Black Daiquiri deals with ch-ch-changes!

Wow. This year, huh?

I have a lot of stuff going on and coming up and it’s leaving me a bit frazzled. Daughter is graduating at the end of next month, we have a trip to the local college this week to get her set up, I am putting an offer in on the perfect house (omgsqueeanxiety!), step-son is here regularly in the mornings, and all of this has me feeling like I’m spinning in circles.

So, since there’s lots going on, these are my priorities for this challenge.

Eats:

• I need to get back to being more mindful of my eats. This is not a strict challenge, but a mindful one. If I want to eat Oreos, eat *one* not five… and so on. >.> Try to fit more veggies in.

Thinky:

• Spinny thoughts are not helpful - especially at 5am when I’m sorta awake but not really… it results in anxiety-ridden dreams. Not fun. This has been a thing the past week or so, so I need to figure out ways to help calm the spinny-thinks. Two things I’m going to start doing that should help in a round-about way.

• Screens off by 11 (I would do 10, but sometimes that’s the only time I get to talk to husband…). 7x/wk

• No caffeine after 7pm. 7x/wk

Move yo butt:

• I need to get some sort of movement and fitness in here this go round, but I don’t have the brain powers right now to come up with a routine, so I am going to participate in the mini with whatever challenge I can get in for the day. I will try to pick my exercise(s) in the morning so I’ll have the whole day to fit it in. 5x/wk

• I will also try to plan some walks with bebe and sister in the afternoons - fresh air will also help with the thinky-thoughts. 3x/wk

In addition to the above, I will be working my butt off trying to move prep and house-selling prep. Yesterday, I washed and sorted all of our towels. We had over 30 towels… and over 20 washclothes… ridiculous. That’s kind of the state of the rest of our house. Lots of work, but I got this!

giphy.gif

p.s. since I didn't finish my trip to Candy Land Castle last challenge, for the first two weeks of this challenge, if I complete my goals, I will color in the path. Colors don't correspond to any particular activity. I just want to have it be a finished layout thingy in my bujo (which I haven't touched in two weeks. whoops.).

• Like 3

Assassin

**Challenges**

Current Challenge: Black Daiquiri is Wonder Woman

Battle Log: Black Daiquiri battles the pink robots

Previous: 1514 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 76 | 5 | 4 | 321

Love the challenge set up and yay for daughter graduating! 

Related image

• Like 2

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

5 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Love the challenge set up and yay for daughter graduating! 

Related image

Thanks Jonesy!!

Ugh. I forgot to put my name in my challenge title. >.<

Today, I am going to revisit my planks. My AMSAP last challenge was 40 full plank, 30 elbow, so, Imma give that a shot (since it's been 2 weeks..... we'll see how well I do!).

• Like 1

Assassin

**Challenges**

so exciting, this challenge! there's a lot of changes but they are GOOD.

my stepkid graduates HS this year too - he will be out in June. YIKES.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

looking really good!  Not every challenge has to be super complex and intense to be beneficial.  Good luck with your thinky brain. If you need help coming up with stuff to try, let me know and I will use my psychologist powers to dig up some techniques for you :) 

• Like 1

Level 2: Vahkiti Learner

myfittnesspal | instagram | Epic Quest

CHALLENGES

Current: Hodhi vs the Machines

Past: HoDhi walks into the woods

1 hour ago, Black Daiquiri said:

Thanks Jonesy!!

Ugh. I forgot to put my name in my challenge title. >.<

Today, I am going to revisit my planks. My AMSAP last challenge was 40 full plank, 30 elbow, so, Imma give that a shot (since it's been 2 weeks..... we'll see how well I do!).

You can change the title by editing the first post, :) 

You're going to hold those planks like a beast!

• Like 1

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 hours ago, karinajean said:

so exciting, this challenge! there's a lot of changes but they are GOOD.

my stepkid graduates HS this year too - he will be out in June. YIKES.

Every time I think about it, my heart drops to my stomach. I am excited for her and scared and nervous and happy and ALL THE EMOTIONS!

