• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tazaria

Tazaria's First Challenge

21 hours ago, Tazaria said:

No problem, thanks for the response! It's nice to know there are people reading to keep me accountable =]

I understand entirely. I really need people reading and reminding me I am getting somewhere too. I am great at supporting others, but I suck at giving myself that same patience and understanding.

I feel it too when I don't drink enough water. First off I feel hungry and want to eat when really it is just thirst. I also get really sleep early if I haven't drank enough water for the day! I could definitely try implementing the time frames you mentioned, at least at first it would probably remind me to be drinking water all day. My biggest problem is forgetting to drink water when I'm busy/out of the house. I always forget to grab a drink when I'm going out the door for in my car. I should probably focus on that the most and figure out how to start remembering to drink water when I'm not at home.

Honestly, I would love to say "Oh its easy, just..." but really, it took training myself to take that glass with me everywhere. Even now, I will start to forget but my husband is trained so he won't let me leave without it. Before I leave the house I am doing the "keys, check, phone, check, wallet, check. cup, check. backup, check." if any of those are missing, then I can't leave yet. Once you focus on taking it with you, it gets easier. (Like carrying the diaper bag, how many times did you try to forget that at first? Or was I the only one who did that? )

I've slipped up once, but so far it's not going too bad. Fleaball gave the idea of brushing my teeth after dinner so that I don't feel like eating if you didn't see that one. I also use the evening time to catch up on reading blogs and NF posts, do some cleaning while my son is in bed, and my husband and I play games on the PS4. As long as I don't let myself get really bored after dinner it seems to be easier to forget about food. I definitely was used to eating my boredom before, so I'm focusing on that.  

Thanks! It feels really good to get back into it. I've been covering the display so I don't watch my time and just doing my rows and then looking at the time after to see if I can get better!

Yeah you are starting to beat up the late night snacking monster. These are all great ideas to fight him. Honestly, the brush my teeth one wouldn't work for me tho since i brush when get home from work (no time at work, nor place to do so) so I generally have to brush like an hour before dinner. Keep busy and you won't have time to snack is a good thing.  And I am glad to see I am not the only one who covers the time display. I try to do it on the treadmill too. Then I walk till I am tired (and then check and then try to push longer).

Yeah I put down my goal as filling up a box per week so I could evaluate every week if I've made the amount of progress I want to. Really though I've been doing a little bit almost every day and it's working out pretty well. Some days I do more than others but it's all equaling out. I'm almost done with my kitchen and then will move to other rooms. It's really nice to not only get rid of things I no longer want/need but also to reorganize everything! My only child (so far) is 19 months and we plan on having more so all his baby clothes and infant stuff is in the basement but some day I will need to purge all of it too =] You're absolutely right about not deciding how much to get rid of right away! I started this challenge just because our neighborhood is having our big garage sale the second weekend of June and I've been thinking for a while that I should try and get rid of some stuff. I honestly don't know how much stuff I will have to put out but I'm slowing finding out!

It is amazing to me how much I have in the house I don't need. And holding onto things at 19 months make sense. I mean I did the same thing. Just don't hold onto them for 12 years... Granted, I will say I keep a pack n play and high chair and saucer and a few baby things around for when my sisters bring their kids. Its one less thing for them to pack and it sometimes allows me to lie to myself that my kids aren't that big.. I think your doing great on this that  you are that far along so quickly. Great job. 

1 hour ago, Tazaria said:

Week 2 Day 3!

Okay, this is becoming a novel. great job on Day 3. It sounds like your company had a blast and so did you. And the fact you did all that then got on the treadmill after they left is huge. usually by the time people leave I am ready for bed. You are doing great.

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 4!

Record water intake every day and reach 84 oz of water a day.

Water intake: 86 oz. My water was more spaced out this time instead of drinking the majority of it after lunch.

No late night eating. Nothing after dinner.

Success again and it's definitely easier!

Use my rowing machine 2x a week in addition to my daily walks.

I got my rowing in as scheduled! I pushed hard again to see if I could improve my time even more from last time and was pretty shocked when I looked at the display. Improved by just over 2 minutes! 400 rows 15:50

Fill up 2 boxes per week of stuff. One for trash, one for give away/sell.

I actually did not plan on doing anything for this today but I guess my 19month old had a different plan because he emptied the one cupboard I hadn't done yet while I was making dinner last night so I picked up everything off the floor and organized it into my boxes and put away what we are keeping. Kitchen is done!

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 5!

Water intake: 84oz I was gone all morning at a graduation so unfortunately not much of this was done in the morning again.

