[Hurley] I like to move it, move it

tumblr_ojdv4b7EMR1t0l1jvo1_500.gif

I have no idea how I didn't notice this much earlier. And it could explain so much!!! I haven't been properly tracking my sandwiches, and for a very very long time. I only had one slice being tracked (and at one point I was only using slice for a sandwich), but I use two. And at 110 calories a slice, that's 550 calories minimum a week I wasn't counting. That's 1 pound a week! So much sense!!!!

giphy.gif

So, I've adjusted my groupings in my tracker so going forward I have everything being accounted for. I also made some adjustments in the calorie ranges. My fitbit is now completely synced to Sparkpeople and my nutrition tracker. So, on days that I don't work out, it will have me on the low end for calories, and on the days that I do work out, it will adjust my range. Now, I'm still going to aim for about 1350 -1400 a day. And since when I am working out it's so low intensity my fitbit doesn't even realize I am working out, I don't thin it will have much of a difference. If it screws with me, I'll just delete my account and start over. 

• Like 2

Okay, so these are my numbers from Friday. 

44a4cf01b3216ce0e1f240013af965b1.jpg

so, my weekend didn't go as planed. I was going to hula hoop on Friday thinking my roommate was going out drinking, but he didn't. Saturday, I spent a good chunk at my parents. When I got back I just sat on the couch and did nothing. Yesterday I was going to make it up, but I ended up taking Selina back to the vets and that ended up being a five hour trip. My appointment was at 3:40, we decided on x rays to make sure nothing was torn. They didn't do the x rays until almost 9pm. We were taking her back home at 9:30. My day was shot. I spent the night at my parents. And I have no idea if my roommate is going to be home tomorrow night or not. I'm thinking if I really want to exercise, I need to get a gym membership again. I've always been horrible at working out at home. 

Oh, and once again I'm tempted to buy that damn captain America shield. So far I'm resisting. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ugh! Tracking take out is so difficult! 

I tend to estimate Chinese food at at least 600 calories. That is just based upon my experience trying to track on the road, and in no way, shape or form based on any scientific fact, so YMMV.

Unless you eat it very regularly (I was eating the same thing weekly), then I wouldn't worry about the accuracy. It might increase fluctuations for this week, but long term, it's only a drop in the bucket. 

• Like 1

Yea, I was expecting it to be so much more, especially the crab rangoon. I tried to find a somewhat healthy option on the menu. I'll take a picture of it tonight. But it's chicken (real chicken and not chicken fingers!!!) in what I think is teriyaki sauce, with pineapple and whole bunch of other vegetables. But I'm with you, I was thinking that alone would be in the 600 range. 

I've also decided to forgo the next challenge. But in my battle log for as long as I remember to do it, I'm going to take pictures of everything I eat and have people weigh in. There is something that I am doing that is wrong, and I am not picking up on it. In theory I should be able to lose some weight just by changing my diet and not working out. You can't out run your fork. I must have some hidden calories somewhere. 

• Like 2

I started following your battle log to keep up and see if I have any advice!

I will say that SparkPeople has my calories much lower than iifym does (like close to 400 daily lower!). If I ate at what they wanted me to, I would be miserable and binge!

18 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

I just filled out a request to take a tour of my local YMCA. I do want to work out, I just suck at doing it at home. 

Not sure what you like to do, but our YMCA has some very fun classes (side note: aren't you in Boston - which is your local YMCA? I've worked out at one that I really liked!).

• Like 2

Hmm, maybe I'll check out iifym. Maybe that's my problem. Whenever I'm at the lower end of Sparkpeoples range, that's when I get hungry and eat any junk food that I may have in the house. 

My local one is Waltham. It's maybe 5 minutes down the road from me. There could be a Boston one closer to my work, I'm right in Brighton. I looked at their class schedule, and there's a couple pool classes that I'm interested in. I think I could also make a zumba class, though I'd need new shoes. Last time I tried zumba it killed my knees. 

I didn't end up having the Chinese last night. I really wanted the leftover chicken quesadilla, so I had that instead. Chinese will be Thursday. I did eat an apple for a snack later on though. I need to figure out how much that quesadilla was, then I'll hopefully post my numbers from yesterday.

Didn't hula hoop. Roommate didn't go to class last night. 

No money spent!! 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, hurley8604 said:

Hmm, maybe I'll check out iifym. Maybe that's my problem. Whenever I'm at the lower end of Sparkpeoples range, that's when I get hungry and eat any junk food that I may have in the house.

For reference, iifym has me at about 1700 calories while SparkPeople had me at 1300. I would eat my house at 1300 daily. 

Pool classes are awesome if you have joint issues! 

I'm pretty sure I do have joint issues. Or it's just a lack of exercise, but my knees are my biggest issue. So working out in the pool would be amazing! I think it was this YMCA that I saw pool zumba, but I'm not sure now. I'll have to look again. Though with my luck it's going to be while I'm at work. I loved my old gym, but that was my biggest complaint about them, all the fun classes were between 9-5. I get you need to aim things at stay at home parents, but, common! I want to take a Bollywood dance class too! 

• Like 1

Oh wow. I watched that without sound, but it looks intense! I think I would drown, lol. I'm assuming they are surfers? I know a lot of surfers tend to train with weights underwater to help with how long they can hold their breath. But I would love to get to that level. 

9 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Yes, Gabby and Laird are both surfers and both at the top of their game. Both have broken records as surfers. And they're married. :)

She's broken records as a surfer? I never realized that! She's a former pro-volleyball player too. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

She's broken records as a surfer? I never realized that! She's a former pro-volleyball player too. 

Apologies. Gabby set records in volleyball. She does surf, but no records. Laird on the other hand... :)

• Like 2

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I have a huge craving for chocolate. I will resist. It also helps that I don't think I have a dollar bill nor enough change to get something from the vending machine. 

I also just tracked my food through Friday. Yay for leftovers and knowing what I will be eating ahead of time. 

• Like 1

Hmm. But later it says that if one is obese (yup) I need to eat less than that and go by the lean body fat caculation. Did that and the calories came out to be way more, 1955. I know my waist skewed that. I have such a tiny waist in comparison to the rest of my body. I think I'll just stick to around 1400 calories a day if I can (though for the next 3 days I'm over 1600 :( )

• Like 1

To be fair, caloric needs are kind of a crap shoot. Unless you have a specific reason not to count calories, the best solution is to pick a specific number, track accurately, weigh yourself, and adjust.

The hardest part is making sure you are accurate in your tracking. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

The hardest part is making sure you are accurate in your tracking. 

That is so true. I still have no idea how off my numbers are for tomorrow and last night. I tried to find things that were similar and on the higher end. I'd rather track too many calories than not enough. 

Grr trying to lose weight but still be social and go out with friends. Even harder when said friends love to eat and are severely obese, too. 

• Like 1

Okay, so here are my calories from yesterday. 

21b40bcf720fc2b9be3e9a80da09c12b.jpg

Fruit/Veggies - Dinner was my standard Wednesday Salad. So there's that...

Money - Spent $20 on dinner (including tip). It came out of my fun fund

Exercise - well, that didn't happen. :( 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1