• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

Ada's ESL repeated challenge

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it's a frustrating process for sure. i will only buy comfortable shoes, but i also like to be kind of fashionable. you struggle to find a couple brands that mostly feel good, and stick to that until they change it up on ya. i recently bought 4 pairs of shoes online from a brand i knew i liked. i only wanted one but couldn't even bring myself to go into the store to try on 4 pairs of shoes. so much easier at home.

unfortunately one of the 3 shoes i ended up bringing to the store to return had scuff marks on the bottom so the clerk gave me side-eye. no, i didn't not wear them for more than 5 minutes on my carpeted living room. you sent these suckers to me like this!

 

ahhhh, gotcha!

 

I always worry about the side eye so I clean up shoes before I return them just in case and then never have any problems. Maybe I look super trustworthy, but after the effort I put in, come on, at least look at the shoes for 5 seconds. :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

I always worry about the side eye so I clean up shoes before I return them just in case and then never have any problems. Maybe I look super trustworthy, but after the effort I put in, come on, at least look at the shoes for 5 seconds. :P 

see, I didn't even think to check them out! they must've been online returns. now i know and will take your precautions next time :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

see, I didn't even think to check them out! they must've been online returns. now i know and will take your precautions next time :D 

 

Not gonna like, when I have to return an item that may be questioned I always try to dress "office nice". ;) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 5:52 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

 

Monday was a public holiday and the gym was closed. (The horror! What am I supposed to do with my life if I don't have to go to work and the gym is closed?) So, I went for a long walk in the morning and tried to see some of the events of May Day. It was interesting although since it was fairly early in the morning I did not see a lot of stuff. 

 

I rationally understand it but it always cracks me up that the days I get off all the things I'd like to do on a day off are closed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

what's the libra app?

 

19 hours ago, Grumble said:

It's a weight management app that's been around for a while now. It provides statistics, time-to-goal estimates, BMI, and the option to sync data with both DailyBurn and Withings.

 

I didn't know there was a sync option.

 

 

19 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it's a frustrating process for sure. i will only buy comfortable shoes, but i also like to be kind of fashionable. you struggle to find a couple brands that mostly feel good, and stick to that until they change it up on ya. i recently bought 4 pairs of shoes online from a brand i knew i liked. i only wanted one but couldn't even bring myself to go into the store to try on 4 pairs of shoes. so much easier at home.

unfortunately one of the 3 shoes i ended up bringing to the store to return had scuff marks on the bottom so the clerk gave me side-eye. no, i didn't not wear them for more than 5 minutes on my carpeted living room. you sent these suckers to me like this!

 

18 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

I always worry about the side eye so I clean up shoes before I return them just in case and then never have any problems. Maybe I look super trustworthy, but after the effort I put in, come on, at least look at the shoes for 5 seconds. :P 

 

18 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

see, I didn't even think to check them out! they must've been online returns. now i know and will take your precautions next time :D 

 

I've got a very limited range of shoes I like/find comfortable to wear, sneakers, chuck's, boots. I keep replacing the same pair of sneakers and I know my size on chuck's so I always order them online. For anything else I have to try them on but I also have specific brands that I find comfortable so I minimise the number of stores I have to go to.

 

 

5 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I rationally understand it but it always cracks me up that the days I get off all the things I'd like to do on a day off are closed.

 

lol, yeah, public holidays... Probably I should try to arrange a bbq/picnic on the next holiday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 - Day 4

 

 

Goal 1: Eat. 1700-1800kcal per day.

 

1910kcal. On the goal for gym night.

 

 

Goal 2: Sleep7-8 hours every night.

 

Did that.

 

 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

 

Did everything.

 

 

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

 

Not yet.

 

 

Weight dropped a little bit more today. :D 

 

I've gone back to drinking coffee every day. I also had a diet coke while lifting last night, which I think didn't affect my sleep. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Week 2 - Day 4

 

 

Goal 1: Eat. 1700-1800kcal per day.

 

1910kcal. On the goal for gym night.

 

 

Goal 2: Sleep7-8 hours every night.

 

Did that.

 

 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

 

Did everything.

 

 

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

 

Not yet.

 

 

Weight dropped a little bit more today. :D 

 

I've gone back to drinking coffee every day. I also had a diet coke while lifting last night, which I think didn't affect my sleep. 

 

nasty-aaron-rome-cheap-shot-hockey-hit-b

 

that's you, number 29. and bruins #18 is yesterday. wrecked it, yo!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's start with the rest of week 2 although I barely remember it to be honest.

I was invited to give a presentation and had to have some meetings as a job interview the past Friday so lots of the end of week 2 and start of week 3 were full.

I was either at work, or preparing the presentation or trying to decide on what to wear. I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt (and in general only clothes I feel comfortable in, which are not many) but in that case I had to dress a bit casually but also formally, if that makes sense. Due to me being a weirdo I hated every moment of shopping, it stressed me out more than the presentation. 

 

 

I'd taken Wednesday - Friday off work and on Wednesday I flew back to Athens (I decided to combine it with my mom's birthday on Thursday so I flew back a day earlier than necessary). I was trying to think of every little detail (and it turns out it was a good idea) so when I was waiting for boarding I realised there was something I might need at the presentation but wouldn't have had the time to buy it. I was supposed to meet a friend for drinks that night so I asked if he could buy one for me on the way to the bar since the store would be on his way and he agreed. (Being awesome as usual, he actually checked the stores and went to another one to buy it right after work in case we met later than planned and the store I suggested had closed, which is what actually happened.)

