That Boy Ain't Right.

Been a bit hasn't it?

2017 hasn't been off to a great start. I jumped in with three feet and decided I'd try the Warriors and everything was going great until it wasn't and it crashed and burned. I still worked out, I still did stuff, I just wasn't as zealous and stopped posting on the forum and then I got sick a few times and just... blah.

Something weird about me and how I interact with the forum. It doesn't feel good to admit this but I really want to be done with it. It's a real irrational thing but when I see others getting a lot of posts it sort of makes me feel guilty/sad or something I'm not sure. I'll post on other people's threads and feel good about it but when others do too it gets me down for some reason. And then as some stupid kicker on top of that, if/when they come and post on my stuff it makes me feel down too and I don't freaking get it. So eventually like a sulky kid at a party I just pull out all together.

Anyone else feel that? Anyone else beat that? Halp pls!

Also with regards to working out sick. Anyone have a tip of advice for how to work out when sick? I go to a local gym and even if they're not considerate about it I don't want to go to the gym while sick and spread it around so I'll just lazily do some halfarsed body weight exercises. Is that what others do? Or do you just workout sick and damn the illness this is war and everyone needs to live dangerously?

Lighthouse out.

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

Hey, welcome back! Don't feel like you need to forum in order to be a good person, I support you 100% if it turns out this medium of interacting with an online community doesn't help you. I've had related feelings about interactions in other contexts - this feeling of wanting community and meaningful interaction with others, but then a feeling of disappointment afterwards, as if it didn't live up to my expectations. For me, it usually means my expectations aren't realistic about the people in question (maaybe chatting with the lady at the DMV doesn't need to shake me to my soul), or about the setting (I am not geared to walk into a noisy party and make friends. It's just not happening). Could you maybe journal about it, asking yourself what you're wanting from these interactions that you're not getting?

Level 38 [TBD]

I am that exactly on the forums. If a few guild memes get thrown around and I don't get them, or I get busy and come back to see like ten pages of posts with everyone looking all happy and what not I get irrationally upset for about five minutes and then vanish for weeks. Or lurk and get mad at myself for not throwing down a comment or asking a question. Social interaction in a forum or in a party setting gets me like this. I try and make friends with new people but mostly I get overwhelmed and then find a quiet corner to hide in.

As for working out sick, I tend to go the non traditional route and just power clean my house. Housework is hard work when you are sick and because you are at home if you start feeling super tired or nauseated or something you're at home. Perfect place to be when sick :)

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 2:06 PM, Laghail said:

Hey, welcome back! Don't feel like you need to forum in order to be a good person, I support you 100% if it turns out this medium of interacting with an online community doesn't help you. I've had related feelings about interactions in other contexts - this feeling of wanting community and meaningful interaction with others, but then a feeling of disappointment afterwards, as if it didn't live up to my expectations. For me, it usually means my expectations aren't realistic about the people in question (maaybe chatting with the lady at the DMV doesn't need to shake me to my soul), or about the setting (I am not geared to walk into a noisy party and make friends. It's just not happening). Could you maybe journal about it, asking yourself what you're wanting from these interactions that you're not getting?

This is that I like the community, I like posting and reading and communicating with others. I'll definitely be journaling about this next experience to find out how this goes. I appreciate the tip and the relating comment :)

On 4/24/2017 at 5:09 PM, Leigh said:

I am that exactly on the forums. If a few guild memes get thrown around and I don't get them, or I get busy and come back to see like ten pages of posts with everyone looking all happy and what not I get irrationally upset for about five minutes and then vanish for weeks. Or lurk and get mad at myself for not throwing down a comment or asking a question. Social interaction in a forum or in a party setting gets me like this. I try and make friends with new people but mostly I get overwhelmed and then find a quiet corner to hide in.

As for working out sick, I tend to go the non traditional route and just power clean my house. Housework is hard work when you are sick and because you are at home if you start feeling super tired or nauseated or something you're at home. Perfect place to be when sick :)

Why are we so blargh!? Curse introversion. It's very nice to know I'm not alone in that regard and I'm sorry you go through the same thing.

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

I think that's very normal to compare yourself to other people's online representations and feel bad about things.  I absolutely do the same thing so I know where you are coming from.  I can get down on myself just like anybody else and get very self-pitying and inward looking.  Especially when I am not exercising and or eating decently.  Personally I am not committing to anything more than a day long challenge because I know I'll beat myself up too much if I get off track just a little bit. I've been away from the forums for quite a while but coming back because I need it at the moment to get back on track after a bad 4-5 months.  You really don't have to use the forums if it's not helping you.  All you have to do is be kind to yourself and figure out works for you, and that takes trial and error, just don't give up!

Completed Quests: