaider said what I was going to say.

tumblr_m5um2rYpX51r7qz3ho1_500_zps19f1d3

33 minutes ago, Xena said:

Wow that metabolic testing is confusing! Sounds like you are on a role with the low GI thing though.

Ya, there's definitely a bit of "body, why you do dis?" happening haha. But so far so good :) 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2017 at 7:04 AM, Salinger said:

Loving the animal theme in your exercises :D

It was so much fun! I haven't done a workout like that in quite a while :D 

On 4/27/2017 at 10:47 AM, Twilight said:

I love the idea of five minute flow! I wish I had a big space with mats to do it in, though.

Ya, the best I can manage is a long+narrow space (yoga mat-ish width), I'll have to dodge furniture!

I've been trying to get the 5 minute flow in the morning. Or if I'm pressed for time the two minute flow;) It is a nice way to get my body relaxed and ready to start the day. Looking at the video, I do something much more basic though. I just mainly go through all my body and move my joints around in different ways. That way I don't need a mat, and I can just do it while my eggs are cooking.

• Like 3

Wednesday

• Gym
    • Squat 45lb 1x10; 95lb 2x5; 135lb 4x3(3-4s down 2s pause)
    • Step ups 3x8 20lb
    • SL RDL 20lb 3x8
    • Abductor 3x15 60lb
    • Resisted sit ups 3x12
    • Swiss ball chest stretch
  • 14, 920 steps
  • NF'd
  • Pull-ups worked on
  • Mobility done 
  • Ate good food, including social-gathering-ninja-ry 

Thursday 

• 11, 487 steps
  • Food was ok - I forgot when I was planning this challenge that a conference I've been helping plan was finally happening this week! So some of the food provided was non-GI compliant but I did my best
  • Nothing else done

Friday

• Conference again - food was better today. Did have some cider and nachos after it ended that were much needed!
  • Got some mobility in
  • 10, 648 steps

Saturday 

• Saturday's a rugby day! We did a mini round-robin for a preseason opener. Played 3 25-minute games
  • Didn't get a lot done besides rugby and being sleepy afterwards. Did get some mobility-ish in but not my full usual stuff that I need to do
  • 10, 171 steps + rugby 

Sunday 

• Easy stationary bike session. My legs aren't sore but my back/shoulders/neck are #frontrowproblems Did 3.57miles in 20:00
  • Got groceries, did mobility, hung around here a bit!
  • Good food. Adapted this pizza crust recipe so it wasn't as dry as the first time I made it. Baked it 8 minutes, put toppings on, baked for 10 more minutes. 
  • 10, 024 steps. May have been walking in place and up and down in my apartment to get those last few steps in and make it to 10, 000!
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I've been trying to get the 5 minute flow in the morning. Or if I'm pressed for time the two minute flow;) It is a nice way to get my body relaxed and ready to start the day. Looking at the video, I do something much more basic though. I just mainly go through all my body and move my joints around in different ways. That way I don't need a mat, and I can just do it while my eggs are cooking.

I think I'm going to start out by doing some quick sun salutations to get moving without having to think too much, and then build on it from there once I get the habit set.

• Like 4

I've got new respect for people who walk more than 10 000+ steps PER DAY! My friend and I apparently walked that far Sunday (with our boys) and I see now that it is roughly about 8km! Wow! So woot! woot! for all those days that you managed 14 000+, 11 000+ 10 000+ steps!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I've got new respect for people who walk more than 10 000+ steps PER DAY! My friend and I apparently walked that far Sunday (with our boys) and I see now that it is roughly about 8km! Wow! So woot! woot! for all those days that you managed 14 000+, 11 000+ 10 000+ steps!

This week was a bit of a fluke that way - on the days I have the gym and/or rugby I find it super easy to get 10 000 in, and then on Wednesday I ended up walking around our whole building twice at work (once with the shredding guys and once to switch out posters). And with the conference on Thursday and Friday there was extra walking with tours and getting to the lunch/dinner venues. We'll see how it goes without all that extra going on this week!

