Mr. Six Seeks Wonder (pt. 1)

Mr.Six

Wonder: n.  a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable. 

Terror_1200_01.jpg

Respawn.

In my head, this takes place as a horse-drawn wagon ambles along a mountain road.  

My wrists are bound and I think (again), 'who am I to be this time.'

Are our lives driven by the gods or fate, or do we act as the architects of our destiny?  Maybe both? 

Either way, I am here now and an entire unwritten tale calls to me.  Calls me to become greater.

So let us go then, you and I...and remember: do or do not -- there is no try.

• Hero's Journey on Darebee.  For the purposes of this challenge, I need to have completed at least 25 workouts by the end of the challenge period.
  • Meal Planning.  Practical Paleo + pancake cheat day.  The broad goal is to minimize time-invested while eating as clean as possible.
  • Adulting on Legendary.  I need to work intelligently, efficiently, and tirelessly.  There is much to be done and 'extra time' needs to be invested in relationships.  http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/12/the-tail-end.html  Accomplishments can be earned in the following areas:
    • Toft and Croft - the house is cleaner/more organized/or improved.
    • Coin Purse - anything from increasing financial knowledge to paying down debt.
    • Guildmaster - professional activity - networking, interviewing, or attending membership/continuing ed. events
    • Binding - relationship building with friends and family.
    • Wonder - do something that creates this feeling in yourself or another.
    • Potage le Magnifique - plan those meals.
    • Adventurer Like You - get bigger, stronger, faster...to adventure of course.  *Bonus* stay injury free (a.k.a. avoid arrows)

Revised 4/27

• Like 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

Not very productive day yesterday and already behind the curve a bit.  Hero's Journey (0/25).  Meal Planning - none so far, but picked a meal plan and will be figuring out a shopping list in the next day or so. Adulting - Had a really great night with the kids, but didn't get any other adulting done because I decided to do some Skyrim assassin-ing instead.

In other news, a property I own in WI went under contract so that will be one less thing to stress about.  Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly through the inspection/appraisal phases and we can lay this project to rest.  (That kind of counts as adulting right?)

• Like 1

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

Does the cart ride feel like this?

Related image

54 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

In other news, a property I own in WI went under contract so that will be one less thing to stress about.  Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly through the inspection/appraisal phases and we can lay this project to rest.  (That kind of counts as adulting right?)

I would think that does count as adulting! :) 

Following along. 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Grrr... still haven't started the Hero's Journey.  It must begin but dedicating time to workout has been a challenge.  Now that I've found the sweetspot in my bodyweight progressions for the Assassin's mini, I can get some reps/secs in throughout the day.  Hooah.

Meal planning has been a disaster this week because of intervening family events, but planning continues for next week.

Adulting - cleaned basement in preparation for HVAC tech.  This may have been excessive, but it felt good to get things organized. +1 Toft and Croft.

Also, dinner with my brother and sister-in-law. +1 Binding.

• Like 1

Here you are!! yay!!! Following. Of course. ;) 

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

Following!

55 minutes ago, Lilmissbri said:

Here you are!! yay!!! Following.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Alright, quick update.  Removing Hero's Journey as a sub-quest.  Time is still a premium and I can't seem to find the time to fit in a structured workout.  Apparently, it's not how I roll.  But hey, this is a rebellion and I'll keep rocking the guerrilla workouts.  

Equipment acquisition goals > TRX system, pull up bar, heavy bag.  *Bonus* - DIY (I'm cheap as f***).

Yesterday, I got some decent bodyweight work in to further the cause in the Assassin Mini. +1 Adventurer Like You

Spent some time doing WH breathing and brief meditation by the creek. +1 Wonder

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

DIY (I'm cheap as f***).

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap

Holy shiz, how is it already Friday of week 1?

c8c7ba9cc456b0ef2dbbe4d9643598c3.jpg +1 Toft and Croft

Updated my info with the Colorado Bar Association - +1 Guildmaster

Spent a little extra time with my parents in the morning - even though it made me late for work: +1 Binding

Agent Echo fell asleep on my chest after I fed her > overwhelming gratitude for everything I've been graced with = +1 wonder

Holy damn my arms were sore from some of the push-up progressions earlier this week -- good feeling but I slacked yesterday.