 

I worked on my slides pretty much until 10pm on Wednesday and then went for a drink.

 

I had the first meeting on Thursday. I had to wake up early that day to get some things that needed to be done first. Did everything, was on time for the meeting, finished the meeting, went back for lunch, and then to the hair dresser. When I finally went back home again I tried to rehearse my presentation a couple of times but my voice started to get hoarse during the end of the second trial and I started to feel exhausted. So guess who had a fever. I got paracetamol/acetaminophen but barely slept Thursday to Friday night. Half of the night I was turning around in bed thinking of how I felt drained and all kinds of what-could-go-wrong about the talk. My temperature had gone up at 4am so I got ibuprofen. 

 

I woke up early on Friday because I had a meeting in the morning, got some paracetamol and went to the meeting. In the meantime, my mom brought me nasal spray, sore throat candies, and stronger paracetamol pills. I went back home after the first meeting, tried to relax a bit, got something to eat, and then went back for the big round of meetings and the presentation. Tried to save any strength I had left for the presentation but by the end my voice was almost out. Had the final meeting after the presentation, went by a friend's workplace to say hi and then got home. While my temperature was mostly OK without taking any pills since that morning, at about 6pm it started to go up again so I spent the rest of the evening/night in bed watching TV. At 5am my temperature was up again, got paracetamol and went back to sleep. I slept about 11 hours in total.

 

After waking up on Saturday I drove to a pastry store to get breakfast. Then my aunt came by to see me and steal my fitbit (sold it to her and I'm waiting for the fitbit charge 2 to be delivered this Wednesday). On Saturday evening I met the previously mentioned awesome friend and later at night I had dinner with some friends.

 

On Sunday I flew back. After I got home I went out to find food and get a cup of coffee because I was very sleepy and had to work to catch up with some stuff.

Then I started to work at about 2pm and was done after 9pm (my stomach decided to cause me a lot of pain in the evening). So.... yeah, I'm dead now.

 

BTW did I say that the chances of getting that job are against me?

 

Needless to say, I haven't been able to track or go to the gym since last Tuesday but I'm going grocery shopping today after work. I'm also going to the gym again tomorrow. I haven't been brave enough to step on the scale. I did today in the morning and it wasn't too bad but I also didn't have much to eat after 2pm.

 

tl;dr I flew back for a work trip and mom's birthday, I got sick when I had to give a presentation, and I only didn't work on Saturday because I was still sick. Temperature is down but voice is out.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, what he said. Please take a day long nap and then 5 coffees and come back to us when you are human again. Phew. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible. Didn't track yesterday but I went grocery shopping after work and meal prepped for the rest of the week.

Also, I ordered protein bars (to eat as snacks). 

 

It looks like I'm back to the weight I was when I started the cut (or I am too bloated). Anyway, I don't have to travel again for two months so that should make the rest of the cut easier.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 4 - Day 2

 

 

Goal 1: Eat. 1700-1800kcal per day.

 

2010kcal. OK for gym night.

 

 

Goal 2: Sleep7-8 hours every night.

 

Didn't. I've been waking up earlier and I start to fall asleep again when I really have to get up to get ready for work.

 

 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

 

Skipped plank.

 

 

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

 

Not possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 4 - Day 3

 

 

Goal 1: Eat. 1700-1800kcal per day.

 

1858kcal. Not happy that I'm going over.

 

 

Goal 2: Sleep7-8 hours every night.

 

Didn't again.

 

 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

 

Rest day.

 

 

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

 

Not possible.

 

 

 

I've already given up on this challenge. My weight dropped a bit yesterday and today though. (Still not where it was before the trip and I'm constantly hungry.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Week 4 - Day 3

 

 

Goal 1: Eat. 1700-1800kcal per day.

 

1858kcal. Not happy that I'm going over.

 

 

Goal 2: Sleep7-8 hours every night.

 

Didn't again.

 

 

Goal 3: Lift. Getting the new programme today. I just have to follow it and not skip accessories.

 

Rest day.

 

 

Life goal: Make it to two new events during this challenge, without sacrificing sleep.

 

Not possible.

 

 

 

I've already given up on this challenge. My weight dropped a bit yesterday and today though. (Still not where it was before the trip and I'm constantly hungry.)

 

Life appears not to care about the schedule of our 5 week chalenges, lol, so... Onward! New challenge starts next week. You got this. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/18/2017 at 9:06 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

 

 

I've already given up on this challenge. My weight dropped a bit yesterday and today though. (Still not where it was before the trip and I'm constantly hungry.)

 

I firmly believe that recovering from a fever requires calories.  I know how disheartening it can be, but your body just might really need fuel.  (Hugs)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo, not updating the challenge since it got sidetracked again.

 

I went to the doctor on Friday to complain that I've been getting sick frequently and I often feel sluggish and she asked me to get blood tests done for anemia, thyroid, electrolytes, blood sugar, liver, and kidneys. Couldn't get them done on Friday because I had breakfast before going to the doctor (and they wouldn't be able to check blood sugar levels) so I'm going back tomorrow to give blood.

 

That has sparked up a bit of the anxiety that I used to have and I was in a bad place yesterday. I'm a bit better today though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Anxiety about weight or about needles? Both are stressful. *HUGS*

 

About the results of the blood test.

 

I am not stressed about needles at all. I usually observe the whole process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.