No problems here! Going well still.

Got my rowing done the day before this one so on schedule. I didn't get one of my normal walks in but I still did a good amount of walking for the graduation as we had to park at a parking garage and walk, and also climb a lot of stairs.

No progress here this time!

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 6!

Water intake: 85 oz This is an estimation as best as I can get it. We went to a graduation ceremony all morning and then went out to a campsite to hang out with family in the last afternoon/evening. I was drinking water while there but didn't track it.

This is still going great for me. I don't even have the cravings anymore!

My 2x rowing is already done for the week! Will hopefully get one in on Monday to start off week 3. We did go for a walk around the campgrounds though!

I was gone pretty much all day so did not touch this one. I made pretty good progress here by finishing out my kitchen so will probably just focus on another area in week 3!

This challenge seems to be going really fast. Does this always happen?? Can't believe we are going into week 3 soon!

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 7!

Water intake: 90 oz. I was bad this weekend, with being busy, about drinking most of my water in the late afternoon/evening instead of all day. Now that I'll be less busy I really need to focus on making sure I start with my water first thing in the morning. 

Success! We went out to eat for the graduation celebration and I ordered a barramundi fillet with sweet potato fries and a salad, no cheese or croutons, with oil and vinegar. I was satisfied but not stuffed (as I'm accustomed to feeling after going out to eat) and I felt great! 

My husband wanted to try working out at the same time so before we left for dinner we went to the basement and he did his workout while I walked on the treadmill! Will start off week 3 with rowing today (Monday)!

I was pretty busy this weekend so I slacked on this goal for sure. I made really good progress in the beginning of the week and filled up a couple of boxes so it was still successful. Will start off week 3 with tackling the spare bedroom closet!

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 1!

Water intake: 94oz. Yesterday was better as far as spreading out my water. I had 30 oz down by 11am!

No problems here again. I'm feeling strong in this area now!  

I did not feel like working out at all yesterday. At the time that I usually go for my walk I decided to do some housework and work on my 4th goal instead. I got some walking in when we went grocery shopping, but not too much. We went to two stores. I was planning on getting my rowing done at night after putting my son to bed and I just did not feel like it. I was feeling tired and a little run down and was being grumpy about needing to go workout. I felt like skipping but my husband encouraged me to just go get it done so I tredged down to the basement and got on my rower. I pushed as hard as I could but was getting tired more easy and felt like my workout just wasn't as good as usual. I felt slow! Boy was I shocked when I hit my 400 rows and looked at the time display. 15:59  That's only 9 seconds slower than my fastest time during this challenge I believe. I guess I wasn't doing that bad after all. I'm glad I went and got it done. I didn't feel like it before but I did feel better after doing it!

Yesterday I tackled the spare bedroom closet as per the plan I posted at the end of last week! Most of the stuff in there we didn't need to get rid of but I sure did need to organize it a little better. I did find a few things that I put into a bin for the garage sale though. My car floor mats from when I was a teenager were still in there...they went in the garage sale bin along with some wall hangings we got during our baby shower that I didn't like/want to hang and a couple duffle bags we haven't used in years. I think I only ended up throwing one thing away from the closet. I also ended up going through some of the clothes hanging in my closet even though I wasn't planning on touching my clothes yet. I just did the top rack on my side which hold all of my shirts and dresses. I was actually having fun trying everything on to see if it fit yet. I organized my closet a little while back when I had lost some weight so that the left side of the rack is things I wear and the right side are "goal" shirts that I either could wear a long time ago or have never worn. It's been a few months and about 30 pounds since I did this and I was pretty shocked at how many of the shirts I was able to move over to the left side! I also put a whole bunch of stuff into my "too big" bin that are getting too big on me so that they just don't look right anymore. At some point soon I will probably do this with my bottom rack too that holds my pants and skirts!

• Like 1

Hooray on moving your clothes over! And on everything else too. :) and yes, challenges either drag on or fly by, there's no in between. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

Hooray on moving your clothes over! And on everything else too. :) and yes, challenges either drag on or fly by, there's no in between. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 2!

Water intake: 100 oz. Again I had one cup down before the morning was over and that definitely helps me get my water in without having to chug in the evening!

Doing great in this department still!

Planning on doing my second rowing either Thursday or Friday. I got my walk in last night after I put my son to bed and it was so nice outside!