1 hour ago, HoDhi said:

looking really good!  Not every challenge has to be super complex and intense to be beneficial.  Good luck with your thinky brain. If you need help coming up with stuff to try, let me know and I will use my psychologist powers to dig up some techniques for you :) 

Thanks! I know it's all anxiety because of all of the big changes coming up and I seem to be doing ok handling it during the day when I'm up, but after a few hours sleep, stupid anxiety dreams kick in. So not helpful brain. Kinda like so (except not the bathroom bit):

CQpIlY2UAAATp82.png

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

You can change the title by editing the first post, :) 

You're going to hold those planks like a beast!

Thanks Jonesy!

• Like 2

Assassin

**Challenges**

Quick check-in (I got distracted by @Asa Pond's trailer she posted...):

No caffeine after 7 - check

Screens off by 11 - counting it even though it'll be about 15 minutes late

Mini - check 25 seconds full plank, 15 elbow plank

Got to go on another walk through on the house. Called the countertops "our counters" when talking to my aunt, so I think my brain is fully on board with my new house. Just need to kick the anxiety to the curb, so I can confidently call all the various professionals and such to keep everything moving forward!

• Like 4

Assassin

**Challenges**

Much adulting today.

Calls/emails to the bank, insurance company, and lawyers to be made today. Most are done, now I'm just waiting for a few details and waiting kind of sucks.

It's gray and gloomy out, but stuff needs done anyways, so I'm off to pretend I'm an adult and know what I'm doing.

• Like 4

Assassin

**Challenges**

I still keep thinking it's Wednesday. Tried to take the trash out to the curb. But, nope. That's for tomorrow night. /sigh

Tomorrow, more adulting follows. Checking back in with the bank to get a couple of answers to some questions I sent over today, getting feedback from the lawyer on the offer, then chatting with the realtor to finish it up and get it sent over. (omgyay!!)

And also, taking my daughter over to the local college for a campus tour and meet with the advisor. (omgalready??)

After that, we're going to watch step-son at his ballgame. :D

so much adult.

After 10+ days of headaches, I went to the doc and will now be taking a daily migraine prevention med. Hopefully it helps with preventing headaches. :P Some side effects may be nice like the "makes you sleepy" one and possibly "weight loss" (not that I recommend weight-loss via medicine, but at this point, it's definitely a much better side-effect than weight gain!). But, we'll see. I imagine it'll take a while to kick in, and hopefully, it'll be one of those medicines where I don't realize it's working because I'm not in pain and not thinking about it.

Today:

No caffeine - .5. I started my can of soda before 7, but was nursing it, so it was after 8 by the time I finished it...

Screens off by 11 - will do. I'll maybe watch a quick episode of something. or maybe just read. I dunno yet.

Mini - 3 negative pushups. 15 secs each elbow and full planks.

Food - need to work on making deliberate decisions to not eat junk. >.>

• Like 4

Assassin

**Challenges**

So much excitement! 

I hope the meds work for the headaches, those are the worst. :( 

• Like 2

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Oh, this reminds me. I'm going to recreate my house in Sims since today is a slow day until the college visit this afternoon. So, need to make sure it's installed. ;) 

• Like 2

Assassin

**Challenges**

Ach. Migraines suck. Here's hoping the meds do you right and the tiny people stop hammering inside your skull.

• Like 2

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

Yeah. When I got up this morning, it was back, so more treatment meds, but the day's been ok otherwise. Read it can take a while for the preventative meds to actually start preventing.

Today, went to the college. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it might be. Daughter stepped up and took the initiative and asked a lot of smart questions. I was mostly in the background (as much as you can be with a bebe). But...The advisor did think I was a young grandma... So that was awkward a bit.

And then I PUT AN OFFER ON MY NEW HOUSE!

please think good thinks that they will just accept the offer and we will get our awesome house because I don't know if my heart can take the anticipation..... O.O  Offer said they're supposed to let us know by Friday afternoon.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

The rest of tonight's schedule is calm and easy.

• Like 5

Assassin

**Challenges**

15 hours ago, Black Daiquiri said:

But...The advisor did think I was a young grandma... So that was awkward a bit.

At least she thought you were young. I once got a super bloody nose after running into a girl during a middle school volleyball tournament. My father tried to come onto the court to come get me and he was told he had to stay back because grandparents weren't allowed. 