Who knows about the weekend, but depending on the extent of this crazy April snowstorm that's rolling in it may involve some shoveling.

Happy Friday everyone.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

I'm having a tough start to the challenge too but we'll get our feet under us.

Definitely.  Are things still on track for the law school app(s)?  I know you were having some issues with academic letters of rec.  (I apologize if I've missed this in your thread.)

Also, where are you applying?

1 hour ago, Mr.Six said:

Agent Echo fell asleep on my chest after I fed her > overwhelming gratitude for everything I've been graced with = +1 wonder

:D

• Like 1

What a weekend!  Mrs. Six injured her back so the chasing of the little ones on Saturday was cranked up to 11.

Very successful weekend for housework (+3 Toft and Croft), but I didn't get the budgeting app up and running as intended (+0 Coin Purse).  No new job hunt efforts (+0 Guildmaster), but I have a plan in place for next steps. We spent some excellent quality time with the kiddos and also had breakfast with some extended family on Sunday (+2 Binding).  Got to do some WH breathing and cold work on Friday night, which included laying in the snow in shorts doing deep breathing, listening to the snow, and clearing my mind from the stress of the week. (+1 Wonder).  WE DID A MEAL PLAN!  Not quite as veggie heavy as I would like, but hey -- it's a start (+1 le Magnifique).

Although it generally involved hoisting one or both of my 20ish pound living weights, I did enough physical activity to justify at least one point in that area too... (+1 Adventurer).

Challenge total: 16

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Mrs. Six injured her back so the chasing of the little ones on Saturday was cranked up to 11.

OH CRAP!! That's awful. Is she alright? :o/ 

Just now, Lilmissbri said:

OH CRAP!! That's awful. Is she alright?

Yeah, we think it was just a minor strain.  Required some resting and heat/cold therapy, but she seemed to have improved by Sunday.  Thanks for asking!

• Like 2

Doing some recreational reading which is great because I haven't made the time in a while.  But for some reason I read fiction at a snail's pace.  The downside is that it cuts into my other quests/obligations.

100 reps yesterday for the mini. +1 Adventurer  (On a side note, I need to work on my skinny assed legs before I tip over.)  I did some major introspection as I sat in silence on the way into work today.  What I came to find was that I haven't really processed some of my baggage and that these events/insecurities/etc. are holding me back in a big way.  It seems like an obvious statement when I write it, but realizing that something still smarts after nearly a decade can be a little shocking.  Going to give myself a wonder point here bacause it was a surprise that has left me with a new appreciation of the bigger picture.  +1 Wonder

• Like 3

Waaaahhh!  I was just messing around and did 2 weighted pistols (right leg only -- lost balance on left leg b/c I couldn't stabilize my knee enough).  Woot! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

Waaaahhh!  I was just messing around and did 2 weighted pistols (right leg only -- lost balance on left leg b/c I couldn't stabilize my knee enough).  Woot! 

Congrats, that's awesome!

Image result for awesome gif

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

It seems like an obvious statement when I write it, but realizing that something still smarts after nearly a decade can be a little shocking.

This is always hard. Important and necessary but hard to admit to. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

NICE. That's awesome!

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

10 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Doing some recreational reading which is great because I haven't made the time in a while.  But for some reason I read fiction at a snail's pace.  The downside is that it cuts into my other quests/obligations.

OOOOOH. What are you reading?! :o)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

What are you reading?!

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks -- very assassiny :)

Had to go off-plan a little bit because I forgot to take out the meat for dinner, but still had a healthy meal including some beet greens...yumm (+1 le Magnifique)  Did some job hunting yesterday, but with no real traction. (+1 Guildmaster).  Had an excellent and much-needed conversation with my brother about our life and our dad's illness. (+1 Binding).  

Goals for the day:

• get some administrative tasks done
  • invoke wonder
  • put up some numbers for the mini
  • Like 2