Staying with the theme of my clothes, I decided to organize my bottom rack in my closet. I don't have nearly as many pants as I do shirts so this didn't take long and I only put one pair into my bin. Then I went through my sock drawer. I had more socks than anyone could ever need! And the thing is, I have like my favorite 5 or 6 pairs and I don't wear the rest. The socks that were getting holey and/or dirty I threw away and the ones I've never worn went into a sell box!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hymnusal said:

You've got some fantastic momentum going Tazaria! :D Hoping the rest of week 3 is just as stellar!

Thanks! I'm hoping so too! 

Week 3 Day 3!

Water intake: 95 oz. Made sure to fill up my cup when we first got downstairs again.

I actually had this feeling like I ate a lot of food yesterday even though I really didn't. I'm thinking it might have been the amount of fat I had looking back on it. Bacon with breakfast, oil on my salad at lunch, fish and veggies cooked in butter for dinner. So anyway, no cravings at night and nothing eaten after dinner!

Will get my second rowing in hopefully today (Thursday). Went for a walk in the afternoon even though it was misting outside a little. It had rained all morning. It wasn't too bad though as the temperature was nice!

Didn't do too much here. We have a shelf in our closet, between my top and bottom rack on my side, that holds some crap we just didn't know what else to do with! I cleaned that off-threw a few things away, added a couple of things to the sell box, and organized the rest!

• Like 2

Week 3 Day 4!

I have no idea why, but I was having such cravings yesterday! Not even at night either, they had dissipated by then, but all day! I didn't eat anything different the day before that would have triggered them so I'm really not sure. It wasn't even for anything specific, I just wanted to eat all day! And I know it wasn't true hunger. I didn't eat anything extra though and so far today I seem to be doing ok. 

Water intake: 117 oz. One thing about having those cravings I guess was that I drank a lot of water to hold off eating!

Success! Thankfully my cravings went away before night time. 

Got my rowing in at night, after putting my son to bed. 400 rows 16:22. Not my fastest but pretty good. I also went for a walk in the early afternoon outside!

I did not get anything done for this. I will try to do a little today (Friday). It's also my shopping day and I need to mow so we will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tazaria said:

Week 3 Day 4!

I have no idea why, but I was having such cravings yesterday! Not even at night either, they had dissipated by then, but all day! I didn't eat anything different the day before that would have triggered them so I'm really not sure. It wasn't even for anything specific, I just wanted to eat all day! And I know it wasn't true hunger. I didn't eat anything extra though and so far today I seem to be doing ok. 

Water intake: 117 oz. One thing about having those cravings I guess was that I drank a lot of water to hold off eating!

Success! Thankfully my cravings went away before night time. 

Got my rowing in at night, after putting my son to bed. 400 rows 16:22. Not my fastest but pretty good. I also went for a walk in the early afternoon outside!

I did not get anything done for this. I will try to do a little today (Friday). It's also my shopping day and I need to mow so we will see.

So you had what I call a Hollow day (I think I actually heard it first in Hunger Games). Anyway, its where you just want to eat everything, you are just never full. Those days are very tricky, but it sounds like you handled it well.

I know I was off in my own little funk, but it sounds like your doing great. Keep it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So you had what I call a Hollow day (I think I actually heard it first in Hunger Games). Anyway, its where you just want to eat everything, you are just never full. Those days are very tricky, but it sounds like you handled it well.

I know I was off in my own little funk, but it sounds like your doing great. Keep it up.

Hollow day sounds like pretty good terminology for it! I definitely wanted to eat all the things. Today I'm fine again though so crisis averted I guess!

Thanks and stay strong @Bean Sidhe

7 hours ago, Tazaria said:

Hollow day sounds like pretty good terminology for it! I definitely wanted to eat all the things. Today I'm fine again though so crisis averted I guess!

Thanks and stay strong @Bean Sidhe

I have found Hollow days are just random. Or if there is a pattern, I have yet to discover it. I only get them every few months, hopefully yours stays away for awhile now too.

Welcome, and stay strong too.

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 5!

Water intake: 101 oz. So far I'm doing better with making sure I'm drinking water in the morning. I've actually been drinking a glass of water in the bathroom after taking my vitamin and brushing my teeth just to get started!

No problems here again! This challenge goal was a good idea for me and I'm glad it has been going well the last couple of weeks!

I've got my two rowing sessions in for the week already! I didn't go for a walk but I did mow the yard which takes me about an hour so dammit I'm counting it!

I had reported before that I was all done with my kitchen, but actually discovered yesterday that I forgot about a couple of drawers! I had a drawer with some of my son's stuff in it and then a drawer with some miscellanous kitchen gadgets that I don't use. I cleaned out and condensed them down and put the gadgets in my sell box!

