[Hurley] I like to move it, move it

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I have no interest in switching apps, but I'm curious which app you use? 

I use Sparkpeople. I put in my current weight, put in what I would like to weigh and by when and it tells me if it's doable or not. If it's more than 2 pounds per week, it won't accept anything and you have to either adjust your weight or time frame before it does. It then takes that and calculates how many calories etc you need to have per day to meet that goal. It also gives the option to tell you what to eat, like a meal plan, and you can check off any dietary needs you may have.

Yesterday went okay.

Stop eating like a dickhead - see above post for numbers

Eat more fruits & veggies - had my bell pepper recipe for lunch. 

Stop spending money like a dickhead - put $50 on my credit card yesterday. I bought a vacuum. I need a vacuum. Sweeping alone just isn't cutting it. Plus it takes forever!

I also trained at trivia again last night. Went to my normal place with my friend leading, but instead of playing I trained with her. It was a little weird, but it worked. Throat is a little sore this morning. I'm going to have to bring some honey infused water or something with me when I lead a whole night. A soft spoken person on a mic trying to be heard over a loud bar? Yea, I'm going to lose my voice at some point. My friend had to keep turning up the volume on the mic for me even though at one point I felt like I was yelling into, lol! I'll get the hang of it!

• Like 1

Morning update! 

Stop eating like a dickhead - my numbers for yesterday.

fd486f3018a75bc3da4250e8f591c2e2.jpg

Eat more fruits & veggies - I had a win. My parents were coming up last night bringing my cats back and helping to install the last of my shelves. Initially they were going to be there around 6:30, but they were running late and arriving at 7. We were going to get Panera for dinner. So I had allocated all my numbers for the day. But I was starving when I got home, and it wasn't until then that I found out they were running late. But, instead of grabbing some chips and snacking on those, I had an apple! With no peanut butter! 

Stop spending money like a dickhead - no money spent yesterday

• Like 2

I ended up putting $112 on my credit card today. Went to target to get some things I needed. Grabbed a fan, cheese, iTunes gift card, tin foil, and allergy medicine. Was in line and checked my cash. Didn't have enough so I took the $40 fan out of my cart. Don't think I need it for the rest of the week. Got rung up, and was still $20 short :( I could have put the $50 gift card back, but I still need to get more songs for my job. So I put it on my credit card. Goes to show, I should have counted before I left. Oh well. 

• Like 2

Is it bad I'm already thinking of future challenges? I want to get back to archery, trying to think of what I can do to help ease the pinched nerve pain enough to let my shoot. Yoga? I should stop and talk to coach. Haven't seen them in a couple years...

• Like 4
On 4/25/2017 at 10:17 AM, Wolfen said:

Future challenge goal then.

And another. ;)

On 4/25/2017 at 10:49 AM, hurley8604 said:

Yes! That is a great way to learn! When I first started I could only keep it up for a couple seconds at a time. But then I got to the point where I could go 45 minutes. This might be of some help:

And I'm just going to post this here for myself. Might help me

oh hey guys! there's a 7 day beginner waist hooping course going on right now, I'm using it as a dust-off / refresh. here you go! http://learn.hooplovers.tv/courses/waist-hooping

• Like 1
11 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

Is it bad I'm already thinking of future challenges? I want to get back to archery, trying to think of what I can do to help ease the pinched nerve pain enough to let my shoot. Yoga? I should stop and talk to coach. Haven't seen them in a couple years...

Not at all. I'm working on mine right now. :)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, karinajean said:

oh hey guys! there's a 7 day beginner waist hooping course going on right now, I'm using it as a dust-off / refresh. here you go! http://learn.hooplovers.tv/courses/waist-hooping

I saw that! I was debating about doing it or not. But I love her. It was her videos that helped make it "click" with a lot of what I know before I started taking classes.

15 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Not at all. I'm working on mine right now. :)

Cool, glad I'm not the only one!