• Like 3

Monday

• Gym + 10, 987 steps
  • Did mobility and pullups at home
  • Was on NF
  • Got laundry done
  • Good food

Tuesday

• Gym + rugby + 19, 823 steps
  • Did mobility, ate good food

Wednesday

• 10, 036 steps
  • Mobility and pullups done
  • Wove in the ends on my blanket
  • NF'd
  • Good food

Thursday

• Mobility + gym + 10, 115 steps
  • Worked a little on my plan for the rest of the year
  • Ate good food
  • Got to bed nice and early!

Friday

• Gym + pullups + 10, 873 steps
  • Ate good food
  • Early bed again :) 

I was planning to block my blanket first thing in the morning so it would have lots of time to dry (gotta pin it to my bed), but I forgot until later in the day so I'll do that tomorrow. 

Haven't cracked open a book yet this challenge, but I've been reading back issues of magazines on my phone at lunch so it's a start... I've got a couple Shakespeare plays to read, so those should be quick to get through and then I'll get to a real book next :) 

• Like 5

Forgot to block my blanket again! But I realised that it's not something I need to block super-aggressively (unlike the only other thing I've ever blocked, a lace shawl), so I should be able to just spread it out on the floor, rather than pinning it down on the bed

• Like 1

Ok, I kept meaning to get on here this week and the time kept getting away from me!! More thorough update later, but blanket has been blocked, I read a whole entire book yesterday (Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed, so good!), played rugby today, and have to go get ready to go party! :D 

11487807.jpg

ee6ded1935be4c95c564d691c929ab0b.jpg

• Like 6

On 5/13/2017 at 4:08 PM, Salinger said:

woah on all three things, amazing. Enjoy the party!

On 5/14/2017 at 3:43 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Going to get a kindle sample of that book. That blanket is beautiful! You have such a talent!

On 5/16/2017 at 2:11 PM, Twilight said:

The blanket is lovely!

On 5/16/2017 at 3:13 PM, Heidi ☯ said:

So much win!

And I'm loving the blanket, my dear.  Take a bow!

Thank you all! :D 

Saturday was a lot of fun! I had a rugby game, and got to see some former players/new moms who I haven't seen in a little while, as well as their babbies! For the bachelorette we met up at an AirBnB and had some drinks/played games, then headed to an escape room (got out with 6 minutes left!), then dinner, then out on the town. It was a super fun night!

I wasn't feeling too bad on Sunday, just tired, but around 4:30 or so I crashed. Hard. Ended up sleeping for about 3 hours and screwing up my sleep for that night 

Monday I hit the gym in the morning and after work did some little things and did some work on a course I'm taking on Risk Management. Tuesday I went to the gym again, got a hair cut, did a couple other things. Today was an unintentional lie-in, bike intervals at lunch to make up for no rugby on Tuesday, and a whole lot of mobility.

I have some things I have to get on this week to make my challenge goals. I have to read another book, get my plan for the rest of the year sorted, and start my next knitting project. I have rugby tomorrow but there's no game this weekend because it's a long weekend, so I have to try and sneak in cardio (on Friday morning?) before I head up north for the weekend. Getting my steps in on the weekend will be a bit of a challenge, but on the other hand I'll have plenty of time for reading and knitting, not least on the bus trip up north on Friday! I think everything is doable, as long as I remember to do it - that's been more the issue lately, and I think being tired is contributing to me forgetting things/not getting things done. When I have free time on the weekends I end up sleeping a lot and doing things that require no thinking instead of useful things... But I'd really like to get my to-do list cleared, or at least get the things that have been languishing on it, like a big clean up/clean out of my closet/desk drawers/dresser, done and out of the way. Just gotta keep poking away at things I guess, and eventually it'll get done? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, maegs said:

I think everything is doable, as long as I remember to do it - that's been more the issue lately, and I think being tired is contributing to me forgetting things/not getting things done. When I have free time on the weekends I end up sleeping a lot and doing things that require no thinking instead of useful things... But I'd really like to get my to-do list cleared, or at least get the things that have been languishing on it, like a big clean up/clean out of my closet/desk drawers/dresser, done and out of the way.

Do you perhaps have a black board? Or white board? Or any surface where you could write a temporary To Do List for the week, something you'll see frequently? I painted my pantry door with black board paint, and write the weeks' stuff on there. It definitely helps me to remember, but catching up on sleep plays a big role in how much I eventually get done. Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 2