Week 3 Day 6!

Water intake: 101 oz again. The funny thing is, we were really busy yesterday and I felt like I hadn't drank that much water. When we got home last night and I added up my water I had already hit my goal for the day and the night wasn't over yet. I guess maybe I was craving the larger amount of water?

No problems here although we did eat dinner later than usual due to being busy.

No rowing, will hopefully get in my first row of week 4 on Monday! We did go to a local park/walking trail and get a few miles in walking though!

We were pretty busy so I didn't touch this one! We are busy again today (Sunday) so we will see if I get anymore done!

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 7!

Water intake: 108 oz. I feel like I'm a lot more conscious now of if I'm drinking water or not. I find myself thinking about it a lot during the day, making sure I have water next to me.

This was a little hard for me last night. We had a Mother's day dinner last night at my parents house and I didn't eat enough due to food choices I think because I was hungry after we left. I didn't want to eat super late though so I held off.

My 2x rowing was already done for the week. We got some walking in at the farmers market in the morning though. Was my first trip there of the year. I love going to the farmers market!

Unfortunately did not get anything done for this during this busy weekend but I made pretty good progress earlier in the week!

• Like 2

Week 4 Day 1!

Water intake: 94 oz. A little lower than the past few days but still over goal.

We went to my in-laws for dinner and I had a homemade cookie at the end of my dinner but it was pre-planned earlier in the day (I made them), so I don't count this as a fail because I planned on it rather than it being mindless eating or a craving.

Got my rowing done in the afternoon while my son slept. It was a little hard to get started because I was being lazy but I got all 400 done. 400 rows 16:45. I also decided to go for a walk right after because I was planning on trying to do it after we got home but figured if I tried that I wouldn't end up doing it. It was a shorter walk than usual but I felt good about it!

I've really been slacking on this for the past few days. Didn't get any done again. Will try to something today!

• Like 3

Week 4 Day 2

Water intake: 101 oz. Back up over 100 again! Although that really isn't the goal, I do feel better when drinking that much.

No problems! Just a side note, my husband finally went and bought propane for our grill so I've been making all kinds of tasty grilled food for dinner. Mmmm

Will try and get my second rowing in on Thursday. I didn't get a walk in because it rained all day and I didn't feel like using the treadmill last night.

Ok so I focused on this goal this time. I cleaned out my entire dresser and finished sorting my clothes into keep, throw away, and sell piles! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tazaria said:

No problems! Just a side note, my husband finally went and bought propane for our grill so I've been making all kinds of tasty grilled food for dinner. Mmmm

Ok so I focused on this goal this time. I cleaned out my entire dresser and finished sorting my clothes into keep, throw away, and sell piles! 

First off... Grilled food is yummy. I hope you enjoy your new grill.

Secondly, I think cleaning out the entire dresser more than makes up for the slacking a bit here and there. Great job. Isn't your garage sale coming up soon?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

First off... Grilled food is yummy. I hope you enjoy your new grill.

Secondly, I think cleaning out the entire dresser more than makes up for the slacking a bit here and there. Great job. Isn't your garage sale coming up soon?

Yes, grilled food is amazing! Thanks!

I thought so too haha. I can't even believe how much stuff I pulled out of my dresser that I haven't worn in years! I have one whole drawer that is just empty now and it was packed before! My garage sale is the 3rd weekend of June so about one more month! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tazaria said:

Yes, grilled food is amazing! Thanks!

I thought so too haha. I can't even believe how much stuff I pulled out of my dresser that I haven't worn in years! I have one whole drawer that is just empty now and it was packed before! My garage sale is the 3rd weekend of June so about one more month! 

You are going to be so ready for that sale and hopefully you will have some extra money once its over too. I need to do our dressers and our closet, but eventually. I know my closet has stuff that no longer fits in both directions. Keep rocking it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

You are going to be so ready for that sale and hopefully you will have some extra money once its over too. I need to do our dressers and our closet, but eventually. I know my closet has stuff that no longer fits in both directions. Keep rocking it.

I hope I am ready for it! I still need to clean off the top of my dresser (mostly jewelry), condense my holiday decorations, and get my husband to go through his clothes! My closet was totally the same. The few things I always wore, stuff that was too big, and stuff that I couldn't wear yet. I had fun organizing my closet from left to right so that left was stuff I could wear and right was stuff I can't fit into yet! Everything that was too big got put into a bin =] The right side of my closet sometimes gives me motivation now when I look at my 'goal' shirts! I'm doing my best, let's survive this challenge together!

• Like 1