• Like 1

Here are my unofficial numbers from yesterday. They are probably closer to the 1500 mark. I had popcorn that didn't come from a bag. My friend popped it in a machine like you'd find at a faire or something. Poured the oil and kernels into a metal thing inside a plexiglass box. Then added the salt after it was done. Wasn't sure how to track that.

I'll update the rest of my goals later in another post.efc8c28ab4a1dd4e8b73713f32278146.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Remainder of my goals:

Eat more fruits & veggies - None yesterday. I need to go grocery shopping and pick up some more, I ran out. 

Stop spending money like a dickhead - I didn't willingly put anything on a card yesterday. Took the cats to a new vet. Selina was limping bad on Sunday, at one point just couldn't walk for a moment. When it came time to check out, I paid with the cash I had been hoping to spend at Target the other day. Then I got an email this morning from Microsoft saying that I got charged to renew my office suite. It's $99. Ugh. I always forget about that each year. I need to somehow just flat out buy it. So that bill is going to be way higher than I hoped. 

I did pay the last bill yesterday, though. It was only $165. When I put my mind to it, and I can keep it close to my goal. I then of course freaked out because my spreadsheet made it look like I forgot to pay my internet/cable bill. And after a very stressful half hour, I realized that I didn't miss a month, I just changed which pay check it came out of, so it looked like I missed one. I just shifted from paying the bill at the beginning of the time frame to towards the end. I had too many bills coming out of that one paycheck. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

Archery isn't crazy taxing unless you are doing it a lot. Mainly because is not a symmetrical sport. Where is the pinched nerve? Yoga in general is not a cure all, but exercises specific to your problem given to you by a physical therapist might be. 

It's in my neck, the bottom 3 vertebrae are compressed. However, it manifests in my right hand/wrist/upper arm, which is the arm I use to draw the bow. I actually didn't know I was hurt until one week in archery when I started having pain and it kept on continuing. Seeing the chiropractor helps with it. He said that if I can build up my upper body strength, it would help keep in place all the adjustments he does. I have a feeling that I will never not have pain, I'm just hoping for less. Enough that I can pull back the bow for 10 ends and not be shaking from the pain. 

• Like 2

I accomplished goal 1!! I hula hooped tonight. And I now know I should be doing the 7 day beginner challenge. I couldn't keep the hoop up for more than 30 seconds. Ugh. I used to be able to work up a sweat in 10 minutes, after 20 I was just starting to. My fitbit didn't even recognize that I was trying to work out :(

• Like 3

Hula hoop 3x a week - day 1 done! See above post for commentary. I will get better!

Stop eating like a dickhead - see screencap below for numbers. I like being in the middle range. I actually ate some reese's eggs last night just to get me above 1200 calories. I was still so hungry. And all I could think was "if I had apples or some other fruit/veggie it would be so much better than the reese's". But, they're reese's eggs. Once I finish my last two, I have to wait an entire year again for them, so don't feel too guilty knowing that they are a treat. 

Eat more fruits & veggies - Yesterday morning I spotted a serving of the turkey sausage and bell pepper recipe I had made weeks/months ago frozen in my freezer. So, I put it in the fridge to defrost and I reheated that last night for dinner. Serving of veggies, check!

Stop spending money like a dickhead - none of my money was spent yesterday. Used $13 of a birthday gift card to buy a stethoscope. Why? Because I'm a paranoid furmom whose baby is hurting and the vet freaked me out. One of the reasons Selina could be limping (according to this vet) is that she has a heart murmur that threw a blood clot to her back leg. Now, I've had Selina for 3 years now and have seen 2 other vets before and neither one has mentioned her having a murmur. But, this one said that if the clot was big enough, they'd have to put her down. What I don't get, is that if she throws one and it's that big, can't they do surgery to remove it, or amputate the leg as first steps? Why is the only option putting down my baby? Anyway, she said that the murmur also could have just been caused by stress and that they would check again in September when she is due for shots. But, she's just going to be just as stressed then. She HATES vets and anyone holding her, so if it is stressed related, they are going to hear it then too. So I figured I'd buy my own cheap one and listen to her heart at home where she is relaxed. They did have me listen to hers and Salem's for comparison. And this purchased was spawned by the fact that her leg buckled again last night while on the couch. Nope, not paranoid. Not at all! 

