• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tazaria

Tazaria's First Challenge

16 hours ago, Tazaria said:

I hope I am ready for it! I still need to clean off the top of my dresser (mostly jewelry), condense my holiday decorations, and get my husband to go through his clothes! My closet was totally the same. The few things I always wore, stuff that was too big, and stuff that I couldn't wear yet. I had fun organizing my closet from left to right so that left was stuff I could wear and right was stuff I can't fit into yet! Everything that was too big got put into a bin =] The right side of my closet sometimes gives me motivation now when I look at my 'goal' shirts! I'm doing my best, let's survive this challenge together!

At the rate you are getting things clean, I am sure you will be ready for the sale. and at least you can see those shirts as "goal" shirts. That is a good way to think of instead of "why don't these fit." Keep it up. We are so close, We are almost through it.

• Like 2

Week 4 Day 3

Record water intake every day and reach 84 oz of water a day.

Water intake: 110 oz. I was hoping this challenge would get me to drink more water but I wasn't expecting to start hitting over 100!

No late night eating. Nothing after dinner.

Success!

Use my rowing machine 2x a week in addition to my daily walks.

No rowing. It rained all day too but stopped in the evening so I got my walk in after I put my son to bed!

Fill up 2 boxes per week of stuff. One for trash, one for give away/sell.

I cleaned out the two drawers in my night stand and threw a bunch of stuff away.

• Like 3

Week 4 Day 4

Water intake: 105 oz. Over 100 again and I feel great!

Success again!

I was planning on getting my second rowing in but it didn't happen, and all I have are excuses. I worked outside a lot during the day and in the evening we went and had our son's pictures taken at the park. By the time we got home and I put my son to bed I was tired and just didn't feel like it. I will get it in today! As far as my other exercise goes- at the time that I usually go for my walk, I mowed the yard, and pulled weeds and mulched the garden. 

I cleaned out my several jewelry boxes and starting sorting them into keep and sell piles. I have a crap ton of earrings lol. 

• Like 2

Week 4 Day 5

Water intake: 100 oz. I feel pretty good about hitting 100 for this day too because I was out shopping for about 6 hours and I made sure to have water with me.

No problems here although I was a little more hungry than usual yesterday.

Not gonna lie, I really did not feel like rowing again but I went and did it anyway. I was moving pretty slow compared to the other times but I'm glad I did it. 400 rows 17:41

I worked on my jewelry again. I cleaned out all the jewelry boxes I own and organized all my earrings into piles. I really want to consolidate down to one jewelry box and get rid of everything I don't wear.

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 6!

Water intake: 119 oz. Again, I was gone most of the day so I feel really good about getting lots of water in. 

So I guess I technically failed this one. I was packing up stuff for our zoo trip last night so I wouldn't have to do it this morning and before I realized what I was doing I popped an almond in my mouth and ate it! Not the worst thing, but still failed. 

My 2x rowing is already done for the week! I was gone most of the day and it also rained all evening so no walk. I'll make it up today at the zoo!

I didn't get anything done here this time. 

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 7!!!!

Water intake: 115 oz. Over 100 again!

No problems this time!

My 2x rowing is already done for the week! We spent 4 hours walking around the zoo, only stopping for a short lunch so we got tons of walking in!

I didn't get anything done here again. We leave on vacation in 2 days!!! Getting so nervous about my 20 month old in a car for 18 hours lol. I spent the evening packing for the trip instead of for the garage sale.

Can't believe this is the last day! The challenge went by so fast for me! Thanks everyone who followed along and kept me accountable!

• Like 2

On 2017-05-22 at 11:49 AM, Tazaria said:

Can't believe this is the last day! The challenge went by so fast for me! Thanks everyone who followed along and kept me accountable!

Huzzah, you've made it to the finish line! Are you going to do a grading or retrospective?

I'll keep an eye out for your next challenge. :D

Results!

I was hoping this goal would help with my water intake but didn't expect it to be quite so successful! At first I found myself just focusing to track the water and had a couple of days early on where I didn't hit goal. After I remembered to consistently track my water I found that it caused me to start drinking more water just from that! Then I focused on drinking water when I first woke up in the morning and that really sky rocketed how much I was drinking a day. I finished out this goal with drinking over 100oz a day! Definitely successful as a whole!

I struggled with some crazy cravings at night in the first week but they actually went away after that and didn't really come back! This goal went way better than I was expecting. In the first few days I was wondering if I could keep it up! After the cravings went away it was pretty smooth sailing!

This was probably the hardest one for me. I did actually get my rowing done twice a week all 4 weeks, but I had to fight myself to go down to the basement and get it done most of the time. I think I only rowed twice where I actually wanted to do it haha. With the other goals I know I'll be able to keep them up after this challenge as habits I've now established but I can't imagine, right now, that I will feel like sticking to a schedule with my rowing. The only reason I got my rowing done during these weeks was because I knew I would have to come report on here about whether I did it or not! I will have to do more challenges and make this a goal again so I'm forced to do it more!

My intention when I wrote out my goals was to fill up boxes and track per week but it quickly turned into more of just trying to do something every day (or most days) that had to do with going through my stuff. I had a lot of momentum in the beginning and cleaned out my entire kitchen in the first week! That felt really nice. Over the next few weeks I got my spare bedroom closet, my walk-in closet, and my dresser all cleaned out and organized. I still have yet to clean and organize my holiday decorations, but that's the only thing I didn't get to. I didn't get as much done as I thought I would but I made pretty good progress over all!

Also, I lost 10 pounds during this challenge! I didn't have an official weight loss goal during the challenge, but that is an overall goal for me! 

I won't be participating in the next challenge unfortunately because I have 2 vacations scheduled during it. One I'm leaving for tonight! I'll have to catch everyone with the one after!

• Like 1