• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Brovatar Korra

Strong Times at GAINZmont High

17587513_1941545649393253_80316702503301

SOOOOOO.....

Great news on the job front: after 16 applications, 7 interviews, THOUSANDS of dollars spent on application fees, traveling, a professional convention, interview outfits, (a nervous breakdown), business cards, and resume paper...

I GOT A RESIDENCY! 

Ben-Wyatt-Yelling-Booyah-Parks-and-Recre

I'm going to be working for the VA, which is what I really really really wanted.

Now:

I graduate in 4 weeks!

I have to study for my licensing exam!

We're moving halfway across the country! Have to arrange all of that and start my new job on June 26th!

I am super sad that I'm about to leave all of my lifting friends and the great powerlifting/strongman community in Central Texas. I've made some great friendships over the last eight years. So I decided to have fun with whatever I can still do and it turns out there is a Strongman Competition next weekend! April 29th is an unsanctioned event for charity called "Ronin Veterans Network Strongest San Martian." I'm competing with some other ladies that are MY FAVORITE PEOPLE and I can't wait. 

So this challenge is really just:

1. Do all the things for my career

2. After doing those things have as much fun as I can

Yeah I'm still going to track macros, train regularly, and work on moving gradually towards the 198# weight class. But really 1. and 2. are my guiding principles for the next 2 months. 

I'm also planning to compete at another Strongman competition on June 3rd. More details to come, it will be at the Naturally Fit Games, and it will be my THIRD year in a row competing there!

I'm bringing this back:

58fd68979274c_SlothBear2.thumb.jpg.ddddadaac0ca61fada9997b1dd548e93.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Great news on the job front: after 16 applications, 7 interviews, THOUSANDS of dollars spent on application fees, traveling, a professional convention, interview outfits, (a nervous breakdown), business cards, and resume paper...

I GOT A RESIDENCY!

BTrQoVK.png

(I used this in my own thread but it seems appropriate here)

• Like 1

Mon 4/24/17

1. Trap bar DL - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x4, 315x12 - EMEOM (I just made this up! "every minute every other minute") or 2 min rest between.

So basically 12 singles.

2. Lat pulldowns - 50x10, 60x10, 75x10, 60x10

3. Seated row - 50x10, 60x10, 75x10, 90x10, 75x15

Then rested until - Strongman competition for fun and charity! on Sat 4/29/17

The events were:

1. Keg 85# OHP for max reps 60 seconds

I did okay in this. I can't get into a groove from the ground to overhead. Some of the ladies do a really smooth transition like a viper press. I'm not there yet. So I only got 5. I did 6 but I forgot to wait for the down command on the first rep (doh)

2. Deadlift Medley - axlebar 215x2, regular bar 265x2, trap bar 315 max reps (60 seconds total)

I finished the medley and got 5 reps at the end on the 315, so that is a PR I'm super happy with that.

ONE WOMAN DID 16 REPS SHE IS A BEAST!!! (and my powerlifting coach ;p)

3. Keg Over Bar 110#, 48", 60 sec

I kicked ass in this event! I got 9 reps, with my 9th rep in the last 3 seconds. It was definitely a mental PR to keep going even after I heard the 5 second countdown begin.

4. "Three Corners Medley" sled-rope pull (arm over arm) 25ft (I don't know what was on the sled, 275?) yoke then farmers (110 per hand)

The yoke was shitty. I mean literally rickety and wobbly and totally not safe. I don't know how the other ladies managed to move it the whole 50 ft. I got maybe 10 with it. I could not get it to stay still on my back it kept swaying to much to get any momentum. OH WELL!

The best part is I competed against 3 other women that I am friends with and we all know each other and we have competed together before and it was just like the best "ladies lifting together" day ever. And we got tacos after.

Here is a great photo from the day, perhaps my new favorite pic of me lifting!

18193016_10209391553496349_8531899510048

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Mon 4/24/17

1. Trap bar DL - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x4, 315x12 - EMEOM (I just made this up! "every minute every other minute") or 2 min rest between.

So basically 12 singles.

HHAHA. That warrior life. "I JUST MADE THIS UP!" But yet so perfect in every way. You rock! I've missed your updates. 

Then rested until - Strongman competition for fun and charity! on Sat 4/29/17

The events were:

1. Keg 85# OHP for max reps 60 seconds

I did okay in this. I can't get into a groove from the ground to overhead. Some of the ladies do a really smooth transition like a viper press. I'm not there yet. So I only got 5. I did 6 but I forgot to wait for the down command on the first rep (doh)

That is still impressive! Loading a keg from ground to overhead is BOSS. 

2. Deadlift Medley - axlebar 215x2, regular bar 265x2, trap bar 315 max reps (60 seconds total)

I finished the medley and got 5 reps at the end on the 315, so that is a PR I'm super happy with that.

ONE WOMAN DID 16 REPS SHE IS A BEAST!!! (and my powerlifting coach ;p)

CONGRATS ON YOUR PR!

The best part is I competed against 3 other women that I am friends with and we all know each other and we have competed together before and it was just like the best "ladies lifting together" day ever. And we got tacos after.

This sounds perfect in every way ( I realize I used this phrase already OH WELL). Strength comp with lady warriors and then tacos. *swoons*

Here is a great photo from the day, perhaps my new favorite pic of me lifting!

18193016_10209391553496349_8531899510048

cardio does suck! you look strong (and are strong) as hell in this pic. I aspire to be this strong one day. :) 

• Like 4

Not sure how i missed your thread! Here now!

YAY!!!! Congratulations! 

giphy.gif

The picture of you is fantabuloutstandenal!

In which part of the country will you land? 

Exotic Iowa City Iowa! They do have a powerlifting / strongman gym nearby so everything is going to be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know I've been working out regularly, but I've been bad about recording them lately. Today practiced with the log. Strongman competition coming up on June 3rd! For my weight class (women open heavy weight is > 165#)

Log clean and press away 130#.

I did 70X5, 90x5, 110x5, 120x5, 130x5, 70x10.

I ran short on time otherwise would have done more accessories. Maybe I'll tack them on tomorrow for a super workout

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Great news everybody! I am now officially Dr. Brovatar Korra!

Image result for congratulations gif

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Great news everybody! I am now officially Dr. Brovatar Korra!

great-scott.jpg

• Like 1

Today's workout:

Bench Press - haven't benched in ~2 weeks, so I knew this would be a bit rusty

45x10, 85x5, 105x5, 125x5x2, 145x5x3

Deadlift - practicing for the comp from blocks 16"

135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 255x3, 285x3, 315x3

- the competition weight is 335 for max reps in 60 seconds. 315 felt like a good stopping point. I'm going to go for 335 next weekend.

I don't think I'll have a challenge thread for the next round, since I'll probably be posting so infrequently. But I am doing a Strongman competition on June 3rd, and I'll definitely post pics and write-up in my daily battle log: Albeus51's Epic Journey to Become an Amazon Warrior.

• Like 2