667b349ecac60624f222013847fe72d7.jpg

• Like 2

I'm torn. Every week I have a coke at dinner at trivia. It's my weekly treat. I find that if I don't have one on occasion I will splurge later. I tracked all my food for today and with the coke, I'm going to be over by 120 calories. If I don't have it, then I'll be in the middle of my range. And I'm estimating 16oz, I honestly don't know how much I get when I order. It would be closer to 20. 

So, do I treat myself once a week knowing that one day I'll be over, and try to adjust for it the rest of the week. Or do I be good and not have it at all?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hurley8604 said:

So, do I treat myself once a week knowing that one day I'll be over, and try to adjust for it the rest of the week. Or do I be good and not have it at all?

You know yourself better than anyone else. But I personally would go with the weekly treat. I am the same way, where I will splurge if I do not include regular treats in my plan. 

Are you a fast or slow drinker? Maybe ask for extra ice to decrease the amount of actual soda in the glass?

• Like 1

It depends on what I'm drinking, actually, and when. For instance, a venti iced chai latte from Starbucks I can either make last 2 hours, or I'm done with it in 3 slurps. But, I mostly tend to be a slow drinker. I can (and have) made 1 coke last an entire 2 hours of trivia, knowing that if I drink it all by half time, the waitress will refill it without asking and I'll end up drinking both. Sometimes I've even ordered both a coke and water, so when I was done with the coke early, I'd have the water there to drink right away and wouldn't need the refill.  

• Like 2

5/3 updates:

Hula hoop 3x a week - day off

Stop eating like a dickhead - we'll just say that yesterday was my cheat day. But I only had 1 coke last night. We had the waitress that is horrible. It took almost 10 minutes (roughly 3 1/2 songs) for her to get us a take out box and a beer. We asked at the beginning of the 3rd quarter before the first question, and we were on the last question when she finally came back. She's constantly miserable and you can tell she doesn't want to be there, and the service reflects it. David said it took her 20 minutes last week for him to get a refill on his beer. 

Eat more fruits & veggies - Dinner was a casear salad. Leafy greens!!

Stop spending money like a dickhead - Dinner was paid for with allocated fun fund. I'm also debating on selling my roller skates and all the gear I bought for roller derby. I haven't touched them in over a year. Am I really going to use them? I spent around $500 on all of it, I could sell it to a freshie for $400. I'm going to think on that some more.

• Like 1

Meal planning is fun today. Originally I had packed lunch, but one of my favorite meals through the office lunch delivery system is today (I thought it was tomorrow), so I ordered that instead. It's grilled chicken and lamb gyro on a salad. So delicious! However, I have no idea how to track it. I think I found something that is similar. I'm estimating about 350 calories for half (it's too much food for one serving). If I had my leftovers from last night as dinner, I'm way over in calories by about 200. But if I eat my packed lunch for dinner, I'm under by 200 (only around 1084ish). I'll figure something out. 

• Like 1

Hula hoop 3x a week - I'll be honest. I had all intentions of doing this yesterday. But as the day went on, I got the worst post nasal drip. I kind felt like I could throw up. When I got home, instead of changing into my workout clothes and hula hooping, I just showered and sat on the couch with the cats all night.

Stop eating like a dickhead - See picture for numbers. Part of me feels like they should be higher, almost over eating higher. I honestly don't know. I only ate half of that lunch and was full until 7:30. Could that really have been only 350 calories? 

Eat more fruits & veggies - Salad at lunch. More leafy greens.

Stop spending money like a dickhead - $10 on lunch, which came out of my fun fund. Oh!!! Did I mention that when I did my banking for these next two weeks, this was the first time in months that I didn't take all of my entire paycheck for bills? No, well guess what?! I had money left over from this last paycheck!!!!

a187092e3af8aae3bfb32607f636e703.jpg

• Like 3