[Hurley] I like to move it, move it

I went down a rabbit hole, and now I'm lost and confused.

With Selina now on a prescription diet, my cat food budget just went to over $200 a month. That is way too much. So I tried to figure out if I could combine the two prescriptions safely, and found out that Salem most likely doesn't need to be on his. And in reality, Selina's is probably not that good for her either. I am so lost and confused. I want by babies to be healthy and pain free. 

think that Blue Buffalo is not the best out there like the company, vets, and pet stores make you believe. I'm going to pull my dad into this. 

Cats need high protein/ low carb/ low phosphorous diets. This means no fish. Avoid grains, but grain free does usually means high carb. Avoid "in gravy". 

So much information! 

I found this chart. Seems to be the best source. I just have no idea what to feed my babies. 

And all because I wanted to save some cash. 

• Like 1

Tracking complaint: I hate when tracking apps have "serving" instead of cups (or even ounces! - I'll do the conversion). I can do a decent job of estimating a cup, but serving is such a crapshoot. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Tracking complaint: I hate when tracking apps have "serving" instead of cups (or even ounces! - I'll do the conversion). I can do a decent job of estimating a cup, but serving is such a crapshoot. 

Right!? Like, how much is a serving? 1 cup, 1/2 cup? Chances are, if I'm looking it up and not inputting it myself, I don't know what the serving size is. When I input my own information, I try to put the actual amount. If I can't, then in the title I put what a serving is. That way if another member is searching for it and comes across mine, they will know. 

On another note, I went to the Y yesterday. It's nice. Small. Has 2 pools. One inside and one outside. However, it would be $52 a month! My friend only pays $32 for the one down in Plymouth. Granted, there's no pool at hers, but $52 seems really high for a YMCA. And looking around at reviews, it's totally based off of my salary. She asked if I made above or below 30K a year, and since I said about that's the price she gave. I should have said below. I wonder what it would have cost. And I wonder if they end up checking. 

There's a New Balance gym right across the street from work, and we get a discount there. But, with the discount it's still $40 a month. And I don't really want to see my co-workers while I'm at the gym. I think there might be a Planet Fitness somewhere along my way home. Maybe I'll just suck it up and go there. I did an unofficial weigh in this morning and it's saying I gained 4 pounds this month. Will do the official weigh in tomorrow. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, hurley8604 said:

On another note, I went to the Y yesterday. It's nice. Small. Has 2 pools. One inside and one outside. However, it would be $52 a month! My friend only pays $32 for the one down in Plymouth. Granted, there's no pool at hers, but $52 seems really high for a YMCA. And looking around at reviews, it's totally based off of my salary. She asked if I made above or below 30K a year, and since I said about that's the price she gave. I should have said below. I wonder what it would have cost. And I wonder if they end up checking. 

So a single adult membership at my Y ranges from $33 - $62 a month, depending on whether you want 24/7 access and how old you are. If it were me, I'd sit down and figure out how likely you are to use the different perks of each facility. Will you use the pool or attend group classes? 

• Like 2

I would do the group classes in the pool. But one I'd do is while I'm at work :( It's the aqua zumba. But, there are two others that I could attend. I've never really done group classes outside of ones in the pool. Mostly because what I want is during work hours. And their yoga is in another building that doesn't have changing rooms. So, when winter comes around, am I really going to want to drive up to the main building, change, and then either walk or drive down to the lower building, workout, and then potentially have to walk back up? Nope. 

I'm thinking this isn't the one for me, even though I really like having access to a pool. Sometimes the wallet wins out.

• Like 1

Stop eating like a dickhead - See below for yesterday's numbers.

Eat more fruits & veggies - fruit and veggies in my chinese. Not sure if you want to call it enough for the day, but I had some!

Stop spending money like a dickhead - no money spent. Tempted, but didn't. 

0a1d5b6ead2399cb7d1ebed0299fe155.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Eat more fruits & veggies - leftover salad for dinner

Stop spending money like a dickhead - no money spent. I even stopped myself from buying NYCC tickets this morning. I'd love to go, but I don't want to spend $60 on tickets and then there's no one there that I like. I even sat through the virtual waiting room. Now watch, this is the year David Tennant goes.

I'm also posting my weigh in for the last 3 months. I've actually lost weight. All water weight. Spent all night getting rid of it.

1f775cecce6d440e82d44e21d456b792.jpg71dce22141305cf85c075746bb406917.jpg

• Like 1

I'm eyeballing that chinese food but I legit think it's 2 servings of teriyaki. something I try to do to "truth" what the vague serving size thing is to take a component of the food - like the teriyaki sauce, or the chicken - and figure out how much of THAT I have and then see how the "meal" matches up. I'm not sure how big your plate is but I would estimate you have about 4-6 oz of chicken? and i know from personal experience that to coat that much food I'd need at least 1/2 a cup of teriyaki sauce. So, a google search tells me the sauce is about 15 calories per Tb, and it's 8 Tb in 1/2 a cup, so that's 120 cal in sauce, plus like 280 calories for 4 oz chicken - but you still have to throw in like, a Tb of oil, plus the pineapple... you see what I mean?

In other news, I have also really gone down that rabbit hole with cat food! so much to read about cats being obligate carnivores and how they should never eat dry food according to lots of people. it's REALLY confusing. good luck finding what works best for your little family. (my cat is on a mix of a low-grain and a no-grain dry food, she is a self-feeder. that's just what works best for her.)

• Like 2

It was about 2 scoops of food. So probably two servings. And I believe the plates are around 9 inches. When I was buying, I was trying to find ones that were on the smaller side, knowing that most dishes are super sized now. But I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being 2 servings. I tossed the remainder today. It's been a week, and I know chinese food doesn't hold up that well. 

