• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 5/22/2017 at 8:58 AM, Heidi ☯ said:

So how did the challenge go, overall? Are you doing another round?

Ahhh what day is it? Time has been flying lately. June is next week?!?!?!

Last time I posted was like a week ago, whoops. Thursday I skipped rugby practice because tired/busy, Friday was an adventure at work because we had another flood! Exactly one month since the last one. And then I got the bus up north after work. Weekend - good weather up north Saturday, rainy and cold Sunday, then had Monday (holiday here) at home to get some stuff done. Tuesday was gym/work/rugby, today I did some cardio after work. 

Yesterday I also climbed up these stairs (the photo was taken maybe 1/3 of the way up?) on the way to rugby, forgot about them until I got there :P  

On Instagram @Rab397 was like "run up the stairs!" and I was like "more like die" haha

• Like 6

Stats

STR - 31.75 | DEX - 47.5 | STA - 47.75 +2 | CON - 75 +3 | WIS - 47 +4 | CHA - 47.5 +3

• Weight 170lb > 170lb
  • Waist 30" > 30"
  • Belly 33.25" > 33"
  • Hips 38.75" > 38.5"
  • Thigh 23" > 23"
  • Body Fat 26.60% > 26.54%

Goals

Food

Continue eating as per low-GI guidelines. Be stricter re: treats, things that are almost ok - this means better planning and sufficient snacks on hand.

Allowed exceptions - but remember guidelines for socializing!:

• Friend’s bachelorette
  • Post-rugby-games (x2 this challenge) - social-ing after games = pub food and beer

Did well with food, although I keep forgetting that my lunches/dinners are supposed to be the carb/veg option more often than the veg/fat/protein option, whoops! +3 CON

Plan

Carried over from the last challenge - I need to refine my goals/plan from my 2017 Roadmap. It's not specific enough about specific steps to take and mini-goals/smaller things on the way to the big goals. So I want to work on figuring out the specifics in a more detailed and organized way. Also apply lessons from The Life Changing Magic Of Not Giving A Fuck to help eliminate/prioritize goals. I mostly got this done. I took a bunch of stuff off of the list, and there's a couple things I'm still thinking on. +2 WIS

Cardio

I’ve got rugby practice a couple times a week right now, weather permitting, and 2 rugby games during the course of the challenge, so on weekends when I don’t have a game I’ll go for a run. And if practice is canceled due to rain I'll go for a run. Ideally I’ll be able to go over to the park that’s ~1.5km away (I think) and run the big hill there, but that’ll also depend on the weather (the area at the bottom of the hill, which also includes a dirt/clay(?) running track collects water like no one’s business when it rains). The hill isn't a sand dune, but it'll do!

Not technically cardio, but I also want to make sure I get my 10 000 steps a day in - if anyone’s got a FitBit I’m down to do challenges! My name is also maegs on the app, my picture there is a hummingbird :) Got my steps in on 24/28 days. Didn't get all my cardio in in weeks 2 & 4. In week 2 I think the problem was the weather more than anything, I hate doing indoor cardio, especially at this time of year! And in week 4 I just didn't have the (mental or physical) energy for making it to practice or out to do cardio on my own. +2 STA

Reading

Read 2 books during the course of this challenge. I’m 2 books behind schedule on my Goodreads challenge so I have to start catching up! Read one book (Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed) and started another one, but didn't finish it yet (A Voyage for Madmen by Peter Nichols) +2 WIS

Knitting

Finish the blanket I finished knitting during the last challenge - weave in the ends, wash, and block it. Remember to take pictures ;)  Start Lambing Mitts Finished the blanket, got the first mitt started last weekend. +3 CHA

Sociable

Unofficial goal - be more active on here, both on my own thread and on others' threads! Was active on here on 12 days... Not what I was aiming for, I trailed off a lot in weeks 3 & 4

• Like 6

So good to get another update from you.

Looking forward to hearing about what all you are doing this summer, and O Dear Gods, those stairs!!

You are such a badass.

I just started reading Tana French's The Trespasser -- have you read it? I'm a Dublin Murder Squad junkie.

59 minutes ago, Heidi ☯ said:

So good to get another update from you.

Looking forward to hearing about what all you are doing this summer, and O Dear Gods, those stairs!!

You are such a badass.

I just started reading Tana French's The Trespasser -- have you read it? I'm a Dublin Murder Squad junkie.

Those stairs are worse than the actual rugby part! :P I haven't heard of Dublin Murder Squad before but I've added it to my to-read list!

Updated my weight/measurement stats

giphy.gif

• Like 4

One of the things that makes French great (and she really is great, in many layers and many ways), is that she is using the police procedural as a foil for some amazing narrative work, and she does it so deftly that we barely notice. She is a master at this from the beginning; Into the Woods is as great as any other of the offerings, though my favorite so far is The Likeness, with The Secret Place  a close second.

In his analysis of the series (through book four), Tim Wirkus walks us through the slight of hand that French weaves before our eyes in the guise of a murder mystery: the epistemological investigation of information and knowing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heidi ☯ said:

One of the things that makes French great (and she really is great, in many layers and many ways), is that she is using the police procedural as a foil for some amazing narrative work, and she does it so deftly that we barely notice. She is a master at this from the beginning; Into the Woods is as great as any other of the offerings, though my favorite so far is The Likeness, with The Secret Place  a close second.

In his analysis of the series (through book four), Tim Wirkus walks us through the slight of hand that French weaves before our eyes in the guise of a murder mystery: the epistemological investigation of information and knowing.

from the Wirkus article:

By this point in the series, a pattern emerges. Although the material circumstances of each mystery differ quite a bit, each novel features at its core a profound epistemological crisis. As detectives, the novels’ protagonists constantly face questions about what knowledge is and how to find it, and in response they’ve each developed a specific epistemological priority, whether it’s confidence in the power of memory, or in embodied experience, or in a knee-jerk distrust of the motives of others. And without fail, by the end of each book, the inadequacies of those beliefs have been laid bare by the troubling mysteries that they fail to fully resolve.

AHHHH I WANT TO READ IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

• Like 1

It's been raining all day (since sometime last night). The rain's off right now, but rugby practice was changed to a chalk talk at the pub. Going to take my knitting and get lots done!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, maegs said:

This challenge was based around "it's gonna be may", next challenge might be called "how the f&#k is it june?!" :D 

Amen sister!!!

• Like 1