My first challenge

Marika

I'm not really sure how all of this works yet, since this is the very first challenge I'm doing, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon :)

What I want to accomplish in the next four weeks is:

Diet:

- substitute some of the candy I eat with fruit 

- choose healthier afternoon snacks

Fitness:

- stretch 4 times a week 

Level up:

- do school work on time instead of staying up late to do it

I really hope this goes well and I'll accomplish at least some of my quests. I thought going as a rebel for my first challenge would be good, but I'll probably choose the assassins next time, since I do acrobatics, hooping and I'm also interested in learning parkour.

• Like 1

Hi Marika,

Have you thought about making your goals quantifiable? Some people find it helpful to add some accountability to their good intentions. You've done it with the stretching, but maybe it might be good to say, "I'm going to chose healthier snacks 80% of the time," or, "I'm going to substitute fruit for candy every other day," or something like that.

You're definitely on the right track with incorporating healthy habits to replace unhealthy ones though! Time management is one that I need to work on too. :-)

Good luck!

• Like 2

Welcome to the Rebellion! @eden_fire has some great advice there. 

I feel you on the schoolwork goal. I stay up late for it way too often. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 27.4.2017 at 0:00 AM, eden_fire said:

Hi Marika,

Have you thought about making your goals quantifiable? Some people find it helpful to add some accountability to their good intentions. You've done it with the stretching, but maybe it might be good to say, "I'm going to chose healthier snacks 80% of the time," or, "I'm going to substitute fruit for candy every other day," or something like that.

You're definitely on the right track with incorporating healthy habits to replace unhealthy ones though! Time management is one that I need to work on too. :-)

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice :). I definitely see how that can be helpful, but I'm a very perfectionistic person and get stressed out if I don't reach the goals I set for myself. As de-stressing my life is something I'm also trying to work on, I'm making my goals vague and small(at least for now). I'll still keep your advice in mind and might try it out later. 

• Like 1
On 28.4.2017 at 3:22 AM, fleaball said:

I feel you on the schoolwork goal. I stay up late for it way too often. 

Yeah, I haven't been doing that well on it this week. No matter how productive I try to be I somehow always end up working on something at 2 am :D

• Like 1

Hey @Marika, how's it going?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

Hey @Marika, how's it going?

Hey, I meant to update on here more often but I've kind of forgotten in the hassle of everyday life. 

I'm doing a lot better on the diet goals than I expected. I actually haven't eaten any candy yet and I've mostly been snacking on carrots and veggie sandwiches.

The fitness and level up goals on the other hand aren't going that well. I managed to stretch three times last week, which is of course better than nothing, but I would've liked to get in one more stretching session.  This week I've only stretched once properly and once halfheartedly, but I'm gonna stretch properly today and either tomorrow or on Sunday, depending on how sore I'm after today's acrobatics and unicycle practice :D

I've actually stayed up later than usual these past two weeks and only getting around 4 hours of sleep per night. Yesterday however, I went to sleep at midnight, which I know is still late, but way better than 2.30. I guess one night of adequate sleep is still better than none. 

Thanks for checking up on me, otherwise I probably wouldn't update at all :D

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Great job on not eating candy!

And 3 stretch sessions is still a lot. :) 

This!

Incorporating new habits is hard. Don't worry about what you've missed, just resolve to do better in the last two weeks of the challenge than you did in the first two. :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I thought I should update for once before i forget, so here's how I'm doing on each goal:

Diet:

"- substitute some of the candy I eat with fruit"

I've been doing way better on this one than I thought I would. I ate some chocolate on Saturday, but haven't had any other candy besides that during the whole challenge.

"- choose healthier afternoon snacks"

Been doing pretty well on this one as well. I've had some not so healthy cereal a few times, but I've mainly been sticking to cut up veggies with salsa and eye bread sandwiches with veggies and tofu.

Fitness:

"- stretch 4 times a week"

I thought I'd fail this one because the first week didn't go as I planned, but the second week I managed to get in four stretch sessions, even though one of them wasn't that long.

This week I've stretched twice already, so I think I'll achieve my goal this week as well.

Level up:

"- do school work on time instead of staying up late to do it"

Uh, well, I guess you can't succeed at everything? So I've tried to get more sleep, but I've been drowning in assignments and text analyses the past two weeks and haven't done any progress on my level up goal. I feel like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle of tiredness; I'm tired so I do everything more slowly, I stay up later to get everything done, which means I'll get too little sleep and I'll be even more tired the next day. 

Luckily there's only a few weeks left of school before the summer, even though I also feel like I use that as an excuse to not even try to get on track with sleeping properly.

Anyway, I went to my brother's parkour class today. They had something called "guest day" which means they got to invite a family member to try some basic parkour techniques. It was super fun and I already learnt to do a roll and how to land. I also learnt that I have even less upper body strength than I thought. I think my next challenge will be something related to that...

• Like 1