Ada's ESL repeated challenge

38 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I'm starting to realise I'll need the caffeine to get through the cut.

I'm beginning to think getting back on that wagon is my saving grace if I want to drop weight while lifting the way I am.

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'm beginning to think getting back on that wagon is my saving grace if I want to drop weight while lifting the way I am.

Your avatar should be like "Squats, coffee, and cookies!"

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Exciting times, new program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEES! It's a trial program that has me do all 3 lifts every session (but with variations).

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Futurama-meme.jpg

Not enough. Obvs.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Grumble said:

OMC! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

Anybody want to draw a Wookie like that?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I will try to doodle this for you this weekend :P

Also, in regards to cutting out coffee, I think the others who mentioned a cut off time are spot on for that thought, but also, maybe do kind of what I'm doing; do it in streaks. Record how many days you can go without coffee or diet pop or what ever caffeine source you grab and then just try and keep the streak going. But if you feel terrible, or if a small cup of coffee or a can of pop is going to keep you within you calorie range I say go for it.

All things in moderation right? Except lifting, I prefer that to excess :P

• Like 3

On 4/28/2017 at 5:40 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

It looks like for the most part nutrition has started to stabilise. I even successfully bought exactly as much food as I needed this week and, despite some additions, I didn't skip anything when I didn't feel like eating the planned meal. Tomorrow I'll buy pretty much the same stuff for next week.

During the weekend I'll create a cut diary where I'll add weekly measurements (scale, bf%, tape measurements) starting on Sunday. In the meantime I'll also think how I can add more movement to increase the caloric deficit, e.g. by walking back home instead of taking the underground.

That being said, I'm already hungry and sleepy all day so I don't know how to get through this. It may not be a good idea to both start a cut and cut out caffeine.

Yay for nutrition stability!

Agreeing with everyone on the cut + caffeine at the same time. 

If you are still cutting the caffeine, but missing coffee, can you switch to decaf?  Then you still have the ritual of the coffee, so don't feel deprived, but not all the caffeine? 

Also - HI!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

On 29 Apr 2017 at 0:11 AM, Grumble said:

OMC! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

Anybody want to draw a Wookie like that?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 29 Apr 2017 at 3:12 AM, Leigh said:

I will try to doodle this for you this weekend :P

Happy to see that it happened! I really liked the doodle. :D 

On 29 Apr 2017 at 3:12 AM, Leigh said:

Also, in regards to cutting out coffee, I think the others who mentioned a cut off time are spot on for that thought, but also, maybe do kind of what I'm doing; do it in streaks. Record how many days you can go without coffee or diet pop or what ever caffeine source you grab and then just try and keep the streak going. But if you feel terrible, or if a small cup of coffee or a can of pop is going to keep you within you calorie range I say go for it.

All things in moderation right? Except lifting, I prefer that to excess :P

12 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Yay for nutrition stability!

Agreeing with everyone on the cut + caffeine at the same time. 

If you are still cutting the caffeine, but missing coffee, can you switch to decaf?  Then you still have the ritual of the coffee, so don't feel deprived, but not all the caffeine? 

Had coffee this weekend according to my goal and I felt much better so I think I'll go back to having a cup early in the day. 

To be fair I also had a mate tea today but I find the caffeine on it more gentle than on coffee.

12 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Also - HI!

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22197-1380333739-4.

10 hours ago, Grumble said:

Image result for terrified gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23379-1380333840-5.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 1 - Day 5

Goal 1: Eat. 1700-1800kcal per day.

1803kcal. Close enough.

Goal 2: Sleep7-8 hours every night.

Did it. :D 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

Rest day.

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

Meant to go to an event but a friend from the gym asked me to meet for coffee and then I got too lazy to go anywhere else. Had ginger tea instead of coffee.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 1 - Day 6

2142kcal. Over what I plan on gym days but I also went on a 5k walk before the gym that included farmer's walk, i.e. weekly grocery shopping. According to fitbit the deficit was good. I wanted to take measurements today but I cowarded out. Took pics though. 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

Did everything! :D

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

Nop, spent the evening at the gym and then decided to watch a movie which even though amazon claimed in had English subtitles it didn't (half of the dialogue was in German btw).

• Like 3

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 1 - Day 7

1894kcal. :( 

Rest day. My abs are sore.

Not yet.

Decided to drop the non-caffeine part of the challenge. It won't work now. I'll restrict it though.

• Like 3

Current challenge

Battle log

It sounds like you may have found a good middle ground already, but in case you want my two cents, I've been pretty happy with doing coffee first thing after waking up, but then making everything after that first pot (about 1L) green tea, either regular or decaffeinated. Like EmD mentioned, the ritual of a hot beverage is really important for me, so totally cutting it out would've been rough, but switching to gentler and lower-caffeine options has overall been helpful.

• Like 6

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

6 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

It sounds like you may have found a good middle ground already, but in case you want my two cents, I've been pretty happy with doing coffee first thing after waking up, but then making everything after that first pot (about 1L) green tea, either regular or decaffeinated. Like EmD mentioned, the ritual of a hot beverage is really important for me, so totally cutting it out would've been rough, but switching to gentler and lower-caffeine options has overall been helpful.

^^ this is what I do. I have one cup of coffee in the morning but switch to green tea after (during the morning). After lunch I don't do any caffeine so it's herbal tea or water.

I find I need the heat - my office is always freezing!

• Like 4

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

On 4/30/2017 at 11:07 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

Week 1 - Day 5

1803kcal. Close enough.

Rest day.

Meant to go to an event but a friend from the gym asked me to meet for coffee and then I got too lazy to go anywhere else. Had ginger tea instead of coffee.