I got a kick out of it - he wasn't too thrilled. ;) 

• Like 4

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

Yay! They accepted our offer! So excited! And now comes bank stuff, and appraisals, and inspections.

But so much yay!

Still fighting a stupid migraine. This is just ridiculous. *grumpface* I mean, it's not debilitating. I can still function. But my eyes just ache and moving my head too much just sucks.

49 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

At least she thought you were young. I once got a super bloody nose after running into a girl during a middle school volleyball tournament. My father tried to come onto the court to come get me and he was told he had to stay back because grandparents weren't allowed. 

I got a kick out of it - he wasn't too thrilled. ;) 

This is hilarious. XD

• Like 4

Assassin

**Challenges**

3 minutes ago, Black Daiquiri said:

Yay! They accepted our offer! So excited! And now comes bank stuff, and appraisals, and inspections.

But so much yay!

Congrats!  I hope the inspection goes well. :) 

Image result for excitement gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

10 hours ago, Black Daiquiri said:

Oh wow! Congratulations! Mazel Tov! Yippee! So exciting, heartwarming, and terrifying all at once. 

• Like 3

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

So, the past few days, house excite aside, I have been hit with some pretty bad gloom. The turn in weather just hit me so much harder than I would have expected and I've been having a hard time fighting it, along with the constant nag of headaches (they're still not debilitating, but they're still constantly "watching over my shoulder" so to speak").

The temps have been in the 40s and 50s with non-stop gloom and rain and cold. And my brain just hasn't been able to take it. I think I've had a bit of hormones contributing as well, because why not. So, yeah. That's why the absence. Forecast shows one more cold and rainy day and then we'll be back in the upper 60s with sun for the rest of the week. Even though I don't feel it right now, I wouldn't be surprised at a sudden and, perhaps striking, bounce back after all of this down-troddenness I've been feeling. I would not do well in the Pacific Northwest..... Today, went to the store and it was raining so hard that I felt like I was actually inside a car wash... >.>

I imagine that tomorrow I will have various house stuff to get started on since it was late Friday when I sent off signed paperwork, so hopefully that will help get me in a somewhat better mood.

• Like 3

Assassin

**Challenges**

You know at first I had to remind myself you are not IN the PNW. Your description there was spot on for our weather. Lol

A lot of my friends and co-workers are feeling the same way. In Western, WA we expect and are used to the gloom, but this year even people who like it are having a hard time. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Last night I actually had a couple of hours of no headache and I actually laughed and had some fun with daughter and husband over Skype while eating some broccoli cheese soup in bread bowls (that daughter mostly made). And then I slept pretty deeply and that was also good.

I woke up feeling better and the sun was out and I was thinking that maybe the migraine decided to take a break, but I dunno. My head is iffy right now with some vision disturbances and stuff going on with my right eye... I'm just trying to take it easy, literally one step at a time and see if maybe today will be better. I will not go into full manic mode since the sun's out (which is what I tend to do "THE SUN IS OUT, OPEN ALL THE WINDOWS AND CLEAN ALL THE THINGS BECAUSE YAY SUN!" i dunno, it makes sense to my weird brain) because I'm pretty sure sudden super-activity won't help my head, but a gentle walk in the afternoon with bebe in the fresh, after rain air probably will.

House stuff is in a waiting period... inspection is scheduled for next week. waiting... bank is working on loan stuff. waiting... insurance is working on insurance stuff for the bank. waiting... and I'm just sitting here waiting...

I did finish my Sims rendering of our house for husband though. :D 

• Like 6

Assassin

**Challenges**

Headaches suck nuts.  In 2015, I had constant migraines and concentration issues due to my degenerative disc disease in my neck.  Physical therapy and some pain meds solved the pain, but without doctors and multiple scans, the issue and solution would not have been discovered.  I get headaches due to allergies and dehydration too, but there are other symptoms to help determine the cause and solution.  Listen to your body and talk to a doctor about it.  WebMD can be helpful too, but a professional will see things you don't.  Something to think about if the headaches continue.

• Like 3

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)