Thanks, yea. I found a new brand and bought two small cans to test out if they liked it or not. They liked on flavor, but completely hated the other. I need to free feed, too. Or at least leave some dry kibble out, or else they get so worked up for their wet food they end up throwing it right back up. With just a little kibble left out during the day/night, they keep the wet food down. 

My travel credit card bill will be around $200 this month. I just spent $160 on bras. Granted, I now have 5 new ones, and 4 of them I got on sale. I ended up at Macys yesterday with my mom. Last week I bought a dress for my cousins wedding and it arrived on Friday. Tried it on and it showed the cleavage like you wouldn't believe. So I brought it home to get my mom and sister in laws opinion yesterday. We decided that if we shortened the straps it would help (a common thing I need with dresses). And then we came up with the idea of getting a lace insert. Off to Macys. Couldn't find one. But I was looking at the bras and decided to try on a new one, knowing that I really do need to toss the ones I have. They don't fit right. Found one that fit well, and my mom bought me two (love her!!). Tried the dress on with the new bra and low and behold, no cleavage!!! So, I just bought more. And they come in colors other than black, beige, and white!!!! I got a red, blue, and grey one!! Finally, someone realized that people over a C cup do want pretty bras. 

• Like 2

yay new bras!!!

I am looking forward to my next big splurge on new bras. mine are getting pretty stretched out, it's just not in the budget this month - because when I go, I usually end up buying a BUNCH like you did, and spending a few hundred dollars. something I have to save for.

It sucks that we need to save money for a necessity. Why do they have to be so expensive? And mine was Vanity Fair, I can't even imagine what the ones at Victoria's Secret are going for now a days. They should be around $20 a bra, not $40+, and spending $160 during a sale. Grr. I should start a cheap but good quality bra line. I could make a fortune. 

• Like 1

Eat more fruits & veggies - I really wish I could say, yes. I had packed some grapes to eat, but I never did eat them. I wonder if I took them off the numbers I just posted since I had tracked them with all intentions of eating them...

Stop spending money like a dickhead - is $200 on bras considered dickhead spending? I don't think so. But still more money than I hoped to spend. 

22e89cc55ca96d2e63b0d971a0a17afb.jpg

• Like 1

I am so tired. I am going to blame pollen and the medicine, but I really don't know why. I slept for 14 hours on Saturday (not continuous, but pretty damn close, there were a handful of bathroom breaks), and feel like I could do it again. Past two mornings I've been dreaming when my alarm goes off. That doesn't usually happen, I'm typically half awake and waiting for the alarm to go off. 

I also feel like my knee could give out any minute. It's the one I had ACL replacement on over 14 years ago (wow, I can't believe it's been that long). It just feels so weak and almost unstable. Stairs, especially going down, make the feeling worse. 

• Like 1

Can someone help me figuring out a serving size for something?

My mom bought me a slow cooker over the weekend (seriously, this woman is amazing!). So I'm going to try this recipe. According to Sparkpeople, it's only 386 per serving. But I have no idea how big a serving is!!! 

It's to be made in a 6 quart slow cooker. It serves 7.

There are 4 cups in a quart. So there would be 24 cups in this recipe. Divide by 7, and you get ~3. So, is a serving 3 cups? That just does not seem right at all.

Help! Math was never my strong point. I'm horrible at it. 

Eat more fruits & veggies - Had my chicken parm stuffed peppers last night. And had grapes at lunch. Got both a fruit and a veggie!

Stop spending money like a dickhead - no money spent yesterday, even though I tried. Went to go buy a movie ticket online with a gift card and it wouldn't let me. So now I either need to go to the theater and buy it in person, or use my own money :(

9aa6e81abdd034aa224921479fcaf684.jpg

• Like 1
20 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

Can someone help me figuring out a serving size for something?

So you'd need to (for example) figure out the total number of oz you are cooking, then divide by the number of servings. 1.5 lbs of chicken is about 24 oz, + 28 (sauce) + 11.7 (tortillas - your might vary) + 24 (all of the cheese) + 3.8 (olives) = 91.5 oz / 7 servings = 13 oz per serving = ~1.6 cups.

Note: the oz / calorie count will vary based upon whether or not you can get the same ingredients, exactly how much chicken you use (I know I have trouble finding EXACTLY a 1.5 lbs serving of chicken), and if the oz of the products match up specifically.

• Like 1

Thank you soooooooo much! I never would have figured that out. I was trying to google it yesterday, and everything was telling me to physically weigh it. I was like "I can't do that! Is there another way!?" Now to go buy the last ingredients and make this sucker. Hehe. So excited. 

• Like 1

The new pirates movie. We were trying to get seats in the lux level (leather chairs and food/alcohol service), but it sold out for memorial day at the time we picked. Now we are in general seating. Which is fine, it was $10 cheaper. I just like the leather seats for movies that are over 2 hours.

• Like 2

5/17 update

Stop eating like a dickhead - See above for yesterday's numbers.

Eat more fruits & veggies - Salad for dinner

Stop spending money like a dickhead - paid for my dinner from my fun fund

5/18 update

Stop eating like a dickhead - trying to figure out yesterday's numbers. Supervisor took the team out to lunch. I had a chicken ceaser wrap, a handful of fries (I never eat all of them) 1 mozzarella stick, and 1/4 of a potato skin. Dinner was leftovers from Wednesday. So, either at the high end of my range (we walked to the restaurant) or over. 

Eat more fruits & veggies - Grapes and a ton of lettuce (all iceberg of course :( )

Stop spending money like a dickhead - spent $15 on a movie ticket (seriously, why do they need to be this expensive? And it's a matinee!). Took the money from my fun fund. 

• Like 1