Hooray for reintroducing caffeine healthily and thoughtfully!

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

On 1 May 2017 at 4:59 PM, MikeWazowski said:

On 1 May 2017 at 11:29 PM, elvenengineer said:

^^ this is what I do. I have one cup of coffee in the morning but switch to green tea after (during the morning). After lunch I don't do any caffeine so it's herbal tea or water.

I'm usually OK in the morning. I don't need coffee to wake up. However, I have noticed that if I do get coffee first thing in the morning then I don't drink much water afterwards. I forget to drink water when coffee is around because... coffee. So I have a cup after lunch usually. (In the weekends I get coffee with breakfast though.)

On 1 May 2017 at 11:29 PM, elvenengineer said:

I find I need the heat - my office is always freezing!

I get the opposite problem. My office is always too warm. During the winter it is my fault (I have control of the heating panels and I sometimes overdo it). During the summer I can almost always see the sun from the window. I've already started to prefer iced coffee over hot coffee.

I'm already thinking of bringing supplies to make iced coffee myself at work.

16 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Hooray for reintroducing caffeine healthily and thoughtfully!

Funny-Coffee-Meme-26.jpg

15 hours ago, navis said:

Haiiiiii

television hello hi wave hey GIF

landscape_cookie-monster-2.jpg

• Like 3

Current challenge

Battle log

I was thinking of doing a summary of the first week but I got too lazy so I'll move on to week 2 and do a mid-challenge summary next week.

Week 2 - Day 1

1817kcal. 

Did it.

Rest day.

Not yet.

Monday was a public holiday and the gym was closed. (The horror! What am I supposed to do with my life if I don't have to go to work and the gym is closed?) So, I went for a long walk in the morning and tried to see some of the events of May Day. It was interesting although since it was fairly early in the morning I did not see a lot of stuff. 

Btw does anyone have experience with getting a tattoo over the ribs?

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 2 - Day 2

1916kcal. 

I'm not sure if I slept at least 7 hours. The FitBit was charging and I don't remember what time I went to sleep.

Did all of it, with the exception of 3 failed reps.

Not yet.

Current challenge

Battle log

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Btw does anyone have experience with getting a tattoo over the ribs?

Um don't do it? just kidding. I have no experience with that but it sounds terrible. My only tattoo is the full length of my right calf. That was fine from my recollection. 

My main thing with tattoos are :

1: is it in an area that will change shape quickly if you age or if you change shape?

2: does the design fit the shape and contour of the area? (I HATE tattoos that look like they were just plopped wherever vs thoughtfully laid out for the site)

3: how painful is the location? 

In summary, I care more about the first two vs the third. Pain is temporary. 

I want to get another tattoo on my other calf later this year, pending doctor approval. I was waiting for my calves to fill back out post-injuries / weight loss. They seem the right size now to go for it. 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

37 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

1: is it in an area that will change shape quickly if you age or if you change shape?

It looks like very few areas aren't really affected by shape changes. Even tattoos over areas with muscles can change shape if you gain muscle. Although that's probably a lot more prominent in men than women.

2: does the design fit the shape and contour of the area? (I HATE tattoos that look like they were just plopped wherever vs thoughtfully laid out for the site)

I'm going to guess that a good tattoo artist would be able to tell if that's going to happen or not and know how to prevent it, if possible.

3: how painful is the location? 

In summary, I care more about the first two vs the third. Pain is temporary. 

Good point!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 2 - Day 3

1934kcal. Over my goal. I felt weak.

Did that.

Rest day.

Not yet.

I skipped my usual Wednesday plans in order to go shopping for a new pair of shoes. I pretty much knew what I wanted since I'd spent some time online googling so right after work I went to a store to try the shoes on (which was a good idea because it turns out I needed 0.5 size smaller than what I thought and it did make a difference). However, the store I originally went to did not have the exact pair I wanted to try. They checked and told me that another store, which was closer to work (where I started from) had them. I eventually found the shoes but it took me all evening. Why is it not appropriate to give an invited talk in gym clothes/shoes btw? 

Regarding the tattoo question. The tattoo thing was brought up again because of me having to dress in a specific way for the invited talk. I googled online about placements that are not affected much by weight/shape changes and now I'm thinking of getting two smaller ones.

The Libra app on my phone seems to think that I'm now slowly entering a deficit. 

• Like 3

Current challenge

Battle log

shoe shopping can be such a bear! glad you found the right ones in a comfortable size.

what's the libra app?

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

shoe shopping can be such a bear! glad you found the right ones in a comfortable size.

what's the libra app?

My wife still can't find a pair of shoes that fit her almost two years post baby. I can't go shopping with her anymore.

It's a weight management app that's been around for a while now. It provides statistics, time-to-goal estimates, BMI, and the option to sync data with both DailyBurn and Withings.

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

8 minutes ago, Grumble said:

My wife still can't find a pair of shoes that fit her almost two years post baby. I can't go shopping with her anymore.

it's a frustrating process for sure. i will only buy comfortable shoes, but i also like to be kind of fashionable. you struggle to find a couple brands that mostly feel good, and stick to that until they change it up on ya. i recently bought 4 pairs of shoes online from a brand i knew i liked. i only wanted one but couldn't even bring myself to go into the store to try on 4 pairs of shoes. so much easier at home.

unfortunately one of the 3 shoes i ended up bringing to the store to return had scuff marks on the bottom so the clerk gave me side-eye. no, i didn't not wear them for more than 5 minutes on my carpeted living room. you sent these suckers to me like this!

8 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It's a weight management app that's been around for a while now. It provides statistics, time-to-goal estimates, BMI, and the option to sync data with both DailyBurn and Withings.

ahhhh, gotcha!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current